PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Douche Bag...

KEVIN78250
05-17-2008, 11:19 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs9Fkf8gmhM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs9Fkf8gmhM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

EmerieYo
05-17-2008, 11:24 PM
:rollinI Love the negativity

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:27 PM
yeah i already saw this, the guy on the left is about as dumb as they come. the guy on the right appears to have some sort of brain.

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 11:28 PM
the guy on the right appears to have some sort of brain.

Yet he still agrees the play was dirty..hmm

LakerHater
05-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Where are these guys from!?

Tigole Bitties
"scrub players like Robert Horry"

"cheap bitch"

"Popovich pats him on the ass and says nice job"

what a fool

lefty

2001. Juwan Howard on Derek Anderson
2006. Jason Terry punches Finley in the nuts
2008. Kidd slams Pargo

You were saying ?

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Why does only one of them have a mic, yet both sound ok?

mavsfan1000
05-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Just telling it like it is. I don't know how you can argue against it. Especially since Horry did a cheap shot last year against Nash.

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 11:36 PM
2001. Juwan Howard on Derek Anderson
2006. Jason Terry punches Finley in the nuts
2008. Kidd slams Pargo

You were saying ?

It appears you listed some more dirty plays to go with this one by Horry. To be fair, I don't think the Juwan Howard incident was on purpose but it did cause the most bodily harm.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:37 PM

hence "some sort" of brain

the other guy was an off the charts dumbass

- Mars

LakerHater
05-17-2008, 11:38 PM
That isn't the first time Terry has punched anyone, is it?

mavs>spurs2
Actually Mars, I think most of us with brains who don't live in a trailer park in San Antonio agree that there was bad intent on that play.

ClingingMars
Just telling it like it is. I don't know how you can argue against it. Especially since Horry did a cheap shot last year against Nash.

mav fans are such pussies.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Actually Mars, I think most of us with brains who don't live in a trailer park in San Antonio agree that there was bad intent on that play.

I live in a house in Virginia, you fucking dumbass.

also, I dare you to listen to what the announcers said after that play.

- Mars

boutons_
05-17-2008, 11:42 PM
The Young Turds

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:43 PM
The Young Turds

:lmao :lmao :lmao

- Mars

E20
05-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Douchebags up the pizzazz. This guys is a fucking tard.

E20
05-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Have these guys seen basketball outside of the Post-Michael Jordan era?

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2008, 11:46 PM
I live in a house in Virginia, you fucking dumbass.

also, I dare you to listen to what the announcers said after that play.

- Mars

I don't give a fuck where you live, you got the point. The only people denying Horry's intent are Spur homers. Even guys like Whottt are saying that he knew what he was doing but they embrace it as a "smart play." Call it what you will, but Horry knew what he was doing.

mavsfan1000
05-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Bowen and Horry at least. I don't see how you can argue that point. Maybe you can argue that is what playoff basketball is about but only one injury has come from this and it is caused by Horry. Bowen likes to step under players ankles as well. I don't hate the spurs but I do hate Horry. I wish he wasn't on the team as he is a spoiled brat with 7 championships and a big mouth. I hated him even more with the Lakers.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't give a fuck where you live, you got the point. The only people denying Horry's intent are Spur homers. Even guys like Whottt are saying that he knew what he was doing but they embrace it as a "smart play." Call it what you will, but Horry knew what he was doing.

Of course, because every single action in a basketball game is planned out! and, if someone is injured, the rule is you cannot touch him while he is on the court. why doesn't someone tell the Hornets to stop knocking Manu to the ground? I mean, he does have a problem with his ankle so he should get a pass, right?

- Mars

E20
05-17-2008, 11:51 PM
I can't wait to hear the boos in Nuevo Orleans.

ClingingMars
05-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Bowen and Horry at least. I don't see how you can argue that point. Maybe you can argue that is what playoff basketball is about but only one injury has come from this and it is caused by Horry. Bowen likes to step under players ankles as well. I don't hate the spurs but I do hate Horry. I wish he wasn't on the team as he is a spoiled brat with 7 championships and a big mouth. I hated him even more with the Lakers.

bowen does skirt the line with the rules, but he's only been suspended once.

you can hate horry all you want, i bet he doesn't fucking give a shit cause he has more championships than the entire Maverick franchise.

- Mars

Spurs Champs 08
05-17-2008, 11:53 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs9Fkf8gmhM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs9Fkf8gmhM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO POST VIDS ,PIZ HELP

E20
05-17-2008, 11:55 PM
DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO POST VIDS ,PIZ HELP
type
['youtube']code[/'youtube']

w/o the quotes

the code is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IpqvuU9w94

the bolded parts only.

spursfor5
05-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah the guy on the left is a fucking idiot.

Spurs Champs 08
05-17-2008, 11:57 PM
OH THX I REALY REALY WANTED 2 KNOW ,:flag:

Avitus1
05-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Yawn this is so tiresome

Slydragon
05-18-2008, 01:28 AM
:lol from now on when a NO fan bitches in here I am going to picture the guy on the left saying it.

Princess Pimp
05-18-2008, 01:41 AM
These guys are totally right..

Fucking dirty spuds!

lefty
05-18-2008, 01:42 AM
These guys are totally right..

Fucking dirty spuds!

How' bout those losers Suns?

Gone fishin' !

Princess Pimp
05-18-2008, 01:43 AM
How' bout those losers Suns?

Gone fishin' !

Don't worry your yeam will join us Monday night.

lefty
05-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Don't worry your yeam will join us Monday night.

No.

And just to let you know: we're going to repeat as well.

Be mentally ready for that :toast

E20
05-18-2008, 01:45 AM
FUcking shit....we'll be running out of crow for people to eat once the Spurs repeat this season.

Princess Pimp
05-18-2008, 02:00 AM
FUcking shit....we'll be running out of crow for people to eat once the Spurs repeat this season.

Stern wouldn't allow it!

He already promised the ratings will be up and certainly with the Spurs in it this is far from happening :lol

SPURS50
05-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Now every time Horry fouls someone it's with the intent to injure! RIGHT? Cry for me all you fools who can say that horrys foul on west was any harder than the shit that Chandler has pulled of on parker on more than a few occasions in this series! Give me a break! I know what Horry did to Nash last year was not right and phoenix paid the price, but to even say that the foul on d.west was just like the hit on Nash is just beyond me. Pop told Horry hey go out there and ruff someone up (wink, wink) and then he pat's him on the ass. Ya that's what happened because a few haters said so!

whottt
05-18-2008, 02:18 AM
I hope David West gets about 75 backpicks set on him in game 7. I hope the Spurs do a pickpick on him every chance they get. I would design about 40 new plays to put David West in a position to where he is going to get picked in the back if there is anyway humanly possible. I would then run those plays the first 40 times down the court.

I want to see Kurt Thomas hitting him with backpicks.
I want to see Oberto hitting him with backpicks.
I want to see Horry hitting him with backpicks.
I want to see Duncan hitting him with backpicks.
IF Pop goes small I want to see Finley hitting him with backpicks.

I want to see two Spurs hitting him simultaneously on offensive plays, one from the front, even if it costs an offensive foul, and the other smack dab in the small of the back.

Maximum bendage.

i want to see the entire focus of the first quarter be nothing but setting back picks on David West....I think this should be more of a priority in the first quarter than scoring the ball.

If West doesn't hit the ground at least...oh let's say half as many times as Parker will, in the first quarter alone...then the Spurs have failed to do their job.

At the very least I epect David West to be so pissed by halftime of this game that he'll pick up at least one T, but hopefully he'll get himself ejected, he 's been pretty close to it for most of this series.

The Spurs need to smack this fucker every single opportunity they get.

IF they fail to exploit his weakness, they don't deserve to be champions anyway.

I will be completely disappointed in the Spurs if I legitimately don't see David West get hit in the back 20 times in this game. IT will be arguably the most disappointed I have ever been in the Spurs if they don't do this.

Exploit the fact that West shouldn't be on the court..
Shut down Peja(with Udoka)
Force Paul to beat you all by himself(with Bowen on him)

Buhbye Hornets...

IT's just that easy, and I gonna be fucking pissed off if the Spurs don't do this.

SAtown
05-18-2008, 02:29 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/a0jec4.png

J.T.
05-18-2008, 02:33 AM
I will be completely disappointed in the Spurs if I legitimately don't see David West get hit in the back 20 times in this game. IT will be arguably the most disappointed I have ever been in the Spurs if they don't do this.

I agree. SpursTalks knows I am no stranger to wishing injury on a player, but it makes so much sense in this situation because the Spurs can backpick West all game long and it will be perfectly within the rules of the game. David West has an injury that is thoroughly exploitable without incurring ejections or suspensions. The only way this can remotely come back to hurt the Spurs is if West gets a lesson in flopping from his own team's point guard and is able draw fouls.

Another good thing that could come from that type of plan is the Amare Effect. The Hornets are young and inexperienced, but you wouldn't know that if you watched any of their home games in this round. I don't think they will keep their cool if West hits the ground like that again. I'm not saying that it will cause a bench brawl but I guarantee you at least one man on their team is dumb enough to do something like leave the bench, go at a Spurs player and get a technical foul, etc. That's a whole 'nother angle that can be played in this backpick West plan.

:tu

ChumpDumper
05-18-2008, 03:51 AM
:lol Dude, this is NBAdan's favorite show on the internets.

Seriously, he's always posting their videos. He's a confirmed tyttie.

cornbread
05-18-2008, 04:08 AM
This video has contributed to the further pussification of America.

I have never seen so much crying over a hard pick. Seriously, a pick.

J.T.
05-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Is it me or does the black guy start to say Sporks and then catch his mistake?

"...between the New Orleans Hornets and the San Antonio Spor— Spurs..."

ancestron
05-18-2008, 04:47 AM
How dare Robert Horry play while he's on the court.

Doesn't he know he's not allowed to play?

Doesn't he know that the media hates him, and the Spurs?

Doesn't he know he is supposed to not try at all, and let the other team win?

Who does he think he is out there setting a pick?

My God!! Someone on the precious Hornets team could get hurt!!!

carina_gino20
05-18-2008, 05:42 AM
:lmao Thanks for that. Nothing like stupid idiots to make my day.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2008, 06:01 AM

Wake the fuck up!

He's setting a screen for Manu and West makes the mistake of jumping into it. There is no push, punch or anything else illegal about it. IT WAS A SCREEN.

Now, was it smart on Horry's part knowing that David West's back was sore and setting a hard back pick or two on him might be a good idea? Sure. But that doesn't make Horry a cheapshot artist - it makes him a smart basketball player, which is exactly what he's founded his career on.

People are such wusses these days. Go and watch some Knicks v Bulls from the 90s. That was tough basketball.

smeagol
05-18-2008, 08:04 AM
The two Dallas fans (regulars ST posters) are such fucking pussies.

Grow a pair. It is basketball, a contact sport. People get hit.

And I agree with whottt, lots of backpics for West.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 08:42 AM
I've called the play a good foul when it first happened.

However, I do question Horry's intent in one regard. On a cross court pass, how often does an offensive player pick the guy who's guarding him off the ball. His own defender? On a pass? Off the ball? How often does that happen?

On its face, it doesn't look like a really dirty play. But, the circumstance of why you would pick your own defender in such a situation is a little fishy.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I've called the play a good foul when it first happened.

However, I do question Horry's intent in one regard. On a cross court pass, how often does an offensive player pick the guy who's guarding him off the ball. His own defender? On a pass? Off the ball? How often does that happen?

On its face, it doesn't look like a really dirty play. But, the circumstance of why you would pick your own defender in such a situation is a little fishy.

Horry's pick is set before Manu even jumps. Check out the replay.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Horry's pick is set before Manu even jumps. Check out the replay.

And how often do players on offense randomly pick the person defending them?

That's my only point. I still don't think it's a hard foul in terms of the physicality of it. If David West is healthy enough to play, he has to expect contact.

My question is about Horry's intentions.

completely deck
05-18-2008, 09:00 AM
I think the pick was set so that Manu could pass across the paint to someone, so that when West turns around to defend, he's face to face with Rob.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Sealing David West with a box out like a rebounding situation would easily have had the same effect of not allowing David West to rotate on defense.

You rarely see a full on back pick on the defender that's guarding the player who's setting the pick.

hater
05-18-2008, 09:12 AM
:lmao

what a pussy.

"it was cleanup time"

no it wasn't you dumb motherfucker. :lol all starters were in the game except for Horry

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 09:16 AM
And how often do players on offense randomly pick the person defending them?

That's my only point. I still don't think it's a hard foul in terms of the physicality of it. If David West is healthy enough to play, he has to expect contact.

My question is about Horry's intentions.

West isn't defending Horry. He's looking right at Manu. Horry sets te screen to prevent a West rotation on what he perceives to be a Manu drive. If he's defending Horry how does he get blindsided?

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Sealing David West with a box out like a rebounding situation would easily have had the same effect of not allowing David West to rotate on defense.

You rarely see a full on back pick on the defender that's guarding the player who's setting the pick.

Yeah that makes sense if Horry knows he's going to pass/shoot. But since the pick is set before Manu leaves his feat then he was more than likely expecting a drive. Setting up to box out in that situation would just leave him out of position and unable to pop out for a shot.

Seriously, anyone who thinks this is anything other than routine has probably never played basketball.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 09:19 AM
You know what I mean. West is Horry's man on defense.

You generally set picks on defenders who are the primary defender on the ball, not a secondary or double team defender.

Again, my point is that on its face, the pick is just a good foul. I'm talking about questioning Robert Horry's intentions. Sealing West or even putting a hand on him to slow him down would have the same effect. You don't generally see players set picks in that situation.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah that makes sense if Horry knows he's going to pass/shoot. But since the pick is set before Manu leaves his feat then he was more than likely expecting a drive. Setting up to box out in that situation would just leave him out of position and unable to pop out for a shot.

Seriously, anyone who thinks this is anything other than routine has probably never played basketball.

West is not the primary defender on Manu. Set the pick on the primary defender. Not on the "possible" help defender.

I've played 7 years of organized basketball, coached it. Seriously, look at it objectively.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 09:23 AM
All I know is that West is facing Manu and is in between Manu and Horry, so there is no way he's doing anything but paying defense on Manu. You set screens in that position all the damn time!

Honestly the only reason this is being discussed is because West crumpled down to the floor like a little bitch and because of what Horry did last year. Somehow, if the game had been tied at that point, I really really really doubt West crumples and stays down like that.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 09:25 AM
West is not the primary defender on Manu. Set the pick on the primary defender. Not on the "possible" help defender.

I've played 7 years of organized basketball, coached it. Seriously, look at it objectively.

Dude! Watch the replay! Pargo is outside of Manu and the only thing standing between Manu and the basket is West. Why doesn't it make sense to set a screen on West there?

He's the primary defender once Pargo falls behind.

5ToolMan
05-18-2008, 09:26 AM

What a bucket of crap. Horry's "intent" was to set a "hard" screen. This type of play happens scores of times in any NBA game, and in most well played basketball games of any level.

Almost every past player with a mic has spoken out about the play being a clean, many suggesting a foul should not/would not have been called if not for West flopping in pain. Only little minded twits who don't know the game buy into this crying garbage. If West did not jump, the contact from Horry's screen is not where it caused him pain.

It is a huge laugh at you and the other fools to think you can read Horry's mind to his intent, and more of a laugh that you think Horry could read the mind of both the passer who threw the ball high, and West's mind that he would jump to get a high pass.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Jam, watch the whole play develop again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=igakZNkS9cs

Horry slips a screen and West stays defending Manu. At this point Horry sets up a back screen to free Manu of West but Manu instead of driving ops to past and leaves his feet while West does the same thing. Horry is trying to get Manu to the hole and nothing more.

fatsack
05-18-2008, 09:42 AM
the whole thing has a "Wayne's World" feel to it...

like they shot this in his mother's basement.

5ToolMan
05-18-2008, 09:45 AM
You know what I mean. West is Horry's man on defense.

You generally set picks on defenders who are the primary defender on the ball, not a secondary or double team defender.

Again, my point is that on its face, the pick is just a good foul. I'm talking about questioning Robert Horry's intentions. Sealing West or even putting a hand on him to slow him down would have the same effect. You don't generally see players set picks in that situation.

I don't know if anyone else has handled this, but you have gone on with this BS for a while. With you being a Piston's fan, my first assumption would be that you know the game. But seeing you go defending your absurd position over and over, I must conclude your knowledge of hoops is lacking.

In the Spurs offense, and in fact in any basketball offense that has players capible of getting by their man one on one, this type of screen is set by an interior player on the player guarding him several times a game. It keeps the secondary defender from picking up the player driving the lane. When a player on offense can block out his defender from becomming secondary support, the lane to the hoop for players like Manu and Parker can become wide open as we seen quite often.

It is not the picking man's control if the pick is hard, as that determination will fall on the one running into or avoiding the screen's hand. As long as the screen is set where the offensive player is still in his defensive stance before contact, it is not his fault, or concern if the one running into the pick feels pain. Now STFU and play ball!

picnroll
05-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Man JamStone you are totally missing the boat on this one. Beyond what MannyIsGod has said if you look at Horry he's totally focused on West and doesn't ever see that Manu has elected to throw a pass across court rather than drive until the pass is half way across the court.

Spurminator
05-18-2008, 10:11 AM
:lol Dude, this is NBAdan's favorite show on the internets.

Seriously, he's always posting their videos. He's a confirmed tyttie.

:lol

They cover sports too? When do we get the TYT weather report?

mikeanthony21
05-18-2008, 10:31 AM

I feel like I've just wasted five minutes of my life.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Jam, watch the whole play develop again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=igakZNkS9cs

Horry slips a screen and West stays defending Manu. At this point Horry sets up a back screen to free Manu of West but Manu instead of driving ops to past and leaves his feet while West does the same thing. Horry is trying to get Manu to the hole and nothing more.

I watched the video. And, I see your point to an extent.

You also stated earlier that Horry sets the pick before Manu jumps up to pass the ball. Horry also sets the pick before the point where Pargo could not have recovered from being beat.

It's not a pick on a primary defender.

You can think I'm biased or whatever. I simply stated from jumpstreet that I question Horry's intentions. I'm not saying it's beyond a doubt dirty. I'm simply questioning it.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Fair enough.

still.focused
05-18-2008, 10:46 AM
So you really think Pargo coulda recovered on a driving Ginobili?
If West isnt there Manu scores 19.5 outta 20 times with a quirky layup

hater
05-18-2008, 10:51 AM

That crack you smoked must be some good shit. WHy in the hell would Horry set a pick on Pargo if he was already beaten :lol

Pargo was already beaten which means he is not the primary defender anymore. Which makes West the defender and the pick a very good play by Robert Horry. It was not even a foul.

Shaolin-Style
05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Bad, blind take. Not much more to it.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Easy basketball play. When you're down low on the block and the guy defending you helps to guard a slasher, roll to the basket, get an easy lay-up or dunk.

You rarely if ever see a player pick the person that is guarding him. It's not about Pargo getting beat. It's about how curious it is to set a pick on your defender in that situation when 99% of the time, that is a roll to the basket for a lay-up.

hater
05-18-2008, 11:03 AM
It's about how curious it is to set a pick on your defender in that situation when 99% of the time, that is a roll to the basket for a lay-up.

"curious" things happen in basketball. welcome to the NBA.

for example, that play in 2006 where Manu fouled Dirk when Spurs had 3pt lead. yeah that's curious. Do you think Manu intended it? nope.

you can watch ANY play in basketball and you will always find a few "curious"/unplaned/out of textbook things going on.

hater
05-18-2008, 11:06 AM
btw, watch Oberto very closely in game 7. He does that type of pick when Tony or Manu penetrate very ofted. A pick on the shot blocker, makes perfect sense to me.

spursfan09
05-18-2008, 11:16 AM

o but you would like him on your team

JamStone
05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
"curious" things happen in basketball. welcome to the NBA.

for example, that play in 2006 where Manu fouled Dirk when Spurs had 3pt lead. yeah that's curious. Do you think Manu intended it? nope.

you can watch ANY play in basketball and you will always find a few "curious"/unplaned/out of textbook things going on.

Which is why I merely questioned Horry's intentions, not flat out labeled it a dirty play.

whottt
05-18-2008, 11:55 AM
So what if he did deliberately set the pick, knowing full well West had a bad back?

There's nothing illegal about anything he did on that play.

Fuck giving West special treatment because his back is messed up...the Spurs are supposed to take it easy on this guy because he's got a bad back?

GTFO of here..that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If he taking it easy on us? Are the Hornets? No...they are knocking hte crap out of Tony Parker.

The more the Spurs can get David West thinking about his back the better...

If his back is that bad, he needs to get off the court.

Hopefully the Spurs will let him know on the first play of the game what kind of day and game it is going to be for him if he elects to stay out there...

whottt
05-18-2008, 11:59 AM
What the next great take? Bigger players shouldn't take advantage of shorter players? Quickers players shouldn't take advantage of slower players?

Seriously...the entire premise, the very foundation of this discussion, is a stupid one to begin with and the more it is considered as some sort of issue worth debating the stupider it becomes.

As stupid as the two guys in the video.

Here's to a well conceived game plan by the Spurs in game 7...

*wrench*
*wrench*
*wrench*

Hey Einstein's..maybe basestealers in baseball shouldn't try to run on catchers that can't throw out runners.

Hey you stupid hitters...that pitcher is clearly injured and having a rough night...what kind of thug behaviois are you engaing in by hitting the ball he is throwing up there?

Next time any Hornet drives on poor Brent Barry and his wounded calf, I am going to be aghast at the lack of sportsmanship.

The idea that it's a big deal if Horry knew West had a bad back, that it somehow matters if he knew it or didn't...and has relevance as to whether or not the play was dirty...is stupid.

It wasn't a dirty play....no matter what Horry's intent was, as he is totally within in the rules and object of the game on his play.

That makes it one thing...a good play.

That makes everytime they do it...a good play. West clearly needs to be off the court if it's that big of a deal.

SnakeBoy
05-18-2008, 12:21 PM
you can hate horry all you want, i bet he doesn't fucking give a shit cause he has more championships than the entire Maverick franchise.

I have as many championships as the mavs do. And I didn't even break a sweat matching them.

Ariel
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM
btw, watch Oberto very closely in game 7. He does that type of pick when Tony or Manu penetrate very ofted. A pick on the shot blocker, makes perfect sense to me.
The pick itself is not under scrutiny, it's the combination of Horry's background (consisting of a grand total of ONE questionable play, which is way overblown and now retrospectively granted a much larger significance than it actually had) and West's prior injury followed by his overreaction.

jag
05-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Horry shouldn't have set that pick, especially if he knew West was having problems with with his back. You have to change your game and tailor your game around other players injuries...otherwise it's just not fair, and it's dirty.

Texas_Ranger
05-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow... Those two are idiots!

themvp
05-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Horry shouldn't have set that pick, especially if he knew West was having problems with with his back. You have to change your game and tailor your game around other players injuries...otherwise it's just not fair, and it's dirty.

:lol whatever...

Whottt is right.

themvp
05-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Hey, If other players are injured they shouldn't play. :nope

whottt
05-18-2008, 02:04 PM
You know...the more I think about it...

Hell, the Spurs aready have the dirty label, and they aren't even dirty...

Since the Spurs already have that label, inspite of not being dirty and being of the most sportmanlike teams in the NBA for the better part of 20 years now, shouldn't they just go ahead and actually start reaping the benefits that dirty teams reap from dirty play? Shouldn't they just go ahead and become dirty?

Jamstone, as a fan of the Pistons, the dirtiest team to ever spoil an NBA court, with the dirtiest roster of players ever assembled back in the late 80's...

What are you thoughts?

I definitely consider you to be an expert on both dirty teams and dirty players having rooted for the dirtiest ever...so I am very interested in your thoughts on if the Spurs should just go ahead and become dirty and reap the benefits of dirty play, otherwise known as thugball like your team and players pioneered doing on their way to back to back championships..

Discuss.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 02:16 PM
You know...the more I think about it...

Hell, the Spurs aready have the dirty label, and they aren't even dirty...

Since the Spurs already have that label, inspite of not being dirty and being of the most sportmanlike teams in the NBA for the better part of 20 years now, shouldn't they just go ahead and actually start reaping the benefits that dirty teams reap from dirty play? Shouldn't they just go ahead and become dirty?

Jamstone, as a fan of the Pistons, the dirtiest team to ever spoil an NBA court, with the dirtiest roster of players ever assembled back in the late 80's...

What are you thoughts?

I definitely consider you to be an expert on both dirty teams and dirty players having rooted for the dirtiest ever...so I am very interested in your thoughts on if the Spurs should just go ahead and become dirty and reap the benefits of dirty play, otherwise known as thugball like your team and players pioneered doing on their way to back to back championships..

Discuss.

I think Bruce Bowen does some things that could be considered dirty. I think Robert Horry's foul on Nash last year was dirty. I don't think his foul on David West was dirty. I have questioned what his intentions were, but I don't think the pick was dirty. If David West is going to play with a bad back, then there's a risk that he'll aggravate it. It goes with the territory.

As a whole, I don't think the Spurs are dirty outside of some of the things Bruce does. Ginobili used to flop a lot and does occasionally still, but I don't think that's dirty.

So, no, I don't think the Spurs as a team are dirty. I don't think any of their players aside from Bruce are really capable of being a dirty player. Oberto and Horry have their moments, but not enough for me to consistently label them dirty players.

still.focused
05-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Id like to credit Jamstone for being a fan of a team other than the Spurs
Yet not using it as a reason to straight up bash them upon every opportunity(al Suns and Hornet trolls)
With that being said if the Spurs meet the Pistons in the Finals you will be categorized as the enemy and ur every post will be treated accordingly

ballhog
05-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Where are these guys from!?

Liberal whack-jobs on a Youtube channel of some sort.

Budkin
05-18-2008, 02:29 PM

I'm a liberal "whack-job" who listens to the Young Turks occasionally and they really know their politics. However, they need to stay the fuck away from their Sports analysis because they do indeed make themselves look like douchebags. Stick to the calling out the neocons, and not Robert Horry!

jag
05-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey, If other players are injured they shouldn't play. :nope

haha my comments were made out of sarcasm. West shouldnt get special treatment because he has a sore back, the fact that Horry's pick is even an issue is ridiculous.

They should actually go at West a little bit harder knowing that he's sore/hurt/has a vagina. Exploit the weakness

ballhog
05-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm a liberal "whack-job" who listens to the Young Turks occasionally and they really know their politics. However, they need to stay the fuck away from their Sports analysis because they do indeed make themselves look like douchebags. Stick to the calling out the neocons, and not Robert Horry!

Completely agree.

jag
05-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Id like to credit Jamstone for being a fan of a team other than the Spurs
Yet not using it as a reason to straight up bash them upon every opportunity(al Suns and Hornet trolls)
With that being said if the Spurs meet the Pistons in the Finals you will be categorized as the enemy and ur every post will be treated accordingly

Just so you know, there are many posters of other teams here who bring quality takes. There really arent any bad Pistons posters here as far as i'm concerned, phoenix has a few good ones but most of them don't know basketball for shit. NO is just annoying cause they're all a bunch of playoff virgins, and other than Findog the mavs fans here are annoying.

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Horry's pick was no different than somebody near the post picking a defender so somebody like Bruce can take an open 3 from the baseline.

- Mars

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM

truth. i watched some of their other videos, idiots.

- Mars

Sigz
05-18-2008, 03:22 PM
"Boom he takes a shot at his back."

whottt
05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I think Bruce Bowen does some things that could be considered dirty. I think Robert Horry's foul on Nash last year was dirty. I don't think his foul on David West was dirty. I have questioned what his intentions were, but I don't think the pick was dirty. If David West is going to play with a bad back, then there's a risk that he'll aggravate it. It goes with the territory.

As a whole, I don't think the Spurs are dirty outside of some of the things Bruce does. Ginobili used to flop a lot and does occasionally still, but I don't think that's dirty.

So, no, I don't think the Spurs as a team are dirty. I don't think any of their players aside from Bruce are really capable of being a dirty player. Oberto and Horry have their moments, but not enough for me to consistently label them dirty players.

That's great but I wasn't asking you if you thought the Spurs were dirty...I was asking you if you thought the Spurs should actually become dirty. I just wanted you to tell us if it's worth...being a fan of a dirty team winning a championship.

Was it worth it?

Especially if your team is already carrying that label(at least among stupid people)?

smeagol
05-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Whottt is right.

When it comes to basketball, most often than not, he is.

theroc5
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM
bowen does skirt the line with the rules, but he's only been suspended once.

- Mars

vaughn has more rings than the entire maverick franchise

mouse
05-18-2008, 04:12 PM
You Hanna Montana homos are some of the most Bias asshats on the www.
If that was David Robinson on the court and it was Karl Malone who put him there those two guys on Youtube would be Gods!

jag
05-18-2008, 04:15 PM
If that was David Robinson on the court and it was Karl Malone who put him there those two guys on Youtube would be Gods!

:lmao you really are bored today arent you?

jag
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM

And just so you know...if you are going to insult an entire group of people you might want to learn when to use "bias" and "biased".

mouse
05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
And just so you know...if you are going to insult an entire group of people you might want to learn when to use "bias" and "biased".

This must be a proud moment for you to correct someone's spelling on the www.

Look here Akeelah, when you was inside your double wide trailer studying for the next spelling Bee I was out having sex with your future prom date so stick that spell check icon up your Office Max ass!

jag
05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
This must be a proud moment for you to correct someone's spelling on the www.

It's not that you don't know how to spell the word correctly, it's that you don't know how to use the word correctly. I just didn't want you to continue posting in your pathetic state of ignorance, and if you'd like me to check your spelling i can do that as well...

Look here Akeelah, when you was inside your double wide trailer studying for the next spelling Bee I was out having sex with your future prom date so stick that spell check icon up your Office Max ass!

:huh

:corn:

mouse
05-18-2008, 05:33 PM
It's not that you don't know how to spell the word correctly, it's that you don't know how to use the word correctly. I just didn't want you to continue posting in your pathetic state of ignorance, and if you'd like me to check your spelling i can do that as well...

:corn:

Can you at least change into your Dr. Phil screen name before you judge me? :tu

mavs>spurs2
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey mouse come help me own the worlds whiniest spur fan in this thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95612

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey mouse come help me own the worlds whiniest spur fan in this thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95612

does the mavs troll need help owning MaNuMaNiAc? :depressed:depressed:depressed

- Mars

mavs>spurs2
05-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I was actually talking about Cry Havoc, the irony in his name cracks me up

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I was actually talking about Cry Havoc, the irony in his name cracks me up

that doesn't make any sense since you're going back and forth with MaNuMaNiAc in that thread. but w/e.

- Mars

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I dont' normally condone violence, but some people need to get their ass kicked.

That guy's one of them.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I can't wait to hear the boos in Nuevo Orleans.

"Don't celebrate it" Vince Vaughn, Old School

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 08:16 AM
I dont' normally condone violence, but some people need to get their ass kicked.

That guy's one of them.

Not as much as you. You little PUSSY. Wishing our players get hurt so you have a chance to win...by the way. David West listed as %100 for the game tonight.

JamStone
05-19-2008, 04:25 PM
That's great but I wasn't asking you if you thought the Spurs were dirty...I was asking you if you thought the Spurs should actually become dirty. I just wanted you to tell us if it's worth...being a fan of a dirty team winning a championship.

Was it worth it?

Especially if your team is already carrying that label(at least among stupid people)?

My mistake. I misread part of your post.

To answer your question, no I don't think the Spurs should play dirty (as a team) just because they carry that label with some fans or even some of the media. It's really only Bowen and Horry who get that label, not the Spurs as a team. Should some of the Spurs players do some dirty things to help their team win? Sure, but that's arguably happened already. As a whole, as a team, I don't think playing dirty helps.

The Spurs have won without playing dirty. Why should they start doing it now?

As for the Bad Boy Pistons. I didn't cheer them on because they were dirty. I cheered them on because they won. I didn't mind that they were dirty because they won. If they were dirty and the team sucked, I would have been very critical of them playing dirty because it didn't help them win.

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
irony

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

JamStone
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Inconceivable.

DarrinS
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
The hit on Nash may have been a bit cheap.

The "hit" on David West was a non-event.

/end of thread