PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets....Weren't We Suppose To Have Gotten These?

davi78239
05-18-2008, 01:01 AM
I remember reading a while back that we were suppose to be getting these grocery formats of walmart in san antonio eventually. They've long had these around the country including Houston, Dallas, and even a couple in El Paso. Does anyone know if we'll ever get these in town like they said and if you're from another city and post on here and you do have one what are these like?

midgetonadonkey
05-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Fuck Wal-Mart. We are getting an HEB Plus here in my neighborhood, and it will own Wal-Mart.

mrsmaalox
05-18-2008, 01:56 AM
There's a Walmart Express near my brother's house in El Paso. They use it all the time and say it's very convenient. But I like HEB much better.

PM5K
05-18-2008, 02:43 AM
If they made a grocery only Walmart they would be more directly competing with HEB, and everyone knows HEB runs this town...

j-6
05-18-2008, 08:11 AM
You aren't missing much, guys. It's just like the supermarket and pharmacy sections of a typical Wal Mart were lopped off and put in their own building. We have one about a mile away that I may have been to five times in four years. That place is actually kinda inconvienent because there's no Central Market / Whole Foods element (which we foolishly hoped for the first time we went there) and the variety is better at a typical grocery store.

Morbidly obese people driving those motorized carts with a basket full of Little Debbie's and Dr. Thunder choose to shop there too, so the branding works.

curtismedellin
05-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Fuck Wal-Mart. We are getting an HEB Plus here in my neighborhood, and it will own Wal-Mart.

Is that the McCreeless market one? My dad lives in that neighborhood, looks like that whole strip center will help upgrade the area.