PDA

View Full Version : Finally Going To Six Flags Arlington

yomama21
05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Next weekend for the holiday and it will be my very first time there. For those who have been, is it a lot bigger than the one here in town? What kinda coasters and rides do they have and is the park nice?

dallaskd
05-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Its alot better than Fiesta Texas. and probably bigger. check out the rangers while your there and hit up the cowboys new stadium.

mavs>spurs2
05-18-2008, 02:18 PM
It's alright, but living in Arlington growing up I went there until it became lame. The first 100 times it's pretty cool though.

Avitus1
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Haven't been there in forever it was fun though the last time I went. Probably the best theme park in the state.

dallaskd
05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
It's alright, but living in Arlington growing up I went there until it became lame. The first 100 times it's pretty cool though.

yeah stopped going until they put the titan in. and i havnt been in i think 2 years

stretch
05-19-2008, 08:17 AM
its cool. i heard they have another new ride or two this year as well.

JoeChalupa
05-19-2008, 08:37 AM
We'll be going there in June as part of our vacation at Lake Palestine. Haven't been there in 2 years.

G-Nob
05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Its fun if they have everything open. Money and cutbacks have left some rides closed. Last summer I went and the coolest rides were the batman ride and the superman ride. I love the indoor coaster they have and the titan, of course is fun.

S_A_Longhorn
05-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Best place in Texas for coasters, not that there is much competition. The classics like Judge Roy Scream and Texas Giant, one of the best rated wooden coasters. The Titan will literally take your breath away, and the coaster in the dark is cool. The park has fully grown trees so you get plenty of shade compared to Fiesta Texas.

in short, Fiesta Texas gets copycat coasters, like the recent Goliath. Six Flags Over Texas gets original coasters like the Texas Giant (although the Titan is a copy of Goliath in SF Magic Mountain).

Holmes_Fans
05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/rides/TonyHawksBigSpin.aspx

Tony Hawk's Big Spin is the new ride in arlington, it's at some of the other parks to so it must be good