PDA

View Full Version : Chandler's pick on Tony in Game 5 more dangerous than Horry's pick!!!

Manu_Ginobili
05-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I found a clip of the Chandler's pick on Tony in Game 5: It's at the 8:03 minute mark. You can see Chandler moves to get up behind Tony as he leans into Tony and then hits him hard!!! When Tony is on the floor Tyson kicks Tony's leg away as well!!! WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?WHY NOBODY TALKED ABOUT THIS??? WHY there was no suspension in game 6??? This was far MORE dangerous than Horry's LEGAL pick on West!!! look at the video - it's hard to tell whether The Hornets fans' BOOs are on the call of a foul on Chandler OR were the BOOING Tony the same way West was boo-ed at the att center??? Chandler got a free pass here - It's just a hard foul, RIGHT??? Once again a double standard with the media on the same type of call with Horry!!! You can replay the hit by moving the red dot back on the time line bar around the 8 minute mark and see it for yourselves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh6IBQO6M3s

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!! GO TONY!!!

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 04:18 PM
nice find

- Mars

still.focused
05-18-2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.mnwxchaser.com/beating-a-dead-horse.gif
http://beatdeadhorse.ytmnd.com/

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah, the exact same fucking play, but its Horry the one that's dirty... NO fans just got fucking owned

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.mnwxchaser.com/beating-a-dead-horse.gif
http://beatdeadhorse.ytmnd.com/

great use of ytmnd my friend.

http://epicspam.ytmnd.com/

- Mars

Kori Ellis
05-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah that pick on Tony was hard. Pop mentioned in interviews that it was exponentially harder than the Horry play. However, I blame Tony's teammates not calling out that pick :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah that pick on Tony was hard. Pop mentioned in interviews that it was exponentially harder than the Horry play. However, I blame Tony's teammates not calling out that pick :lol

It was a hard pick, nothing more. What Chandler did was well within the rules and you're right, Tony should have warned by his teammates. The issue here is the Hornet's team and fans' hypocrisy towards Horry's foul when they didn't give a shit about Tyson doing it to Tony.

picnroll
05-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Not to mention Peterson leaning to the left into Thomas and flopping to pick up the charge immediately preceding Parker getting leveled

MaNuMaNiAc
Here it is embedded

dh6IBQO6M3s

Manu_Ginobili

Well, yes, we want the TRUTH, right? here it is - PURE and CLEAR...I hope we beat those guys in game 7:

D West and his pinched nerve: Look this up below -
"The nerves heal from the top down, and depending on how much damage is done at the time the nerve becomes impinged (pinched), it may take weeks to months for the nerve to fully to heal."

So WHY WEST was playing in Game 6??? IT WAS a STUPID move by B Scott to say the least:

http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/healing-a-pinched-nerve.html

There is NO WAY West will be 100% on Monday - the Spurs need to cover hard others, including Peja and Paul - first and foremost...West injured this in game 5 by going for 38 pts...DON'T BLAME THE SPURS!!!

In the prof. SPORT, no matter what you play, is ROUGH - you would take hits, if you are on COURT - if you are NOT 100%, then your coach MUST save you for Game 7...The same way Pop did with Manu in the end of the regular season by saving him for the Playoffs,

CONCLUSION: Don't blame Horry, Pop, and the Spurs! Blame yourselves by putting your all-star in this situation!!!

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!!

jag
05-18-2008, 04:32 PM
It was a hard pick, nothing more. What Chandler did was well within the rules and you're right, Tony should have warned by his teammates.

Exactly, there's no conspiracy, there's no dirty play, just a hard pick.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2008, 04:44 PM
where are all the Hornet fans now?

mavsfan1000
05-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Parker went full speed into Chandler. West didn't go full speed into Horry. Fuck Horry.

manufor3
05-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I found a clip of the Chandler's pick on Tony in Game 5: It's at the 8:03 minute mark. You can see Chandler moves to get up behind Tony as he leans into Tony and then hits him hard!!! When Tony is on the floor Tyson kicks Tony's leg away as well!!! WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?WHY NOBODY TALKED ABOUT THIS??? WHY there was no suspension in game 6??? This was far MORE dangerous than Horry's LEGAL pick on West!!! look at the video - it's hard to tell whether The Hornets fans' BOOs are on the call of a foul on Chandler OR were the BOOING Tony the same way West was boo-ed at the att center??? Chandler got a free pass here - It's just a hard foul, RIGHT??? Once again a double standard with the media on the same type of call with Horry!!! You can replay the hit by moving the red dot back on the time line bar around the 8 minute mark and see it for yourselves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh6IBQO6M3s

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!! GO TONY!!!

dh6IBQO6M3s

there's the vid

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Parker went full speed into Chandler. West didn't go full speed into Horry. Fuck Horry.

In other words, it would be more reasonable to expect Tony to get injured than West. If Tony was going faster than West why the fuck did Tyson throw the same pick at him than Horry did to West? and why the fuck didn't the Hornet homers say anything about it?

You don't have to answer, we all know why!

manufor3
05-18-2008, 05:15 PM
here's the horry-west foul

igakZNkS9cs

Phil Hellmuth
05-18-2008, 05:19 PM
that looked nasty and probably couldve been worse, good thing chandler is bony and not muscle man on his legs.

Duncan shouldve yelled BACK PICK too, but tony was going pretty fast.

still.focused
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I own that hat

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 05:50 PM

so the fact that parker went FULL SPEED in Chandler, thus causing him more pain, makes it right? :lol:lol:lol

keep crying plz :cry :cry :cry

- Mars

smeagol
05-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Keep digging yourself into a hole, MavsFan

ducks
05-18-2008, 06:05 PM
nice way to go show your support for tp
spurs
finally pop said something after game 6 because of what horry did

Emanuel20
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
nice way to go show your support for tp
spurs
finally pop said something after game 6 because of what horry did

Tony has gotten the worst of these playoffs. He has been hit so much in his head, legs, and everywhere. Lol, he has been a warrior and with his knee injury. He has amazed me!

Go Spurs Go!

Manu_Ginobili
05-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Tony has gotten the worst of these playoffs. He has been hit so much in his head, legs, and everywhere. Lol, he has been a warrior and with his knee injury. He has amazed me!

Go Spurs Go!

yes

ballhog
05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Neither one looked that bad. Tony likes the theatrics.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2008, 09:55 PM

Are you Mavs fans attempting to regain the complete lack of logic throne from Phoenix? :wakeup

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2008, 09:58 PM
West had a bad back so robert should have moved out of the way like a gentleman

K-State Spur
05-18-2008, 10:16 PM

so, the speed of the player being picked is what determines whether it is dirty or not?

and the picked player going faster makes it less dirty?

great logic.

reck21
05-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Wow that was fucking gay.

LANATIVE
05-19-2008, 10:20 AM
I personally don't find either one to be wrong. I don't think a foul should have been called on either. I do think that the spurs fans that chanted Horry when a player is hurt are classless fans. This is just a basketball game.

CP3-MVP
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Spurs fans are amazing.

Seriously.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Here it is embedded

dh6IBQO6M3s

Even the announcers say this should have been called on PARKER. You guys are grasping at straws. He was clearly standing still. This is another horrible call on the refs. Should have been on Parker. Idiots!

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2008, 11:00 AM
When Tony is on the floor Tyson kicks Tony's leg away as well!!! WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?

i'm over it, but what about when west "trips" over him while he's down? "modeled after tim duncan" my ass.

stepmonkey
05-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Even the announcers say this should have been called on PARKER. You guys are grasping at straws. He was clearly standing still. This is another horrible call on the refs. Should have been on Parker. Idiots!

The whole point of this thread is that Horry is getting vilified because he did the exact same thing Chandler did earlier in the series. Are you saying that Chandler's pick was clean but Horry's was a dirty shot? If so, you're the idiot here.

NoMoneyDown
05-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Chandler kicks Tony's leg, too, afterward (to add emphasis?) and he (or another Hornet's player) kicks him as the walk over/past him. F*ck NO.

CubanMustGo
05-19-2008, 11:09 AM

Announcers also said Horry's back pick on West was perfectly legit, so I'm expecting an apology from NO fans who keep calling out Horry.

Manu_Ginobili
05-19-2008, 11:10 AM
i'm over it, but what about when west "trips" over him while he's down? "modeled after tim duncan" my ass.

i AGREE, it was bad...BUT, the NO Hornets fans don't take it...read above...

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I mentioned this in a few other threads...I've yet to see a NO fan actually rationalize why Chandler kicks Tony after he levels him either. They seem to conveniently let that part of it slip thru the cracks, talk about hypocrites...

Manu_Ginobili
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM

Yea right!!! THE IDIOT IS ONLY YOU!!! DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN EYES to look at the Play in 'slow motion'??? IDENTICAL HITS - Horry and Chandler; plus Chandler kicked Tony in the end of the play and West tried to step over him...WATCH!!!

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Announcers also said Horry's back pick on West was perfectly legit, so I'm expecting an apology from NO fans who keep calling out Horry.

It is funny to see how defensive and bias some of you guys are. Horry's foul was't a flagrant, it wasn't West Fault. It was a silly, unnecessary foul that is suspect b/c of Horry's past.

pawe
05-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Toilet bug fans booing the spurs non stop. I guess NO must really hate greatness huh.

- These people just doesnt get it. he was already hurting even before the hit. Unfortunately for him, this was a set up play by the Spurs and of course, no one knew a blind pick was coming. Blame the Spurs' coaching staff because that was a nice play to get the ball on the inside.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Yea right!!! THE IDIOT IS ONLY YOU!!! DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN EYES to look at the Play in 'slow motion'??? IDENTICAL HITS - Horry and Chandler; plus Chandler kicked Tony in the end of the play and West tried to step over him...WATCH!!!

I watched. What the FUCK are you talking about you conspiracy theorist Bitch. All I see is more straw grasping. Shitty fans like you don't deserve the team you have. You are a Pussy cry baby bitch!

CubanMustGo
05-19-2008, 11:31 AM
It is funny to see how defensive and bias some of you guys are. Horry's foul was't a flagrant, it wasn't West Fault. It was a silly, unnecessary foul that is suspect b/c of Horry's past.

If asking for equal treatment based on what announcers said in two instances is 'biased', I suggest you get your dictionary out again. You can't have it both ways, moron.

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 11:33 AM

That's EXACTLY what most of the Spurs fans are saying.

It is homeristic NO fans and many Dallas fans (aka, blind Spurs haters) stating that it was a dirty play by Horry. Most Spurs fans think both were just good hard basketball. The only question is, is why is Horry's pick considered dirty and Chandler's just an example of good basketball, when Chandler's was a much harder pick and involved him kicking Parker's leg away afterwards? That's the point of this thread. We're not calling Chandler dirty, we're just annoyed that our players are being needlessly vilified.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Ya'll have to be about 15 years old, lol.

Everyone who's ever watched basketball knows that the Tyson Chandler play was legal. He was standing perfectly still for about a half hour as Tony Parker ran full speed into him. That's Duncan's fault, and Tony Parker will say the same.

Now was the Horry play a cheap shot? Who really knows? We'll never know. All I know is the same guy who took a cheap shot last year is the same guy who dishes out one of the only shots to a back we've seen in the whole series. And it happens to be right in the back of a stationary, jumping all-star who just hurt his back the game before. Maybe it was coincidence, but there's not a person on this board that knows one way or another.

And finally, one of the only things worse than cheering while a guy is on the ground, and then chanting the guys name who took the cheap? shot is actually substantiating it. If you're saying we have some bad fans, and it was embarassing, but not all cheered, THAT I could understand. But if you are trying to defend what actually happen, then I'm sure you are one of those fans that cheered. That is disgusting in every sport, one of the worst things I have seen in all my years of watchig sports, even when Philly fans cheered while Irvin went down, they didn't chant the name of the guy who put the hit on him after he was carted off. I can't believe people would defend that.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
That's EXACTLY what most of the Spurs fans are saying.

It is homeristic NO fans and many Dallas fans (aka, blind Spurs haters) stating that it was a dirty play by Horry. Most Spurs fans think both were just good hard basketball. The only question is, is why is Horry's pick considered dirty and Chandler's just an example of good basketball, when Chandler's was a much harder pick and involved him kicking Parker's leg away afterwards? That's the point of this thread. We're not calling Chandler dirty, we're just annoyed that our players are being needlessly vilified.

2 reasons, and I am not saying they justify anything...just my opinion.

1. West was hurt, it is more dramatic when someone has to leave the game.
2. The cheap shot last year on Nash. Makes an old Horry look suspect.

NoMoneyDown
05-19-2008, 11:49 AM

Everyone who's ever watched basketball knows that the Tyson Chandler play was legal.

I don't think the majority of people here feel Chandler's pick was illegal anymore than Horry's. However, Horry didn't kick West's leg afterward or give him a nudge while he's walking over him while he's down. It's also interesting that West's injury came at a time when NO's was already down and he seemed perfectly fine the next day. Good acting job, perhaps?

sandman
05-19-2008, 11:54 AM

One controversial hard foul over a career that spanned 15 years and seven championships is what defines a "past"? :rolleyes

Unless, of course, you care to document the other incidents that have created this so-called "past"...

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't think the majority of people here feel Chandler's pick was illegal anymore than Horry's. However, Horry didn't kick West's leg afterward or give him a nudge while he's walking over him while he's down. It's also interesting that West's injury came at a time when NO's was already down and he seemed perfectly fine the next day. Good acting job, perhaps?

Acting Job all the way to the hospital? That would top even a Manu or Parker Flop. No, that is one thing we could take some notes on from y'all and use in the next round (or next year, I am not forecasting).

sandman
05-19-2008, 11:57 AM

See: Vince Carter

Couple of quick fouls. Check
Technical. Check
Score gets away from you. Check
Don't want to play for the rest of the game. Check
Get hurt. Check

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
One controversial hard foul over a career that spanned 15 years and seven championships is what defines a "past"? :rolleyes

Unless, of course, you care to document the other incidents that have created this so-called "past"...

Don't paraphrase me BITCH. You no exactly what I'm talking about. Discrediting someone is a admittance of guilt.

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 12:00 PM
LOL...all these NO fans are defending the pick itself but not one of them mentions anything about Chandler's kick afterwards...very typical...

sandman
05-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Acting Job all the way to the hospital? That would top even a Manu or Parker Flop. No, that is one thing we could take some notes on from y'all and use in the next round (or next year, I am not forecasting).

Yet he was at the next practice Saturday morning with all of the other players...

NoMoneyDown
05-19-2008, 12:02 PM
LOL...all these NO fans are defending the pick itself but not one of them mentions anything about Chandler's kick afterwards...very typical...

Exactly. Because doing so would be a tremendous blow to their already weak position.

sandman
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Don't paraphrase me BITCH. You no exactly what I'm talking about. Discrediting someone is a admittance of guilt.

Actually, I didn't paraphrase you. I quoted you directly. You stated that he has a past. I asked you to document that past beyond a single incident.

Clearly you can't as you resorted to petty name-calling.

Stay classy.

sagrzmnky
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Here is my opinion. West was injured in game five and everyone knows it. For Scott to play him in game six was a dumbass move. they are desperate for the championship. Either West is faking, or they are perfectly fine with taking the chance of West's whole basketball career on the line to win the trophy. A back injury is not something you want to take lightly. West said in an interview that he is 100% ready to go for game 7 when he had to be carried off and couldn't stand in game 6. Either he is drugged up and risking his career or he was faking in game 6. Anyone that has had a serious back injury knows that you are not 100% a couple of days later. If he is really injured, then I blame Scott. he is the coach and should know better.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Actually, I didn't paraphrase you. I quoted you directly. You stated that he has a past. I asked you to document that past beyond a single incident.

Clearly you can't as you resorted to petty name-calling.

Stay classy.

Admittance of guilt!!
You continue.

JPB
05-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Everyone who's ever watched basketball knows that the Tyson Chandler play was legal. He was standing perfectly still for about a half hour as Tony Parker ran full speed into him. That's Duncan's fault, and Tony Parker will say the same.

Now was the Horry play a cheap shot? Who really knows? We'll never know. All I know is the same guy who took a cheap shot last year is the same guy who dishes out one of the only shots to a back we've seen in the whole series. And it happens to be right in the back of a stationary, jumping all-star who just hurt his back the game before. Maybe it was coincidence, but there's not a person on this board that knows one way or another.

Chandler also knew what he was doing. As you said he had plenty of time to analyse the situation.

He knew it was Parker and if,yes, that play was legal, he made just what it needed for Parker to took it hard.

There's no difference between the 2 plays from that point of view.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Here is my opinion. West was injured in game five and everyone knows it. For Scott to play him in game six was a dumbass move. they are desperate for the championship. Either West is faking, or they are perfectly fine with taking the chance of West's whole basketball career on the line to win the trophy. A back injury is not something you want to take lightly. West said in an interview that he is 100% ready to go for game 7 when he had to be carried off and couldn't stand in game 6. Either he is drugged up and risking his career or he was faking in game 6. Anyone that has had a serious back injury knows that you are not 100% a couple of days later. If he is really injured, then I blame Scott. he is the coach and should know better.

This is the most asinine statement. It is back spasms Dr. McStupid. There is no career ending injury here. No bulging disk or spinal problem. Just pain. You are an Idiot.

sandman
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Admittance of guilt!!
You continue.

And what exactly did I admit to?

The hard foul on Nash is part of his past, as in, it happened at some at some point in the past.

You are attempting to (poorly) insinuate that Horry has a 'past', as in, a pattern of repeated behavior that defines the character or actions of an individual.

Most people outside of PHX (and now NOLA it seems) recognize Horry as one of the best clutch outside shooting big men of his generation who won 7 rings with three different teams.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
2 reasons, and I am not saying they justify anything...just my opinion.

1. West was hurt, it is more dramatic when someone has to leave the game.
2. The cheap shot last year on Nash. Makes an old Horry look suspect.

Here ya go...

NoMoneyDown
05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
This is the most asinine statement. It is back spasms Dr. McStupid. There is no career ending injury here. No bulging disk or spinal problem. Just pain. You are an Idiot.

Back spasms? He lay on the ground in utter pain and had to be helped to the locker room due to back spasms? He is rushed to the hospital due to back spasms? And then he shows no signs of the "injury" 1-2 days later? Now that's asinine.

sandman
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM

Yet you state he had to go to the hospital for said back spasms, insinuating that the injury is much more severe than it really is. Going to the hospital on Thursday night and practicing on Saturday morning are not consistent with the level of injury to which the Hornet fans are taking offense.

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Admittance of guilt!!
You continue.

Continue owning you, you mean. The best retort you've come up with is to call him names to this point. Bravo for that.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Back spasms? He lay on the ground in utter pain and had to be helped to the locker room due to back spasms? He is rushed to the hospital due to back spasms? And then he shows no signs of the "injury" 1-2 days later? Now that's asinine.

BACK SPASMS IDIOT!

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Here ya go...

Again, he's that hurt, why is he playing with his team down 21? Utterly pointless. The pick Horry set wasn't even that hard, and if West hadn't jumped, he probably wouldn't have even noticed it.

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Still no comment from NOLA about the Chandler kick afterward, it's like it never happened to them...LOL

NoMoneyDown
05-19-2008, 12:19 PM
BACK SPASMS IDIOT!

LMAO! Keep digging your hole ...

BTW, still no comment about Chandler's kick and the other Hornet player walking over Tony on that "legitimate" pick by Chandler.

sandman
05-19-2008, 12:19 PM
BACK SPASMS IDIOT!

So then why are you taking offense to the play if it was simply back spasms and he will play good as new in Game 7?

Horry got the foul. West was able to leave the game in which he was playing poorly and have a good quit excuse. Everyone wins...

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Yet you state he had to go to the hospital for said back spasms, insinuating that the injury is much more severe than it really is. Going to the hospital on Thursday night and practicing on Saturday morning are not consistent with the level of injury to which the Hornet fans are taking offense.

Back spasms=x-ray and 30 minutes on a tens unit. If X-rays are negative (which they were), you treat with hot tub, Massage, and tens unit therapy.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
So then why are you taking offense to the play if it was simply back spasms and he will play good as new in Game 7?

Horry got the foul. West was able to leave the game in which he was playing poorly and have a good quit excuse. Everyone wins...

Where the fuck did I take offense? I said it was not flagrant and not dirty. What the fuck are you talking about dumb ass?

sandman
05-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Back spasms=x-ray and 30 minutes on a tens unit. If X-rays are negative (which they were), you treat with hot tub, Massage, and tens unit therapy.

So then we have known since Friday that his going to the hospital Thursday night was no big deal.

Yet, you bring it up here on Monday in an OMG moment like it was the freaking Life Flight.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:23 PM
LMAO! Keep digging your hole ...

BTW, still no comment about Chandler's kick and the other Hornet player walking over Tony on that "legitimate" pick by Chandler.

Read again dumb ass. Go back and read my quote on the 'kick'.

KillerBee
05-19-2008, 12:24 PM
So then we have known since Friday that his going to the hospital Thursday night was no big deal.

Yet, you bring it up here on Monday in an OMG moment like it was the freaking Life Flight.

Quote me.

sandman
Where the fuck did I take offense? I said it was not flagrant and not dirty. What the fuck are you talking about dumb ass?

First, are you capable of having an adult conversation that doesn't require poseur cussing?

Second, if it wasn't flagrant and it wasn't dirty, then why are continuing to post in this thread about Horry, his past and and his suspect intent on the play?

Red Hawk #21
Hornets trolls are hypocrites, that Chandler pick was fucked up.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM

Because there was no kick afterwards. Ya'll actually posted the video yourselves. Parker has both feet around Tyson's foot when he walks away, and he pulls his foot away. No part of that video showed anything that resembled a kick. Are none of the semi-intelligent Spurs fans in this thread?

And West was faking? Ya'll are pathetic.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Hornets trolls are hypocrites, that Chandler pick was fucked up.

Are you lacking friends so badly that you kiss up to Spurs fans? It's pretty funny.

NoMoneyDown
05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Because there was no kick afterwards. Ya'll actually posted the video yourselves. Parker has both feet around Tyson's foot when he walks away, and he pulls his foot away. No part of that video showed anything that resembled a kick. Are none of the semi-intelligent Spurs fans in this thread?

:lmao

Riiiiiggggghhhhhht

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM

:lol

If you really believe that Chandler just "pulled his foot away", you are more bias than I thought. I find it easier to understand now why you guys would think Horry's back pick was malicious but this play is perfectly fine. You guys only see what you wanna see I suppose...Also, are you going to say no one stepped over Parker while he was down as well?

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Can you imagine if Horry had "pulled his foot away" while West was down in the same fashion? There would be an ejection and suspensions handed down the next day...

degenerate_gambler
05-19-2008, 01:38 PM
here's the horry-west foul

igakZNkS9cs

faker...he's not hurt, never was.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM

If you really believe that Chandler just "pulled his foot away", you are more bias than I thought. I find it easier to understand now why you guys would think Horry's back pick was malicious but this play is perfectly fine. You guys only see what you wanna see I suppose...Also, are you going to say no one stepped over Parker while he was down as well?

Where did he kick him again? I forget.

JamStone
05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
What's the big deal?

Both were fouls. Both were called.

And, Tyson Chandler did not kick Tony's leg away. Their feet got tangled. At least try to be objective.

sagrzmnky
05-19-2008, 02:28 PM

I stand corrected. I am assuming from this statement that you have seen those x-ray's. If I would have known that you were on the Hornet's medical staff, then I would not have made that statement. Although I have to say, for a professional on the Hornets staff, such as yourself, you sure do have a serious defensive attitude. Just from reading your posts, you can't seem to have a normal human conversation without calling people names. I do not believe that I have been rude to anyone in this website or any other, which is more that I can say for you. Try calming down and stating facts to back your argument rather than resorting to name calling. That only seems to show your childish I.Q. :nope

dogzofwar
05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Both were hard plays but neither were fouls...and I seriously doubt Chandler was actually kicking Parker...looks like they got tangled to me.

Now having said that, I guarantee that both Chandler and Horry were licking their chops when they saw what was coming their way. C got to take a legitimate hit against one of our top players and Horry gets to pay back by laying some wood on theirs.

This is playoff basketball..stfu...take the hit...and play on.

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
What's the big deal?

And, Tyson Chandler did not kick Tony's leg away. Their feet got tangled. At least try to be objective.

It's hard to be when we have NO homers saying Horry's foul was malicious and intentional...it was just a back pick on an injured player that should not have been out there in the first place. Objectivity works both ways, if only NOLA fans could see that...

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Where did he kick him again? I forget.

What did Horry do wrong again...I forget...

sagrzmnky
05-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Both were hard plays but neither were fouls...and I seriously doubt Chandler was actually kicking Parker...looks like they got tangled to me.

Now having said that, I guarantee that both Chandler and Horry were licking their chops when they saw what was coming their way. C got to take a legitimate hit against one of our top players and Horry gets to pay back by laying some wood on theirs.

Horry gets to pay back by standing in one spot with his arms and hands tucked in? Is this the first time this has been done? Am I missing something here? I thought that was a standard by the book pick. Would it have been a different outcome if it was Oberto instead of Horry? Maybe I saw the wrong game.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 02:59 PM
What did Horry do wrong again...I forget...

You see, this is one of a thousand examples why it's impossible to have an actual conversation. I think I've been very clear on my view on all subjects involved. Ya'll have thrown out numerous completely BS replies, basically with no substance whatsoever.

You now admit to the fact that Tyson never did anything like kicking Parker, yet go right on making up more.

Here it is again for you to understand. Tyson's pick was completely legal, everyone knows that on both sides(except for some on this thread it appears).

No one has any idea what Horry's intentions were behind that play. It looks very questionable for a lot of reasons. Even Spurs fans can't say that he didn't do it intentionally, but he may have had good intentions as well.

The fans cheering West on the ground, and chanting Horry's name afterwards was one of the saddest and lowest things I've seen from fans of any sport in any city. Many on this thread appear to fit in that same group. Congrats.

Anything else I need to clear up?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
What's the big deal?

The only dumb asses not being objective here are these NO fucks that refuse to acknowledge that both Chandler's foul and Horry's foul are completely fucking identical. Both hard fouls, but nothing more. The "Chandler kicked Tony afterwards" bullshit is just that, bullshit. They got tangled up, nothing more.

:lmao @ Hornet fans calling us cry babies. Who the fuck has been crying bloody murder since game 6 you pathetic hypocrites!? That's right, YOU!

Shit Hornet fans have proven to be the most idiotic fucking homers we've ever had the displeasure of receiving in the forum, and that's counting the Suns trolls. Think about that...

sagrzmnky
05-19-2008, 03:15 PM
You see, this is one of a thousand examples why it's impossible to have an actual conversation. I think I've been very clear on my view on all subjects involved. Ya'll have thrown out numerous completely BS replies, basically with no substance whatsoever.

You now admit to the fact that Tyson never did anything like kicking Parker, yet go right on making up more.

Here it is again for you to understand. Tyson's pick was completely legal, everyone knows that on both sides(except for some on this thread it appears).

No one has any idea what Horry's intentions were behind that play. It looks very questionable for a lot of reasons. Even Spurs fans can't say that he didn't do it intentionally, but he may have had good intentions as well.

The fans cheering West on the ground, and chanting Horry's name afterwards was one of the saddest and lowest things I've seen from fans of any sport in any city. Many on this thread appear to fit in that same group. Congrats.

I don't believe Tyson's pick was intended to turn out the way it did and it looked like their feet got tangled. I am a Spurs fan and I CAN say the Horry intentionally picked West, but did not mean for him to go down with a back injury. Neither outcome was intended or predicted. It just happened.
I do not agree with fans cheering Horry's name after the incident, nor do I agree with the Hornets fans booing every time the Spurs had the ball, but fans on both sides are very passionate and you cannot fault them for that. Spurs have been hated on every court in the country in one way or another for quite a few years. Many jealous people believe that they shouldn't be where they are. I say don't criticize them, but learn from them. They have what you want. :flag:

cornbread
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM

I agree. I'm tired of all this "questioning the intention of a pick" crap. Seriously, it's a freaking pick.

If you're so injured that you can't even handle a pick then don't play.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2008, 03:26 PM

This is priceless. First Hornet fans claim that Horry's foul was dirty... now when confronted by an identical foul by one of their players, it turns out that Horry's foul isn't so much dirty, but because of last season's Nash foul (which has NOTHING to do here, except in the mind of blind haters that can't cry about anything else) its suspect...

Well, if Horry's foul wasn't dirty, and no one can determine intent... what the fuck are you doing throwing accusations around, that you can't back up I might add, and expect us Spurs fans to just nod our heads in agreement?? are you seriously that unbelievably dumb??

reck21
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I personally don't find either one to be wrong. I don't think a foul should have been called on either. I do think that the spurs fans that chanted Horry when a player is hurt are classless fans. This is just a basketball game.

Wow..what an idiot.

This is not the wwe. Funny how Horry pick's on David West and all of a sudden he's dirty, Tyson does it and he's super clean. Get over ourself Hornets fan

LANATIVE
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow..what an idiot.

This is not the wwe. Funny how Horry pick's on David West and all of a sudden he's dirty, Tyson does it and he's super clean. Get over ourself Hornets fan

I didn't say one thing about him being dirty. All I said was the SA fans were classless for chanting Horry.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I didn't say one thing about him being dirty. All I said was the SA fans were classless for chanting Horry.

I will agree that those idiots chanting "Horry, Horry" after it was clear that West was hurt are indeed idiots. I'm willing to bet quite a few fans just followed mob mentality here. It only takes three or four idiots, and the clueless will follow.

(Cue whottt coming in here and declaring I'm not a Spurs fan :lol)

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Which was probably not a very prominent majority of fans. This kind of thing has precedence as well, with much more malicious intent. When Michael Irvin broke his neck against Philadelphia, he was paralyzed on the field and the crowd was cheering.

Classlessness knows no color or boundaries, and if one of the Spurs players got hurt I'm sure you would see at least a few classless fans from NO cheering that as well.

I certainly wasn't cheering, and seeing West in pain really upset me. I never like seeing a face twisted with such discomfort.

That being said, the play was legal, and the hit landed with far less impact than the pick set on Parker, which I feel was just a good hard pick as well. A pick is part of the game of basketball, and sadly injuries occur from time to time. Neither were dirty, both were examples of physical play. Period.

I bet you'll hear a lot of the NO fans chanting about how "dirty" the Spurs are for that one single play in this entire series if the Spurs win tonight.

Man in the Arena
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
where are all the Hornet fans now?

Right here.

To anyone who actually thinks there's a double standard, are you being serious? They were both called as offensive fouls. And neither one carried a penalty that extended past the play during which the foul occurred. Officially, the fouls were EXACTLY THE SAME.

The "cheap" aspect of Horry's foul was the well-known fact that D-West had been suffering from a sore/stiff back... and Horry leaned into West's back. That contact was accentuated by D-West jumping backwards to deflect the pass, but make no mistake... Horry leaned into the screen and aimed for his opponent's back. On the other hand, Tyson Chandler set a screen and didn't move his body at all. Parker initiated the contact (because he was moving backwards similar to West), Tyson stood still and then turned his body to rejoin the play. In order to do that, Tyson kicked his foot away from Parker's feet to avoid getting tripped up. You see this as a yank and interpret it as a kick in the air. It looks bad, no doubt. But have you ever been tangled up with someone in a sport? There's really no un-awkward way to get out of the tangle.

Horry's shot at West was a cheap one. He knew exactly what he was doing, and it ended up hurting West... leaving him on the floor for several minutes before he was carried to the locker room. It was a hard foul -- and a cheap shot, but it was a foul. Nothing more. After getting screened by Tyson, parker was on the floor for less than 30 seconds before getting up and dribbling the ball up the court. Reggie Miller even admits the foul call was probably bogus after they show the replay.

Horry took a cheap shot at West, and he'll deserve every boo that he hears in the Arena tonight. If y'all feel that Tyson's pick was equally hard, then feel free to boo him the next time he's at AT&T Center. Next season. In the mean time, grow a pair.

Fan Up.

LANATIVE
05-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I will agree that those idiots chanting "Horry, Horry" after it was clear that West was hurt are indeed idiots. I'm willing to bet quite a few fans just followed mob mentality here. It only takes three or four idiots, and the clueless will follow.

(Cue whottt coming in here and declaring I'm not a Spurs fan :lol)

Every fan base has there idiots. Unfortunately they are usually the ones that shine.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
This is priceless. First Hornet fans claim that Horry's foul was dirty... now when confronted by an identical foul by one of their players, it turns out that Horry's foul isn't so much dirty, but because of last season's Nash foul (which has NOTHING to do here, except in the mind of blind haters that can't cry about anything else) its suspect...

Well, if Horry's foul wasn't dirty, and no one can determine intent... what the fuck are you doing throwing accusations around, that you can't back up I might add, and expect us Spurs fans to just nod our heads in agreement?? are you seriously that unbelievably dumb??

I'm convinced the last few posts here haven't even read the entire thread. Anyone want dibs on that?

That being said, those that can read can see that I (once again) have not said the Horry pick was dirty. But for a lot of reasons(his DIRTY play last year, a back pick in a 20 point game to an all-star with a hurt back) people can question his intentions there. No one knows what he was thinking.

What I find interesting is the great, wonderful fans of San Antonio who are on here on and on with, you are so f'ing dumb, so stupid, you Hornets fans are the worst of the worst, you ignore everything we post, etc. yet not one actually finds any fault(or at least with bottom level intelligent reason) with anything I have said. (ignoring the fact that every post I get quoted seems to not refer to anything which was actually said).

And Sag, just as a heads up, the Hornets fans don't boo the Spurs. They boo everyone who comes and plays in the NOLA arena. I know some fans try to spin that into how it's cause the Spurs are so great, but we've been doing it almost all year.

Jon1798
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm convinced the last few posts here haven't even read the entire thread. Anyone want dibs on that?

That being said, those that can read can see that I (once again) have not said the Horry pick was dirty. But for a lot of reasons(his DIRTY play last year, a back pick in a 20 point game to an all-star with a hurt back) people can question his intentions there. No one knows what he was thinking.

What I find interesting is the great, wonderful fans of San Antonio who are on here on and on with, you are so f'ing dumb, so stupid, you Hornets fans are the worst of the worst, you ignore everything we post, etc. yet not one actually finds any fault(or at least with bottom level intelligent reason) with anything I have said. (ignoring the fact that every post I get quoted seems to not refer to anything which was actually said).

And Sag, just as a heads up, the Hornets fans don't boo the Spurs. They boo everyone who comes and plays in the NOLA arena. I know some fans try to spin that into how it's cause the Spurs are so great, but we've been doing it almost all year.

For the record, there were a few posts while I typed this. :hat

LEONARD
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
:(:depressed

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM

Wow, so you have two examples in the entire career of one of the most cool, calm, and collected, veteran, 7-time champion players who before last season has NEVER been accused of being dirty? Two? And you think that's sufficient to damn Horry?

What was even dirty about his foul on Nash last year? I see tons of fouls that are just as hard. Hell, the pick Chandler set on Parker probably hurt worse than Horry's hit on Nash, since Nash saw it coming, flopped to the ground like he'd been shot, and then was up and apparently "fine", since he wanted to fight about two seconds later.

If Horry's pick had happened in the early 90s, it would not have even merited a footnote in a playoff series. It was a good hard foul, and if the Suns players hadn't lost their fool 70 IQ heads, few would have remembered it and Horry wouldn't have been suspended. Cutting under a player who's in mid-flight is a far more dangerous play, and that happens in the NBA with regularity -- and you rarely see players affixed with the "dirty" tag because of it.

How wonderful it would have been for the NBA to embrace the Spurs and tout them as a throwback to fundamental basketball with flashes of brilliance, rather than casting them as the foe to be vanquished and de-hyped. That's their money lost, and our titles earned, fortunately. :toast

sandman
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Dude, I live in Houston and have seen first hand what people from your city are capable of committing on the taxpayer's dollar. To hear someone from NOLA call people from San Antonio classless is about as ironic as it gets.

LANATIVE
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Dude, I live in Houston and have seen first hand what people from your city are capable of committing on the taxpayer's dollar. To hear someone from NOLA call people from San Antonio classless is about as ironic as it gets.

Don't miss quote me. I did not say the people from San Antonio. I said the ones chanting Horrey at the game. And on second note my city is not New Orleans. I have nevered live there. I actually live in Pearland.

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 04:59 PM

Here it is again for you to understand. Horry's pick was completely legal, everyone knows that on both sides(except for some on this thread it appears).

No one has any idea what Chandler's intentions were behind that play. It looks very questionable for a lot of reasons. Even Hornets fans can't say that he didn't do it intentionally, but he may have had good intentions as well.

mexicanjunior
05-19-2008, 05:03 PM
The "cheap" aspect of Horry's foul was the well-known fact that D-West had been suffering from a sore/stiff back... and Horry leaned into West's back.

So, are you saying, because West has a bad back, we are not allowed to set a hard pick? Had Parker's back been sore (which it probably is after all the pummeling to the ground he has taken), would Chandler not have leveled him like that? Don't give me that BS about leaning in, they both used the same amount of force to set that screen and I would say Chandler's was even more brutal considering the size difference between him and Parker. Will you guys honestly sit here and tell me that, had Horry "untangled his feet" the way Chandler did, the "dirty Horry at it again" remarks would not be doubled? This is why the double standard and hyprocrisy talk is directed at you guys...

Johnny RIngo
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Right here.
The "cheap" aspect of Horry's foul was the well-known fact that D-West had been suffering from a sore/stiff back... and Horry leaned into West's back. That contact was accentuated by D-West jumping backwards to deflect the pass, but make no mistake... Horry leaned into the screen and aimed for his opponent's back.

Then what the fuck is he doing in the game when his team's getting blown out? Blame your coach for that one. I bet if Hornets fans could they'd try to get Stern to implement a new rule to protect their soft players

"No fouls on guys playing injured"

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Didn' want the attached video but I thin you are referring to the pick where Chandler hits him from behind - he leaned on him a little bit, it was very similar to that of Horry.

sagrzmnky
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Right here.

To anyone who actually thinks there's a double standard, are you being serious? They were both called as offensive fouls. And neither one carried a penalty that extended past the play during which the foul occurred. Officially, the fouls were EXACTLY THE SAME.

The "cheap" aspect of Horry's foul was the well-known fact that D-West had been suffering from a sore/stiff back... and Horry leaned into West's back. That contact was accentuated by D-West jumping backwards to deflect the pass, but make no mistake... Horry leaned into the screen and aimed for his opponent's back. On the other hand, Tyson Chandler set a screen and didn't move his body at all. Parker initiated the contact (because he was moving backwards similar to West), Tyson stood still and then turned his body to rejoin the play. In order to do that, Tyson kicked his foot away from Parker's feet to avoid getting tripped up. You see this as a yank and interpret it as a kick in the air. It looks bad, no doubt. But have you ever been tangled up with someone in a sport? There's really no un-awkward way to get out of the tangle.

Horry's shot at West was a cheap one. He knew exactly what he was doing, and it ended up hurting West... leaving him on the floor for several minutes before he was carried to the locker room. It was a hard foul -- and a cheap shot, but it was a foul. Nothing more. After getting screened by Tyson, parker was on the floor for less than 30 seconds before getting up and dribbling the ball up the court. Reggie Miller even admits the foul call was probably bogus after they show the replay.

Horry took a cheap shot at West, and he'll deserve every boo that he hears in the Arena tonight. If y'all feel that Tyson's pick was equally hard, then feel free to boo him the next time he's at AT&T Center. Next season. In the mean time, grow a pair.

Fan Up.

SSSoooooooo....
Horry's pick was dirty and Tyson's was clean?
Grow a pair? Look who has been complaining about how dirty Horry is.
Seriously, none of that will matter in game 7 tonight.