PDA

View Full Version : God damn Lebron's team sucks

E20
05-18-2008, 05:37 PM
God damn his team sucks, my heart goes out to him. He needs to come to the Spurs. Well you can't deny his game. :king

'Til next season. :toast

Allanon
05-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Countdown to The King of New York is T minus 1.5 seasons.

Pero
05-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but what does that tell you about the Celtics?? :lol

E20
05-18-2008, 05:44 PM
2 of the Celtics Big 3 are big time chokers, it's no suprise.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, but what does that tell you about the Celtics?? :lol

That they're better than last year's Pistons.

:lol

Pero
05-18-2008, 05:47 PM

:lmao

ducks
05-18-2008, 05:47 PM
you would think james could set his teamates up

E20
05-18-2008, 05:49 PM
you would think james could set his teamates up

You would think they could make some shots, but they couldn't all in the 1st half. His biggest help was West, and he missed a wide open crucial THREE. Well but it's no use aruging with ducks over Lebron or Tony Parker. So why even bother. :sleep

Well time to root for the Pistons. Pistons shold get the Celtics in 6 maybe 5. GO PISTONS!!!

dirk4mvp
05-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I'd like to see KG take LeBron's place on that shit pile of a team and see how far they go.

reck21
05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
James doesn't get my full respect until he gets out of that team they call Cavaliers.

I just cant commit myself to cheer for a team that I know will get owned all the time.

Until Lebron goes to a better team he gets nothing from me.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Lebron will win a title eventually. Danny Ferry's been screwing him though.

If he gets out of Cleveland, it's the GM's fault.

reck21
05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Lebron will win a title eventually. Danny Ferry's been screwing him though.

If he gets out of Cleveland, it's the GM's fault.

He wont win it with Cavaliers. That's 100000000000% for sure.

lefty
05-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Lebron,

Come to San Antonio !!!!!!

ShoogarBear
05-18-2008, 06:10 PM

Nah, the Cavs are weaker this year.

Flip better finally win one that matters.

Dim Tuncan
05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
God damn his team sucks, my heart goes out to him. He needs to come to the Spurs. Well you can't deny his game. :king

'Til next season. :toast

He actually sucks too when the refs don't bail his ugly ass out.

baseline bum
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM

I don't know. This year's Cavs looked way weaker than last year's. Sczerzbiak looked like a combination of Ray Allen and Steve Smith out there today.

LakerMagic
05-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Countdown to The King of New York is T minus 1.5 seasons.

I thought Jersey and Jay-Z have been courting him?

dknights411
05-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Lebron,

Come to San Antonio !!!!!!

Hell no!!!

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I thought Jersey and Jay-Z have been courting him?

they're moving to Brooklyn

ducks
05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Nah, the Cavs are weaker this year.

Flip better finally win one that matters.

yes
james is worse:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

1Parker1
05-18-2008, 10:49 PM
The fact that Lebron managed to take a team with Wally and Delonte West as his starters to a Game 7 in the Semi-Finals just earned him my respect. If Kobe had that team, he'd be boycotting and sitting out the season. :lol

SpursDynasty
05-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Teams get screwed by third string players who have career nights. For example, Daniel Gibson in the Pistons series, and then some no-name PJ Brown today.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 01:19 AM
The fact that Lebron managed to take a team with Wally and Delonte West as his starters to a Game 7 in the Semi-Finals just earned him my respect. If Kobe had that team, he'd be boycotting and sitting out the season. :lol

And look at Kobe now, he's got a team that can contend until he exits his prime.

Don't be so naive to assume Lebron is just going to keep his mouth shut and sight tight while his team continues to get knocked out in the 1st/2nd round. If he has to put up with this much longer he will be making the same trade demands Kobe did, maybe not as publicly.

The double standard between Lebron and Kobe is just laughable. When Kobe had to deal with this the last 3 years he was labeled a ball hog who couldn't lead his team. With Lebron, his teammates suck. Go figure. And don't tell me Lebron has worse support, the Laker teams of the last few years were just dreadful.

E20
05-19-2008, 01:21 AM
And look at Kobe now, he's got a team that can contend until he exits his prime.

Don't be so naive to assume Lebron is just going to keep his mouth shut and sight tight while his team continues to get knocked out in the 1st/2nd round. If he has to put up with this much longer he will be making the same trade demands Kobe did, maybe not as publicly.

The double standard between Lebron and Kobe is just laughable. When Kobe had to deal with this the last 3 years he was labeled a ball hog who couldn't lead his team. With Lebron, his teammates suck. Go figure. And don't tell me Lebron has worse support, the Laker teams of the last few years were just dreadful.

Lebron James will not be making any trade demands, he will simply pack and leave Cleavenland after this upcoming season, it's his contract year.

KidCongo
05-19-2008, 01:29 AM
This off-season is massive

Cavs have to pick up an All-star PF or Guard and another solid starter in the Mike Miller mold.

ata
05-19-2008, 02:08 AM
I don't know. This year's Cavs looked way weaker than last year's. Sczerzbiak looked like a combination of Ray Allen and Steve Smith out there today.
Sczerzbiak played as if it would be November. House showed him, how is got to be played in Game 7 of PO.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2008, 02:10 AM
This off-season is massive

Cavs have to pick up an All-star PF or Guard and another solid starter in the Mike Miller mold.

do they have draft picks this year?

KidCongo
05-19-2008, 04:25 AM
do they have draft picks this year?

2Cleva
05-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Worse than the team is the coach.

They need to push the tempo more and have LeBron play off the ball - setting up in the midpost and he'll find the game easier for him.

Best players out of their big deal were the throw-ins - West and Joe Smith.

They would have been better getting West for nothing, pushing tempo and going with West, Hughes (who could create his own points), James, Gooden, and Z.

gaKNOW!blee
05-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I actually like Dolente West, he is better than I thought. Even if he is retarded. If they can pick up a good free agent and do a great job in the draft, I think it is possible that Lebron would stay.

sribb43
05-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Danny Ferry needs to be fired. Year after year we see how Lebron needs another guy on the floor who can create and setup other players. Seeing that Low 1-4 with Lebron ISOing is just terrible bball to watch....get lebron a legit 1 or SG that can create. stop getting lebron spot up shooters who cant create like Wally, Gibson, Sasha and Damon Jones

icem
05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
lebrons supporting cast is highly underrated. the reason it seems so bad it because their run a sh!tty offense. they don't get the most out of the talent they do have. big Z, wallace, and wally, were all all-stars at one point, far from scrubs. then they still have west, gibson, smith, and pavlovic. if they picked up the tempo a little and got some easier baskets they would be a much better team. their defense is already good enough to keep them in any game.

stretch
05-19-2008, 09:39 AM
lebrons supporting cast is highly underrated. the reason it seems so bad it because their run a sh!tty offense. they don't get the most out of the talent they do have. big Z, wallace, and wally, were all all-stars at one point, far from scrubs. then they still have west, gibson, smith, and pavlovic. if they picked up the tempo a little and got some easier baskets they would be a much better team. their defense is already good enough to keep them in any game.

Z only has that midrange jumper. if that isn't falling, he doesn't do much of anything.

Wallace has NO offensive ability.

Wally is good, but had no time to really get used to the (very crappy) system. The best player Lebron has had alongside him so far, but clearly was out of sync.

I agree that if their offensive system was better it would help quite a bit though. They need someone also to discipline the team more, because guys like West, Pavolvic, etc... often tries to do too much, and ends up making some very dumb plays and passes which kills the team's offensive momentum. If they simply had a more efficient offense, their defense would increase tremendously, which is hard to imagine considering how solid it already is. but if they can put more pressure on their opponents to score it will often lead to more turnovers and bad shots which equates to even more easy opportunities on offense. Efficiency is something they lack on offense, and it kills them massively in so many ways. Perhaps a better coach is about all they really need, but one guy who is a capable scorer/leader when Lebron is out of the game would help quite a bit as well.

monosylab1k
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Their problem is that nobody on that team is capable of attacking the basket except for LeBron. It's LeBron and 4 spot-up shooters. And then if Varejao or Wallace is in, it's 3 shooters and 1 rebounder.

While it's tough to stop LeBron, the defensive gameplan is always simple - double LeBron and close out on shooters. Not a lot to it.

The only time LeBron had someone else who could handle the ball & drive was Larry Hughes, and he was an abortion.

JoeTait75
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Danny Ferry needs to be fired. Year after year we see how Lebron needs another guy on the floor who can create and setup other players. Seeing that Low 1-4 with Lebron ISOing is just terrible bball to watch....get lebron a legit 1 or SG that can create. stop getting lebron spot up shooters who cant create like Wally, Gibson, Sasha and Damon Jones

The jury is still out on Ferry. He inherited a bad situation created by Jim Paxson- no draft picks in 2005 or 2007, and no Carlos Boozer. He had to overpay in FA in the summer of 2005 to get Hughes, Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones- it's easy to second-guess those signings, but at the time Ferry was on the clock w/LeBron's rookie contract up in 2006 and he had to get SOMEONE in here to help get this team into the playoffs.

The next two seasons are the acid test for this entire organization, including Ferry. They will make him or break him as an NBA GM.

BTW, just my opinion, but I don't think Boozer was ever going to stay in Cleveland any longer than he had to. He didn't want to be anyone's "Robin", and he had serious issues w/the coaching staff wanting him to be the third scoring option behind LBJ and Z. The coaches here didn't even see him as a Pippen: they saw him as a Horace Grant. If he didn't leave in 2004, he would have left in '05 IMO.

baseline bum
05-19-2008, 11:06 AM
LeBron is for sure going to Brooklyn for their first season in 2010. They have tons of cap room, and James has an opt-out.

stretch
05-19-2008, 11:09 AM
LeBron is for sure going to Brooklyn for their first season in 2010. They have tons of cap room, and James has an opt-out.

i still dont know about that...

born and raised in Ohio... I see him staying home and bringing titles and glory to Ohio.

baseline bum
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
i still dont know about that...

born and raised in Ohio... I see him staying home and bringing titles and glory to Ohio.

I see him going to play with his boy Jay-Z and getting fat Nike contracts for playing in the biggest market in the country. It would be one thing if the Cavs could field a decent team, but their cap situation is almost as bad as the Knicks' for the next two years. The teams they put around him make the supporting casts the Spurs threw around Robinson after Strickland walked look like the 96 Bulls.

monosylab1k
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I could see him goin to Brooklyn or staying in Cle, but the way he blows his chode over playing in Madison Square Garden, I think he's going to New York.

Red Hawk #21
05-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Yesterday during that Cavs-Celtics game I kept cursing out Lebron's teammates, the thing that infuriated me the most was that jump ball near the end of the game, it was 7'3 Ilgauskas and 6'6 James posey, Posey mistimed his jump and the ball was right there for Big Z to take, instead of him to grab the ball like a man he tapped it with 2 fingers like a little girl and it ended up with paul pierce.

God I'm so angry at that play, Big Z is soft as hell, last year in the finals Tony parker went at him time and time again for easy layups. Its time for this guy to go, Cavs should look at getting Dirk imo, Dirk and Lebron are in the same situation, and together I think they would win championships.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
If Lebron is anything like Kobe or MJ in terms of competitiveness he will go where he has the best chance of winning a ring.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Yesterday during that Cavs-Celtics game I kept cursing out Lebron's teammates, the thing that infuriated me the most was that jump ball near the end of the game, it was 7'3 Ilgauskas and 6'6 James posey, Posey mistimed his jump and the ball was right there for Big Z to take, instead of him to grab the ball like a man he tapped it with 2 fingers like a little girl and it ended up with paul pierce.

God I'm so angry at that play, Big Z is soft as hell, last year in the finals Tony parker went at him time and time again for easy layups. Its time for this guy to go, Cavs should look at getting Dirk imo, Dirk and Lebron are in the same situation, and together I think they would win championships.

That play was all on LBJ. He failed to box Pierce out in the first place, the tap was right where it needed to be. LBJ fucked up.

monosylab1k
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
That play was all on LBJ. He failed to box Pierce out in the first place, the tap was right where it needed to be. LBJ fucked up.

Garnett hooking Pavlovic's arm and keeping him from moving didn't help either, as the ball was tipped right at Sasha. But Lebron not hustling there sucked also.

stretch
05-19-2008, 11:59 AM

What was fucked up on that play was that the ball went straight to Pavlovic, who couldn't move an inch because KG had his arm locked up, which was what allowed Pierce to get to the ball. LBJ didn't box out great, but Pierce should not have been able to get the ball in the first place, and only did cuz KG got away with murder once again. I can't fucking stand that guy anymore.

stretch
05-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Garnett hooking Pavlovic's arm and keeping him from moving didn't help either, as the ball was tipped right at Sasha. But Lebron not hustling there sucked also.

lol you beat me to it.

LEONARD
05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Nah, this series just proves that SpursDynasty is right...LeBron is a fluke and shouldn't even be on the all-star team...

resistanze
05-19-2008, 12:11 PM
They should trade for Brand.

Metheny
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
lebron james a fluke?

he scored 45 points u idiot basically 50% of his teams points he doesn't have a duncan parker or ginobli to help his ass.

Pero
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
2Cleva is Duncan warning Manu that he's on TV while picking his nose in your sig??? :lol

JoeTait75
05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
If Lebron is anything like Kobe or MJ in terms of competitiveness he will go where he has the best chance of winning a ring.

Agree. Winning a ring >>>>> straight cash to LBJ. He knows that in this league, it's the ring that matters.

I know this is going to sound silly to some of you, but he has an opportunity to pull off one of the greatest achievements in sports, and that's bringing a title to Cleveland. Doing that would be the equivalent to winning a WS with the Cubs. Cleveland is the Cubs of sports.

baseline bum
05-19-2008, 01:16 PM

It would have been a turnover if Ilguaskas grabbed the ball.

1Parker1
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM

Don't be such a homer. You say that Lebron probably won't make such trade demands publicly, well that's a big difference between he and Kobe. My problem wasn't with Kobe wanting a trade, my problem was with Kobe going about it so publicly and so easily throwing specifically named teammates under the bus and then acting like such a great team player when things start to go good for them.

And take a look at what Lebron averaged this postseason with that supporting cast. Game 4 against the Wiz, when Lebron passed to a wide open Delonte West for the game winning shot, you think Kobe would have done that? You think Kobe could average almost 9 assists a game on this Cavs team? Kobe was a ball hog when he had a crappy team, just look at the ridiculous amount of shots he was jacking up before this season. Compare that to how many shots Lebron is taking to average 30 this season, not to mention his assists, his leadership, and his maturity level at a much younger age. When Kobe was 23, he was fighting to be the man with Shaq. Sure he was winning titles then and he was a great player then too. I'm not saying that he's not the best all around player in the NBA, I think he is. But I'd take Lebron any day over him, becasue with Kobe you just don't know how he's going to react when he doesn't get what he wants and when things don't go his way.

z0sa
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM

I thought Kobe won three straight championships and thats why everyone thought he could be a leader, thus when he wasnt he became rightfully ridiculed.

LeBron, essentially by himself, AND WITH NO EXPERIENCE, took that team to the Finals. Kobe, essentially by himself, and with loads of playoff experience, could not get out of the first round.

No double standard, just a fact.

z0sa
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
LeBron's leadership skills really are far better than Kobe's. You could just tell against Boston he was gauging his own teammates fire and trying to get the one's who had it, ie West, shots. Its too bad West missed that three.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Don't be such a homer. You say that Lebron probably won't make such trade demands publicly, well that's a big difference between he and Kobe. My problem wasn't with Kobe wanting a trade, my problem was with Kobe going about it so publicly and so easily throwing specifically named teammates under the bus and then acting like such a great team player when things start to go good for them.

And take a look at what Lebron averaged this postseason with that supporting cast. Game 4 against the Wiz, when Lebron passed to a wide open Delonte West for the game winning shot, you think Kobe would have done that? You think Kobe could average almost 9 assists a game on this Cavs team? Kobe was a ball hog when he had a crappy team, just look at the ridiculous amount of shots he was jacking up before this season. Compare that to how many shots Lebron is taking to average 30 this season, not to mention his assists, his leadership, and his maturity level at a much younger age. When Kobe was 23, he was fighting to be the man with Shaq. Sure he was winning titles then and he was a great player then too. I'm not saying that he's not the best all around player in the NBA, I think he is. But I'd take Lebron any day over him, becasue with Kobe you just don't know how he's going to react when he doesn't get what he wants and when things don't go his way.

Blah, blah, blah......typical Kobe-hater BS. I'm not going to take the time to point out all the fallacies in your argument, but I find it laughable that you mention Lebron's assist numbers and fail to acknowledge that he has the ball in his hands 99% of the time. Of course his assists are going to be through the roof.

The thing with Kobe is people LOVE to hate him. It's always been that way, even before his rape trial, and it always will be. The fact that Lebron can shoot 50 shots and not be labeled as a ball hog is laughable. Kobe did the exact same thing the last two years and got crucified for it, his teammates just couldn't hit open shots the way Lebron's teammates can't now.

I don't like how Kobe went about his business in the offseason, but I can't argue with the results. And at the end of the day that's all that matters. The Lakers are now in a position to win rings for the next 5 years. Lebron, OTOH, is on a mediocre team that can't get out of the 2nd round in the LEASTERN conference.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I thought Kobe won three straight championships and thats why everyone thought he could be a leader, thus when he wasnt he became rightfully ridiculed.

LeBron, essentially by himself, AND WITH NO EXPERIENCE, took that team to the Finals. Kobe, essentially by himself, and with loads of playoff experience, could not get out of the first round.

No double standard, just a fact.

Eastern conference.

z0sa
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
3-1 lead over Phoenix.

z0sa
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Lebron, OTOH, is on a mediocre team that can't get out of the 2nd round in the LEASTERN conference.

So you're ridiculing LeBron for taking the celtics to 7 games, a team that won 66 regular season games?

wtf is wrong with you?

z0sa
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd like to have seen Kobe's lakers from two years ago take these celtics to 7 games :lol :lol :lol

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
:toast

Really the same team that got taken to 7 games by the ATLANTA HAWKS WHO DIDNT EVEN WIN 40 GAMES THIS SEASON???

Big fucking accomplishment.

tlongII
05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Blah, blah, blah......typical Kobe-hater BS. I'm not going to take the time to point out all the fallacies in your argument, but I find it laughable that you mention Lebron's assist numbers and fail to acknowledge that he has the ball in his hands 99% of the time. Of course his assists are going to be through the roof.

The thing with Kobe is people LOVE to hate him. It's always been that way, even before his rape trial, and it always will be. The fact that Lebron can shoot 50 shots and not be labeled as a ball hog is laughable. Kobe did the exact same thing the last two years and got crucified for it, his teammates just couldn't hit open shots the way Lebron's teammates can't now.

I don't like how Kobe went about his business in the offseason, but I can't argue with the results. And at the end of the day that's all that matters. The Lakers are now in a position to win rings for the next 5 years. Lebron, OTOH, is on a mediocre team that can't get out of the 2nd round in the LEASTERN conference.

Your only shot for rings is this year buddy. The Blazers dynasty begins next year.

E20
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
What Dazed and Confused doesn't seem to understand (maybe because he is fucking retarded), is that Lebron WILL NOT DEMAND A TRADE. Because his contract has an opt-out option next year. So Lebron will simply say: Give me better talent or I will opt out next year. His image won't be tarnished like Kobe's. (I have the utomst respect for Kobe as a ball player, as a person not so much)

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
You're a damn fool if you are looking to NBA players for moral role models. I could care less what Kobe does off the court as long as it doesn't affect the team or his performance in the game.

endrity
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
What Dazed and Confused doesn't seem to understand (maybe because he is fucking retarded), is that Lebron WILL NOT DEMAND A TRADE. Because his contract has an opt-out option next year. So Lebron will simply say: Give me better talent or I will opt out next year. His image won't be tarnished like Kobe's. (I have the utomst respect for Kobe as a ball player, as a person not so much)

This here says it pretty well for me. Kobe has probably been the best all around player in the league, the most skilled, the last 2-3 years. I think LeBron is catching up really quickly, even though his game is nowhere close to being as complete as Kobe's with his physical talents it doesn't need to be.

But Kobe is very immature at times, while LeBron shows maturity on the court that is way beyond his year. I was not a big fan of LeBron prior to this year, but he made a fan out of me in this series. He did everything he could to lead his team to a victory while facing a much superior team.

Kobe's main problem I think is his early success. He took it for granted, never understood how hard it is to build a championship team. I am sure that all these tough years will eventually make LeBron better.

endrity
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
You're a damn fool if you are looking to NBA players for moral role models. I could care less what Kobe does off the court as long as it doesn't affect the team or his performance in the game.

I think he means as a leader on the court, not his personal life.I as well, could care less about that.

E20
05-19-2008, 05:39 PM
His Colorado scandal did affect the team's cohesion and contributed more to the Shaq/Kobe feud. Him calling out Bynum behind his back also must have made his teammates think twice about what he thinks about them.

Allanon
05-19-2008, 05:50 PM
You can say all you want in the past about Kobe selfish, immature, not a leader, etc.

But this year, he's matured into the ideal player and teammate. There's absolutely nothing bad you can say about him this year, which is even surprising to me.

LeBron's leadership skills really are far better than Kobe's. You could just tell against Boston he was gauging his own teammates fire and trying to get the one's who had it, ie West, shots. Its too bad West missed that three.

Early on in the season, haters were waiting for him to become selfish again, it never happened. They said he didn't know how to lead. Then the haters said the Nuggets would wipe out the soft Lakers, it didn't happen. Then for sure the Jazz would take the Lakers...nope, nada.

You can continue to live in the past and say he's not a great leader or that he's selfish, but the truth is, the new Kobe is the perfect teammate. With Kobe in his prime and the support of his teammates, Kobe has a chance to get more rings than even Jordan while LeBron will still be looking for #1.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
No question Kobe has a lot of maturing left to do as a leader. This season he took a huge step forward in the right direction though. I agree with what others said, his early success made him take for granted how hard it is to win championships in this league. I think he now has a better understanding of how rare it is to have that opportunity though. And FWIW, the Laker disintegration in the '04 season had as much to do with Shaq as it did with Kobe.

jacobdrj
05-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Boozer wasn't Ferry's fault. He has been trying to make up for Gund's mistake for 3 years...

endrity
05-19-2008, 06:03 PM
But this year, he's matured into the ideal player and teammate. There's absolutely nothing bad you can say about him this year, which is even surprising to me.

Early on in the season, haters were waiting for him to become selfish again, it never happened. They said he didn't know how to lead. Then the haters said the Nuggets would wipe out the soft Lakers, it didn't happen. Then for sure the Jazz would take the Lakers...nope, nada.

You can continue to live in the past and say he's not a great leader or that he's selfish, but the truth is, the new Kobe is the perfect teammate. With Kobe in his prime and the support of his teammates, Kobe has a chance to get more rings than even Jordan while LeBron will still be looking for #1.

I don't know where you read that. I don't think anyone sane predicted the Nuggets would have a chance, and I was one of the first to applaud Hollinger when he switched his pick from the Jazz because it was clear the Lakers are better.

Kobe has a perfect opportunity now, no question. It is my belief that he is still too much about himself, example being game 4 in Utah. Jackson called out the rest of the team I think to make Kobe feel better, but Kobe just jacked up shots.

I don't know that the new Kobe is the perfect teammate, at least wait until he wins the ring as a team leader before saying that. Your argument would be much stronger.

No question Kobe has a lot of maturing left to do as a leader. This season he took a huge step forward in the right direction though. I agree with what others said, his early success made him take for granted how hard it is to win championships in this league. I think he now has a better understanding of how rare it is to have that opportunity though. And FWIW, the Laker disintegration in the '04 season had as much to do with Shaq as it did with Kobe.

No question about Shaq, he is a much bigger bitch than Kobe. However 01-03 he was simply the most dominating player in the league, and therefore he was given a leeway. Now he looks like a fool with all his stupid claims. Thanks for agreeing with Kobe's early success. He is a great player, truly the MVP this year, and I wouldn't mind one bit to see him win it. The only team I really really would hate to win it is the Celtics and KG (and yes, because I think Dirk is a much superior player, and somehow a ring won by jumping on the back of Rondo and Pierce would make KG seem better in the eyes of most).

All I am saying about Kobe is that he still has his 'me' moments, and until he wins it I don't wanna crown him prematurely.

Allanon
05-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't know where you read that. I don't think anyone sane predicted the Nuggets would have a chance, and I was one of the first to applaud Hollinger when he switched his pick from the Jazz because it was clear the Lakers are better.
"Anyone sane" are the key words there but as you know, most haters aren't sane :D

I don't know that the new Kobe is the perfect teammate, at least wait until he wins the ring as a team leader before saying that. Your argument would be much stronger.
Ah, more waiting for Kobe to screw up, but that's fine. I have to admit that his leadership has been too good to be true this year. I suppose lots of people are still thinking he's going to revert back to bad Kobe for extended stretches. After seeing this Kobe for a year now, I have a feeling he's finally "got it" but fair enough, we shall see.

Dim Tuncan
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Kobe, like our Timmy, or Manu, etc. etc. etc. plays basketball really well. And that's about it.

These guys aren't my role models and they won't be my future children's role models either.

I swear... The personality cult on this board really creeps me out sometimes.

P.S. LeBron is gay

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
P.S. LeBron is gay

Takes one to know one homo

Dim Tuncan
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Takes one to know one homo

So where did you guys meet?

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2008, 06:54 PM
So where did you guys meet?

In a chatroom remember, you were there, but you were busy taking it up the ass, cause you're a homo.

Dim Tuncan
05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
In a chatroom remember, you were there, but you were busy taking it up the ass, cause you're a homo.

Did you forget to take your AZT? Because you aren't making sense. Maybe Kaposi's sarcoma is eating away at your brain?

:bking

YellowFever
05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
So you're ridiculing LeBron for taking the celtics to 7 games, a team that won 66 regular season games?

wtf is wrong with you?

So did the Hawks.

your point?