PDA

View Full Version : Sons I think we can all agree on this

BRHornet45
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Hornets or Spurs sons ... which ever team wins tomorrow is in for some bullshit in the next round. Same can be said for Detroit. The media and NBA are getting what they want with the Celtics and Lakers in the conference finals. Sons get ready for some of the most biased officiating in NBA history to help push for a Celtics and Lakers matchup in the NBA finals. I mean for crying out loud sons the April issue of Sports Illustrated had the Celtics and Lakers on the cover as a "preview" for the finals. It's what everyone wants! god bless sons

TwoHandJam
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I totally agree. The "officiating" in LA is going to be off the charts. Book it.

balli
Utah got fucked. Game 5 especially. Be ready for it.

EjaculateMeElmo
well shit in my cereal.

Brutalis
05-18-2008, 06:20 PM
You fuckin think? It's the LAKERS deep in the playoffs. HELLOOO.

jag
05-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Considering the Celtics just took two mediocre teams to 7 games, i have a feeling the Pistons are going to deal with the Celtics. But i agree with you on the Lakers...that looks like it's going to be a real bitch.

DAF86
05-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Hornets or Spurs sons ... which ever team wins tomorrow is in for some bullshit in the next round. Same can be said for Detroit. The media and NBA are getting what they want with the Celtics and Lakers in the conference finals. Sons get ready for some of the most biased officiating in NBA history to help push for a Celtics and Lakers matchup in the NBA finals. I mean for crying out loud sons the April issue of Sports Illustrated had the Celtics and Lakers on the cover as a "preview" for the finals. It's what everyone wants! god bless sons

Nice sig, dad.

BRHornet45
05-18-2008, 06:22 PM
You fuckin think? It's the LAKERS deep in the playoffs. HELLOOO.

son the Lakers always get help, but with the Celtics in it this year it will be even worse. I can see David Stern now ... having wet dreams every night at just the simple THOUGHT of how high the TV ratings would be for a Celtics/Lakers finals.

ClingingMars
05-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Utah got fucked. Game 5 especially. Be ready for it.

Avitus1
05-18-2008, 06:29 PM
For once I agree with you kid, its going to be a bitch for either team that gets out of our game tomorrow night. It's definitely going to be hard for Detroit and the Spurs (maybe Hornets) to get any calls in LA or Boston. I think Detroit can handle Boston and overcome the calls so thats a plus. However with the league being up Kobe's MVP ass and high on LA it might be impossible to get a decent call or two in LA. Then again maybe I'm just thinking entirely to much about the article from SI and another one I saw in USA Today back in April.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
well shit in my cereal.

:lmao

CubanMustGo
05-18-2008, 06:34 PM
What did LAL average, like 40 FTs in the Utah series?

rAm
05-18-2008, 06:54 PM
well shit in my cereal.

rofl!

I hope the officiating in the Conference Finals isn't what I expect, Stern's interview on Rome along with all the Game 7's raised a red flag for me. These playoffs have already been mediocre after what I expected from the regular season.

BTW, JAG is that picture of Ime from that story about him whooping everyone's ass?

Avitus1
05-18-2008, 06:56 PM
The officiating has been very questionable at times during the Playoffs but better teams should be able to play through it.

nfg3
05-18-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't know about you but this year's officiating has been the worse I've seen in many a year. The lack of consistency from one crew chief to another has been going on for years but this year it is pretty sad. Rather than play by the rules the players have to adjust to that particular crew chief's interpretation of the rules. No wonder there is so much complaining going on and increasing as well.

This is unreal dudes. We're all here agreeing that the leauge is about to fix the Finals for TV ratings and truckloads of denaro. WWW is just around the corner.

Pretty pathectic - OK I feel better now. Off the box.

GO Spurs

brettn
05-18-2008, 07:05 PM
The officiating has been very questionable at times during the Playoffs but better teams should be able to play through it.

+1.

Officiating is no excuse for losing a 7 game series. Sure, everyone bitches about it, but the better team prevails 99% of the time. This year will be no different.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2008, 07:08 PM

One thing's for certain...win or lose, I hope you stick around, son. Your "son" talk is hilarious. Seriously, its grown on me. I need a good dose of sonnage daily now. :lol

Budkin
05-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Man you are so right with this take. Kobe is going to go ballistic in the next round with a little help from the "refs."

GrandeDavid
05-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Actually, BRHornets is probably about the funniest author/contributor around here now. He's overtaken WaltonBuysMeOff. :lol

You hear that sons?

LJ and Kori, this guy needs a "son-specific" tag. Got that, sons?

Allanon
05-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Another conspiracy theory.

It's not about the Lakers vs Celtics. The NBA would have loved a Lebron vs Kobe.

It's more about the home team winning. If there was a conspiracy, the Celtics would have won a road game by now. The Lakers got blasted in Utah. Spurs got blasted in New Orleans and New Orleans got wasted in San Antonio.

Home team gets the calls. Every team gets jobbed by the refs on the road.

Were the Cavs and Hawks reallly better teams than the Celtics? Were the Nuggets and Jazz really better than the Lakers?

And there's no denying the Lakers and Celtics are very good teams along with Spurs, Hornets and Pistons...that's the class of the NBA right there.

Avitus1
Actually, BRHornets is probably about the funniest author/contributor around here now. He's overtaken WaltonBuysMeOff. :lol

You hear that sons?

I'm still a fan of Princess Pimp. Her crazy predictions never cease to bring me amusement. Though she is a bit scarce lately.

lefty

I agree

Harry Callahan
05-18-2008, 07:18 PM
The Lakers and Celtics were so incompetent the last four (Lakers) or twenty years (Boston) that even the league could not help them out. Now, it's coming. No question.

dbestpro
05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
+1.

Officiating is no excuse for losing a 7 game series. Sure, everyone bitches about it, but the better team prevails 99% of the time. This year will be no different.

I think you miss the point. The issue is not about a Spurs fan complaining about the officials. Its about a basketball fan complaining about the officials. When the game is no longer fun to watch regardless of who is playing then what's the point? That is where the officiating has taken the playoff games this season.

TwoHandJam
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM
+1.

Maybe that used to be true when there was less parity in the league but with the way the west is stacked this year the officiating certainly can make a difference. There were 5 games separating 1st from 8th seed this year. Most playoff teams in the west are very evenly matched.

NBA officiating will never improve until the refs stop policing/evaluating themselves. It needs to be done by a neutral 3rd party for starters. Also, implementing replay in some instances and possibly allowing one flag per half for coaches would help. The NBA product is in dire need of an overhaul.

BRHornet45
05-18-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm still a fan of Princess Pimp. Her crazy predictions never cease to bring me amusement. Though she is a bit scarce lately.

LOL son speaking of princesspimp. I actually saw him/her/it today and got this video footage. LOL at princesspimp trying to show me his "ups" in this video sons

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OO6H8NFdYQ8&feature=related

GrandeDavid
05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
LOL son speaking of princesspimp. I actually saw him/her/it today and got this video footage. LOL at princesspimp trying to show me his "ups" in this video sons

Son, I gave you some love. Read my above posts, son.

Strike
05-18-2008, 07:55 PM

Aside from your unbelievable use of the word "sons",

good take.

Except for the fact that Lebron got away with some shit and still couldn't carry his team to the victory.

Strike
05-18-2008, 07:59 PM

Nice. Must have been after he went swimming because here he is again...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S62Y4scN3pk

dg7md
05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, of course the Lakers aren't good because they are good, they are good because Stern wants them to.

jag
05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
rofl!

I hope the officiating in the Conference Finals isn't what I expect, Stern's interview on Rome along with all the Game 7's raised a red flag for me. These playoffs have already been mediocre after what I expected from the regular season.

BTW, JAG is that picture of Ime from that story about him whooping everyone's ass?

It's actually just a picture from some story about him visiting the area in portland where he was from or some shit. It looks like he's ready to beat someones ass though.

easjer
05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, of course the Lakers aren't good because they are good, they are good because Stern wants them to.

I don't think that is what anyone is saying. I don't think anyone is attempting to argue that Stern and co are taking mediocre teams and using officials to place them in winning situations.

But officiating can and frequently is one-sided over the course of a game. People generally feel that it will even out over the course of a game or a series, but this is one time I am not so sure about that.

It's not a matter of refs forcing it - it's a matter of questionable calls going consistently in favor of one team or player. It's a matter of ticky-tack fouls on the perimeter being allowed when hacks in the paint aren't called. It's out of bounds balls being given to one team or not seeing moving screens or over the back rebounds. It's a jump-shooting team getting twice as many foul calls, or lesser calls being made (out of bounds instead of foul, two shots instead of flagrant, etc) Not enough to alter the game if the team that is not getting favorable calls plays very well, but enough to throw a team off kilter.

BRHornet45
05-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Son, I gave you some love. Read my above posts, son.

god bless you and your family son. much love

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Are you Tike Mailer? Substitute "holmes" for "sons" and you post pretty much the same sort of stuff...

Anyway, against the odds, and the referees, whoever wins this series wins the trophy. These two teams are tougher than anyone else in the NBA. Book it.

PS Jaime has a great derriere, but she has the legs of a weightlifter! :lmao

I once had a girlfriend with a butt like that... :depressed

zepn
05-18-2008, 11:00 PM
This is unreal dudes. We're all here agreeing that the leauge is about to fix the Finals for TV ratings and truckloads of denaro.

Yep.

And there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Remember what Stern said when asked what his dream Finals match-up would be? "Lakers vs. Lakers"...

BRHornet45
05-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Yep.

And there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Remember what Stern said when asked what his dream Finals match-up would be? "Lakers vs. Lakers"...

son that actually made me "lol"

loquats
05-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Its started already. Winner of this game gets a whole ONE day rest to get a gameplan ready and fly out to L.A.

At least Boston stays home. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
05-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Its started already. Winner of this game gets a whole ONE day rest to get a gameplan ready and fly out to L.A.

At least Boston stays home. :rolleyes

Yeah, the fact that the WCF starts in L.A. on Wednesday is ridiculous. They stretch out the first round. They give the Hornets-Spurs this huge break between Games 6 and 7. Yet the winner, after fighting hard through 7 games, only gets one day to prepare for the Western Conference Finals. It sucks.

Princess Pimp
05-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah, the fact that the WCF starts in L.A. on Wednesday is ridiculous. They stretch out the first round. They give the Hornets-Spurs this huge break between Games 6 and 7. Yet the winner, after fighting hard through 7 games, only gets one day to prepare for the Western Conference Finals. It sucks.

It's not league's fault that the spursies and horneys have to play a Game 7,

It plays out better for the Horneys they will be in fresh and the Lakers rusty...

Avitus1
05-19-2008, 01:30 AM
LMAO

Thanks!!! I needed that.

pawe
05-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Gonna be much more sweeter if they beat the Lakers though.

Princess Pimp
05-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Gonna be much more sweeter if they beat the Lakers though. Who? The Horneys?

pawe
05-19-2008, 01:46 AM
No, the Dallas Cowboys.

Allanon
05-19-2008, 01:54 AM
To be fair (if you're interested in that :) I understand the need to just vent sometimes) the Playoff-Final schedules were pre-determined back in early April. All the games were already slotted for air-time. Most of the time, they don't figure the series are going to go 7 games so they slot the start of the next round quickly after the game 7's.

It could have been any team who got stuck with 7 games, ABC chose to pick the Celtics/Cavs rather than Spurs/Hornets. So TNT gets Monday's game.

Princess Pimp
05-19-2008, 02:04 AM
To be fair (if you're interested in that :) I understand the need to just vent sometimes) the Playoff-Final schedules were pre-determined back in early April. All the games were already slotted for air-time. Most of the time, they don't figure the series are going to go 7 games so they slot the start of the next round quickly after the game 7's.

It could have been any team who got stuck with 7 games, ABC chose to pick the Celtics/Cavs rather than Spurs/Hornets. So TNT gets Monday's game.

Wrong!

TNT have the rights for The Western Finals, ABC/ESPN for the Eastern Finals.

The reason ABC aired Game 7 yesterday was because it supposed to be the first Game of the Eastern Finals, The Western Finals were supposed to begin on Monday.

Allanon
05-19-2008, 02:10 AM
Ah, you are right about the rights to the WCF and ECF.

But the WC Finals were slotted to begin on Wednesday.

Princess Pimp
05-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Ah, you are right about the rights to the WCF and ECF.

But the WC Finals were slotted to begin on Wednesday.

Looking at my guide before they went to Game 7:

Monday May 19th:

Semifinal Game 7 or Conference Final Game 1

Allanon
05-19-2008, 02:16 AM
I found this link from April 18th, don't know if it was a correct schedule or not.

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2008/04/2008-nba-playoffs-schedule.html

EDIT: I see the problem...yes, you're right if there wasn't a Game 7, WCF would have started on Monday, but since there is a game 7, WCF starts Wednesday.

Princess Pimp
05-19-2008, 02:18 AM
From your Guide (link):

Monday, May 19
TBA: Semifinals, Game 7* (TNT)
TBA: Semifinals, Game 7* (TNT)
* or West Finals, Game 1

BRHornet45
05-19-2008, 02:25 AM
fuck the lakers sons

we can all agree on that. end.

Allanon
05-19-2008, 02:40 AM
fuck the lakers sons

Sons, how can you not like somebody who wears a suit like this?
http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/ylp9069xljsme9kemaef.jpg

BRHornet45
05-19-2008, 03:02 AM

lol son I must give props. true pimp

SpursWoman
05-19-2008, 05:56 AM

Does he shop at the same store as Craig Sager?

Dopey310
05-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Weren't the Lakers scheduled to play game 7 on monday as well? They basically would've been in the same predicament as the Spurs and Hornets if they would've lost in Salt Lake. And when you finish with the best record in the regular season, you get homecourt in the playoffs. :wow Teams get extra days rest when they finish their series earlier. Wow.. shocking. It's been that way ever since the NBA playoffs started. Man, Spurs fans are whiny. Making excuses before the WCF even start. Everything was not "preplanned" for the Lakers to advance, the advantages their getting in the next round was earned by having a better regular season record and beating the Jazz in 6 instead of 7. Seems fair to me. lol :lol

smeagol
05-19-2008, 06:14 AM

You hear that sons?

LJ and Kori, this guy needs a "son-specific" tag. Got that, sons?

Agreed.

One of the better HornetFans . . .

m33p0
05-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Does he shop at the same store as Craig Sager?
Craig's is tailor-made. it has to be. like, c'mon son. you can't get those off the rack like that.