PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Powers of the West

DriveFor5
05-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Can't help but feel bad for the last three MVP's (Dirk and Nash) and two recent Coaches of the Year (AJ and D'Antoni), and their two teams who since the 04-05 season have been West contenders.

Not even a year ago these guys were the ones making ESPN headlines and highlight reels. Now these two teams sit quietly in first round elimination.

If only Dallas held on to their 13-pt. lead late in Game 3 of the Finals in 2006.

If only Amare had stayed on the bench?

If only Dallas hadn't rested its starters in that last regular season game vs. GS in 2007, GS might not have even made the playoffs.

Marion went to the Heat to be on the inactive list for the rest of the season. Devin Harris, a torturer of the Spurs, sent to NJ for an aging Kidd.

And now who's at the top of the West? The Spurs of course...but New Orleans and the Lakers? Are you kidding me?

Any Spurs fans feels bad for these guys?

Fillmoe
05-19-2008, 12:31 AM
If only the league didnt hand the Spurs a series last season.

SpursFan0728
05-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Even if Amare stayed on the bench, we could have beat the Suns anyways.

I feel bad for Dallas, especially for Avery cause he got one of the worse ex-owners in the league. Dallas is fucked up for years to come.

Marion was on the inactive list to help Heat tank their season ,so no sorry for him.

Bob Lanier
05-19-2008, 12:48 AM
I don't feel sorry for the Pacers and the fucking Nets, to use the analogous Eastern teams.

Schadenfreude - learn it, love it.

DriveFor5
05-19-2008, 01:30 AM
I hope Phoenix and Dallas come back next year. I hate New Orleans. Most of their wins come from Chris Paul flopping. I can't believe this guy was an MVP candidate. Now that NOH is on national TV we get to see the truth.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Can't help but feel bad for the last three MVP's (Dirk and Nash) and two recent Coaches of the Year (AJ and D'Antoni), and their two teams who since the 04-05 season have been West contenders.

Not even a year ago these guys were the ones making ESPN headlines and highlight reels. Now these two teams sit quietly in first round elimination.

If only Dallas held on to their 13-pt. lead late in Game 3 of the Finals in 2006.

If only Amare had stayed on the bench?

If only Dallas hadn't rested its starters in that last regular season game vs. GS in 2007, GS might not have even made the playoffs.

Marion went to the Heat to be on the inactive list for the rest of the season. Devin Harris, a torturer of the Spurs, sent to NJ for an aging Kidd.

And now who's at the top of the West? The Spurs of course...but New Orleans and the Lakers? Are you kidding me?

Any Spurs fans feels bad for these guys?

both of these teams made their own beds. gotta sleep in em. :rolleyes

Allanon
05-19-2008, 02:23 AM
I feel bad for Dallas, especially for Avery cause he got one of the worse ex-owners in the league. Dallas is fucked up for years to come.

I don't get the "ex-owner", not Mark Cuban, the current owner, right?

As for Avery and his Coach of the Year award, that award is a death sentence it seems. Expectations get too high. In the last 15 years, I think every Coach of the Year got fired within 2 years of getting the award with only a few exceptions like PJ and I think Riley.

m33p0
05-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Any Spurs fans feels bad for these guys?not this spurs fan. they'll be back soon enough.

Pero
05-19-2008, 06:30 AM
I don't get the "ex-owner", not Mark Cuban, the current owner, right?

He probably meant Avery's "ex-owner", as in the owner of his ex-team.

As for Avery and his Coach of the Year award, that award is a death sentence it seems. Expectations get too high. In the last 15 years, I think every Coach of the Year got fired within 2 years of getting the award with only a few exceptions like PJ and I think Riley.

You forgot Poppovich.

Red Hawk #21
05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Dallas will never win a ring with Cuban as their owner, and this is not a stab at Mavs fans at all. I have nothing against the Mavs but they will be ringless because of Cuban. He disses refs constantly, he dissed David stern during the finals, he traded for the washed up Kidd when what was needed was a motion offense and a decent post presence, he got rid of Nash and Finley. He gave scrubs like lafrentz and Dampier huge contracts. This guy is a lunatic, and If I was a Mavs fan I would want him gone. If he hadn't dissed so many refs they probably would have reffed the 2006 finals fairly. Oh well...

dirk4mvp
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Dallas will never win a ring with Cuban as their owner, and this is not a stab at Mavs fans at all. I have nothing against the Mavs but they will be ringless because of Cuban. He disses refs constantly, he dissed David stern during the finals, he traded for the washed up Kidd when what was needed was a motion offense and a decent post presence, he got rid of Nash and Finley. He gave scrubs like lafrentz and Dampier huge contracts. This guy is a lunatic, and If I was a Mavs fan I would want him gone. If he hadn't dissed so many refs they probably would have reffed the 2006 finals fairly. Oh well...

Are you aware of how bad the Mavs were before Cuban?

mytespurs
05-19-2008, 11:55 AM

I think the Spurs would've taken it even if those two were suspended....but we'll never know will we. :hat

Red Hawk #21
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Are you aware of how bad the Mavs were before Cuban?

Yea I know they were bad but it still doesn't give Cuban a right to diss refs and piss so many people off. He dissed David Stern for god's sakes! In his face, how can you expect your team to get calls when you diss all of those people?!

lefty
05-19-2008, 12:19 PM

Even if the NBA handed a series to the Kings, they would find a way to lose it.

Someone has to erase this loser franchise