PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Anyone at the Houston show this past sat?

http://audiooverflow.blogspot.com/2008/05/5172008-radiohead-woodlands-tx.html

http://phishcoventry.blogspot.com/2008/05/radiohead-setlist-51708-houston-tx.html

Spurminator
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Saw them in Dallas last night. Lucked into some tickets when a guy at a party I was at on Friday offered some extras at face value.

Really great show. I have to say I'm a little behind on their current stuff... I've listened to the last two albums a couple of times but not to the point where I can name a song when I hear it. And most of the set was from those songs, which I expected. It took until the first encore for them to play anything off one of the first three albums ("Fake Plastic Trees.") But then they closed with "Paranoid Android" which I was not expecting, and it was awesome.

Radiohead Set List - 5/18/08 Dallas, TX

Set 1: All I Need, There There, 15 Step, Bangers and Mash, Nude, Pyramid Song, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, The National Anthem, Dollars and Cents*, Faust Arp**, Videotape, A Wolf At The Door*, Optimistic, Reckoner, Everything In Its Right Place, Idioteque, Bodysnatchers

E1: Fake Plastic Trees, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, House of Cards, Exit Music (For A Film)***, The Bends

E2: You and Whose Army?, Paranoid Android

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Saw them in Dallas last night. Lucked into some tickets when a guy at a party I was at on Friday offered some extras at face value.

Really great show. I have to say I'm a little behind on their current stuff... I've listened to the last two albums a couple of times but not to the point where I can name a song when I hear it. And most of the set was from those songs, which I expected. It took until the first encore for them to play anything off one of the first three albums ("Fake Plastic Trees.") But then they closed with "Paranoid Android" which I was not expecting, and it was awesome.

Yeah even though they played Paranoid Android last time I saw them I was a little disapointed. I was happy to hear "There There" though. It was also a treat to hear "Planet Telex".

Spurminator
05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
That's the first time I've seen them. I tried to get tickets a couple of times ten years ago when I lived in Houston but their shows always sold out in like ten minutes.

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 09:35 AM
That's the first time I've seen them. I tried to get tickets a couple of times ten years ago when I lived in Houston but their shows always sold out in like ten minutes.

Yeah you have to be on top of it.

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Do you have the setlist of the show you attended?

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM

this year's setlists are at www.inradiobows.com

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 10:18 AM
this year's setlists are at www.inradiobows.com

Nice!! What show did you go to Dan?

Spurminator
05-19-2008, 10:19 AM

I added it to my first post above

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Hail to the Thief is highly under-rated. Best Radiohead album since OK Computer IMHO.

In Rainbows is okay, a bit of a grower.

Hope they come Down Under on this tour.

Thunder Dan
05-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Nice!! What show did you go to Dan?

going to Lollapalooza and Cuyahoga Falls later this summer

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Hail to the Thief is highly under-rated. Best Radiohead album since OK Computer IMHO.

In Rainbows is okay, a bit of a grower.

Hope they come Down Under on this tour.

I agree, its my second fav album after Ok computer and There There is my fav Radiohead song.

Spurminator
05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsbartholow/sets/72157605135172077/

ClingingMars
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
great band, one of my personal favorites (Muse) takes a lot of their style from Radiohead.

- Mars

silverbora
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM
i was at the woodlands show... enjoyed it throughly and had a great time... but it wasnt nearly as great as 2003 when i was 10ft from the stage hahah

this guy however had great seats and put up some pretty good vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDgSdcqizE8&feature=related

SAtown
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
"The Bends" is my favorite Radiohead album, and my fav song is "Blackstar"

great band, one of my personal favorites (Muse) takes a lot of their style from Radiohead.

Muse is also very good.

CuckingFunt
05-19-2008, 05:03 PM
I need to update my Radiohead collection one of these days. The only albums I have are The Bends and OK Computer.

My favorite song of theirs, though, is actually the remixed version of "Talk Show Host" that's on the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack. And my second favorite song is probably "Exit Music (for a Film)," which was also intended for Romeo + Juliet. Weird.