PDA

View Full Version : Boozer to the Clips for Brand?

Girasuck
05-19-2008, 09:06 AM
What does everyone think about this deal? Boozer, Collins, Jason Hart, and a draft pick to the Clips for Elton Brand.

Leetonidas
05-19-2008, 09:08 AM
If I was Utah, I wouldn't trade Boozer. Dude is a beast.

sribb43
05-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Boozer is a stud, he had a bad series, dont give up on the guy. Both are undersized PF but Brand does have the ability to block shots

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Same kind of player, it wouldn't change your team much at all. Boozer struggled because the Lakers simply swarmed him everytime he touched the ball. Nothing he can do about that.

Utah needs to look at dumping that fat oaf Mehmet Okur. There is no reason a CENTER should be shooting fucking 3's.

icem
05-19-2008, 09:34 AM
why would you trade boozer for a guy coming off of surgery ? you have a perfectly healthy all-star PF already....

brand is overrated anyway. i remember that year they made it to the playoffs he was getting all the praise, but it was really sam cassell that was the major reason for the turn around. they had pretty much the same team the year before, except without cassell and they sucked.

Supergirl
05-19-2008, 09:43 AM
yeah, Boozer has a much bigger upside than Brand, who is too often injured to make a big trade for, IMO.

TDMVPDPOY
05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
why trade for brand when you can just offer him a contract?

xtremesteven33
05-19-2008, 10:41 AM
i question boozers basketball IQ at times. when he fouls he gives a really dumb look at times. i also question his leadership ability. Elton Brand seems more like a leader....i dont know....it sounds good

Bob Lanier
05-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Brand plays help defense, which the Jazz desperately need from one of their big men... on the other hand he's just another jumpshooter.

baseline bum
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Boozer better than Brand? What are y'all smoking? Brand is one of the premiere defensive bigs in the game, as well as being a guy who can put up lots of points without having a ton of plays run for him. Boozer's a little better on the glass, but he's a turnstile on D. I'd much rather have Brand.

DazedAndConfused
05-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Brand WAS one of the premiere defensive bigs in the game. Nobody knows how he'll play post injury. There is no reason to trade Boozer if you're the Jazz, Okur is the guy that needs to go. They need a Tyson Chandler type C manning the paint.

Supergirl
05-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Boozer better than Brand? What are y'all smoking? Brand is one of the premiere defensive bigs in the game, as well as being a guy who can put up lots of points without having a ton of plays run for him. Boozer's a little better on the glass, but he's a turnstile on D. I'd much rather have Brand.

When was the last time Brand played a full season? I can't recall.

ducks
05-19-2008, 01:12 PM
If I was Utah, I wouldn't trade Boozer. Dude is a beast.

not against lakers
he does not match up well against them at all
odom is to long for him

baseline bum
05-19-2008, 01:17 PM

2007, 2006, and 2005

Flight3107
05-19-2008, 02:59 PM

WTF are you talking about? Besides last season, Brand has played an average of 76 games a year.

balli
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Utah needs to look at dumping that fat oaf Mehmet Okur. There is no reason a CENTER should be shooting fucking 3's.

You mean besides the fact that it stretches the defense an incredible amount. Okur taking 3's is fine. His percentages aren't great compared to some SGs, but like I said, it draws the defensive C's and PF's out of the paint and out of position for rebounds.

Are seriously making the argument that a Center who can shoot the three ball is a bad thing?

And Elton Brand is a far better player than Boozer. Boozer did not just have a bad series, he had a bad playoffs. Furthermore, for the entirety of his career his defense has been about the same as Zach Randolph's; in other words, very, very shitty. Non-existent even. The Clips would be idiots to make that deal.