PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for game 7

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Tonight is going to be one of the most important games in the Spurs playoffs history, and if we WIN or LOSE I must say that it was a very tough season and specially tough road in the offseason. + 4 times in 9 years is pretty much a lot of championship titles that we've got, so we got to be happy with that fact.

I expect a very physically game tonight, but our team's got to play like we played at home. I definitely don't expect a 3 quarter collapse or a bad shooting night from TD and co. So lets just play Spurs championship basketball.

-TIM DUNCAN
The best Spurs player needs to play another great game. We all know that he had really bad performances in NO, so now is the time to shine. I think if he'll play like he did in the last game, we are on the good road to the win. In offense I hope Chandler will guard him one one one, but if he'll get doubled we all know TD is a great passer and he'll find an open guy. Lets just hope our shooters will be in great form. I also think that when he's doubled he shold try to go to the basket, and draw a foul and get to the line -if that's even possible, cause of the refs. I also would like to see some more pick'n roll's with TP, when TD is left open there near the 3 point line. I gues he can score from there. In defense I'd like to see him guard West, cause we all saw that D-West was pretty bad last game when TD guarded him. So it pretty much all depends on Tim Duncan, if we die or survive.

-TONY PARKER
It's time for the finals MVP to show what's he made of. In this series he was a good scorer for us, he didn't had his game just in game 2, but that's history. In offense I just want to see TP going inside and score in the paint. I don't know why, but it's looks like TP is getting in the paint more when we play at home. Also he needs to take care of the basket a little bit more. He's got like 3,5 turnovers per game, so that's not very good. On the defensive end he should guard Paul. CP3 will probably get his 20+ poins and 10+ assistst, but TP should just stay in front of him all game long. I think that we can live with CP's jumpers and with TP's hand in CP's head, so he wont get a easy look.

-MANU GINOBILI
OK, first of, he should start the game. And if he plays like he did in the last game we can really win this one. His offense was really good pretty much the whole series, and NO's players really just can't guard him that great. I just don't want to see his turnovers. Last game he had 0, game before 1, but if he'll have 4 in this game we are screwed. Just like TP, he should get in the paint a lot, but if he'll get a wide open shot he needs to take it. In defense, he's doing a pretty good job on Mo-Pet when he guards him. Peterson is scoring just when he's wide open. I don't think that Peterson can play 1 on 1 basketball with Manu. Plus I expect some help on guarding Paul from Gino.

-BRUCE BOWEN
Not a lot to say for him on the offensive end, but I just hope he'll score some 3 pointers, when he'll be open in his corners. I don't want him to drive to the basket, cause we all know he's not the best finisher inside so lets all hope he'll knock down those threes. Although he is not the DPOY, he is playing like one on Peja. OK last game Peja scored 13 points, but 3 games before he was really bad, and that's pretty much all because of Bowen's great defense. Everytime Peja will shot I want to see Bruces hand in his face. So some of you whiners can call him dirty, but for me he's the DPOY.

-FABRICIO OBERTO
This game is a must win, so Fab should really play good. Nobody expects from him to score 10+ points, but if he'll get some nice passes inside, and if he'll be wide open in the corner he should score that shots. On defense, it's really hard to guard Tyson, but Chandler is not a great scorer, so lets just don't let him get in the paint and it'll be OK. + I don't want to see 3+ alley oops from TC.

-MICHAEL FINLEY
Last two games were really bad for him in the offense. He's shooting just 2-12 last 2 games. So I gues he'll need to score those jumpers and be more effective. Specially when he's wide open. I don't know, but for me Fin is our worst defender so far. Everytime I see him defending someone, that guy scores on him. That just sucks. So, I gues when he comes in the game we'll see, if he's ready or not. If not I think Ime should get his minutes.

-IME UDOKA
Last 3 games he played, were really good. Last one was awesome. He was really great in offense & defense, and lets just hope he'll play like that tonight. He gave us a big spark when our team needed it, so thank you Ime for that. I don't think that he'll be 100% on 5 shots, but he really should knock down those wide open shots. In defense he's been really good, so just keep it up.

-KURT THOMAS
If he'll score 6 points and grab 9 boards in 20 minutes, I'll be happy. I really like those corner shots from him, so when he's open pass him the ball, and I think he'll knock down that shot. In defense, he was better than Oberto in my opinion. And when Timmy is out he should guard West. Just take care of those rebounds Kurt and it'll be OK.

-ROBERT HORRY
It's game 7, and it's time for making some big plays. I think we've got just the right person for that. It's time for Big shot Rob to score some baskets tonight. He's not been shooting the ball that good so far, so now is the time for him to step up big. In defense lets just all hope he'll not hip chek someone with the injured back, and it'll be alright.

-JACQUE VAUGHN
In his 5 minutes of game I don't think that he'll score, but he should not get a turnover also and it'll be good. On defense he's been pretty solid, so nothing to say about that. Perhapse he'll hack a Chandler sometimes.

-BRENT BARRY
If Finley will suck, let him play. He's not been that good this series, but if he'll get some minutes I expect him to make an open shot.

I don't see other guys to play in this game if it'll be a close game. But if someone gets injured or something, lets just hope they are ready.

PLAY DEFENSE AND DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!

!!!!GO SPURS GO!!!!
:flag:

MarceloM!
05-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I agree. I think the more important thing is that Tim Duncan to be in his best level. With a bad performance by Tim, we are fucked.

m33p0
05-19-2008, 09:47 AM
i expect the Spurs to win... failing that, i'll settle for the Hornets losing.

m33p0
05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
yurp, its pretty much a given. tim duncan has to step up and lead the team. but its also equally important for others to follow. manu and tony will. its the bench that needs to bring it.

Dex
05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I expect the Spurs to score more points than the Hornets by the end of the game.

thispego
05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
are you really a Texas Ranger?

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
are you really a Texas Ranger?

Nope!:rollin

m33p0
05-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Nope!:rollina pretend-to-be texas ranger. hmmmm..... chuck, is that you?

Jimcs50
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
-TIM DUNCAN
The best Spurs player needs to play another great game. We all know that he had really bad performances in NO, so now is the time to shine. I think if he'll play like he did in the last game, we are on the good road to the win. In offense I hope Chandler will guard him one one one, but if he'll get doubled we all know TD is a great passer and he'll find an open guy. Lets just hope our shooters will be in great form. I also think that when he's doubled he shold try to go to the basket, and draw a foul and get to the line -if that's even possible, cause of the refs. I also would like to see some more pick'n roll's with TP, when TD is left open there near the 3 point line. I gues he can score from there. In defense I'd like to see him guard West, cause we all saw that D-West was pretty bad last game when TD guarded him. So it pretty much all depends on Tim Duncan, if we die or survive.

!!!!GO SPURS GO!!!!
:flag:[/B]

I think TD needs to duplicate this line that he had in clincher against New Jersey:

SAN ANTONIO SPURS
STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
B BOWEN, F 18 1-7 0-2 0-0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 2
T DUNCAN, F 46 9-19 0-1 3-5 4 16 20 10 0 8 4 2 21
D ROBINSON, C 31 6-8 0-0 1-4 4 13 17 1 0 2 1 2 13
T PARKER, G 24 2-6 0-0 0-0 0 2 2 2 0 0 3 0 4
S JACKSON, G 35 7-13 3-7 0-0 0 3 3 0 1 0 6 3 17
BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
E GINOBILI 33 2-8 0-4 7-9 1 6 7 1 2 0 1 3 11
M ROSE 18 1-3 0-0 3-3 2 3 5 0 0 2 2 1 5
S CLAXTON 23 5-8 0-0 3-4 0 1 1 4 0 1 2 2 13
S KERR 9 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
K WILLIS 1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
D FERRY 1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
S SMITH 1 0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
34-74 3-15 17-25 11 44 55 20 4 13 19 14 88
45.9% 20.0% 68.0% Team TO (pts off): 19 (16)

2 blks from a Quad Double.

easjer
05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
My expectations:

Win or lose, they play the entire game like it matters. With some pride. With awareness and defensive effort. I expect them to play to their full, highest potential. If they do that and still get beat, I can live with the results.

I expect them to have lots of energy, to play hard, to hustle, to rebound, to find a way to win.

I expect them to play like the fucking San Antonio Spurs.

duncan228
05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
I think TD needs to duplicate this line that he had in clincher against New Jersey:

T DUNCAN, F 46 9-19 0-1 3-5 4 16 20 10 0 8 4 2 21

2 blks from a Quad Double.

I would love nothing more than to watch him do that again. :)

If Duncan can simply do what he does best, anchor the defense, be aggressive on offense, spread his fire to his teammates, they'll take the win.

mytespurs
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I want them to win however if it's not in the cards, I hope they go down fighting and not get blown out!!

Odds aren't looking good but it's a Game 7 and it's the San Antonio Spurs so all that stuff goes out the window.

beachwood
05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I expect a win. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't care how it happens, who scores what, or by how many points.

Just win.