PDA

View Full Version : Write your own pregame speech....

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Here's mine: "I don't think I need to tell you guys what to do, or give you any type of rah-rah pep talk. You guys know what's at stake, and you know it takes 48 minutes to get there. 48 minutes of Spurs basketball. Forget Games 1,2, and 5. We haven't given 'em 48 minutes here in New Orleans yet, but we can start right now. Let's go...." http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/flag.gif :flag:

dickface
05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
9rFx6OFooCs

Jimcs50
05-19-2008, 12:48 PM
"If you want to repeat, you have to win tonight. You know what to do, you have been here before. Make good decisions, compete, compete, compete.

Nuff Said, guys. Let's go win this thing."

ElNono
05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I heard this one from Mike D'Antoni:

"Let's go, let's go... play harder, let's go, let's go"

ATXSPUR
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
"don't fuck up!!!!!!"

xtremesteven33
05-19-2008, 12:53 PM
'Unleash Robert Horry"

LakerLanny
05-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I would go with one of these two:

"What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! 'Cause when the going gets tough…the tough get going! Who's with me? Let's go!…What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? Huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're going to let it be the worst. 'Oh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto. We might get in trouble.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Wormer? He's a dead man. Marmalard? Dead! NIEDERMAYER…!"

OR

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties some of our female party guests . . . We did!

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behaviour of a few sick, perverted individuals. If you do shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general?

I put it to you, Greg. Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Well you can do what you want to us but we won't sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

:toast

shelshor
05-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Fuck the speech
Just give 'em the RED pills and flush the blue pills

misterx91578
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
EQxMggqkSoc

DarrinS
05-19-2008, 01:26 PM
"Remember how you felt after losing game 7 to Dallas?"

Nothing else would need to be said.

JustSpurs
05-19-2008, 01:29 PM
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! 'Cause when the going gets tough…the tough get going! Who's with me? Let's go!…What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? Huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're going to let it be the worst. 'Oh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto. We might get in trouble.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Wormer? He's a dead man. Marmalard? Dead! NIEDERMAYER…!"

G-Nob
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Let's win one for the Gipper.

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Forget the Curve ball Ricky............GIVE EM THE HEATER!!!

misterx91578
05-19-2008, 01:32 PM
POP: On my command, UNLEASH HELL

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/jay921/gladiator1.jpg

look at my post above

G-Nob
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Damit! Can't view videos at the office!

ATRAIN
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Damit! Can't view videos at the office!

Way to go G-Noob hahaha just kidding I can't see vids either.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Pop: If I could just say a few words....I'd be a better public speaker!

Tim is laughing in stitches, pounding his fist on the table

Cry Havoc
05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
"Go out there in the first quarter and send a message to New Orleans that you aren't backing down tonight.

Go out there and show them that their home floor means nothing - nothing, when we put our foot down and play Spurs basketball.

Go out there to show why it's stupid to doubt the San Antonio Spurs.

Mostly, go out there because it's an opportunity to kick their ASS right in front of their home crowd.

Go out there and play. For 48 minutes. Spurs ball. Defense. Let's bring it in."

spursfan09
05-19-2008, 01:59 PM
How many speeches and pep talks does this team need to hear? Shit, they've been here before they know what it takes.

stxspurs
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
A few inSPURational words...
in the morning before the game
POP: Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!

POP in the locker room:
There will be no glory in your sacrifice. We will erase even the memory of the Hornets from the histories. Every piece of Hornet parchment shall be burned. Every NBA historian and every scribe shall have their eyes put out and their tongues cut from their mouths. Uttering the name of
Paul and West will be punishable by death. The world will never know they existed at all.This will not be over quickly. They will not enjoy this. We are the spurs
Well, this will be an easy choice for us, Spurs! Spurs never retreat! Spurs never surrender! Go spread the word. Let every hornet fan assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own. We did what we were trained to do, what we were bred to do, what we were born to do!
Which is win.

one time fellas.....

THIS IS SPURTAAAAAAA!

Jimcs50
"No war has ever been won by dying for your country, you won it be making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country......Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser.....Americans play to win all the time...I would not give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDecLiA_Qbw

santymrc
I would go with one of these two:

"What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! 'Cause when the going gets tough…the tough get going! Who's with me? Let's go!…What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? Huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're going to let it be the worst. 'Oh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto. We might get in trouble.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Wormer? He's a dead man. Marmalard? Dead! NIEDERMAYER…!"

OR

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties some of our female party guests . . . We did!

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behaviour of a few sick, perverted individuals. If you do shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general?

I put it to you, Greg. Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Well you can do what you want to us but we won't sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

:toast

Germans never bombered pearl harvor, Japanese Kamikazes did that.

G-Nob
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Go watch Animal House

lefty
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
We need Coach Hines to do the pregame speech:

" Listen Parker, if you go 1 on 1 against Chris Paul again, I swear to God, I'll pull your big ugly eyeballs, put them in your tushi, and bet with your teammates on what organ they will come from; do you understand? "

DAF86
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM
"Play hard, attack the basket, let it fly and have fun"

timvp
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM

stxspurs
05-19-2008, 02:07 PM

your kidding right
:rolleyes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2008, 02:14 PM
"I love you guys"

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Live Or Die!

santymrc
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
your kidding right
:rolleyes

Never saw that movie (animal house), that's the reason I've corrected him.

thispego
05-19-2008, 02:48 PM
"I don't want to put too much pressure on you guys... but if you lose, this puppy will die"
http://i31.tinypic.com/21osarl.jpg

pbandjnocrust
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM

Why does some one always call that out when posted on a forum :lol

spursfan09
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Here is one for Manu:

Use your fouls wisely

nkdlunch
05-19-2008, 03:34 PM
forget the pregame speech. We need General Patton to give a halftime speech

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/patton.JPG

G-Nob
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
No Limit Army Commander would be nice, too.

slayermin
05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
One of my favorite scenes from Glory.

1q9Ds9gz2VI

brettn
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
9rFx6OFooCs

Fucking classic.

ClingingMars
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
"No war has ever been won by dying for your country, you won it be making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country......Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser.....Americans play to win all the time...I would not give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDecLiA_Qbw

BiZNicK
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd just yell at the Hornet's bench.

Hey ladies! Get dressed for the PWN PARTY, I'll be your host this evening. =)

to21
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
"Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

LEONARD
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
wow

JamStone
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Win, or you're all bitches. [/end]

EVAY
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
forget the pregame speech. We need General Patton to give a halftime speech

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/patton.JPG

Amen!

CubanMustGo
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
"It would be nice if you fuckers would play just one decent third quarter before we're done with this series. What the hell, let's play all four."

2centsworth
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Their no Alexander, we're Alexander. I want to eat their hearts, I want to eat their children, praise be to allah.

Los Spurs
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Win or go Home

NRHector
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
may the force be with you, now go kick some ass

ATXSPUR
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
One of my favorite scenes from Glory.

1q9Ds9gz2VI

great movie

MarceloM!