PDA

View Full Version : There's something you need to know about me ...

Don Quixote
05-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I know, besides the expected "you suck," "you're a queer."

Seriously ... my friends and esteemed colleagues here at ST, we've been seeing each other for quite some time. Since the spring of 2005, in fact. And we've had a great relationship, alot of laughs and good times. This makes me all the more ashamed that I haven't been completely upfront with you.

But there's something you need to know about me. I'm bad luck.

Let me explain myself. Wherever I live, and move to, the teams become powerful, and win championships. I am originally from southeastern Virginia, which in the 80s was Redskin country. They were powerful then, and won 2 Superbowls. When I moved to Texas in 1989, the Cowboys quickly became relevant and starting winning titles in a matter of 2 years. They were, as you know, strong throughout the 90s. And you don't need me to tell you that that was when the Spurs started becoming good themselves, led by David Robinson and Sean Elliott.

But there's more.

I finished my undergraduate studies in Wisconsin. The two years I lived there, the Packers went to the Superbowl both years. When I graduated, I went back to San Antonio briefly, just in time to catch Avery Johnson drain that J at MSG and win us our first NBA championship.

After college, I went into the Air Force, and got stationed in Oklahoma. As soon as I moved there, the Sooners went from doormat to champions, and have been powerful every year since.

After my time there, I got stationed in Shreveport, La. Needless to say, LSU won the championship in college football that year.

And ... I moved to New Orleans in the spring of 2005. Although we experienced the misfortune of Katrina, as soon as we came back in May 06, the Saints became good. And as soon as the Hornets started playing their home games here again, they started winning all THEIR games!

So ... in short, wherever I live, that's good news for the home team. And tonight, that's bad news for the Silver and Black.

I'm sorry, guys. I wish, for once, I were a jinx for the home team. But I'm not. I'm lucky ...

I know, I should have told you up front. I wouldn't blame you if you dumped me.

Sigz
05-19-2008, 07:43 PM
die?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2008, 07:52 PM
If you are gay that's ok I have other gay friends