PDA

View Full Version : Here you appreciate Fabricio Oberto's awesomeness

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
D, boards, picks. Playoff Fab is here!

Now go and pwn this queer:

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20070730elpepuage_9/LCO340/Ies/Portada_agosto_Rolling_Stone.jpg

Dawkins
05-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Oberto is so important to this team, you could see it today again. The offense runs smoother, he scratched David West all game long, he moves so good on the floor, he has the experience of winning so many titles, high Bball IQ, great picks. Spurs should be very happy to have such a guy, cause you need these players to win the Championships@ all you brainless athletic freak PF's out there

san antonio spurs
05-19-2008, 10:23 PM
great game for Oberto, he'll have to do the same thing to ODOM

Bob Lanier
05-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Boards?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Boards?

9 in 32 minutes, plus a couple of tips to teammates that don't get counted in the stats.

DAF86
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Fab is fabuloso!!!!!! :toast

thispego
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm expecting to hear from all the people who downplay what Oberto means to this team and who think he is a scrub who deserves to be gone next year. Check in and apologize or I will start quoting motherfuckers..........

ancestron
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Oberto is the best crappy player ever.

hater
05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Oberto best passing big man in the playoffs right now.

Props to Kurt Thomas too.

thispego
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Oberto is the best crappy player ever.

ancestron - dumbass #1

you know absolutely shit about basketball. I thought this before today.

Sense
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
idk about you... but Kurt>Oberto all series...

Oberto was messing up today.

Sense
05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
9 in 32 minutes, plus a couple of tips to teammates that don't get counted in the stats.

Kurt 6 boards 5 offensive in 7 minutes.

DAF86
05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
ancestron - dumbass #1

you know absolutely shit about basketball. I thought this before today.

That's actually a compliment. I think that Pop even said something like that once.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-19-2008, 10:43 PM

He guarded West better than Kurt all series. Game 6 & 7 he was all over him. Kurt didn't match up well with NO, but will be very important against the Lakers.

1Parker1
05-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Oberto had one of his best games of the postseason tonight. His defense was awesome, his passing was great, and his basketball IQ was in full display. Just an all out great game from him. Let's hope he can continue vs LA

Sense
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
He guarded West better than Kurt all series. Game 6 & 7 he was all over him. Kurt didn't match up well with NO, but will be very important against the Lakers.

if you call that guarding...

West was unstoppable for most of the series... I honestly don't think that it was only him... when the D worked on West it was because he was swarmed... but ok..

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-19-2008, 10:47 PM
if you call that guarding...

West was unstoppable for most of the series... I honestly don't think that it was only him... when the D worked on West it was because he was swarmed... but ok..

I don't agree. He struggled (as the entire team did) in games 1, 2 and 5.

And his picks for Parker and Manu are key to get the ball moving, otherwise it's an isolation for Parker/Manu or 4down.

Radiosparks
05-19-2008, 10:48 PM
He knows how to position himself to receive the ball.

Sense
05-19-2008, 10:48 PM

And his picks for Parker and Manu are key to get the ball moving, otherwise it's an isolation for Parker/Manu or 4down.

Besides a couple of good assists to Duncan and back he didn't do anything special.. He is on the floor because of Pop... so he must play D to get his minutes... but other than that nothing really special.

thispego
05-19-2008, 10:50 PM
That's actually a compliment. I think that Pop even said something like that once.

wrong, and you should know, argentinian.

pop said that oberto is the best ugly player he has seen.

thispego
05-19-2008, 10:53 PM
SENSE... i thought you knew better.

why are Spurs fans, of all people, blind to individual spurs players' greatness?

do you people watch the game or the box score?

shelshor

I thought Pop said something like Oberto is the best UGLY player in the game

MarceloM!
Fabricio is important not for his numbers but for the dirty work, boards, passing and hard defense. And Pop knows it well. People that known well about basketball can appreciate his work.

Sense
05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
SENSE... i thought you knew better.

why are Spurs fans, of all people, blind to individual spurs players' greatness?

do you people watch the game or the box score?

I guess I'm still kind of bitter for having to go to seven games for a couple of stupid games in the regular season. :/

mVp
05-19-2008, 10:56 PM
He does his job and does what he's asked to do as best he can... He's not gonna score 40 or hit the big shot, but you can count with those little things he does to win games.

Anti.Hero
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM

I agree. Oberto made some pretty stupid moves, but somehow he works out alright.

I've always like Oberto but his softness does kill us sometimes.

Sense
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
He does his job and does what he's asked to do as best he can... He's not gonna score 40 or hit the big shot, but you can count with those little things he does to win games.

I'm not saying he doesn't... he just wasn't that great this series...

I mean unless we make a thread of everyone that played tonight I really don't understand this thread.

thispego
05-19-2008, 10:59 PM
I guess I'm still kind of bitter for having to go to seven games for a couple of stupid games in the regular season. :/

no big deal. we knew goin in this would be the spurs hardest road to a championship yet! Gotta keep rolling and treat every game like a game 7 :lobt:

DAF86
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
wrong, and you should know, argentinian.

pop said that oberto is the best ugly player he has seen.

Well my bad then, I thought that what ancestron said was similar to what Pop said.

I'm an Argentinian that lives in Argentina, sometimes I don't get what people really mean on this forum.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2008, 11:03 PM

Yeah, short memories. And West torched him in the 1st Q today as well.

However, he had a great all-around game, and his passing in this series has been excellent.

Props to Fab. :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
BTW, I think ancestron meant "scrappy", and yes, that's what he is, a fantastic scrapper.

Wish he could jump though...

OldSilentHill
05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Pop brings Oberto to the court for such a bunch of minutes for some reason, right?

Who we are to discuss such desition from him? His coaching capability is in question here?

Please stop this shit, Oberto is very useful because the Spurs is a real TEAM. In any other team he will be nothing less than just a normal/regular player with just a few minutes on the court.

Props to Pop for that, he gets good things from his players and thatīs why he is such a damn good coach.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
He's underrated because he doesn't dunk like Chandler, but his defense tonight on West and also trapping Paul and breaking his rhythm in the pick and roll was key.

Sense
05-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Pop brings Oberto to the court for such a bunch of minutes for some reason, right?

Who we are to discuss such desition from him? His coaching capability is in question here?

Please stop this shit, Oberto is very useful because the Spurs is a real TEAM. In any other team he will be nothing less than just a normal/regular player with just a few minutes on the court.

Props to Pop for that, he gets good things from his players and thatīs why he is such a damn good coach.
wtf are you talking about? What is being argued is what was so special about him ... IN THIS SERIES.... if you can't read don't post the shit you just did.

Sense
05-19-2008, 11:16 PM
He's underrated because he doesn't dunk like Chandler, but his defense tonight on West and also trapping Paul and breaking his rhythm in the pick and roll was key.

Are you trying to compare him to Chandler? Don't even go there :lol

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Are you trying to compare him to Chandler? Don't even go there :lol

http://www.rainbowcharlie.ca/READING%20COMPREHENSION.jpg

thispego
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
BTW, I think ancestron meant "scrappy", and yes, that's what he is, a fantastic scrapper.

Wish he could jump though...
pffffffffffffft :rolleyes omg wtf? give me a break. i know what he meant, he didnt miss a letter, he said oberto was crappy. you are a big fuckin chode ruff, i am sorry but thats the way things are

thispego
05-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Well my bad then, I thought that what ancestron said was similar to what Pop said.

I'm an Argentinian that lives in Argentina, sometimes I don't get what people really mean on this forum.

understandable

ffr

crappy = shitty

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh yeah, go ad hominem. That makes so much sense.

Oberto isn't SCRAPPY? Please explain. I could give a fuck about ancestron, I was making a joke.

Cherry
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
:danceclub
Thank you Fabri!

thispego
05-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, go ad hominem. That makes so much sense.

Oberto isn't SCRAPPY? Please explain. I could give a fuck about ancestron, I was making a joke.

yes he is scrappy. you said you thought ancestron didnt mean to type crappy. you could have made your point without trying to stand up for someone who doesn't know shit about basketball.

OldSilentHill
05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
wtf are you talking about? What is being argued is what was so special about him ... IN THIS SERIES.... if you can't read don't post the shit you just did.

I dont understand your attitude, I understood perfectly and Iīm giving my point of view.

And my point of view is this: here in this thread there are some posters dont appreciate the awesomeness of Oberto. Ok, "awesomeness" is a little exagerated, I agree. But my point is that G. Popovich (rings any bell this name to you?) do appreciate Oberto. His awesomeness, utility or wathever you wanna call it. If he does, why some posters canīt?

So, stop your shit and enjoy the victory, that you are really in a bad mood, but something tells me is nothing to do with basketball.

Hope you can fix your personal troubles. Take care.

T Park
05-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Oberto Thomas Horry is the best bigman tandem in Spurs history since David Robinson retired.

Period.

Sense
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM

if you say he doesn't dunk like Chandler and therefore that's why he's underrated... you're stating that Chandler isn't and that Oberto should be in the same sentence...

but you know what?

I'm going to stop arguing... obviously Oberto is amazing..

Go Argentina!

vander
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
yes I have to admit, Fabio was not noticeably terrible today, props to him :toast

Sense
05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I dont understand your attitude, I understood perfectly and Iīm giving my point of view.

And my point of view is this: here in this thread there are some posters dont appreciate the awesomeness of Oberto. Ok, "awesomeness" is a little exagerated, I agree. But my point is that G. Popovich (rings any bell this name to you?) do appreciate Oberto. His awesomeness, utility or wathever you wanna call it. If he does, why some posters canīt?

So, stop your shit and enjoy the victory, that you are really in a bad mood, but something tells me is nothing to do with basketball.

Hope you can fix your personal troubles. Take care.

I think this was ment for you..

arial
05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Oberto is a crucial part of this team. Those who don't realize this by now please walk into a wall.

capek
05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
He had a great game tonight. Very solid D, some good boarding, and some great passes. His play was very important to the winning effort tonight.

ancestron
05-27-2008, 06:40 AM
yes he is scrappy. you said you thought ancestron didnt mean to type crappy. you could have made your point without trying to stand up for someone who doesn't know shit about basketball.

I thought you were cooler when your title said, "Devin Harris is a scrub"

OldSilentHill
05-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Oberto played a very good game in the last one. But he didnīt play so many minutes as usual.

Maybe he doesnīt have to, in order to have a good performance?

Tyler_Durden
05-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Fab rules. Ancestron wasn't insulting him. Its obvious she was echoing Pop's sentiment.

nikegirl
05-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I like Oberto, I think he has been a big help to Duncan especially with those nifty passes.

DarrinS
05-27-2008, 08:42 AM
I like Oberto, I think he has been a big help to Duncan especially with those nifty passes.

Agreed. He also pretty good at finishing around the basket.

His freethrow mechanics make Duncan's look like Brent Barry.