PDA

View Full Version : SPAM Invades Phoenix – Woodie Maintained

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
I know this post is 3 days late, but I decided to spend a couple of days in Phoenix after the game last Friday and this is my first chance to post. The Chopper had an awesome time, and I brought the Spurs the power of the SPAM, running my road attendance record to 11-1.

I can tell from all of the threads that the game has been dissected very well. I have just a few random thoughts and observations, and some unique perspectives from being there in person. Some are basketball related, some are not:

Lots of Spurs Fans I would venture a guess that at least 2,000 fans of the 18,700 in attendance at America West last Friday were Spurs fans. It was awesome. Lots of Spurs banners and signs before, during and after the game.

Great America West Crowd The game was LOUD! The arena definitely had a playoff feel to it. I attended a game there a couple of years ago that had more of a feel of a golf tournament than a basketball game, but the Suns fans in attendance on Friday were loud, wild and rowdy! My kind of people!

Lots of Silicone Sitting at floor level you notice how much arm candy there is out there. Plastic surgeons are making a good living in Phoenix these days. I thought I was in LA or South Beach there for a minute or two. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I much prefer a woman to be natural. Seeing several 5’7” women weighing around 110 pounds yet sporting skyward pointing double-D’s made for pretty comical viewing during timeouts.

A Mouse In Every Town My partner in crime has the pictures we took at the game but as soon as I can get the digital copies I’ll post my picture of Phoenix’s resident Mouse. This guy has front row season tickets behind the floor seats, so I’d guess he’s doing ok financially. He had a gold ring on every finger and seemed to know everyone there. It reminded me of the Simpson's episode where Homer meets his rich brother, this was the rich Mouse. I never got him to pose for a picture so I settled for something of a side view, but you’ll see the resemblence.

Malik Rose is a Good Basketball Player Sitting as close as I did on Friday gave me a chance to really watch how players moved without the ball, watch their positioning on defense and offense, watch those things you can’t see on TV. I realized I’ve been too hard on Malik. He can play the game.

I think Tim was still shaking off flu symptoms. TD played sick Friday night, I’m sure of it. I didn’t see it reported that way anywhere, but it was obvious to me when I watched him during timeouts, and at different parts of the game that he wasn’t 100%. To go 30/20 and not be at full strength is incredible.

Manu might be god. Not THE God, I wouldn’t suspect, but I’d pick him over a golden calf any day of the week.

The Greatest Regular Season Game The game may very well be the greatest regular season Spurs game that I have ever seen, certainly that I’ve ever attended in person. When the Spurs fell down by 16 points after 3 quarters, on the road, I really thought they were done. Pop did a great job coaching in this one as he really did some nice adjusting in the final 12 minutes. Watching the Spurs team hugging near midcourt after the game was awesome! You could tell this one was big for them too. This game lived up to my lofty expectations and then some.

SpursWoman
01-24-2005, 07:26 PM
That was some serious mojo you took to Phoenix with you, EHJ. :smokin :makeout

timvp
01-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Congrats. You got to see a classic.

Solid D
01-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Awesome report Ed. Very funny post, brotha'.

Manu is not a god, though. Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Graven Images

http://www.spamgift.com/images/spamgift/products/6991.jpg

Spurs' Phoenix Arizona Masterpiece

Spurs Pulled Along (by) Manu

MaNuMaNiAc
01-24-2005, 08:03 PM
That was some serious mojo you took to Phoenix with you, EHJ. :smokin :makeout

If Friday's game was any indication of how much mojo this guy brings to the games he attends, I say we buy him tickets for the rest of the season! lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-24-2005, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Solid D]Awesome report Ed. Very funny post, brotha'.

Manu is not a god, though. Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Graven Images

http://www.spamgift.com/images/spamgift/products/6991.jpg

Spurs' Phoenix Arizona Masterpiece

Amen! :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-24-2005, 08:05 PM
If Friday's game was any indication of how much mojo this guy brings to the games he attends, I say we buy him tickets for the rest of the season! lol

I'll give that a big AMEN too!! :lol

SpursWoman
01-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I'll give that a big AMEN too!! :lol

Well, if you lived here....I'd have to hook you up with mine if that was the result we could expect. :lol

I'd take one for the team... :p

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, if you lived here....I'd have to hook you up with mine if that was the result we could expect. :lol

I'd take one for the team... :p