PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horry - This is who i am

diego
05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I dont know about y'all but i was going crazy with horry. he played huge on both ends and showed the world what kind of player he is. I dont know if hes got any left after that but tonight robert horry was Big Shot Rob. ironically enough the whole "dirty" drama helped us afer all!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Yup, 2 huge 3s and some great D.

The great player he is showed through.

:tu

SRJ
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Amazing how bad he's looked on a lot of recent three's until tonight. He just raises his game when the stakes are the highest.

whottt
05-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Amazing how bad he's looked on a lot of recent three's until tonight. He just raises his game when the stakes are the highest.

Sigh...

He's looked like shit for most of the time for 90% of his career...

Dude had one good season where he put up nice numbers...

He just so happened to become the first guy in NBA history to put up 100 threes, 100 blocks and 100 steals in the same season, during his one good season.

Other than that he's looked like shit quite often...

Case in point game 1 of the 95 WCF...he only made one shot that entire game....and it was a big one.

timvp
05-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Gotta give props to whottt and anyone else who has stayed on Horry's side throughout the years. It's damn easy to give up on him. If you haven't given up on him at some point, something is wrong with you.

But this is why you put up with the 20% shooting and the blown defensive assignments. This is why you just keep playing him.

Props to Pop for keeping the belief and props to Horry for having his best game of the year in a Game 7.

Bob Lanier
05-19-2008, 11:07 PM
He's looked like shit for most of the time for 90% of his career...
Is that the sound of shifting goalposts I hear?

FG%, TS%
47.4, 52.0
45.9, 52.1
44.7, 55.6
41.0, 53.7
43.6, 52.9
47.6, 54.2
45.9, 56.5
43.8, 52.8
38.7, 48.9
39.8, 52.8
38.7, 48.8
40.5, 49.6
41.9, 53.3
38.4, 49.9
35.9, 48.0
31.9, 42.6

Horry's fallen off a cliff. Not that he can't be worthwhile in a game, but he probably won't be.

Horry For 3!
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Gotta love Horry!

timvp
05-20-2008, 12:00 AM
When Horry hit that first three, you could almost hear the whole team say "Hey, I think we can win this."

You can't make this ish up. He basically sucks all season and then comes up big in Game 7.

Robert F'in Horry.

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Told you bitches all season :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Horry's our good luck charm.

His basketball IQ is invaluable. He defies statistics. Fuck the stats obsessions of today's league.

timvp
05-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Let's get Hollinger's expert opinion ...........

Best Shoulders: Robert Horry, Spurs
First Steve Nash, now David West. Even when he's not scoring, or rebounding, or defending or doing much of anything else, Robert Horry has a way of impacting a playoff series, doesn't he? The similarity of the motion that sent Nash sprawling a year ago and the one that sent West to the floor Thursday is hard to ignore.

But as shaky a move as it was, New Orleans should call the league and beg it not to suspend Horry. The Spurs have been playing him mainly out of loyalty, and he's been absolutely killing them at both ends; in fact, about the only thing he's done well is intentionally foul Tyson Chandler at the end of quarters. Taking Horry off the court for Game 7 is the best favor the league could ever do for the Spurs.

And while the Hornets seethe over Horry's shot on West, here's a question: Why on earth was West out there, down 21 in the fourth with a bad back that the Hornets desperately need to get better by Monday? Byron Scott was killed for pulling his starters early in Game 4 of the 2002 Finals; ironically, it now seems he might have erred by waiting too long.

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:06 AM
:lmao

Hollinger could be the worst analyst of all freaking time.

Manu-of-steel
05-20-2008, 07:19 AM
joke hollinger, yes, JOKE is his first name. what an insightful analysis of the value of horry to spurs. during the game 7, horry was active in tapping loose balls, and also the morale-boosting threes.

TampaDude
05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Hollinger picked the Lakers in the WCF, too... :lol

Spurs Brazil
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Let's get Hollinger's expert opinion ...........

Best Shoulders: Robert Horry, Spurs
First Steve Nash, now David West. Even when he's not scoring, or rebounding, or defending or doing much of anything else, Robert Horry has a way of impacting a playoff series, doesn't he? The similarity of the motion that sent Nash sprawling a year ago and the one that sent West to the floor Thursday is hard to ignore.

But as shaky a move as it was, New Orleans should call the league and beg it not to suspend Horry. The Spurs have been playing him mainly out of loyalty, and he's been absolutely killing them at both ends; in fact, about the only thing he's done well is intentionally foul Tyson Chandler at the end of quarters. Taking Horry off the court for Game 7 is the best favor the league could ever do for the Spurs.

And while the Hornets seethe over Horry's shot on West, here's a question: Why on earth was West out there, down 21 in the fourth with a bad back that the Hornets desperately need to get better by Monday? Byron Scott was killed for pulling his starters early in Game 4 of the 2002 Finals; ironically, it now seems he might have erred by waiting too long.

:owned:owned:owned

Props to Horry, another big game

whottt
05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Is that the sound of shifting goalposts I hear?

FG%, TS%
47.4, 52.0
45.9, 52.1
44.7, 55.6
41.0, 53.7
43.6, 52.9
47.6, 54.2
45.9, 56.5
43.8, 52.8
38.7, 48.9
39.8, 52.8
38.7, 48.8
40.5, 49.6
41.9, 53.3
38.4, 49.9
35.9, 48.0
31.9, 42.6

Horry's fallen off a cliff. Not that he can't be worthwhile in a game,

You mean he's been injured worse and playing fewer minutes than any other year of his carer. I didn't say this wasn't the worst season of his career...but this hardly the first time people have said he's done...or judged him by a lack of production...it's been the knock on him as long as he's been in the league.

Game 1 of the 95 WCF I mentioned...he didn't do shit that entire game, until the end of it.

Game 5 of the 05 Finals...he was arguably having the worst game of his career through the first 3 quarters, and in fact, if Pop had other decent alternatives Horry wouldn't have been on the court to do what he did...

He doesn't do what he does in the first quarters of games...he does it later...his numbers, what few there are, come then...that's what makes him Robert Horry.

but he probably won't be.

In fact he already has been...

You couldn't see the forrest for the trees in the first place...I'm not surprised you still can't...why are you?

baseline bum
05-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Games like this are why I hated Rob for so long in his Houston and LA days. Your teams kicking ass, the finish line is in sight, everything is great, and then BAM... Rob comes in and shits on your entire season.

hater
05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Horry is not finished yet. He will relive some great moments in LA.

whottt
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Seriously...this argument is old...if I had a dollar for every person that acted like they used to think Horry was good, and there was some point where his numbers wre impressive, but now they aren't..I'd be retired.

Same argument that people have been making(including GMs) since about 1996 when he was first traded.

All they are saying to me is that they never got him...because there was never really any point in his career where he was lauded for his consistent statistical production outside of maybe one season...never at any point other than that.

There never was some golden age of Robert Horry when his stats were eyepopping and pleasing to the masses, except maybe on a single game
(playoff game that is) basis. It's a complete and total myth that he was ever some major statistical contributor who put up numbers equal to his rep and notoriety. He was always inconsistent...except in the pivotal moments of playoff runs and games...and often his contributions were not of a statistical nature, or even a big shot.

Been there done that with this argument...he's supposedly retiring after this season...if people keep saying something long enough...eventually they'll be right. But right now Horry doubters(those who liked hikm when he was an "MVP" candidate or something) are like 0-15 for his career....maybe now he's retiring they'll finally be right for a change. Not impressd with the argument, never have been. Horry's never had impressive statistical production on a consistent basis, nor is that why you want him on your team.....and it never has been.

I'm gonna say it one more time...for those who never understood...

You simply don't judge Robert Horry by stats...ever.

Say-Townbball
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Horry's awesome in the playoffs. It took a series and some games for him to show up...but with the lack of playing time and the injury...it's understandable.

I guess bein a veteran player, you have that option to show up when it counts most....cuz if it aint a clutch game, you know Horry aint tryin to do shit! Well with the exception of the hack a shaq in the Phoenix series...

whottt
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
You know what LakerFans and antagonistic LA media used to call him circa 2000? The Statue...because he didn't put up numbers and didn't seem to be playing hard.