PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix and New Orleans > Lakers

DriveFor5
05-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I keep hearing Gasol hype but I turn on the TV and see a Lakers team that isn't on the level of our first round and second round opponents...The Spurs have been through some battles already and are conditioned to go whoop some ass.

The Lakers have had a cakewalk in the first two rounds and they'll be sorry they got the #1 seed.

SRJ
05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
The Lakers will be tough, but there is zero chance they will be tougher than the motherfucking Hornets. Those guys were badass, especially for mostly a bunch of first-timers.

kevinwiz
05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Phoenix and New Orleans > Lakers
this makes absolutely no logical sense. if they were better, how come they're not in the playoffs still? if the hornets were better, why did we rape them to capture the 1 seed and why did phoenix stink it up altogether?

i think we can have something in common in that we both hate the phx scums

gospursgojas
05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Here we go again.

Spurs fans underestimating thier opponet.

QuietDynasty
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
\/ \/ \/
Practice Practice Practice

\/

:lobt:

SRJ
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Here we go again.

Why is "they're not as tough as NO" equivalent to "underestimating the Lakers"? I expect another tough series here, but I happen to think the Hornets are a tougher team than the Lakers. That doesn't mean they won't give us fits, especially #24.

DespЏrado
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Did we not learn our lesson taking the Hornets for granted. The Lakers are going to be very tough to beat. Even tougher to beat with the NBA having wet dreams of Lakers vs. Celtics.

We are going to have to play better than we have been able to do all year in order to beat them. Not to mention that we have not put together 3 straight good games since the all star break.

michaelwcho
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Don't be a fool! They earned their wins, and they had more of them than we do.

They have Kobe and Gasol, two bona-fide all-stars, along with Odom, who thrives as a third wheel. Fisher is an underrated, championship-caliber 1. They are going to be tough, although we can take them.

Johnny RIngo
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Here we go again.

:lol

After a Spurs win: "fuck these clowns!!!! spurs own these bitches!"

After a Spurs loss: "Spurs are done. This team has no heart...."

gospursgojas
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Lamar Odom = West + a 3pt shot, and slashing capabilities. Stopping him will be key

SpursDynasty
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
The seedings, #1-6 at least, were determined by a shot here or a shot there. We could just as easily be playing Phoenix in the WCF.

Spurs in 4.

YellowFever
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
:lol

After a Spurs win: "fuck these clowns!!!! spurs own these bitches!"

After a Spurs loss: "Spurs are done. This team has no heart...."

LoL.....

So true..so true...

This forum is by far one of the best and you guys have some of the most knowledgable BB fans out there but I have never seen Laker homers as bad as some of you Spurs homers.

gospursgojas
05-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Spurs fans are the biggest homers around. And what? :lol

baseline bum
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
No way is Phoenix better than LA.... but NO might have been.

YellowFever
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
The seedings, #1-6 at least, were determined by a shot here or a shot there. We could just as easily be playing Phoenix in the WCF.

Spurs in 4.

Hey aren't you the guy that was bitching all day Friday because the Lakers in your words "made some outside shots" to win....and you continued, "anybody can do that".

Well...guess how the Spurs won tonight? :lol

capek
05-19-2008, 11:19 PM
this makes absolutely no logical sense. if they were better, how come they're not in the playoffs still? if the hornets were better, why did we rape them to capture the 1 seed and why did phoenix stink it up altogether?

i think we can have something in common in that we both hate the phx scums

Incredibly weak retort. Obviously, they're not in the playoffs because they had to play the Spurs. The assumption implicit here is that Spurs > Phoenix/NO > Lakers. Personally I definitely agree with this. We've overcome some behemoths in this playoff run, and I think NO at least is arguably better than the Lakers. But the Lakers will still be tough. The WCF aren't going to be some kind of cake walk. But I think we got them nonetheless.

peskypesky
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Lakers are going to be TOUGH. Make no mistake. Spurs are damn lucky Bynum isn't playing. The home-court advantage helps even that out a but though. I give the Lakers props, as much as I've hated them.

TheNextGen
05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
this is gonna be a good series.

rascal
05-20-2008, 10:40 AM
The Lakers will be tough, but there is zero chance they will be tougher than the motherfucking Hornets. Those guys were badass, especially for mostly a bunch of first-timers.

The hornets were not mentally tough and caved in as the series went on because of their playoff inexperience. The lakers will be tougher.

LA24
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
:wow

It's rare to see so many wise Spurs fans all bunched up in one thread.
SA will prevail in the end, but not w/out a tough fight.

T Park
05-20-2008, 10:55 AM
If the Spurs play the lakers like I know they can, this thing should be over in 5 or 6.

This is akin to last year when the toughest team for the Spurs was defeated in the second round.

PwrGetter
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm all for "routing" for your team, but NO and PHO is not better than Lakers... Lakers have made it to the WCF, without Ariza and Bynum... Denver was a pushover, but Utah is a tough matchup for anyone.

Series should be very entertaining to say the least.