PDA

View Full Version : Kobe or Paul (For Non-Laker and Hornet Fans)

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:15 AM
You are assembling a team from scratch and get to pick one to put on your team from this season and this season only....which one do you pick?

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:16 AM
I pick Chris Paul due to age, the way he gets his team involved, and how well he seems to pick his teammates up.

Medvedenko
Why don't you wait until the series is over.....

Armando
Cp3

honestfool84
kobe has some semblance of class.

bdictjames
Paul seems to get along easier with his teammates.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I pick Chris Paul due to age, the way he gets his team involved, and how well he seems to pick his teammates up.

Only 1 season......

timmydidit
paul is a better team player

Armando

Like throwing teammates under the bus.

mystargtr34
Kobe for me.

I think hes the second best player in the league

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Why don't you wait until the series is over.....

Why do you care?

What does it matter?

Because I want to ask this question now?

Why did Slava Medvedenko suck ass?

This is for fans that aren't emotionally attatched to Chris Paul or Kobe as the stars of our team...it's unbiased so you shouldn't have a problem with me asking this question under any conditions...

Your defensiveness is revealing...

DAF86
05-20-2008, 12:19 AM
I think that Paul should've won the MVP award this season but I still pick Kobe.

I'd pick Duncan over any of those two in a heartbeat though.

lefty
05-20-2008, 12:19 AM
You are assembling a team from scratch and get to pick one to put on your team from this season and this season only....which one do you pick?

Smush Parker

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 12:20 AM
I pick Paul

I think his basketball IQ is arguably miles above Kobe's.

And Kobe's the best player in the league. You don't have that turnover ratio that Paul has by being "just elite".

O-Factor
05-20-2008, 12:20 AM

+1

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Why do you care?

What does it matter?

Because I want to ask this question now?

Why did Slava Medvedenko suck ass?

Why don't you ask Slava yourself you tool. Obviously you must of infered due to my screen name that I must have some affinity for Med and thought it would really hurt me if you told me he sucks ass....well my friend, not really. You continue to have the weakest game on this board, and given the amount of posts you have it's pretty fucking sad. I'm going to enjoy this series.

Ariel
05-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Chris Paul. If you're assembling a team from scratch, by the time you get something going Kobe will likely be out of his prime. Paul, on the other hand, will give you the best point guard in the league for more than a decade.

JamStone
Gregg Popovich in his post game: "We all know that Kobe Bryant is the best player on the planet. And not because he was the MVP this season. He just is."

jag

I'm sure his wife agrees with you.

J.T.
05-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Kobe won't flop like a little bitch all series to get fouls.

Darcus

Exactly!

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."

Medvedenko
I pick Paul

And Kobe's the best player in the league. You don't have that turnover ratio that Paul has by being "just elite".

WOW.......:bang

Discoflux
05-20-2008, 12:24 AM

damn i wish i was that white teddy bear

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Why don't you ask Slava yourself you tool. Obviously you must of infered due to my screen name that I must have some affinity for Med and thought it would really hurt me if you told me he sucks ass....well my friend, not really. You continue to have the weakest game on this board, and given the amount of posts you have it's pretty fucking sad. I'm going to enjoy this series.

You are going to enjoy watching Kobe get a taste of the Kung Fu Brothers? http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3501.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3167.jpg

Me too....

You must really hate Kobe...hell Bruce by himself used to beat the shit out of Kobe over a 7 game series. And I actually think Ime defends him better than Bruce.

You Laker fans are always talking about how Kobe is the best player but he's a one man team...

Unfortunately for you...you're right.

And unlike Paul...Kobe isn't going to put up 15 fucking assists per game(and that's without a doubleteam) with Bowen on him.

Kobe also isn't going to turn a guy like Tyson Chandler into a freaking backbreaker...

mVp
05-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Idk tough call... Kobe maybe, I hate the guy with a passion, but he's damn good, I guess that's why I hate him lol

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Gregg Popovich in his post game: "We all know that Kobe Bryant is the best player on the planet. And not because he was the MVP this season. He just is."

Pop's a little behind me on this sort of thing...

Do you honestly think Kobe is going to make other players better to the degree that Paul did?

He won't...he won't even come close to doing that.

Armando
05-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't pity the Spurs but dealing with Kobe knowing he is 4 games away from the Finals will be tough.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 12:31 AM
You are going to enjoy watching Kobe get a taste of the Kung Fu Brothers? http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3501.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3167.jpg

Me too....

You must really hate Kobe...hell Bruce by himself used to beat the shit out of Kobe over a 7 game series. And I actually think Ime defends him better than Bruce.

You Laker fans are always talking about how Kobe is the best player but he's a one man team...

Unfortunately for you...you're right.

And unlike Paul...Kobe isn't going to put up 15 fucking assists per game(and that's without a doubleteam) with Bowen on him.

Kobe also isn't going to turn a guy like Tyson Chandler into a freaking backbreaker...

Look retard, what do you mean unfortunately for me...do I fucking play for the Lakers. Man you're dumb. I don't need to quote Kobe's stats during this years playoffs and your memory of Kobe raping your team in the past against a younger Bowen is obviously limited. Oh and in your words...good luck and hopefully YOU will have an impact on the spurs this year. You sure talk like you do.

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:33 AM
And I hate to tell you this LakerFan...but David West >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol

Now DFish is a real bitch and a Spur Killer...but your stars don't match up with us as well as the Hornets did. It'd be much better for you if Bynum were healthy...

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't pity the Spurs but dealing with Kobe knowing he is 4 games away from the Finals will be tough.

:lmao The Suns could beat the Lakers :lmao

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:34 AM
God Medvedenko is such a bitter bitch now.

I remember when he used to have the shocker Jackson picture and was alot classier.

What an assclown.

Armando
05-20-2008, 12:35 AM
:lmao The Suns could beat the Lakers :lmao

Suns were 1-3 vs Lakers this season. The Lakers are playing the best off all the teams left in the playoffs.

jag
05-20-2008, 12:39 AM
God Medvedenko is such a bitter bitch now.

I remember when he used to have the shocker Jackson picture and was alot classier.

What an assclown.

4 years of watching failure can do that.

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Look retard, what do you mean unfortunately for me...

Excuse me...I must have mistaken you for a LakerFan who gives a shit how the Lakers season ends. My bad...idiot.

do I fucking play for the Lakers.

Link to me saying you did?

I don't need to quote Kobe's stats during this years playoffs and your memory of Kobe raping your team in the past against a younger Bowen is obviously limited.

Kobe hasn't been factor against us since 2001...or since Bruce Bowen was signed...other than in 04 when Phil beat the shit out of Bowen on picks...

Do you see fucking Karl Malone and Shaq on your team now dumbass?

Oh and in your words...good luck and hopefully YOU will have an impact on the spurs this year. You sure talk like you do.

No I don't...you're just an idiot...

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-20-2008, 12:40 AM
CP3......... he is only a newb in the league and is already in MVP talks. Much harder to find a PG who can run a team like him.

Kobe was nothing without Shaq and would be nothing without his gimme Gasol. Paul has turned nobodies into somebodies.

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Kobe doesn't have the heart of a champion and never did...

DFish has more heart...

What Kobe did was go batshit crazy while teams were focusing their entire D on stopping Shaq...

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Shoot Kobe shoot :lmao

Show us you're Jordan :lol

jag
05-20-2008, 12:45 AM

DFish has more heart...

What Kobe did was go batshit crazy while teams were focusing their entire D on stopping Shaq...

I can't stand Kobe, but dude's the best player in the league...and it's not close.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-20-2008, 12:46 AM
CP3/AI(or JR)/Melo/K/Camby (or nene)........... :drunk

He would make such a difference. AI would be pounding the ball for 23 seconds every posession.

spursfan09
05-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Kobe:

He is not too old.
Has alot more experience.
Rised to pressure, and Paul still seems inexperienced

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey...does anyone remember when Horry bought and sold Pau Gasol in 04? Hell..we might actually have a guy we can put Horry on in this series due to a good matchup, for the first time in 3 years.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 12:48 AM

DFish has more heart...

I forgot Dfish is averaging 33.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 6.8 points per game in the playoffs.

I love your sarcasm...because given your weak takes, that's best compliment you'll get from me. Oh and Tpark...nothing to say to you.

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Hey...does anyone remember when Horry bought and sold Pau Gasol in 04? Hell..we might actually have a guy we can put Horry on in this series due to a good matchup, for the first time in 3 years.

Yeah, plus after tonight it looks like good old playoff Robert Horry is back :smokin

T Park
05-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I forgot Dfish is averaging 33.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 6.8 points per game in the playoffs.

I love your sarcasm...because given your weak takes, that's best compliment you'll get from me. Oh and Tpark...nothing to say to you.

Wow, what a very intelligent retort.

Nothing.

Wow, stanford esque.

E20
05-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Depends on what the rest of my personnel is.

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:51 AM
I know one thing....this Hornet Team scared the shit out of me a lot more than the Lakers do, and I didn't even think West was going to be a factor when they scared me. I wasn't surprised the Hornets pushed us to 7...I'll be very surprised if the Lakers do.

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:51 AM

Damn...Kobe had to put up those numbers for the Lakers to win games? You guys are in more trouble than I thought.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Wow, what a very intelligent retort.

Nothing.

Wow, stanford esque.

Coming from a guy who says Horry is rounding into form.....yup he sure is.
40k posts of pure amazement. Keep it up, like I said to your boy whott, it's going to be a great series. May the best team win and by no means your inane posts and banter will have any impact on the series...I'm just going to love the melt downs.....

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Depends on what the rest of my personnel is.

You have to pick one of these two with your first choice and you can only have one of them...you can pick whoever you want to fill out the rest of your team.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 12:55 AM
I know one thing....this Hornet Team scared the shit out of me a lot more than the Lakers do, and I didn't even think West was going to be a factor when they scared me. I wasn't surprised the Hornets pushed us to 7...I'll be very surprised if the Lakers do.

It's too easy with you buddy....do you play for the spurs, you're not scared, what does that really mean. Do you really think you have an impact on the spurs success. Really, do you. I won't be surprised if the Spurs win either, does that make any difference really.

whottt
40k posts of pure amazement. Keep it up, like I said to your boy whott, it's going to be a great series. May the best team win and by no means your inane posts and banter will have any impact on the series...I'm just going to love the melt downs.....

Wow...way to respect Robert Horry...pure class...it must trickle down from Kobe.

E20
As of right now Chris Paul because he is younger and Point Guards are really hard to find. This was actually a very hard decision, because I could end up picking Kobe as well.

IronMexican
05-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Chris Paul, his age and to be that smart is unbelievable. and yes i'm a Laker fan.
for a season, kobe.

whottt
05-20-2008, 12:59 AM
It's too easy with you buddy....do you play for the spurs,
No idiot...I don't..and if you could read you'd see that I have never claimed I could.

you're not scared, what does that really mean.

It means exactly what I said...it's not real complex for non-idiots to figure out.

Do you really think you have an impact on the spurs success.
No...I don't think I have an impact on their success at all. And never said I did...ok well karmically I can do some shit...but as far as on the court contributions I don't do much to help the Spurs.

Really, do you. I won't be surprised if the Spurs win either,

Then why are you so pissed off?

All I did was fans of teams they don't play for if they'd have rather Kobe or Paul...and you went into complete dickhead mode instantly.

Like I said...that's telling you got so defensive or a simple honest question to fans of other teams about which one they'd rather have...

does that make any difference really.

Sure it does...it means you aren't as stupid as you seem to be in this thread.

All I did was ask the question and poof...you were instant asshole just because I asked the question.

Fuck off, if you can't handle this discussion. It's a legitimate basketball discussion and this isn't LG...

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Wow...way to respect Robert Horry...pure class...it must trickle down from Kobe.

Respect Horry really now....do you think he cares what I have to say. The dude is old and will play spot minutes at best. I will always respect him for what he accomplished in LA. Your calling me classless....

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:02 AM
No idiot...I don't..and if you could read you'd see that I have never claimed I could.

It means exactly what I said...it's not real complex for non-idiots to figure out.

No...I don't think I have an impact on their success at all. And never said I did...ok well karmically I can do some shit...but as far as on the court contributions I don't do much to help the Spurs.

Then why are you so pissed off?

All I did was fans of teams they don't play for if they'd have rather Kobe or Paul...and you went into complete dickhead mode instantly.

Like I said...that's telling you got so defensive or a simple honest question to fans of other teams about which one they'd rather have...

Sure it does...it means you aren't as stupid as you seem to be in this thread.

All I did was ask the question and poof...you were instant asshole just because I asked the question.

Fuck off, if you can't handle this discussion. It's a legitimate basketball discussion and this isn't LG...

Yes whottttttt...I will agree with you on one thing...Karma is a bitch.

E20
05-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Three T's, not 2............

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Paul 16
Kobe 27

Way too many people drinking the media coolaid.

You think Kobe could have taken this Hornets team as far as Paul has? You think he could have done it at 23?

If Paul had Shaq in his prime...we'd have just gotten fucking swept.

homer
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
I pick Paul

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa leave Kobe alone.Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:cry

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Yes whottttttt...I will agree with you on one thing...Karma is a bitch.

Karma doesn't like lying...

And Karma doesn't give a shit if I think Paul is better than Kobe.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Paul 16
Kobe 27

Way too many people drinking the media coolaid.

You think Kobe could have taken this Hornets team as far as Paul has? You think he could have done it at 23?

If Paul had Shaq in his prime...we'd have just gotten fucking swept.

Didn't Kobe have Shaq in his prime back in 01 when he was 22....yup...next. I wonder how that series turned out.

T Park
05-20-2008, 01:08 AM

Yeah he is.

Those two threes tonight were a dagger.

But denial looks like what your doing, so just keep it up.

T Park
05-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Didn't Kobe have Shaq in his prime back in 01 when he was 22....yup...next. I wonder how that series turned out.

Howd that 03 series turn out?

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Howd that 03 series turn out?

How did 04 turn....look we can now look to 08 to put it to bed so you can sleep at night...sheesh.

whottt
If was picking them for a game of one on one I take Kobe of course...

But the NBA isn't 1 on 1...it's 5 on 5 and IMO. Chris Paul is the best 5 on 5 player in the NBA...it's not even fucking close...in fact the last guy in the NBA that even comes close is Magic Johnson.

J.T.
I would go all analytical on SpursTalk like the great posters of this site, but whottt always does it for me.

Medvedenko

But the NBA isn't 1 on 1...it's 5 on 5 and IMO. Chris Paul is the best 5 on 5 player in the NBA...it's not even fucking close...in fact the last guy in the NBA that even comes close is Magic Johnson.

That is why I do what I do on this forum...for bs posts like this.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:12 AM
How did 04 turn...

Knocking the shit out of Tony Parker doesn't stop him anymore...do you remember 04? Do you remember what Parker was doing to you before Shaq started knocking the shit out of him?

He was the best player on the court in that series in the first 2 games.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:13 AM
PS: We don't have a Hedo to serve as Sixth Laker this time around.

If it makes you feel any better...beating the fucking Lakers will be a hell of a lot sweeter than the beating the Hornets...I actually kind of like the Hornets.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Knocking the shit out of Tony Parker doesn't stop him anymore...do you remember 04? Do you remember what Parker was doing to you before Shaq started knocking the shit out of him?

He was the best player on the court in that series in the first 2 games.

It's too bad the spurs didn't play 2 games that series.

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:14 AM
PS: We don't have a Hedo to serve as Sixth Laker this time around.

If it makes you feel any better...beating the fucking Lakers will be a hell of a lot sweeter than the beating the Hornets...I actually kind of like the Hornets.

I'm happy for you really. I hope the spurs win in 4 so I can see you bask in your awesomeness.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:15 AM

Kobe didn't have Bruce Bowen on him in 01...Chris Paul just did...and it sucked.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:16 AM
It's too bad the spurs didn't play 2 games that series.

Agree 100% :tu

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Oh and to everyone else reading this thread....you can join in anytime.

Dopey310
05-20-2008, 01:17 AM
do you remember 04?
Referring to 04 from a Spurs fan to a Lakers fan? lmao Being up 2-0 only to lose 4 in a row is nothing to brag about.:lmao

LA24
05-20-2008, 01:18 AM

Put Chris Paul on '06 and '07 Lakers and they don't make the playoffs.

Edit: But you put Jordan or Kobe on that team...and they do.

LakerFanSince84
05-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Pop's a little behind me on this sort of thing...

Do you honestly think Kobe is going to make other players better to the degree that Paul did?

He won't...he won't even come close to doing that.

Last time I checked Bryant's a 2 guard. That's almost as unfair as saying CP3 can't raise up over the fully extended arms of Bruce Bowen to nail a clutch 20 ft jump shot late in the 4th qtr. Point guards are supposed to make players around them better. Truth be told Bryant does in fact make his teammates better, and for a 2guard does it quite well.

LA24
05-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Kobe didn't have Bruce Bowen on him in 01...Chris Paul just did...and it sucked.

I know one thing, Kobe isn't going to lose any sleep over Bruce...but I can't say the same for Bowen.

J.T.
05-20-2008, 01:22 AM

Yeah, it's hard to not like David West because he grew up idolizing David and Tim, and he's a damn good player too. He was on tonight but for some reason they stopping going to him. I guess blame it on CP3 or Byron Scott. I thought Byron Scott coached a good series overall despite melting down at the end of Game 7 (Seriously, Pargo?). But he must have been doing something right if they pushed us to 7 games. Fans are saying that CP3 was classless for walking off the court without slapping hands, but they forget that he's a young player and this is his first time experiencing a playoff elimination. Obviously those are new emotions for him and he reacted negatively to them. I think he'll mature because of this situation and it will only help him get better. They'll be a solid team if they tweak their bench and get more experience together.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Last time I checked Bryant's a 2 guard.

Irrelevant to the discussion...you get one of them...why you choose is up to you.

That's almost as unfair as saying CP3 can't raise up over the fully extended arms of Bruce Bowen to nail a clutch 20 ft jump shot late in the 4th qtr.

Chris Paul basically tore the asshole out of whoever we had on him in this series...including Bruce Bowen. I've never seen Bruce lifted off a guard due to ineffectiveness like he was against Paul.

Not just because Paul was beating us with passes...but his scoring a real bitch to stop as the game wore on as well...finally, tonight, he was worn down.

Basically...after game 1 we gave up focusing on stopping Paul as the primary defense...because it was impossible to do.

Point guards are supposed to make players around them better. Truth be told Bryant does in fact make his teammates better, and for a 2guard does it quite well.

I will tell you this my friend...I've seen Kobe Bryant play a lot of games, I know Kobe's game very well..it is no mystery to me...and I am telling you right now that I would not have to think about it for a tenth of a second.

If you were to ask me would I take Bryant or Paul it would go like this:

You:W_
Me:Paul

LA24
05-20-2008, 01:34 AM

Great thing you're not the Lakers GM !!!!! :lmao

Bob Lanier
05-20-2008, 01:38 AM
whotttt'd take David Robinson over Kobe Bryant, too.

LA24
05-20-2008, 01:39 AM
For Laker's sake, I hope Spurs' coaching staff reads all of Whott's posts and take his suggestions. :p:

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:39 AM
whotttt'd take David Robinson over Kobe Bryant, too.

Without a doubt...Drob could win scoring titles shooting over 50%...he could also win rebounding and block titles...

Kobe wins shot attempt titles.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:42 AM
I would take Kobe over Vinny Del Negro if it makes you feel any better. :tu

Hell...if you gave David Robinson Derek Fisher...he'd have won a couple of NBA titles. No Shaq necessary.

Bob Lanier
05-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Who needs percentages? Robert Horry doesn't.

It's a pity all those pretty muscles and shooting percentage points couldn't buy him a jump hook.

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Be nice if you cocksucking LakerFan would stop voting in the f'n poll...notice how the Hornet Fans are abiding by the rules?

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Who needs percentages? Robert Horry doesn't.

It's a pity all those pretty muscles and shooting percentage points couldn't buy him a jump hook.

Yeah well...David Robinson made the playoffs with far shittier teams than Kobe missed them with.

You want to compare?

Bob Lanier
05-20-2008, 01:46 AM
You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

LA24
05-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Be nice if you cocksucking LakerFan would stop voting in the f'n poll...notice how the Hornet Fans are abiding by the rules?

My bad. I only saw Kobe and Paul...and not (For NON-Laker...).

We're "blind" homers, remember ?

whottt
05-20-2008, 01:56 AM
No but seriously...I've missed LakerFan. Sincerely.

Where you guys been anyway?

LakerFanSince84
05-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Irrelevant to the discussion...you get one of them...why you choose is up to you. Very relevant to the post that was quoted!

Chris Paul basically tore the asshole out of whoever we had on him in this series...including Bruce Bowen. I've never seen Bruce lifted off a guard due to ineffectiveness like he was against Paul.

Not just because Paul was beating us with passes...but his scoring a real bitch to stop as the game wore on as well...finally, tonight, he was worn down.

Basically...after game 1 we gave up focusing on stopping Paul as the primary defense...because it was impossible to do.

I will tell you this my friend...I've seen Kobe Bryant play a lot of games, I know Kobe's game very well..it is no mystery to me...and I am telling you right now that I would not have to think about it for a tenth of a second.

You:W_

Nothing of any substance, just a bunch of biased opinionated hot air.

This poll on a Spurs board is ridiculous to begin with, why would any true fan satiate an enemies ego by openly admitting how great their player is. A player that has handed out so much grief to that fans team in years past?

Not shocked at all by Whott's replies.

LA24
05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
No but seriously...I've missed LakerFan. Sincerely.

Where you guys been anyway?

Can't speak for others, but I was hiding under a rock with a burnt Laker flag cursing out Smush and Kwame Br....what's his name ?

whottt
05-20-2008, 02:03 AM
This poll on a Spurs board is ridiculous to begin with, why would any true fan satiate an enemies ego by openly admitting how great their player is.

I don't know douchebag...why is Kobe winning the poll?

A player that has handed out so much grief to that fans team in years past?

Hmm...Chris Paul just flopped, fouled, talked shit, glared, stared, sneered, and walked off the court without shaking anyone's hands...

What reasons has he given us to like him?

Kobe OTOH has always said fairly nice things about the Spurs. He's not a really a flopper or a shit talker...and other than his dumbass rip their hearts out BS in 01, he's basically been pretty complimentary of the Spurs...plus he and I were the only two people in the world that actually liked the Alamodome.

Nontheless...I think Kobe has some bigtime flaws in his game and always has. And I definitely think he's overrated as hell carrying the tag of best in the NBA...

I simply think Paul gets more out of his teamates than Kobe, and he's a real bitch as a scorer as well.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 02:24 AM
I pick Paul

WOW.......:bang

:lol

I may be biased, but in this season alone, Chris Paul got comparisons to Magic Johnson and eclipsed Steve Nash. The same Steve Nash who beat a stupid ass Kobe in 2006, 2007.

Chris Paul's already gotten Magic Johnson Comparisons, that weren't scoffed at...Chris Paul Playoffs 2008 arguably >>> Kobe 2008..

He gave two young players Chandler and West confidence. I don't think Kobe would have seen and made the most of CP3's squad.

My opinion may change after the WCF though.

LA24
05-20-2008, 02:30 AM
My opinion may change after the WCF though.

If all is well with Kobe health wise. He'll be reminding you guys that he's a bigger bitch to deal with than Paul (on the court). Kobe is a cold blooded assassin and he has help now.

LakerFanSince84
05-20-2008, 02:34 AM
I don't know douchebag...why is Kobe winning the poll?I don't know, some Spurs fans find it odd contradicting their very own coach perhaps? (and I'm the douchebag?)

Hmm...Chris Paul just flopped, fouled, talked shit, glared, stared, sneered, and walked off the court without shaking anyone's hands...

What reasons has he given us to like him? You guys won the series though, that's why you're all wet over him. It's human nature! You know damn well you wouldn't be rubbing your clit over him on a night he eliminated your team!

other than his dumbass rip their hearts out BS in 01, he's basically been pretty complimentary of the Spurs...

Other than the rip their hearts out thing?

You gotta be putting me on with that!

That's like saying, other than that time that dude kneed me in the balls and took my wallet, he really has been nice to me. I'm sure you love Kobe now that all that time has passed between now and then. RIGHT!

Nontheless...I think Kobe has some bigtime flaws in his game and always has. And I definitely think he's overrated as hell carrying the tag of best in the NBA...

Sure you do.

I simply think Paul gets more out of his teamates than Kobe, and he's a real bitch as a scorer as well.

Again, Bryant's not supposed to get as much out of his teammates as Paul does. PG vs SG.

I do know this though, in a game 7 on his home court, 24 isn't letting his team lose the series!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 02:35 AM
If all is well with Kobe health wise. He'll be reminding you guys that he's a bigger bitch to deal with than Paul (on the court). Kobe is a cold blooded assassin and he has help now.
I hope he doesn't but I wouldn't be surprised if he's too good to answer. (makes the right play every time, passing out, etc. attacking.)

I was just really impressed with Paul's performance against us. I didn't realize how unique he was. He did what Steve Nash couldn't. Which was get more than two (convincing) wins against us in a seven game series.

whottt
05-20-2008, 02:43 AM
I don't know, some Spurs find it odd contradicting their very own coach perhaps? (and I'm the douchebag?)

If Pop listened to me we'd have about 3 more titles than we have now.

You guys won the series though, that's why you're all wet over him. It's human nature! You know damn well you wouldn't be rubbing your clit over him on a night he eliminated your team!

No...we were pretty much all wet over him throughout the series...even the ones who can't stand his attitude.

You gotta be putting me on with that!

That's like saying, other than that time that dude kneed me in the balls and took my wallet, he really has been nice to me. I'm sure you love Kobe now that all that time has passed between now and then. RIGHT!

Eh...the crying :

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/kobeinside.jpg

after 03 took away the sting from the rip their hearts out comment...

Derek Fisher is higher on the pain list right now...

Since that time Kobe has said Manu is his favorite player to watch.
In 02 when Duncan won the MVP Kobe was the only guy saying Duncan deserved it(and :lol Shaq was pissed off he didn't win it).
And dozens of countless generous comments about the Spurs since then...

Plus in 05 Kobe said the Lakers didn't even belong on the same court as us...

He's said nice things...

But that doesn't make him better than Paul IMO.

Again, Bryant's not supposed to get as much out of his teammates as Paul does. PG vs SG.

Right...and that's why I personally feel we match up with you guys a hell of a lot better than the Hornets...not having Bynum is huge for you guys.

I do know this though, in a game 7 on his home court, 24 isn't letting his team lose the series!

Maybe...if it goes 7 games.

LakerFanSince84
05-20-2008, 02:53 AM
If Pop listened to me we'd have about 3 more titles than we have now. I think that's a good note to end this debate on. :shootme