PDA

View Full Version : Jannero Pargo

DriveFor5
05-20-2008, 12:37 AM
It's funny how everyone wants to be a hero in this league. I think he cost his team the 4th quarter. Hilarious.

Darcus
05-20-2008, 12:38 AM
What exactly did Pargo do wrong? I was really surprised he scored as many points as he did. I wasn't really having high hopes for him at all, to be honest. He's been really bad the last few games.

jag
05-20-2008, 12:40 AM
I think if the Spurs win the title Pargo should get a ring. That bitch needs to learn his role...he singlehandedly took Chris Paul out of the last 5 minutes of that game.

Armando
05-20-2008, 12:41 AM
I think if the Spurs win the title Pargo should get a ring. That bitch needs to learn his role...he singlehandedly took Chris Paul out of the last 5 minutes of that game.

and West

Beno Udrih
05-20-2008, 12:41 AM

:lol Yeah he did a better job on Paul and West then the Spurs did all series long.

:toast Thanks JP.

bdictjames
05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
You guys have got to be kidding me.

alon504
05-20-2008, 12:43 AM
I was surprised by how much time Pargo had tonight. He's a great scorer and I think Scott was trying to utilize the bench. But, he's a little sloppy, IMO, and I was pretty surprised how much time he had tonight.

csaenz
05-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Separated at birth?

http://www.naiditch.net/jpargo_files/jpargo-hornets.jpg

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Jar-Jar-Binks-Poster-Card-C10227315.jpeg

Kind of a resemblance... And yeah, it was great seeing him try to take over the game, but West disappeared after the first quarter while Paul was a really a non-factor compared to his other performances. Add Peja's now legendary choking propensity, and what else was he going to do? I mean, geez, Bonzi missed a wide-open layup at one point. It was hilarious! Just that kind of night.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2008, 12:45 AM
He brought them back and then tried to do it all on his own. This series cost him some $$$ though, if he played like he did last year, they would have prob renegotiated his contract, due to his option this summer

DDS4
05-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Somebody had to take the shots and he was the hottest one in the 4th.

I thought the Hornets went away from West, which was a shame.

mVp
He was definitely unconscious, but that's what happens when he caught fire. He's a streaky shooter, that's what streaky shooters do.

Beno Udrih
He brought them back and then tried to do it all on his own. This series cost him some $$$ though, if he played like he did last year, they would have prob renegotiated his contract, due to his option this summer

Agreed. After it was down to like 3, passing the ball to the guys who got you there to begin with (paul/west) would have been more clutch then trying to do it on his own.

Beno Udrih
05-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Somebody had to take the shots and he was the hottest one in the 4th.

I thought the Hornets went away from West, which was a shame.

Doesn't matter how hot you are. Theres a difference between chiefs and Indians. JP needs to know his role.

CP3-MVP
05-20-2008, 12:52 AM
to be fair it didnt seem like anyone else wanted to shoot the ball with confidence. someone had to do it so it had to be him. i had no problem with him shooting the ball.

the hornets lost this game. missed layups and free throws and peja dissapearing, our defense wasnt horrible but our offense was awful. plain and simple.

Loose Cannon
05-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Pargo tried to step up because Paul and West refused to. He's not a superstar and he never will be, but he sure as shit showed more moxy in game 7 than Paul/West did.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
sons Pargo was the only reason that we made it close at the end ... ball hog West, Paul, and Peja forgot that we had a game tonight.

jag
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
sons Pargo was the only reason that we made it close at the end ... ball hog West, Paul, and Peja forgot that we had a game tonight.

Paul didn't have any opportunity to create down the stretch...the ball was in Pargo's hands the entire time. Why not trust your best players when it matters most, when your season depends on it?

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Paul didn't have any opportunity to create down the stretch...the ball was in Pargo's hands the entire time. Why not trust your best players when it matters most, when your season depends on it?

Paul had countless opportunities to make a difference tonight and he couldn't deliver. He was just off tonight .... Paul saw that Pargo was hot so he kept feeding him the ball.

Loose Cannon
05-20-2008, 01:08 AM

Because basically for the last 24 minutes of the ballgame when we were in foul trouble both Paul and West refused to drive the ball to the hoop and take advantage of it.

If I'm a Hornets fan I don't blame Pargo for forcing shots. I blame Paul and West for making themselves so invisible that someone like Pargo decided that to win this game, it was himself or nothing. That or the dynasty they ran into.

jag
05-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Paul had countless opportunities to make a difference tonight and he couldn't deliver. He was just off tonight .... Paul saw that Pargo was hot so he kept feeding him the ball.

Let's just say i was happy to see Pargo running the offense by himself.

ancestron
05-20-2008, 01:17 AM
that girls got a big fat ass.

homer
05-20-2008, 01:19 AM

Manu wan-a-be:lol:sleep

curtismedellin
05-20-2008, 03:53 AM

Hell no, that chick (Jamie Koeppe)is hot!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 04:50 AM
I didn't see the problem with them feeding the hot hand. Spurs slacked off defending him. Chris Paul didn't force his game when shots werent' falling.

I don't know if we'd be calling him out New Orleans for using Pargo for that little run, had he made that one last minute three pointer, he would have tied the game. Luckily his magic ran out and nobody will really remember him. He might be traded in the offseason even.

byrontx
05-20-2008, 07:00 AM
That girl is wayyyy toooo beefy. Someone has to do them, though.

TampaDude
05-20-2008, 07:12 AM

I'm 6'2" @ 240...she's just right for me...I'd ravage that shit... :hat

Ignignokt
05-20-2008, 08:04 AM

Appogiatura, nice.. I too am a music major.

You see honey,

Take a look at her waist. THat my freind is a good body. Thin waist, big booty. If you had that, which you might, i wouldn't deny you. Girls with big butts and small waists get the most love out of me. Just love to put my arms around something substantive in a women. When a woman has curves like that, a man will put up with so much shit, it's not even funny.

A body like that will be pleased during and after sex.

That's what you need to understand.

(disclaimer:if you're not legal, disregard the innuendo)

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Appogiatura, nice.. I too am a music major.

You see honey,

Take a look at her waist. THat my freind is a good body. Thin waist, big booty. If you had that, which you might, i wouldn't deny you. Girls with big butts and small waists get the most love out of me. Just love to put my arms around something substantive in a women. When a woman has curves like that, a man will put up with so much shit, it's not even funny.

A body like that will be pleased during and after sex.

That's what you need to understand.

(disclaimer:if you're not legal, disregard the innuendo)

brilliant post son. agreed 100%. A for effort.

Ignignokt
05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
brilliant post son. agreed 100%. A for effort.

:toast

SAGambler
05-20-2008, 08:24 AM

Agreed. Pargo was the one man I thought we had to be careful guarding when this series started. Figuring he would be on the floor with our bench players guarding him, I was afraid he would go off. Luckily, he wasn't "on" for most of the series, but last night he did show a flash of what I have seen from him before. So much of a flash, he almost got the Hornets back after the Spurs gave up (one more fucking time) a big lead.

timvp
05-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Without Pargo, the Hornets lose last night by 25. Pargo was fearless and almost single-handedly led them to victory.

DarrinS
05-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Without Pargo, the Hornets lose last night by 25. Pargo was fearless and almost single-handedly led them to victory.

truth

Jon1798
05-20-2008, 08:31 AM

Exactly. Am I the only one that saw Pargo erase a 15 point Spur lead in the fourth quarter and give us a chance to move on? I don't know what his deal was this series. He shot so well all season, and then disappeared until the last quarter of the last game. Yes, he has always been reckless with the ball, but he has great handles, and he can light up the scoreboard real fast, which is what he did last night, and what we needed down 15.

said7
05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
He was the only one with a sac. When's the last time Stevenson (or any of their bench) even attempted a shot.

Seeing him run the show was lol tho.

mrspurs
05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
CP3 took himself out of the game....when noone wanted to play or shall i say when the Hornets got scared....pargo was the only one playing like there is no tomorrow.....go spurs go

timvp
05-20-2008, 08:38 AM
When's the last time Stevenson (or any of their bench) even attempted a shot.He got a pretty good shot on LeBron earlier in the playoffs.

SAGambler
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Exactly. Am I the only one that saw Pargo erase a 15 point Spur lead in the fourth quarter and give us a chance to move on? I don't know what his deal was this series. He shot so well all season, and then disappeared until the last quarter of the last game. Yes, he has always been reckless with the ball, but he has great handles, and he can light up the scoreboard real fast, which is what he did last night, and what we needed down 15.

Maybe he is taking lessons from Manu. That's kind of the player Manu has been for us. You just have to live with his recklessness, because you know he is going to bring you something positive before the night is over.

MoSpur
05-20-2008, 08:41 AM
I actually applaud Pargo. He was one who really tried to get the Hornets back in it. I think he may have tried too hard, but he at least tried.

SAGambler
05-20-2008, 08:42 AM
CP3 took himself out of the game....when noone wanted to play or shall i say when the Hornets got scared....pargo was the only one playing like there is no tomorrow.....go spurs go

Wonder if we could get him to back up Tony, and send Vaughn into retirement? Isn't he going to be a free agent this year? Could be worth pursuing.

Jon1798
05-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Maybe he is taking lessons from Manu. That's kind of the player Manu has been for us. You just have to live with his recklessness, because you know he is going to bring you something positive before the night is over.

Yes, except Manu is way better. Pargo can be a real detriment at times. It really bothers me that Pargo and Bonzi Wells played so well this season and were AWFUL in the biggest series of the year. It's frustrating.

Spurminator
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM

I thought he helped bring the Hornets close when the Spurs couldn't buy a basket, but once he got his confidence up he took them right back out of the game. He deserves credit for his play at the beginning of the fourth but once they got back in it, they needed to get the ball back into Paul's hands.

After cutting the lead to 4 with 3 minutes left, Pargo took 7 shots and made one. The rest of the team took 5 shots in that span.

Maybe the Hornets wouldn't have been any better off if they had run the offense through Paul and West, but as a Spurs fan I was actively rooting for Pargo to take every shot down the stretch.

nkdlunch
05-20-2008, 09:17 AM
it is not Janero Pargo's fault that everyone else in a Hornet uniform was scared like a petrified puppy. A petrified puppy!!!!

http://www.espnradio1310.com/images/gallery/2006/stephensmith.jpg

MrChug
05-20-2008, 09:27 AM
(just copying and pasting from another post :) )

Speaking of role players, Pargo always scared me because he's had a hell of a breakout year but he's a journeyman. A scrub by nature.

FACT: He hit big shots.

FACT: He shot the Hornets back into the game.

FACT: Watch the tape: his head got too big (wait, no pun intended: I know his head is HUGE for his body) and he kept shooting and shot the HorNOTS right back out of the game.

Moral of the story: Role players need to know their role. They are not the stars.

ElNono
05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
http://www.espnradio1310.com/images/gallery/2006/stephensmith.jpg

Is that Janero Pargo's dad?

T Park
05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd still take Jannero pargo on the Spurs as the backup point.

Ever since he was a FA with the Chicago Bulls, I wanted him as the backup point. Now hes probably locked up for a while in New Orleans.

MrChug
05-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Um..if the Hornets didn't want Pargo shooting the ball they wouldn't run the offensive through him!

And Pargo didn't make Paul miss that lay up with 30 seconds left in the game.

Pargo was incredible last night, in the 4th quarter he played better than both Paul and West combined..so stop talking shit about him!

The Hornets have only 2 stars on their team and they both sucked at the end of the game..one of their role players had to step up..and that was Pargo.

Damn look at our 2 stars last night in the second half..Duncan and Manu were combined 0-12! Luckily we had Parker make that huge basket with one minute left

"Um"...no jackass they did NOT run the offensive :nopethrough him, he played the two on the floor with Chris Paul at the point through his rise (and subsequent fall) in the fourth.

ONLY HAVE TWO STARS on their team?!?! Heard of Tyson Chandler before? Umm...? Wait, an AllStar on their team named Peja Stojakovic I think :lol. That Bonzi Wells dude ain't too bad either jackass. Here's the point: WE MADE THEM LOOK BAD SO GIVE US CREDIT. So before you unzip Pargo's fly, consider those.

Watch the tape (as I did) or check your facts before you start trying to "talk shit" about things you don't know about...:lmao

koriwhat
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
When a woman has curves like that, a man will put up with so much shit, it's not even funny.

that's my dilemma right now. i ain't bitching but damn sometimes i just wanna run away due to her psychotic thinking but then i remember what i get to sleep with on a daily basis and well... yep i love me a big butt. this chick is stacked! mmm mmmm mmm. i love it. the drama though i can't stand.

i actually broke it off with this chick last wednesday and was back at her house on friday. i just couldn't resist. damnit!

curtismedellin
05-20-2008, 10:30 AM

Google her bro, it's worth it.

LakerHater
05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
http://px6.funformobile.com/ds_img.php?i=pargospurs.jpg&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

EricB
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Why...

He's locked up in Europe on top of it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
He was so horrible in Olympiacos and you want him in Spurs? He was probably the 2nd worst player Olympiacos had all year. In the Euroleague level he was almost embarrassing he was so bad. No to him for Spurs.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Why...

He's locked up in Europe on top of it.

Actually Olympiacos cut him.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
I am still wondering why people blame him when he was the sole reason they got that close and scared me and other fans to death. He might have taken one shot too many but nobody else wanted to nor had the heart he did late!

He hit quite a few threes and got to the line as well, he was a one man machine for a few mins.