PDA

View Full Version : Laker Fan Here

KOBES81
05-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Was just wondering if I found the right place for lively conversation with knowledgeable and classy basketball fans who welcome opposing teams fans as honored guests?

Allanon
05-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Was just wondering if I found the right place for lively conversation with knowledgeable and classy basketball fans who welcome opposing teams fans as honored guests?

Honored? Heheh, no. Tolerated...yes...at least until the Spurs get sent fishin'

admiraldude
05-20-2008, 01:42 AM
i hope not

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2008, 01:43 AM

I'll say this, you won't get banned for your opinion. That in itself is worth gold. I won't promise you that you'll be welcomed with open arms... because... after all, this is a Spurs board, and you're a Laker fan :lol

LA24
05-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Fuck you. Get the fuck out. You and your team suck shit...a lot of it.

Expect something like that here if you're a Laker fan.
But...that's why I'm here. LOL.

Helix Versa
05-20-2008, 01:50 AM
With the wideopen stance of this board, it will certainly be pretty interesting to see the conversations that will pop up.

Darcus
05-20-2008, 01:50 AM

There are good guys here, but there are a lot of idiots here as well. So while you'll get what you want, you'll also get a lot that you don't want.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Spurs fans are actually quite nice until they start losing. It was funny to see the change when they went down 0-2 to the Hornets. They started pulling out Katrina jokes of all things....

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Spurs fans are actually quite nice until they start losing. It was funny to see the change when they went down 0-2 to the Hornets. They started pulling out Katrina jokes of all things....

Come on Dazed, don't take things out of context. Hornet fans are the ones that started with the city and racial smack. If you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen. You know what I'm saying.

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 01:53 AM
I'll say this, you won't get banned for your opinion. That in itself is worth gold. I won't promise you that you'll be welcomed with open arms... because... after all, this is a Spurs board, and you're a Laker fan :lol

I got suspended for 24 hours for some of my comments in the Game 5 NO/SA game thread....I am pretty sure the comment that did it was "What is that sticking out of Duncan's back, a giant fork?" but received no official confirmation.

A little suspending among friends is no problem! :monkey

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2008, 01:56 AM
I got suspended for 24 hours for some of my comments in the Game 5 NO/SA game thread....I am pretty sure the comment that did it was "What is that sticking out of Duncan's back, a giant fork?" but received no official confirmation.

a suspension is not a ban now, is it? Of course, I don't know why you got suspended or by whom, but I will tell you that its pretty damn hard to get banned or even suspended here. I don't know what you said, but I'm quite sure it must have been inappropriate

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 01:57 AM
a suspension is not a ban now, is it? Of course, I don't know why you got suspended or by whom, but I will tell you that its pretty damn hard to get banned or even suspended here. I don't know what you said, but I'm quite sure it must have been inappropriate

It really wasn't that bad, but Spur fan was a little touchy at that stage of the series. They seem in much better spirits tonight, who would have guessed? :lol

Sasha
05-20-2008, 02:00 AM

Yeah...right.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2008, 02:02 AM
It really wasn't that bad, but Spur fan was a little touchy at that stage of the series. They seem in much better spirits tonight, who would have guessed? :lol

weird, ain't it?

LakerFanSince84
05-20-2008, 02:05 AM
I'm new here as well.

I like how I actually thought (even for a millisecond) that I'd be the cleaver Laker fan with 14 Championship trophies in my sig.

Savvy bastards!:D

Kobe™
05-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Check ..

Helix Versa
05-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Here to support fellow members of the Laker Legions!

Helix Versa
05-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Of course in a respectful, decent, and honest way...

KOBES81
05-20-2008, 02:17 AM
There was me, that is Ricky G, and my three droogs, that is Amigo, Peat, and Vlade, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/chabrieres/clockwork_orange/moloko.jpg

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Of course in a respectful, decent, and honest way...

just know that's not a requirement here. You won't get banned for cursing if that's what you're thinking. I like your approach though.

Lakers Dynasty
05-20-2008, 02:22 AM
There was me, that is Ricky G, and my three droogs, that is Amigo, Peat, and Vlade, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/chabrieres/clockwork_orange/moloko.jpg

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.

It's on, my friend.

It's on.

IronMexican
05-20-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm new here as well.

I like how I actually thought (even for a millisecond) that I'd be the cleaver Laker fan with 14 Championship trophies in my sig.

damn nice avatar man!

Critter
05-20-2008, 02:24 AM
:)

Helix Versa
05-20-2008, 02:26 AM
The 14 O'Briens is a sight to behold, isn't it?

KOBES81
05-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Funny thing is that they always seem to start out the same way. Overconfident and smug. Then after a bit of the old in-out in-out, they get this look.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews33/a%20clockwork%20orange/clockwork%20orange%20PDVD_013.jpg

I wonder how long it will be for this group. Pretty soon someone will emerge as the level headed voice of reason. It's always fun to see that one do the melt down eruption.

Tek_XX
05-20-2008, 02:31 AM
I wonder how long it takes Kori to clean out all the dead accounts once the fakers are defeated?

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2008, 02:33 AM
I wonder how long it takes Kori to clean out all the dead accounts once the fakers are defeated?

I can[t believe "Lakers" wasn't taken till today, i kid you not.

Discoflux
05-20-2008, 02:36 AM
The Spurs have no idea what the Lakers are about to do to them. Let them remain overconfident and cocky... that's right, they're the defending champions, bow down to them....haha get ready for the smackdown.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2008, 02:37 AM
The Spurs have no idea what the Lakers are about to do to them. Let them remain overconfident and cocky... that's right, they're the defending champions, bow down to them....haha get ready for the smackdown.

You should change your team

Tek_XX
05-20-2008, 02:38 AM
I can[t believe "Lakers" wasn't taken till today, i kid you not.

Your avatar is mesmerizing

LakerFanSince84
05-20-2008, 02:43 AM
damn nice avatar man!
Thank you sir!

In sports you here the words Silver&Black you only think of one team!

McFadden = ROY!

KOBES81
05-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Just a little tid-bit to keep in mind after the spurms plane gets into LAX early this morning and they barely have a day to prepare. Phil Jackson teams are 24-0 in playoff series in which they win the first game. When you see Laker fans chanting for tacos on Wednesday you will know it means your ass.

http://www.nba.com/media/phil_jackson_300_070402.jpg

Tek_XX
05-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Just a little tid-bit to keep in mind after the spurms plane gets into LAX early this morning and they barely have a day to prepare. Phil Jackson teams are 24-0 in playoff series in which they win the first game. When you see Laker fans chanting for tacos on Wednesday you will know it means your ass.

The Spurms? Oh lordy let the trolling begin.

hsxvvd
05-20-2008, 02:51 AM

Correction. I made Katrina jokes before game 1.

Kobe™
05-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I will not lose.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM

I don't even know who temporarily banned you. :lol We had temp mods in charge because we weren't home, but I unbanned you when I saw it.

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 08:44 AM

It must be nice having the Colorado Rapist in your team.

Not to worry, that rapist will be held in check by Bruce Bowen . . . who will show him how it feels to get fucked.

Ginofan
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Are we really going to do that "Rapist" thing? it was soooo 2004.

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 09:03 AM

Honored? Probably not. :)

Welcome? yes.

Nothing wrong with you sticking with your team and nothing wrong with predicting them to win and you will find that if you stick to basketball and avoid things like city smack, conspiracy theories and "Spurs fans are...."(implying ALL of them) statements, you will enjoy it here and stay for a long time.

:toast

Mamba24
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
If you are a Lakers fans, you are gonna be called everything but the child of God. Phil's a prick, Kobe's a prick, we're all pricks, we're all rich, we're all glamorous, we're all fake, none of us are real Laker fans. Fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck the Lakers is what you are going to hear. Oh, and Fisher's shot was lucky, and Kobe's still a prick. Those are things you are going to hear at least once. Compared to Utah's fans, (some) Spurs fans might actually be tolerable.

Ginofan
05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
If you are a Lakers fans, you are gonna be called everything but the child of God. Phil's a prick, Kobe's a prick, we're all pricks, we're all rich, we're all glamorous, we're all fake, none of us are real Laker fans. Fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck the Lakers is what you are going to hear. Oh, and Fisher's shot was lucky, and Kobe's still a prick. Those are things you are going to hear at least once. Compared to Utah's fans, (some) Spurs fans might actually be tolerable.

:lol You've been here all of what 20 something posts and you've already seen all of that?

wildbill2u
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

If you Laker guys want to talk to classy fans, go to the Philadelphia 76ers website. :wow

MisterWhodat
05-20-2008, 09:23 AM
The cool thing about this board is that they actually let other teams fans get on here and have conversations. And I know most are trolls and assholes but not all... Some of the other team boards are so full of shit, if you even put that you are a Spurs fan on the phoenix board you don't get accepted.

Anyway welcome to the board...Spurs in 6

implacable44
05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
What I want to know Laker fan -- is Does David Stern acutally have a jersey and if so will his number be retired one day ?

Also -if LAkers win a ring - will the Memphis front office get rings too ?

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Are we really going to do that "Rapist" thing? it was soooo 2004.

Once a rapist . . . .

PwrGetter
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
What I want to know Laker fan -- is Does David Stern acutally have a jersey and if so will his number be retired one day ?

Also -if LAkers win a ring - will the Memphis front office get rings too ?

Memphis FO shouldve gotten Exec of the year IMO.

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't even know who temporarily banned you. :lol We had temp mods in charge because we weren't home, but I unbanned you when I saw it.

LOL, thanks Kori!

I wasn't even as bad as I normally am so I figured you guys were out watching the game somewhere.

No biggie, I am glad to be back (temporarily?) :married:

SpurAddict561
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
at least there won't be any more Katrina talks

that shit was low

2centsworth
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm new here as well.

that 14 championships has to be the most overrated accomplishment of all-time. Most of those were won in Minneapolis when there were only 4 teams in the entire league. You had a 25% chance to win at jump.

Taco
05-20-2008, 11:31 AM
welcome opposing teams fans as honored guests?

Honored ? :nope

Welcomed? Sure why not!:toast

:flag:

DDS4
05-20-2008, 11:33 AM

Not every Spur fan is like that. IMO, bringing up Katrina is pretty low.

KB_MVP
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Wow some people just like to talk about basketball and actualy respect the other team... after reading this and other things that were said all i got to say is fu** you guys and I have no respect for MOST of you spurs fans on here!

It will be a godd series but I hope the lakers come out on top. Im not afraid to admit it though, if i grew up in SA id be a spurs fan also but i didnt and you guys would love the lakers if you grew up in la! GO LAKERS

awktalk
05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Your team after the Spurs leave on Friday night up 2-0:

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/674/gasoltp3.jpg

smeagol
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Is the New LakerLanny (green) = the Old LakerLanny (black)?

1usamotorsports.com
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm197/07usamotorsports/kobewho.jpg

Extra Stout
that 14 championships has to be the most overrated accomplishment of all-time. Most of those were won in Minneapolis when there were only 4 teams in the entire league. You had a 25% chance to win at jump.

And the other three teams didn't even have basketball players. They were poodles. Back then, the NBA was a competitor to the American Kennel Club.

PwrGetter
05-20-2008, 11:46 AM
sexy

ReverendDave
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Greetings and salutations Spurs fans and my Lakers sisters and brothers from other mothers! This is a glorious time of the year, is it not? I, for one, am pumped about my beloved Lakers playing the Spurs. It will be an epic battle for the ages with the Lakers winning game 6 in San Antonio.

Oh, yes, the quote from above,..shut the fuck up, kind sir. Nine out of the fourteen championships were won in Los Angeles. Since when is 5 > 9? Are all of the teams' histories that were around before San Antonio supposed be forgotten? For a place whose motto is to remember a small brick building in the middle of nowhere, that sure seems lame.

http://www.lakersbrethren.net/files/LetsGoLakers.gif

Extra Stout
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh, yes, the quote from above,..shut the fuck up, kind sir. Nine out of the fourteen championships were won in Los Angeles. Since when is 5 < 9? Are all of the teams' histories that were around before San Antonio supposed be forgotten? For a place whose motto is to remember a small brick building in the middle of nowhere, that sure seems lame.

But for at least three of those LA titles, namely the ones between 1875 and 1877, the Lakers were actually the only team in the NBA. Since actual games could not be held, they just had 82 intrasquad scrimmages and then awarded the Lakers the title.

Should those count?

2centsworth
05-20-2008, 12:17 PM
And the other three teams didn't even have basketball players. They were poodles. Back then, the NBA was a competitor to the American Kennel Club.

equilvalent to the globe trotters counting their championships against the washington generals.

ReverendDave
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
But for at least three of those LA titles, namely the ones between 1875 and 1877, the Lakers were actually the only team in the NBA. Since actual games could not be held, they just had 82 intrasquad scrimmages and then awarded the Lakers the title.

Should those count?

Me? Personally, I don't give a shit what the Lakers did before they got to Los Angeles. I suppose the '72 title is tainted as well because San Antonio was still an itch in the NBA's pants?

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Since when is 5 < 9?

Since um always.

2centsworth
05-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Greetings and salutations Spurs fans and my Lakers sisters and brothers from other mothers! This is a glorious time of the year, is it not? I, for one, am pumped about my beloved Lakers playing the Spurs. It will be an epic battle for the ages with the Lakers winning game 6 in San Antonio.

Oh, yes, the quote from above,..shut the fuck up, kind sir. Nine out of the fourteen championships were won in Los Angeles. Since when is 5 < 9? Are all of the teams' histories that were around before San Antonio supposed be forgotten? For a place whose motto is to remember a small brick building in the middle of nowhere, that sure seems lame.

http://www.lakersbrethren.net/files/LetsGoLakers.gif

I'm sure it was just a coincidence Magic went to LA and Bird went to Boston, year right:lol.

Atleast we admit we're lucky ping pong ball catching fools.

RandomGuy
05-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Wheee. This thread gives me an incredible feeling of deva vu...

Step 1:
Oringial post = "Hi I am a fan of the opposing team"

Step 2:
Usual original reply = "Hello. Welcome to Spurtalk"

Step 3:
Spurs homer = " eat shit and die"

Step 4:
opposing fan homer = "you guys will gargle our balls"

Step 5:
spurs reg = "don't worry too much about the homers"

Step 6:
Begin general smack talk.

:lol

Ah well.

Welcome to the board, keep in mind there are all varieties of Spurs fans here. The best you can say about this particular board is that there are some REALLY saavy people here who know a lot about basket ball, and the mods are pretty cool.

Read the FAQ, though.

BlingX14
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=peewee's lovechild;2516990]It must be nice having the Colorado Rapist in your team.

Why are we bringing up the Nuggets again? :lol

Discoflux
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Putting a photo of Hiroshima on this website is totally disrespectful of the lives that were lost and the tragedy of war. The horror in those children's eyes running naked away from their village is probably the saddest image you could ever find. To mock them and their misery is so beyond heartless, you should really be embarrassed of yourself, awtalk. What's next, WWII gas chamber photos in Auschwitz to describe Kobe?

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Putting a photo of Hiroshima on this website is totally disrespectful of the lives that were lost and the tragedy of war. The horror in those children's eyes running naked away from their village is probably the saddest image you could ever find. To mock them and their misery is so beyond heartless, you should really be embarrassed of yourself, awtalk. What's next, WWII gas chamber photos in Auschwitz to describe Kobe?

That was Vietnam, not Hiroshima.

That doesn't make it better though.

ClingingMars
05-20-2008, 03:27 PM

:cry

dont stay in the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.

- Mars

Discoflux
05-20-2008, 03:28 PM
:cry

dont stay in the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.

- Mars

GFY