PDA

View Full Version : Role Players

smeagol
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Props to out role players! This W belongs to them.

The interesting thing about tonights game is that IMO, the big three played a sub-par game. They did hit some timely shots (Parker's 18 footer, Manu's FT at the end, etc) but I loved what Ime (hittings threes and crashing the bioards), Finley (hitting two threes in the limited minutes he played), Big Shot Rob (those two threes were a thing of beauty!), Kurt Thomas (those O boards were spectacular) and Fab (he had a great game crashing the boards and distributing the ball).

In summary, we won this game because our role players showed up in a big way. The big three did what they were supposed to do, but were very inneficient. Hat's off to Ime, Kurt, Bob, Fab and Michael.

Nikos
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Agreed. This was the first game where I really got the sense the role players were stepping up and making a huge difference. Moreso than the shots was the hustle and rebounding by Thomas, Horry, and Udoka. I was even saying to myself, "good hustle" when Horry was just getting his hands on the ball (even if the result was the Hornets retaining possession or getting a rebound.

If they can continue to contribute, anything is possible.

Ignignokt
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Facials to argentina!!!!

her her her !!!

Bloatations!!

Victoria, Texas!!

nkdlunch
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Everyone in a Spurs uniform played well. This is a first.

MrChug
05-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Speaking of role players, Pargo always scared me because he's had a hell of a breakout year but he's a journeyman. A scrub by nature.

FACT: He hit big shots.

FACT: He shot the Hornets back into the game.

FACT: Watch the tape: his head got too big (wait, no irony intended: I know his head is HUGE for his body) and he kept shooting and shot the HorNOTS right back out of the game.

Moral of the story: Role players need to know their role. They are not the stars.