PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse picks Spurs to win it all

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Jerry, on Mike and Mike on ESPN was asked to give his analysis of Lakers-Spurs series and he said that he thinks SA will take out the Lakers because LA has nobody to guard Tim Duncan. He said that Pau will provide matchup problems for SA as well, but he thinks TD will have a monster series(I do as well) He said that there will be some high tension and some bad blood in the series because of Kobe and Bruce's matchup so the series will be very competitive and entertaining.

Then Greenie asked Jerry who of the remaining 4four teams will take home the trophy and Jerry said very succinctly, "Spurs"

I always knew Jerry was a great bball mind.

:toast

mystargtr34
05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Fuck Jerry Stackhouse :lol

MoSpur
05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I heard that too. He said that the Lakers will have a hard time guarding Duncan.

ElNono
05-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I heard that too. He said that the Lakers will have a hard time guarding Duncan.

Man speaks from experience.

stxspurs
05-20-2008, 08:42 AM
duncan will be huge in this series!

mrspurs
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
crackhouse needs to start his career on espn boring talk shows....right now....go spurs go

MI21
05-20-2008, 09:09 AM
He said that there will be some high tension and some bad blood in the series because of Kobe and Bruce's matchup so the series will be very competitive and entertaining.

I don't think there will be much bad blood between Bruce and Kobe.

Kobe, unlike Carter, Allen, Paul, Francis etc is not a whiny bitch. If Bruce tries dirty crap on Kobe, it is likely Kobe will respond by kicking his ass on the court, or at least trying his hardest too.

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Greg Anthony just picked Spurs over Lakers as well on ESPN First take, Now, I repect these NBA player's opinions a lot more than the national scribes who just give in to the hype all the time to sell papers and garner ratings. These two players have both been eliminated by TD and his Spurs so they know first hand what the Lakers are dealing with.

texasqb2
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't think there will be much bad blood between Bruce and Kobe.

Kobe, unlike Carter, Allen, Paul, Francis etc is not a whiny bitch. If Bruce tries dirty crap on Kobe, it is likely Kobe will respond by kicking his ass on the court, or at least trying his hardest too.

I agree and that's why I respect Kobe. He never bitches about Bruce, always talks about how much he respects Bruce and the Spurs organization. Kobe thrives on Bruce's defense, he is the ultimate competitor.

Sportcamper
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I just think that it is time to punish floppers…I have written David Stern to complain about Ginobili & other Euro Spurs players who routinely fall down when the opposition is still several feet away…This is NOT play-off basketball..:ihit

tmtcsc
05-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, Greg Anthony was burned by picking the Hornets and Suns over the Spurs. Maybe he's come around. I still can't understand why people actually thought the Suns were good. I'm surprised we didn't beat them more convincingly. The Hornets would have absolutely destroyed them.

I think we have more players to throw at Gasol and Kobe than they do at Tim, Manu and Tony. Odom will be a tough matchup but I am expecting that he will fold in the clutch.

Tony is the guy that will go off in my opinion. Who do they have that can guard him ? Derek Fisher. That dude is going be seeing Tony in his nightmares.

tmtcsc
05-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I just think that it is time to punish floppers…I have written David Stern to complain about Ginobili & other Euro Spurs players who routinely fall down when the opposition is still several feet away…This is NOT play-off basketball..:ihit

You have written David Stern to punish Euro Spurs floppers ?

And....what did David Stern say ?

Hello Sportcamper,

Thank you for you kind letter and for pointing out that the San Antonio Spurs detract from your NBA viewing experience. I will certainly re-watch tapes of their games and evaluate what you have just now brought to my attention.

Recently, I have been spending time reviewing the amount of trips that Kobe Bryant and the Lakers took to the FT line against the Jazz. A very considerate fan named JazzFanUsa mentioned that the foul calls seemed to favor Kobe. You can bet that I'll get to the bottom of that.

In the meantime, thanks for your support. Have you visited NBA.com and perused our merchandise ? We have plenty of Laker gear for you and your entire family. Also, as a reminder, you can contact your local cable or satellite provider and sign up for the NBA league pass. Its a great way to follow your team throughout the season.

Regards,

David Stern

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
What I want to know is why people obsess over these idiot media analyst's opinions.

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
What I want to know is why people obsess over these idiot media analyst's opinions.

I do not think we obsess over the media's opinions, but we all like our opinions to be validated in some way, and when the ESPN media constantly are picking other teams over our team, we feel somewhat slighted and want the Spurs to rub their faces in the dirt. :)

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2008, 10:23 AM
It really doesn't matter what Crackhouse thinks. David Stern and Stu Jackson want a Lakers/Celtics finals. They are probably having emergency meetings right now in the war room trying to figure out how they can derail another Spurs/Pistons finals LOL.

Sportcamper
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks Mr. Stern…You are a true gentleman…And thanks for that Kirleinko Visa issue…Worked out great…Any truth to the rumor that we are at war with France?

Rummpd
05-20-2008, 10:36 AM

When are they going to stop giving Bryant the call every time he shoots no matter what?
That is the biggest joke in the NBA period.

brettn
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Speaking of player's opinions, PJ Brown picked the hornets to win game 7 :rolleyes

SpurAddict561
05-20-2008, 10:42 AM

Don't punish floppers man, what's Kobe gonna do then?

saSPY
05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I also heard Jason Terry on the DP show this morning whinning about how Manu is the #1 flopper in the NBA and that he routes for anybody playing against the SPURS....hater!

JamStone
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
When are they going to stop giving Bryant the call every time he shoots no matter what?
That is the biggest joke in the NBA period.

How many times in a game do you see Bryant attack the rim, try to draw contact, then throw his arms up in the air and have a gay little tantrum and start arguing with an official while the ball is going back the other way? That's because he's NOT getting the call every time he shoots.

Sportcamper
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
How is Rasheed's nuclear shock therapy going? His technicals are way down so I guess it is working?

T Park
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Speaking of player's opinions, PJ Brown picked the hornets to win game 7 :rolleyes

So what?

Hes from New Orleans..

z0sa
05-20-2008, 10:55 AM

you expected different, considering he recently played for the hornets?

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 10:56 AM

stop pissing in my Post Toasties and killing my buzz.......

:ihit

Now I do not know who will win.

:p:

mVp
05-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Jerry who?

brettn
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
you expected different, considering he recently played for the hornets?

I don't expect anything out of PJ Brown's predictions, but it's very similar to taking stock in a Jerry Stackhouse prediction was my point.

urunobili
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
who cares what prickhouse said?

ducks
05-20-2008, 01:18 PM

they are worth more then yours

beachwood
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Jerry, on Mike and Mike on ESPN was asked to give his analysis of Lakers-Spurs series and he said that he thinks SA will take out the Lakers because LA has nobody to guard Tim Duncan. He said that Pau will provide matchup problems for SA as well, but he thinks TD will have a monster series(I do as well) He said that there will be some high tension and some bad blood in the series because of Kobe and Bruce's matchup so the series will be very competitive and entertaining.

Then Greenie asked Jerry who of the remaining 4four teams will take home the trophy and Jerry said very succinctly, "Spurs"

I always knew Jerry was a great bball mind.

I was listening to this too. I hope the caveman is right, but he sure didn't sound like he personally liked the Spurs much.

redskinfan
05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I am glad that D Fisher stopped flopping because he was the best around 4 awhile:flipoff

Man of Steel
05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for your recent comments on ESPN. They were much appreciated after a full night's sleep aboard our charter flight stuck in NO.

But--putting that aside--please remember my previous comments towards you. You, my friend, remain a fucking ass hole losing bitch.

Best regards,

Robert Horry

mavsfan1000
05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
That means the lakers are going to win this series. Stackhouse is an idiot.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Mike and Mike

Jerry Stackhouse

You could have gotten better NBA info from Dr. Joy Browne.

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
You could have gotten better NBA info from Dr. Joy Browne.

She is on vacation, so I opted for the next best thing.

:)

Excuse me for not having the sources that you have on the east coast, sir.

:p:

spursfan09
05-20-2008, 02:53 PM
That means the lakers are going to win this series. Stackhouse is an idiot.

:rollin

Wait a sec:(

J.T.
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, you know what they say, "If you can't beat 'em. . ."

kace
05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
who the fuck is jerry stackhouse ?

ClingingMars
05-20-2008, 02:57 PM

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

- Mars

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Jerry, on Mike and Mike on ESPN was asked to give his analysis of Lakers-Spurs series and he said that he thinks SA will take out the Lakers because LA has nobody to guard Tim Duncan. He said that Pau will provide matchup problems for SA as well, but he thinks TD will have a monster series(I do as well)

Looks like Stack was right about LA having no answer for Timmy.

Hopefully, he will be right about the rest.

tlongII
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
SA has no answer for Kobe either.

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
SA has no answer for Kobe either.

excuse me?

We held him below his average.

That is an answer. TD scored 9 over his average.....that is no answer.

Fillmoe
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
That is why stackhouse is sitting at home instead of in the playoffs.

mytespurs
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I was listening to this too. I hope the caveman is right, but he sure didn't sound like he personally liked the Spurs much.

I heard part of the interview on espn podcast (colin cowturd's show). He picked SA however he's rooting for the Lakers. He must be happy today.

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 03:43 PM
That is why stackhouse is sitting at home instead of in the playoffs.

No, he is driving his Aston Martin, while you are driving your Ford.

Fillmoe
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Actually I drive a Civic SI... Fuck a shitty American car...

m33p0
05-22-2008, 03:46 PM
so long as he's not giving his "they didn't go through us" bullshit.