PDA

View Full Version : Sons I must say A for effort for Spurs, B for effort for us

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Sons it was fun making enemies and friends on here. Your team simply wanted it more last night and our "coach of the year" proved that award was a joke (p.s. he can thank all of the media hype around Chris Paul for that bull shit ass award). Sons is it just me or did Bryon Scott seem so hell bent on constantly double teaming Duncan that he forgot that Manu, Parker, and rest of the Spurs can shoot 3's? Plain and simple, that is what lost this series for us in my opinion sons. Keeping that defensive game plan for one game is ok, but being the "coach of the year" that Scott is, you would think that his dumb ass could see that game plan was idiotic and not working after game 3 or 4 and maybe he should at least attempt to change something and not be so predictable. Anyways sons I have rambled on enough, god bless.

Craig
05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Anyways sons I have rambled on enough,

No shit

CubanMustGo
05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
For what he did during the regular season, Byron Scott without doubt deserved CoTY.

But what you and he have realized now is the playoffs are a whole different story.

And good for you for your post - the rest of your fan base has turned into

http://asab.icapb.ed.ac.uk/exercises/alevel_psych/images/typical_cricket.gif

JustSpurs
05-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Sons it was fun making enemies and friends on here. Your team simply wanted it more last night and our "coach of the year" proved that award was a joke (p.s. he can thank all of the media hype around Chris Paul for that bull shit ass award). Sons is it just me or did Bryon Scott seem so hell bent on constantly double teaming Duncan that he forgot that Manu, Parker, and rest of the Spurs can shoot 3's? Plain and simple, that is what lost this series for us in my opinion sons. Keeping that defensive game plan for one game is ok, but being the "coach of the year" that Scott is, you would think that his dumb ass could see that game plan was idiotic and not working after game 3 or 4 and maybe he should at least attempt to change something and not be so predictable. Anyways sons I have rambled on enough, god bless.

Stick Around BR....Good having you here.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
No shit

son please take notes on how to be classy like me. k thanks

Budkin
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
You're a good guy son. Thanks for being classy and stay around at SpursTalk!

SAGambler
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Byron did a hell of a job, with a young team, the entire season. He deserved CoY as much as anyone. He didn't have all the superstars like Doc Rivers did. Gotta remember, Hornets are in a small market just like the Spurs and the owners can't afford to spend untold millions trying to build a team. He did great with what he was given.

I think it was just experience over youth last night. Hornets were no longer playing with the bravado they have shown in NO the previous games. And the Spurs did the most important thing they needed to do last night. Got a lead, and basically took the HC crowd out of the game.

I did notice at the end, the crowd gave the Hornets a standing ovation. They should have. Hornets have given them one hell of a season.

NoMoneyDown
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM

There were a lot of idiot NO troll posters, but Darcus was prob the most civil and you were definitely ... different. Stick around - your team has a very bright future.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
There were a lot of idiot NO troll posters, but Darcus was prob the most civil and you were definitely ... different. Stick around - your team has a very bright future.

thanks son and god bless ... (notice how much class I am showing today)

Slydragon
05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
thanks son and god bless ... (notice how much class I am showing today)

Would you be that way if NO won?

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Stick around son....summertime here is always fun.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Would you be that way if NO won?

yes son of course I would. unlike some Spurs fans on here who are telling me "fuck your team", "hornets suck", etc. I bring SO much CLASS and DIGNITY to this board other than when I have my occasional, VIOLENT binge drinking spree nights. god bless you slydragon and god bless you all. I must admit that I am VERY upset with this damn voodoo doll that I bought. This bullshit did not work as planned.

dmac
05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
yes son of course I would. unlike some Spurs fans on here who are telling me "fuck your team", "hornets suck", etc. I bring SO much CLASS and DIGNITY to this board other than when I have my occasional, VIOLENT binge drinking spree nights. god bless you slydragon and god bless you all. I must admit that I am VERY upset with this damn voodoo doll that I bought. This bullshit did not work as planned.

Why do you have to keep telling us how CLASSY you are?

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Why do you have to keep telling us how CLASSY you are?

son why do you have to keep PM'ing me asking for more pictures of Jaime to choke your chicken to?

Taco
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Stay in the forum BRH45

marini martini
05-20-2008, 09:51 AM
You definitely gave me a few chuckles. And yes, I am impressed with your classiness today. Hope you stick around, who knows with your intelligence and class, (:rolleyes) maybe someday, Kori & LJ might just give you & your fellow fans, your own message board, here. God know's the one ya'll have, sucks!

Gris gris

Marini:toast

tmtcsc
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
BRHornet45 is great just ask him. See that ? Notice how funny I am being ? Take note.

Just playing with ya. Stick around son.

SpursIndonesia
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, you don't have to be a c0ck sucker to survive here like any other forums, just stay civil and classy, we can all get along just fine. Props to your team, they really have a bright future in them, if Paul, West, and Chandler can grow up more and keep on developing the chemistry and their game, with some good luck & health, NO will sport a championship or two in the next decade -just don't count on Pedja to help much in the post season.

O-Factor
05-20-2008, 09:57 AM

Stick around sport, and keep THE SIG alive!

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM

son the signature of Jaime will never die (just update regularly)

Smirk
05-20-2008, 10:08 AM
The Spurs were the better team this year and proved it. Congrats.

The Hornets were too nervous, too tight, too thin on the bench and too inexperienced to handle the stretch run. Next year will be a different story.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:12 AM

Props to you for the classy post. :toast

And I agree with you about Byron Scott. The double-teaming of Tim Duncan may have worked in the first two games, when he was sick, but once he got healthy and the Spurs started to hit their outside shots, Scott should've abandoned it. But I guess hindsight is always 20/20.

Anyway, your team put up a good fight and had a lot of Spurs "fans" jumping off the bandwagon.

See you next year.
:flag:

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
son please take notes on how to be classy like me. k thanks

I'll give you that, even though you annoyed me at times.

Back up the Spurs, son!!

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
son why do you have to keep PM'ing me asking for more pictures of Jaime to choke your chicken to?

Son, send me all the stuff you have on her.

I gotta choke my chicken soon.

Thanks, son.

yaicu2
05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
At least this guy showed up. Didn't think we would see anymore post from this guy. Props to that, but cya have fun fishing. Great sig by the way. :flag:

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM
At least this guy showed up. Didn't think we would see anymore post from this guy. Props to that, but cya have fun fishing. Great sig by the way. :flag:

son I don't fish, but I will be busy this week helping Peja pull his head out of his shit pipe. It's been there for a while now. After that I am sure I will enjoy my favorite hobby of roller blading near the beach in my speedo. thanks son

stxspurs
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
stay classy brhornet

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Experience really showed last night.

It was obvious right from the start that the Hornets were playing very tight and forcing things, how many bad 3's did they take in the game? It seemed like 100.

Meanwhile, Spurs vets like Finley, Horry, Manu, Parker really stepped up. Chris Paul was exposed as a guy who can only play one end of the floor (which is why Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA today) and the New Orleans crowd was no factor as they were so scared and nervous that they forgot to make any noise.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Experience really showed last night.

It was obvious right from the start that the Hornets were playing very tight and forcing things, how many bad 3's did they take in the game? It seemed like 100.

Meanwhile, Spurs vets like Finley, Horry, Manu, Parker really stepped up. Chris Paul was exposed as a guy who can only play one end of the floor (which is why Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA today) and the New Orleans crowd was no factor as they were so scared and nervous that they forgot to make any noise.

sons this is why the world hates Laker fans. at least get your facts straight son. the Hornets only shot four 3 point shots until the last couple minutes of the game. far from 100.

urunobili
05-20-2008, 10:49 AM
i think some hornett fans will remain ont hsi board.. specially the true basketball fans :) stay here mate the fun is about to begin... :)

curtismedellin
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
And I agree with you about Byron Scott. The double-teaming of Tim Duncan may have worked in the first two games, when he was sick, but once he got healthy and the Spurs started to hit their outside shots, Scott should've abandoned it.
:flag:

Around game 5 Byron Scott was asked if he was going to make any adjustments, Scott was quoted as saying "We don't have to adjust anything we just need to be more aggressive"

Brilliant. He just played into the Spurs hands.

Thats Coach of the Year material right there.

Nolazach
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah i was pissed we didn't take MORE three point shots. It was like Manu for three then we miss, then they get two, then we get a lay-up. I was thinking we may be blown out.

When we came within three, we had a chance, Pargo missed and then it was lost. Sure there were two Manu traveling no calls, but officiating didn't cost us the game. Our bench did. I think if we improve our bench and maybe just maybe find someone more solid, day in and day out than Peja; we will be fine next year.

It was a good game, a hell of a lot of Spurs fans in the good seats, one guy I was sitting next to (rob?) bought me a crown and coke. Thats like $7, and he refused my money. I thought that was nice. I am not a classy fan, but if you google "Hornets fishing" this site comes up, with the most classless picture i have ever seen. Guys Katrina sucked, lay off of it, you can rib us without talking about the storm.

Beat the lakers.

Ariel
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Best signature I've seen on the boards, by a mile.

DarrinS
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Dads

Darcus
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM

Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

And :lmao @ this thread in general.

Really, we just sat around waiting for the usual home 3rd Quarter explosion... but it never came. Usually we had played a bit poorer than the Spurs for the first half at home, but during the second half we exploded. Unfortunately for us, that just never happened yesterday. We just continued to play poorly. We missed important shots and couldn't rebound. We had a good run closing the gap in the second quarter, but the Spurs matched it with an even better run before the half ended. We started gaining momentum with Pargo at the end, but in the last few seconds just couldn't close the gap.

All in all, it was a great series, and although I was continuously hoping that it would end as soon as possible in our favor, it was quite entertaining and I sort of wish it was a best of 25 series instead.

If you beat the Lakers, you will repeat this year. The Celtics and Pistons don't have it this year, in my opinion.

In the end, I can't complain. We surprised the basketball world by getting as far as we did, we won the southwest division, we got the #2 seed, and we took the reigning champs to game 7 in a series where they outscored us by only one point. This team has energized and excited a city. If we can sustain this and not fall victim to the same extreme bad luck that we have with the Saints, we can be champs sometime within the next few years.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

And :lmao @ this thread in general.

Really, we just sat around waiting for the usual home 3rd Quarter explosion... but it never came. Usually we had played a bit poorer than the Spurs for the first half at home, but during the second half we exploded. Unfortunately for us, that just never happened yesterday. We just continued to play poorly. We missed important shots and couldn't rebound. We had a good run closing the in the second quarter, but the Spurs matched it with an even better run before the half ended. We started gaining momentum with Pargo at the end, but in the last few seconds just couldn't close the gap.

All in all, it was a great series, and although I was continuously hoping that it would end as soon as possible in our favor, it was quite entertaining and I sort of wish it was a best of 25 series instead.

If you beat the Lakers, you will repeat this year. The Celtics and Pistons don't have it this year, in my opinion.

In the end, I can't complain. We surprised the basketball world by getting as far as we did, we won the southwest division, we got the #2 seed, and we took the reigning champs to game 7 in a series where they outscored us by only one point. This team has energized and excited a city. If we can sustain this and not fall victim to the same extreme bad luck that we have with the Saints, we can be champs sometime within the next few years.

LOL at Peja way in the back of that picture son.

saSPY
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
And whats with that "big Peja head" on a stick" @#?!...Yeah I think I saw Bowen running thru the arena with that big Peja on a stick alright! Can't wait to see "Kobe on a Stick" next....

Slydragon
05-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I have heard people talk with the "son" in there but never type out.

ATRAIN
05-20-2008, 11:31 AM

+1

jag
05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
"notice how classy i am being"

haha ...stop acting like you're leaving, bitch. You know you like it here.

rAm
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM

ROFL owned...

on that note, can you PM me some pictures of Jaime so I can choke MY chicken? kthx

GaryJohnston
05-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah i was pissed we didn't take MORE three point shots. It was like Manu for three then we miss, then they get two, then we get a lay-up. I was thinking we may be blown out.

When we came within three, we had a chance, Pargo missed and then it was lost. Sure there were two Manu traveling no calls, but officiating didn't cost us the game. Our bench did. I think if we improve our bench and maybe just maybe find someone more solid, day in and day out than Peja; we will be fine next year.

It was a good game, a hell of a lot of Spurs fans in the good seats, one guy I was sitting next to (rob?) bought me a crown and coke. Thats like $7, and he refused my money. I thought that was nice. I am not a classy fan, but if you google "Hornets fishing" this site comes up, with the most classless picture i have ever seen. Guys Katrina sucked, lay off of it, you can rib us without talking about the storm.
Beat the lakers.

There was a huge rash of Hornet trolls on this site, so you can't blame alot of Spurs fans for wanting to stick it to you all. They may think of you as a troll even if you didn't troll, so don't take offense. We put up with alot of crap from the Hornets trolls. Hope you stick around, you seem like a good poster along with a few others

Supreme_Being
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, stick around. It'd be awesome if you stop giving basketball lessons though. I think that's a bit weird considering we're actually basketball fans.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, stick around. It'd be awesome if you stop giving basketball lessons though. I think that's a bit weird considering we're actually basketball fans.

son what the hell are you talking about?

Nolazach
05-20-2008, 12:17 PM
There was a huge rash of Hornet trolls on this site, so you can't blame alot of Spurs fans for wanting to stick it to you all. They may think of you as a troll even if you didn't troll, so don't take offense. We put up with alot of crap from the Hornets trolls. Hope you stick around, you seem like a good poster along with a few others

A lot of the Katrina jokes I can even laugh at. It just goes too far sometimes. Its weak, it has nothing to do with us. We got hit by a storm, I lost my house, people died, we are re-building. I like and always will like San Antonio, I have family in Universal city, so I go out there a good bit.

Believe me whatever "crap" you take, making fun of Katrina to us is like going to New York and cracking 9/11 jokes. In both cases people died, in our case 80% of the city was flooded. So what its over, but I think those who do talk Katrina smack, bring down those who don't.

pad300
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
son I don't fish, but I will be busy this week helping Peja pull his head out of his shit pipe. It's been there for a while now. After that I am sure I will enjoy my favorite hobby of roller blading near the beach in my speedo. thanks son

Why bother, Bowen will just shove it back up there next playoffs... I'd think about ways to get him off your roster instead.

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
The only choking going on around here is by your Hornets in the 2nd and 3rd Qs.

:)

Seriously son, you are welcome to stay in the forum and have fun with us. You will notice that we have fans from all the teams that we have eliminated the last 10 or so years, so you and your fellow Hornets fans can join in the fray.

:)

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
bring the ass son

Man of Steel
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I have enjoyed many of the Hornets fans for the past 2 weeks. I hope you guys all stay and join the other regulars who are fans of other teams but who post here on a regular basis.

BR you have been classy--stay around!

NoMoneyDown
05-20-2008, 02:14 PM
LOL at Peja way in the back of that picture son.

:lol

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.

Tyler_Durden
05-20-2008, 02:21 PM
You can't get mad at Byron Scott for having to deal with the same dillemma every other coach does when facing the Spurs. Play everyone straight up and Duncan eats you alive, or double him and dare perimeter shooters to knock down 3's. No matter what you do, you're fucked. This is why the Spurs have 3 in 5.

oboymeetsogirl
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
If the Hornets had won, I would have said: "Well, it's a new day for the NBA, and the Spurs will have to work on getting a little more youth around their older players."

A playoff ending loss is always tough to take, but even tougher is knowing the hard work that will need to be done to get back into contention. The Spurs know this as much as anyone -- winning four championships out of the last nine also means you've gone home and back to square one four times.

Anyhow, I'm glad the Spurs won, and for the sake of Hornets fans I hope the New Orleans brass don't screw up the formula that got them this far (look at how the Suns and Mavs have imploded with questionable moves recently). All you need is two or three more role players to get you over the hump in key game situations (hate to brag, but that's exactly what the Spurs are built for). Just pieces to fit into the puzzle when things aren't quite going your way.

But besides key role players, the other thing I think the Hornets might need is a sense of maturity. CP3, for instance, was not gracious in losing (correct me if I'm wrong -- he didn't go around congratulating anyone on the Spurs after the loss), and to me this is not a good sign. If you're gracious, that means you're also a thinker who plays less on emotion than on smarts. To go all the way, you need smarts, because not every game situation can be "solved" through sheer talent and energy.

The Spurs of today are bound to fade away -- at some point, age catches up with you, and you go through the inevitable years of rebuilding -- and it would be great to see a team like a more mature version of the Hornets come in to take their place.

DriveFor5
05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Time for Kori to set up a HornetsTalk like the Kings and Pistons sections here.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Time for Kori to set up a HornetsTalk like the Kings and Pistons sections here.

yes son I agree. Kori this is a great idea ... or at least make a post so we can see your avatar.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
yes son I agree. Kori this is a great idea ... or at least make a post so we can see your avatar.

Son keep posting here and feed us that great ass

pawe
05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Hornets arent going to last that long so no need for a new Hornets forum (we have an NBA forum though). But, Hornets, Lakers, Suns, etc fans are always welcome here, troll or not, everyone will still get their fare share of fucks, shits and your team sucks so just keep coming! :toast

Man of Steel
05-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Hornets fans need to stay around--they are cool!

Hey BR--these ladies say they need to talk to you--that you owe them a drink...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/clark101857/Miss_Reef_Argentina640.jpg

Man of Steel
05-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Say BR--

If Kori sets up an adjacent Hornets forum, maybe this can be your logo...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/clark101857/hugo1.jpg

BRHornet45
05-21-2008, 08:21 AM
yes indeed son