PDA

View Full Version : Think the Hornets were the "Hump?"

spursfan99
05-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I believe the Hornets were the Hump we had to get over as far as the Western Conference. Possibly the Hump for all teams left!(Lakers,Celtics,Pistons)
Im confident in defeating any of these teams for the fact we are moving and shooting th ball very well right now. Not only that, EXPERIENCE baby!!!
Go Spurs!

By the way, those Hornets fans turned on their fans quicker than what I expected. Stay TRUE SPURS FANS!

BacktoBasics
05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
So you just called the least experienced team the "hump team". Because proven champs on the Lakers are no match and lets just totally forget the Spurs doppleganger team over in the east the Pistons. They surely don't have Championship experience at all, I'm pretty sure they haven't reached either the finals or the east finals at all in the last 6 or 7 years. Fuck the Celtics too because being one of the most stacked teams ever assembled means dick. Nevermind that they have some quality hungry vets in PJ and Sam. Rondo is slow too.

LA24
05-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't think you can judge the remaining teams by how you guys played against the Hornets. I'm confident the Lakers would've disposed the Hornets in 5 or 6 games, but that doesn't mean LA is better than SA by any means.

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 09:34 AM
No, LA will be. NO couldn't handle the pressure of a Game 7....LA can.

T Park
05-20-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't think you can judge the remaining teams by how you guys played against the Hornets. I'm confident the Lakers would've disposed the Hornets in 5 or 6 games, but that doesn't mean LA is better than SA by any means.

Its alll about matchups.

spursfan99
05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I know we have to face the experienced Lakers, but how many times have we met them in this same situation and shut'em out. I'd have to say plenty.

Whats the best excuse you have heard from a hornets fan?

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
sons plain and simple if the Spurs do not beat the Lakers within 6 games, it will be because of the NBA forcing the refs to help them.

LA24
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I know we have to face the experienced Lakers, but how many times have we met them in this same situation and shut'em out. I'd have to say plenty.

Actually, outside of Kobe and Fish (and Phil)...I don't believe anyone else on this Laker team has been to the WCF.

I think Luke was on the 2004 team...but he was a rookie that year.

LA24
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
sons plain and simple if the Spurs do not beat the Lakers within 6 games, it will be because of the NBA forcing the refs to help them.

Father,

The NBA would have more incentives to want the Lakers in the finals as oppose to the Spurs. Therefore, if anyone gets help from the refs...it be LA. But I believe that players have more impact on the final outcome than the refs.

Your son,
LA24

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Father,

The NBA would have more incentives to want the Lakers in the finals as oppose to the Spurs. Therefore, if anyone gets help from the refs...it be LA. But I believe that players have more impact on the final outcome than the refs.

Your son,
LA24

:tu

Be careful though, some people will call you naive because you don't think refs fix every game and make players miss shots and turn the ball over. :lol

Southwest Texas Fan
05-20-2008, 09:59 AM

Experienced Lakers? Who besides Kobe and Fisher are that experienced?

DDS4
05-20-2008, 10:05 AM
It only gets harder. There's a reason the Lakers are there with us.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 10:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3404607

LA24
05-20-2008, 10:10 AM
:tu

Be careful though, some people will call you naive because you don't think refs fix every game and make players miss shots and turn the ball over. :lol

Well, it's possible for a shady ref to make a buck or two on his/her own by calling certain games the way he/she wants (see Donaghy). But no way will I believe that the NBA fix games. Small market San Antonio winning 4 championships and the largest market New York none in the last 20 years is proof of that.

spursfan99
05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I spoke to soon about the lakers, you guys are right. The Lakers dont have an experienced line-up, but The Kobe show is something Bowen knows how to handle very well.
I'm hoping MANU didnt forget his cape in San Antonio again...Did anyone notice CP turned into a complete MANGINA in front of his fans.

michaelwcho
05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't think it gets any easier.

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, it's possible for a shady ref to make a buck or two on his/her own by calling certain games the way he/she wants (see Donaghy). But no way will I believe that the NBA fix games. Small market San Antonio winning 4 championships and the largest market New York none in the last 20 years is proof of that.

agreed.

LA24
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Did anyone notice CP turned into a complete MANGINA in front of his fans.

Didn't Paul say he wasn't nervous ? What a liar. :lol

PwrGetter
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM

This isnt the same laker team. This series will be drawn out imo.

spursfan99
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
San Antonio Spurs=Complete Western Conf. Domination...just have to get a lil warmed up sometimes.

CP=Man-Gina
KB=Ball Hogging cry baby
Celtics=over rated,over paid, "ok" team

PwrGetter
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
KB=Ball Hogging cry baby

I really do respect Duncan, but what do you call the face he gives reffs when he doesn't get a call he thinks he should get?