PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when your boss is a Lakers fan?

RandomGuy
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
My wife's boss is a rabid Lakers fan.

He has also invited her, along with a couple of other co-workers to see the game.

It is a small company, and he knows she is a Spurs fan.

Should she stay at home and watch with her hubby or go to the viewing party? Should she drag hubby along too?

(hubby got in trouble with the host for talking about stocks during the last football game. Hubby is a b-ball guy, but football... not so much.)

on one hand, he has hi-def, big screen TV for the game... on the other hand, if the Lakers win one, he will be insufferable.

Argh. Hi-def... mmmmm.....

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Kick his ass.

mrsmaalox
05-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Will there be food and drinks? If so, you should go.

to21
05-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Tell him Kobe is gonna be the one getting raped THIS time.

Anti.Hero
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Do what you gotta do. Spurs don't pay the bills.

Fillmoe
05-20-2008, 10:22 AM
lol.. He's prolly banging your wife after the game, while you are crying after the loss.

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
lol.. He's prolly banging your wife after the game, while you are crying after the loss.

lol.

What did the kings do this season?

:lol

Fillmoe
05-20-2008, 10:26 AM
We beat the Spurs.

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
We beat the Spurs.

Oh how sweet.

That's nice.

No, do you care to explain your absence in the post season?

Hey, what's a Lottery Team?

Fillmoe
05-20-2008, 10:30 AM
We have a young team. No one expected them to even be as good as they were.

peewee's lovechild
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
How "good" were they?

What's a Lottery Team?

Fillmoe
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM
It's okay, the Spurs time is coming.

Shelly
05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
My family is in CA and are all Laker fans.

Boooooo

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Drug the drinks and steal the tv, problem solved

duncan228
05-20-2008, 11:38 AM
My wife's boss is a rabid Lakers fan.

Your wife can handle her boss. And the Spurs can handle the Lakers. I say go, enjoy yourself. I know she will. :)

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2008, 11:42 AM
At least you don't have to see Lamer flags flying from "fan's" cars like we do out here.
228, I'm sure you know what I mean.
:makemyday
Oh, and go with Trainwreck's idea.

baseline bum
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
You should go with her, get really drunk, and yell "guilty" every time Kobe touches the ball.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2008, 11:46 AM
You should go with her, get really drunk, and yell "guilty" every time Kobe touches the ball.

BRILLIANT!
:lmao

RandomGuy
05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Kick his ass.

eeek. The dude has about 6 inches and a good hundred+ pounds on me. I am probably in a bit better shape, but still...

I am 100% sure my wife could take his wife, if it came to an outright brawl though. Glad she would be on my side. :married: I had to hold her back from kicking some chick's ass when she almost ran over one of our kids, and I almost didn't succeed...

RandomGuy
05-20-2008, 11:56 AM

(shivers)

Aw man that was cold.

He's not her type. :lol I mean seriously, who would willingly have sex with a Lakers fan?

Spuradicator
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM
We have a young team. No one expected them to even be as good as they were.

I expected them to be as shitty as they were.

RandomGuy
05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Drug the drinks and steal the tv, problem solved

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

Brilliant!

Don Quixote
05-20-2008, 12:12 PM
(shivers)

Aw man that was cold.

He's not her type. :lol I mean seriously, who would willingly do it with a Lakers fan?

Maybe, but I can produce a multitude of counterexamples: one being Jessica Alba, who is from southern California and probably a Lakers fan. Like you wouldn't hit that.

And, need I mention that the entire adult film industry is based in San Bernadino, not too far from L.A. Probably all Laker fans.

duncan228
05-20-2008, 12:15 PM
At least you don't have to see Lamer flags flying from "fan's" cars like we do out here.
228, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Yup, it's all around me. I wear Spurs gear fairly often, I've been pleasantly surprised that most Laker fans I run into are civil. There is respect between the teams, the ones that appreciate the game can have some great conversations. I ignore the rest of them.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Maybe, but I can produce a multitude of counterexamples: one being Jessica Alba, who is from southern California and probably a Lakers fan. Like you wouldn't hit that.

And, need I mention that the entire adult film industry is based in San Bernadino, not too far from L.A. Probably all Laker fans.

Just to correct you here:
the adult film industry is based in San Fernando.
The crystal meth industry is based in San Bernardino (and the rest of the Inland Empire).
:spin

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Yup, it's all around me. I wear Spurs gear fairly often, I've been pleasantly surprised that most Laker fans I run into are civil. There is respect between the teams, the ones that appreciate the game can have some great conversations. I ignore the rest of them.

Do you listen to 570? Particularly the "Loose Cannons" show?
Vic Jacobs and Mychal Thompson are probably the biggest Lamer apologists walking this planet!
I was STUNNED when BOTH of them said that Horry's foul on David West was merely a good, hard playoff foul!

Don Quixote
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
The crystal meth industry is based in San Bernardino (and the rest of the Inland Empire).

Thanks for the correction. My actual knowledge of California is deficient, never having been there.

But my point remains -- most of the stars in the adult film industry are Laker fans, people hit it, so therefore people actually do get down with Laker fans. And this is not even to mention Jessica Alba, etc.

I know, disgusting.

duncan228
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Do you listen to 570? Particularly the "Loose Cannons" show?
Vic Jacobs and Mychal Thompson are probably the biggest Lamer apologists walking this planet!
I was STUNNED when BOTH of them said that Horry's foul on David West was merely a good, hard playoff foul!

I don't listen to sports radio anymore. My net surfing gives me all the talking heads I can stand. I prefer to hang out here and listen and learn.

I am surprised that any local LA sports media would have not called Horry's foul somehow dirty. Maybe those 2 have some left over love for Horry from his Laker days.

baseline bum
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Wow. That has never been my experience with Laker fans in LA. Maybe in the OC, but in the city there's no love.

baseline bum
05-20-2008, 12:54 PM

I thought the pr0n industry was based in Chatsworth.

duncan228
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Wow. That has never been my experience with Laker fans in LA. Maybe in the OC, but in the city there's no love.

I think that is the difference. OC isn't LA, not far in miles but a world apart in attitude.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
I thought the pr0n industry was based in Chatsworth.

Well, San Fernando Valley.

Taco
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
What do you do when your boss is a Lakers fan?...
:nutkick:

Shelly
05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
I think that is the difference. OC isn't LA, not far in miles but a world apart in attitude.

When we've gone home to OC for Christmas, we've worn Spurs stuff and never got any grief.

Well...except from my dad :lol

samikeyp
05-20-2008, 03:04 PM
You find a new job. :)

Summers
05-20-2008, 03:16 PM

:nope Fillmoe, trying to stir up trouble.