PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler...

KEVIN78250
05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
is chandler really a solid center, providing decent defense and getting boards. or was he just the beneficiary of a great point guard and working system...

degenerate_gambler
05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
does he have any post moves of any kind?

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM
is chandler really a solid center, providing decent defense and getting boards. or was he just the beneficiary of a great point guard and working system...

Tyson Chandler has no post moves to speak of and not much of a jump-shot. His offense is almost totally dependent on Chris Paul feeding him the ball. That being said, he is athletic, has good hands and coordination, and plays with energy.

He's also a pretty good defender, but a far cry from Tim Duncan.

I like Chandler, always have, and I'm glad to see him having success on the Hornets, but Chris Paul definitely makes him look a lot better than he is (think Amare with Nash).

nkdlunch
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Pop gave extra effort to shake his hand at end of the game.

I think Pop likes Chandler

BacktoBasics
05-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Guys a hard worker and that goes a long way. He can be a poor mans Mutombo and be plenty successful doing so. Part being a role player is finding ways to feed off your more talented teamates and compliment then. Chandler has done just that.

T Park
05-20-2008, 10:32 AM
If Ian Mahinmi could become a Tyson Chandler, that would be fantastic.

If I was pop I would tell Ian to do what he does on defense, and keep the low post moves.

Chandler does have a couple moves in the post, he showed that in game 6, but the Hornets never run any plays through him.

BRHornet45
05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Pop gave extra effort to shake his hand at end of the game.

I think Pop likes Chandler

son rumor has it that they oil wrestle each other during the off season. apparently Pop is into some freaky shit.

ambchang
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Chandler played fantastic defense on Duncan throughout the series, the amazing thing is that he still has time to defend the paint area (with help from other Bugs crowding the paint of course).

He is what Camby should be.

Always liked him, but he is too fragile.

brettn
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Tyson Chandler has no post moves to speak of and not much of a jump-shot. His offense is almost totally dependent on Chris Paul feeding him the ball. That being said, he is athletic, has good hands and coordination, and plays with energy.

He's also a pretty good defender, but a far cry from Tim Duncan.

I like Chandler, always have, and I'm glad to see him having success on the Hornets, but Chris Paul definitely makes him look a lot better than he is (think Amare with Nash).

Ummm no. Amare is leaps and bounds better than Chandler. Steve Nash makes him better sure, but that's a what a good point guard does. Now if amare could just learn to play some fucking defense....

mVp
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
His defense on Tim was pretty damn good last night.

wildbill2u
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Go to the stats for what they will tell you. Chandler outplayed Duncan last night in virtually every statistical measurement--points, rebounds, TOs, Fouls. Tim had a few more assists (3-1).

More importantly, he had Duncan one-on-one for much of every possession because the Hornets were waiting until late in the shot clock to double down on Duncan. And he basically forced Tim into really tough shots that wound up with Duncan only shooting 5-17. You can argue all you want to about Chandler basically not having any go-to shot but I'd rather have a guy going 6-8 on allez-oops than 5-17 because he isn't hurting the team.

Chandler will never be a Top 50 of all time player, but he played against one and didn't come out badly in comparison.

pad300
05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Go to the stats for what they will tell you. Chandler outplayed Duncan last night in virtually every statistical measurement--points, rebounds, TOs, Fouls. Tim had a few more assists (3-1).

More importantly, he had Duncan one-on-one for much of every possession because the Hornets were waiting until late in the shot clock to double down on Duncan. And he basically forced Tim into really tough shots that wound up with Duncan only shooting 5-17. You can argue all you want to about Chandler basically not having any go-to shot but I'd rather have a guy going 6-8 on allez-oops than 5-17 because he isn't hurting the team.

Chandler will never be a Top 50 of all time player, but he played against one and didn't come out badly in comparison.

Chandler is the guy I wanted to get in exchange for Rasho or Nazr... He would be really nice defensively beside TD. Oh well, water under the bridge. Next year we get Mahnimi and Splitter.