PDA

View Full Version : LAkersd free throw differetnial for the series

picnroll
05-20-2008, 12:40 PM
What will be the Lakers' free throw differential advantage for the WCF series?

slowchild25
05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
This should be a v-bookie bet.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Not surprised at all that this thread was created before the games even started.

2Cleva
05-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Biggest factor in the FT difference besides Kobe is the intentional fouls late by Denver and Utah in a few games - especially Utah. Also playing the team that fouls the most in the NBA pads stats as well.

But Kobe and LO attacking the basket is going to result in FTs. Thats the way it is.

ThomasGranger
05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Tony and Manu attacking the basket should result in FTs. Thats the way it is.

picnroll
05-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Not surprised at all that this thread was created before the games even started.

So what's your call on the differential pussy? Is it going to be flopping, flailing Kobe at the line all night or a couple of guys who actually drive to the basket?

mVp
05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Man... I really hope the refs don't turn this into a free-throw party for the Fakers.... I'm expecting lots of flops from Fisher, and phantom calls for Kobe.

dbestpro
05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Herein lies the problem. The world will be watching to see what the refs will do rather than to see how the teams will play. It is sad to see it come to this.

honestfool84
05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Biggest factor in the FT difference besides Kobe is the intentional fouls late by Denver and Utah in a few games - especially Utah. Also playing the team that fouls the most in the NBA pads stats as well.

But Kobe and LO attacking the basket is going to result in FTs. Thats the way it is.

so in essence, if the calls are called evenly, and y'all get a ton of free throws from driving, we'll be getting just as many, because of parker and ginobili, right?

Solid D
05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Probably only 2 more fouls/game average...so less than 5 FTs.

O-Factor
05-20-2008, 01:47 PM

Were still going to kick the Lakers ass so its not an excuse. Its going to pretty much be fact that the refs will send the Lakers to the line more.

Jimcs50
05-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Probably only 2 more fouls/game average...so less than 5 FTs.

I concur

Discoflux
05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
man you guys are pre-emptively crybaby faggots.
The calls will even out.
Many times Lakers get FT differential because we are ahead and intentionally fouled at the end.
Another reason is we play a very clean, crisp, effective form of offensive basketball that forces defenses to hack us. Many times we get FT differential because we are better on offense than you are on D. If you guys can play solid D then you will not see a FT disparity. Play basketball and shut your cakehole.

O-Factor
05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Add this to the excuse thread...lol

you mean the troll thread you started?

2Cleva
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
so in essence, if the calls are called evenly, and y'all get a ton of free throws from driving, we'll be getting just as many, because of parker and ginobili, right?

Reading comprehension needed.

Biggest factor in the FT difference besides Kobe....

As you see from how I started off, Kobe is the main reason for the FT advantage. He's getting to the line 13.4 times per game in the playoffs. Only twice did he get to the line less than 10 times, and one of those games he had 49 points.

MVPs get the calls.

honestfool84
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Reading comprehension needed.

As you see from how I started off, Kobe is the main reason for the FT advantage. He's getting to the line 13.4 times per game in the playoffs. Only twice did he get to the line less than 10 times, and one of those games he had 49 points.

MVPs get the calls.

i realized that and understood that just fine, thank you very much.

in essence, cause of kobe's constant attacking of the rim, y'all shot so many more free throws, besides the intentional hacking at the end of the game.

thus, if we're that aggressive, we will be awarded with free throws, too. parker is, after all, the finals MVP.

J.T.
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
The Lakers averaged 21 FTA per game against us this year. I'd live with that in the WCF.

smeagol
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
This poll is very un-picnroll-like

2Cleva
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
i realized that and understood that just fine, thank you very much.

in essence, cause of kobe's constant attacking of the rim, y'all shot so many more free throws, besides the intentional hacking at the end of the game.

thus, if we're that aggressive, we will be awarded with free throws, too. parker is, after all, the finals MVP.

Parker doesn't attack the basket (nor have the ball) nearly as much as Kobe does. But yeah, he'll get to the FT line plenty times too.

LA will still end up with the edge and people still will cry about it.

Solid D
05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Spurs fans break down every aspect of the game. There will be more questions. FT differential is a stat and can be a key to certain games. A more telling poll might be "made FT differential".

Bob Lanier
05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
It'll probably be between +40 and 50 per game for the Lakers.

If not, the referees will have been bought and paid for by the Spurs.

ThomasGranger
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Parker doesn't attack the basket (nor have the ball) nearly as much as Kobe does. But yeah, he'll get to the FT line plenty times too.

Have you even watched the Spurs in the last few years? Parker lives in the lane. He attacks the basket more than most big men in the league and at least as much as Kobe, and he rarely gets calls.

Bob Lanier
05-22-2008, 01:48 AM
+1 and counting.

FUCK YOU DAVID STERN.

hsxvvd
05-22-2008, 04:10 AM
+1 and counting.

FUCK YOU DAVID STERN.

He just gave you the #1 pick, what more do you want?

ballhog
05-22-2008, 06:49 AM

Biggest factor is that LA gets favorable calls. Kobe pushing off, traveling for examples. Nice tackle of Ginobili by Odom on that last possession, by the way.

Dopey310
05-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Wow.. Manu has nothing to complain about in terms of officiating. Dude straight undercut Gasol in to Duncan on one play and the foul was called on Pau. That was one of the dirtiest plays I've seen.

sleepy
05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
So how'd the differential work out for you guys last night on the road? What? You shot more FTs than the Lakers (excluding the intentional foul on Sasha with 7.3 left)? I don't see the "Spurs will shoot more FTs" options in the poll. Gee, that's not biased at all.

cherylsteele
05-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow.. Manu has nothing to complain about in terms of officiating. Dude straight undercut Gasol in to Duncan on one play and the foul was called on Pau. That was one of the dirtiest plays I've seen.
You mean like that blatant tackle by Odom on Manu near the end of the game. A takle like that would make Lawrence Taylor proud.

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
You mean like that blatant tackle by Odom on Manu near the end of the game. A takle like that would make Lawrence Taylor proud.

You know they never call that shit when players are scrambling for the ball. Stop being ignorant.

rAm
05-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you serious about the title?

Bob Lanier
05-25-2008, 09:57 PM
It's a conspuracy!

Bob Lanier
05-27-2008, 10:46 PM
More like San "Fat Tony"o, it seems.

Bob Lanier
05-27-2008, 10:58 PM
The Spurs have shot two more free throws in this series than the Lakers - it's obviously rigged.