PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Lakers Game 1 - Game Blog

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

timvp
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Gotta forget and move on. Hornets series was tough but it's over. Gotta get a split at LA.

Believe.

xtremesteven33
05-20-2008, 03:10 PM
i cant even focus on this next series right now. this past one was intense and a big accomplishment. i dont know how the spurs can make such a big adjustemnt so fast. Stupid Lakers were just waiting and resting up for thier next opponent. i hope Spurs pull game one

Borosai
05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
At worst, the Spurs will get the split. They might even get both games and end this series in three games. I have a few purple dots to fill in.

duncan228
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
They're 8 games away. Time to get the next one.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/promo3.jpg

MarceloM!
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Fuck that airplane. No doubt this series are the most toughest in history. I think in a conspiration.

TampaDude
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Spurs in 6...

awktalk
05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Anyone care to explain why we played Thursday/Monday while the Lakers were lying in wait and in the ECSF the Celts played Friday/Sunday?

Regardless, I like the momentum we've build. We've won 4 of 5 and have much more favorable matchups against the Lakers. Would anyone care to tell me just who in the hell is going to check TP in this series? They have no answer for him. Layup drills 101. Spurs in 5.

jman3000
05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
must must must win at least one of these in LA... no use tempting fate and trying to come back from 0-2 twice in the same playoff.

if we can get a blow out win in game 1 kobe might resort to old tricks and start throwing people under the bus... they've had a fairly smooth ride so far... you could tell by how close the games were in utah that the lakers were obviously the better team.

themvp
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
There Can Be Only One: Kobe - Duncan

http://nba-boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/promos/nbat_9715_fear_kobe_duncan.asx

:toast:flag:

Southwest Texas Fan
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Anyone care to explain why we played Thursday/Monday while the Lakers were lying in wait and in the ECSF the Celts played Friday/Sunday?

Regardless, I like the momentum we've build. We've won 4 of 5 and have much more favorable matchups against the Lakers. Would anyone care to tell me just who in the hell is going to check TP in this series? They have no answer for him. Layup drills 101. Spurs in 5.

The zen master will probably employ the let's pack the lane and beat us from the outside gameplan. But the difference between now and 2004 is we have much better shooters. Spurs in six.

duncan228
05-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I want to see this when this series is over.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/5-30trophy.jpg

Banzai
05-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Spurs in 6...

Lakers in 6

ducks
05-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Get This One
Please Spurs Do Not Go Down 0-2

alamo50
05-20-2008, 05:03 PM
We win game 2 and get a decent flight back to San Antone.
There is no way in hell that the Fakers stand a chance in this series.

This is the series I wanted.
Why?
To see Kobe cry again.

Oh yeah, that Vuijabitch guy too!

Let's kill 'em again!!!

:flag:

Fundamental
05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Regular season should have been 3-1 spurs, but Pop sat Manu in their fourth meeting due to injury.

Spurs in 6

SpursDynasty
05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
This is going to be a pretty boring series. The Lakers/Spurs rivalry is not the same without Shaq there. Yeah Phil Jackson and Kobe are there and it's the Lakers, but this will be over in 5 games at the most.

Kobe™
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Spurs dont win this game...
they won't win the series

with that said.
Lakers iN 6..

SAtown
05-20-2008, 05:22 PM
If the Spurs win in 4 or 5 games, SpursDynasty should be unpinked.

mrspurs
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
the lakers know they are in trouble...they havnt played anyone yet in this playoffs...denver shoulda never been in the playoffs, and utah all season long choked on the road....the spurs are playoff ready and went thru the toughest teams of them all....including the east..............go spurs go

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
If the Spurs win in 4 or 5 games, SpursDynasty should be unpinked.

I have to agree. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3806/faith1tt0.jpg

GrandeDavid
05-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Spurs in...whatever. Just win the damn series and hopefully Game 1! Hopefully the guys are rested enough after sleeping on the grounded plane.

mVp
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Come on guys, we're half way done... just 8 more wins :lobt2:

Spurs Brazil
05-20-2008, 06:39 PM
:flag::flag::flag::lobt2::flag::flag::flag:

Medvedenko
05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers_55
05-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I was going to make a long new thread, but figured better to just add to one...11th playoff meeting between these two titans, throw them all out. Lakers never lost to SA when holding HCA, throw that out too. In their 9 championships in LA, Lakers lost HCA in 7 of those years in at least one series and still won the title. Only 1982 and 1987 Is LA unblemished at home. I figure they are due at some point to lose a home game these playoffs. However, LA does know how to win on the road....

So, I figure a 2-2 split after 4 games, with HCA stolen twice. Whoever wins game 5 wins the series in 6. I pick LA and await this matchup. Best of luck and no injuries to both teams. It's going to be a classic!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm probably gonna miss this first game...but if we can steal game 1 that would be so sweet!

I can't wait for the Spurs to hopefully take out these bitches

Fundamental
05-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Pretty good breakdown. And he actually picks the Spurs to win :p:

Kenny Smith: Breaking Down the Lakers-Spurs Showdown
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=7890510

IllegalAmigo
05-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm probably gonna miss this first game...but if we can steal game 1 that would be so sweet!

I can't wait for the Spurs to hopefully take out these bitches

"Hopefully" being the operative term.

Well, good luck with that.

MONTENEGRINO
05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
This is a series I've been waiting. Old rivalry is back, no Shaq but there are Gasol,Odom... Kobe is still there, Timmy, Bruce, Big shot Bob, Tony, Manu... A lot of great names, great players.
Spurs as the veteran team, smart as death. Ready to punnish for every mistake. Tim as the soul of this team will have A BIG series.

MONTENEGRINO
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
4-2 Spurs :)

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Game one is going to be a bitch coming off that game 7 and the quick turn around. Gotta get the split here though, no way we go down 0-2 and get out of it again, lets not make it so tough on ourselves.

Borosai
05-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Spurs win game 1, lose game 2, win games 3 and 4, lose game 5, win game 6. I can't tell you where I got this information, but it's from a reliable source.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 09:30 PM
"Hopefully" being the operative term.

Well, good luck with that.

Hey, still gotta respect your team as an opposing fan. I believe we can do it, but the Spurs have to do their part.

IllegalAmigo
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey, still gotta respect your team as an opposing fan. I believe we can do it, but the Spurs have to do their part.

You don't haveta' respect anybody. The Lakers didn't take the one seed by accident, though.

phyzik
05-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Spurs got this in 6, time to make the Fakers cry again. The only 2 loses I see are a Joey Crawford reffed game and a desperation elimination game 5 for the Lakers.

PeterBurns
05-20-2008, 10:56 PM
So, I figure a 2-2 split after 4 games, with HCA stolen twice. Whoever wins game 5 wins the series in 6. I pick LA and await this matchup. Best of luck and no injuries to both teams. It's going to be a classic!

Good Post, and I agree. Game 5 Winner Wins the Series.

austinlakepirate
05-20-2008, 11:03 PM
There are so many reasons why the Spurs are going to kick the Lickers ass, but still the commentators on ESPN can't see past Kobe. They always seem suprised that the Spurs make it to the finals.

If any of them bothered to do about 10 minutes of research they would realize that there is no reason at all to believe that the Lakers could possibly beat the Spurs.

Everyone seems to be comparing this matchup to the '02 series. But Why? These are two very different teams. Most obviously Robinson and Shaq aren't there this year.

Check it out-

Which Laker team is better?
the 2002 team with Horry, George, Fox, Fisher, Shaq and Kobe

or the Current Team with Odom, Bryant, Gasol and Fisher.

The 02 team right.

Which Spurs team is better , rookie Parker, Old Robinson, Young Timmy, Malik Rose, Danny Ferry Bowen, Daniels, Jackson , Steve Smith

or

Duncan Parker Ginobili Bowen Thomas Udoka Finley Oberto Stoudamire Vaughn Berry.

This year right?

Check out the matchups, they don't match up.

Gasol and Odom on Duncan? That's gonna leave Manu or Tony open.

Bruce contains Kobe pretty good on his own, no need to double up.

The Lakers have no real inside presence. Tony Parker is going to own the paint

Udoka, Duncan, and Thomas are going to dominate on rebounds

I don't see an advantage for the Lickers other than youth. Which as we just saw in NO may not be an advantage.

sundeep sahota
05-20-2008, 11:05 PM
its gonna be a tough series

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Get game 1, hold home court, get ready for Boston or Detroit.

IllegalAmigo
05-20-2008, 11:49 PM
None of us really knows what's going to happen tomorrow night.

None of us would bet our mortgages on what the final score would be.

That's fucking hilarious.

That's what it's all about.

Lakers 98
Spurs 0

heheheh

No, really-

Lakers 98
Spurs 93

Critter
05-20-2008, 11:56 PM
should be a good game

good luck, well not really

Mister Sinister
05-20-2008, 11:58 PM
None of us really knows what's going to happen tomorrow night.

None of us would bet our mortgages on what the final score would be.

That's fucking hilarious.

That's what it's all about.

Lakers 98
Spurs 0

heheheh

No, really-

Lakers 98
Spurs 93
I'd bet *somebody else's* mortgage on it. :wakeup

Sp Ginobili 20
05-21-2008, 12:04 AM
I believe and always will. Play tough, Spurs! :flag:

Fundamental
05-21-2008, 12:26 AM
This team is f'n amazing! Sure, sure, your team's amazing too, but the fucking Spurs defy all odds and pull out wins. I don't see the spurs making it this far and then losing before they get the final prize. Miracles happen and Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan will be the catalyst. Tomorrow is game night and i can't sleep. Every freaking year!! i love this team. i love these players. i love this organization as a whole.

GO SPURS F'N GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kathyladora
05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Haven't seen it posted anywhere, but there's been a lot of interest in referee assignments, so the refs for tonight's game are:

D. Crawford
J. Clark
B. Delaney

Should be a good game, hope the Spurs are well-rested.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Good visiting team officiating crew.

misterx91578
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Lets take home court now

believe in THIS
05-21-2008, 01:28 AM
:flag:Spurs in 7. Fck the Lakers. Kobe aint sht.

niko is a fan
05-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Errr.. Lakers in 6.

Games 1&2 = Laker W.
Game 3 = Spur W.
Game 4 = Laker W.
Game 5 = Spur W.
Game 6 = Laker W.

Good Luck to the Spurs. This will be a great series.

LA24
05-21-2008, 02:27 AM
I won't be able to watch game 1. But hopefully I can catch Game 2.

Lakers better win the first 2 if they want to win the series.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Kobe and Pau will get theirs. Duncan and either Tony or Manu (not both in the same game) will get theirs.

Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza and overall bench play will be key in this series.

milkyway21
05-21-2008, 05:17 AM
good Luckspurs!

bresilhac
05-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Kobe and Pau will get theirs. Duncan and either Tony or Manu (not both in the same game) will get theirs.

I agree Bryant will be tough to slow down but I disagree that Gasol will get his so easily. Tim has owned Gasol during the times that they have faced one another and this series will be no different. Tim will easily outperform the two headed beast of Gasol/Odom. Bank on it.

MagnusKrauss
05-21-2008, 06:55 AM
go spurs! :flag:

The_Game
05-21-2008, 07:04 AM
I agree Bryant will be tough to slow down but I disagree that Gasol will get his so easily. Tim has owned Gasol during the times that they have faced one another and this series will be no different. Tim will easily outperform the two headed beast of Gasol/Odom. Bank on it.

no he won't

people are expecting too much out of duncan. He can no longer dominant on a consistant basics anymore.

bresilhac
05-21-2008, 07:20 AM
no he won't

people are expecting too much out of duncan. He can no longer dominant on a consistant basics anymore.

Where did you learn your grammar, the Los Angeles Unified School District? Anyway Tim usually does better when the stakes are higher. I wouldn't expect anything less from the Great One. Gasol/Odom will learn what it means to play a quality, playoff low post game while they observe Tim.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Spurs win game 1, lose game 2, win games 3 and 4, lose game 5, win game 6. I can't tell you where I got this information, but it's from a reliable source.

You and I must have the same source. :lol

SPURS IN 6... :hat

Taco
05-21-2008, 08:34 AM
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Game Official 1 Official 2 Official 3
San Antonio @ L.A. Lakers D. Crawford J. Clark B. Delaney

DBryant88
05-21-2008, 09:02 AM

lakers in six fool

The_Game
05-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Where did you learn your grammar, the Los Angeles Unified School District? Anyway Tim usually does better when the stakes are higher. I wouldn't expect anything less from the Great One. Gasol/Odom will learn what it means to play a quality, playoff low post game while they observe Tim.

My grammer is just fine. How about you actually stick to the topic in hand? I'm not here bragging about how I have played at a much higher level at basketball than you could ever dream about. I'm here to talk about the series, I suggest you do the same.

Tim Duncan has been a great power forward for a long time. He is however on the downside of his career. He still has the quailty to put in big performances but not consistantly. Enough of the "he will rise to the big time of the playoffs" crap. Fact is Pau Gasol and Odom will likely come close to match Duncan's production which will put a huge amount of pressure on the rest of the Spurs players.

Spurs have their hands full with the Lakers big and long frontcourt.

Which is why I found it hard to see the Spurs winning this series without homecourt.

RashoFan
05-21-2008, 09:49 AM
I be at work when game time starts.....
Let's GO SPURS!!!!

No Injuries for both teams this series!

mVp
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM

Nice road officiating crew.

Deuces88
05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
I can't help sometimes but to look at the season series. It's 2-2. Spurs' 2 wins were by double digits and Lakers didn't have anyone of much importance sit out. Bowen shit on the Lakers team in one of the games, outscoring all the Laker players and holding Kobe to 18.

The Lakers' 2 wins were due to 1 or 2 of the big 3 being out. Lakers caught Duncan on a bad night along with Ginobili not playing to get a 21 point win. The other win they won by only 5 with both Duncan and Parker sitting out.

Furthermore, we all know that Spurs don't play their best during the regular season. But anyway, we don't count what happens in the regular season, so yea :lmao

Streakyshooter08
05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Spurs got this.

:flag::flag::flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2: :flag::flag: :flag:

Deuces88
05-21-2008, 10:17 AM
So we took down Suns trolls, then Hornets trolls, and we're going to dispatch the Lakers trolls and wait for Pistons in the finals (if Billups can get back on track in time).

Is there such a thing as a Pistons troll? I mean Pistons fans have a right to cheer for Pistons because Pistons are the only team (I won't name Hornets because only Chris Paul, not the whole team, gave us trouble) that threaten the Spurs run for the 5th title.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
I think it's important for the Spurs to get a split. Unlike the Hornets, this Lakers squad is a very good road team, they won a closeout game 6 in Utah. It's going to be hard for the Spurs to win 4 out of 6 against this Lakers team, since they have experience which the Hornets didn't.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
My grammer is just fine. How about you actually stick to the topic in hand? I'm not here bragging about how I have played at a much higher level at basketball than you could ever dream about. I'm here to talk about the series, I suggest you do the same.

Tim Duncan has been a great power forward for a long time. He is however on the downside of his career. He still has the quailty to put in big performances but not consistantly. Enough of the "he will rise to the big time of the playoffs" crap. Fact is Pau Gasol and Odom will likely come close to match Duncan's production which will put a huge amount of pressure on the rest of the Spurs players.

Which is why I found it hard to see the Spurs winning this series without homecourt.

Exactly. It's laughable how idiot Spurs fans keep throwing out "DUNCAN PWNS GASOL!!". I can guarantee you right now that won't happen. I'm not a stats guy, but the stats don't even backup that assertion. Gasol and Duncan both hit their averages against each other. And if you want to take the most recent statline into account, Gasol held Duncan to 6-19 shooting.

O-Factor
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Not both? They get theirs together more often than not.

O-Factor
05-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Exactly. It's laughable how idiot Spurs fans keep throwing out "DUNCAN PWNS GASOL!!". I can guarantee you right now that won't happen. I'm not a stats guy, but the stats don't even backup that assertion. Gasol and Duncan both hit their averages against each other. And if you want to take the most recent statline into account, Gasol held Duncan to 6-19 shooting.

Yeah the Suns and Hornets took the more recent regular season stat lines against the Spurs and thought they'd be okay too.:rolleyes

But where Duncan kicks Pau's ass is in intangibles and defense.

Duncan will have a much better offensive game than he did against the Hornets.

bresilhac
05-21-2008, 11:23 AM

Don't get too excited too soon Laker fan. The Hornets thought they had the series too and look what happened to them. You can knock TD all you want. The fact is he is singularly the most outstanding playoff performer of his generation. This year included. If Jackson thinks he's going to be playing against a Duncan who is "on the downside of his career" he would be doing his team an extreme disservice. I don't like Jackson but I know he isn't stupid.

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Lakers in 5.

No need to explain.

Mr.Franchize
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Lakers in 5.

No need to explain.

skeeeeeetskeeeet

O-Factor
05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Lakers in 5.

No need to explain.

Spurs in 3

No need to explain

GoldToe
05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
This is going to be a great series. So many great matchups from PG to coach.

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
SA you've had your time. You guys had a great run and were a dynasty. Now it's the MVP and the Lakers time.

gwidlon
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Spurs win tonight.
manu slept on the floor of the plane.
that will be enough to make him score 30pts

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Spurs win tonight.
manu slept on the floor of the plane.
that will be enough to make him score 30pts

Kobe is guarding him that's an end to your fallacy.

101A
05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Nice road officiating crew.

Of course.

They had to work at least ONE game; why not the one in which the Spurs are running on fumes, and the Lakers are supremely rested.

NO WAY the Spurs see Javie in LA in this series.

Spurs will see Javie for one home game, and J. Crawford for another.

Bavetta for game 2.

Dex
05-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Spurs have to smell it now. 8 games is so close.

More importantly, but with as much as this team has been through over the years (as well as the age factor), this team needs to play with a purpose. They are obviously and verifiably better when they are playing with fire and passion.

From being pushed to the brink of elimination, surviving two Win or Go Home Games and a Game 7 on the road, to being back to a clean slate going 0-0 into the Western Conference Finals has to be like a huge breath of fresh air for this team.

Hopefully, the Spurs can use that boost and make this thing happen.

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe that is the first time I've heard a Laker fan admit that the Spurs are a dynasty.

'bout time.

You Lakers fans do realize that the regular season is meaningless right? And that one man has never, and will never win a NBA championship. You've been drinking the national media cool aid.

We'll see how cocky you trolls are tomorrow after the wake up call.

SA you've had your time. You guys had a great run and were a dynasty. Now it's the MVP and the Lakers time.

ratm1221
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Spurs will win in 5. Spurs will shut down Kobe. Lakers defense is non-existent.

On another note, I foresee another boring ass Finals between Detroit and Spurs. Neither team will score over 75 points the entire series. I laugh at you David Stern, you piece of shit! haha He'll probably have a heart attack when he sees the Finals ratings.

http://www.ast-services.co.uk/casualty-care_clip_image004.jpg

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
For all the "boring" talk about a potential series between the Pistons and Spurs, people are forgetting that the current series between the Celtics and Pistons is going to be equally as boring by those standards. Both teams play defense first, so it's going to be a low scoring affair.

ratm1221
05-21-2008, 03:26 PM
For all the "boring" talk about a potential series between the Pistons and Spurs, people are forgetting that the current series between the Celtics and Pistons is going to be equally as boring by those standards. Both teams play defense first, so it's going to be a low scoring affair.

Very true. I watched about 10 minutes of Game 1 Detroit/Celtics and I was ready to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

SpursDynasty
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM
This Spurs and Lakers series will go no more than 5 games, Spurs 4-1

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm gonna go on record to say the Lakers blow this one out. I don't think Pop is even concerned with this game to be honest. I expect to see him pull the starters in the 4th if it gets ugly.

This series doesn't start until Game 2 IMHO, regardless of if the Lakers win.

Critter
05-21-2008, 03:52 PM
4 more hours until game time :)

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 03:52 PM
These lakers fans don't seem to understand what it takes to be a champion. Pop's been waiting for this moment since 2002.

Don't fool yourself, the defending champs are healthy. The New Orleans series has energized them. The only question is will the Lakers be able to bounce back after having their ass handed to them at home in game one...

I can't for the life of me figure out why the Lakers fans are so over confident.

For the record Spurs 4-2.

I'm gonna go on record to say the Lakers blow this one out. I don't think Pop is even concerned with this game to be honest. I expect to see him pull the starters in the 4th if it gets ugly.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 03:58 PM

:lmao Might be the dumbest post ever. Why the heck would Pop or even the Spurs NOT be concerned with Game 1 of the WCF? Every single game counts at this point in the playoffs, teams just don't take "off games" this late.

In fact, I'd go far as to say that the Spurs may be extra motivated to win tonight. Lakers have been resting on their laurels for a week now, all the momentum may be lower and they may show signs of rust...just look at how the Pistons fared in Game 1 last night against the Celtics.

And if it's a blowout in the 4th quarter, any coach is going to take out their star players.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Not both? They get theirs together more often than not.

The Lakers play better defense than the Hornets at the guard position. Kobe Bryant + Fisher are better than CP3+Mo Peterson. That said, Kobe will probably be on Manu so I don't see him breaking out. Most likely, Parker will have the best series for the Spurs.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out why the Lakers fans are so over confident.
For the record Spurs 4-2.

Kobe winning the MVP tells you how good the Lakers are this year.

Lakers in 5 or less.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 04:14 PM
The Lakers play better defense than the Hornets at the guard position. Kobe Bryant + Fisher are better than CP3+Mo Peterson. That said, Kobe will probably be on Manu so I don't see him breaking out. Most likely, Parker will have the best series for the Spurs.

The Spurs also play better defense at the guard position than Ronnie Brewer and Kenyon Martin. Udoka/Bowen + Parker are infinitely better defensively than Martin/AI or Brewer/DWill

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:16 PM
The Spurs also play better defense at the guard position than Ronnie Brewer and Kenyon Martin. Udoka/Bowen + Parker are infinitely better defensively than Martin/AI or Brewer/DWill

Of course they are, that's not the question :) Kobe will score his and so will Parker. I think Kobe/Ariza can stop Manu. The original question was why Duncan, Manu and Parker can't all score 20 a game against the Lakers. I just said basically because either Manu or Parker will be stopped each game.

Bowen and Ime is one of the best defensive duos. Parker can't stop Fisher, but then again nobody stops Fisher. Only Fisher stops Fisher.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Kobe winning the MVP tells you how good the Lakers are this year.

Lakers in 5 or less.

Steve Nash won the MVP 2 years ago, Dirk won the MVP last year, etc, etc and neither's team got the finals. Just because you have the voted MVP on your team doesn't automatically make your team superior.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Of course they are, that's not the question :) Kobe will score his and so will Parker. The original question was why Duncan, Manu and Parker can't all score 20 a game against the Lakers. I just said basically because either Manu or Parker will be stopped each game.

By that logic, I can argue that Kobe and Gasol will be stopped as Bowen and Duncan are better defenders than Brewer and Okur/Boozer.

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
By that logic, I can argue that Kobe and Gasol will be stopped as Bowen and Duncan are better defenders than Brewer and Okur/Boozer.

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

I can agree to your argument that Gasol might be stopped by Duncan so it does make sense. How does that NOT make sense?

Steve Nash won the MVP 2 years ago, Dirk won the MVP last year, etc, etc and neither's team got the finals. Just because you have the voted MVP on your team doesn't automatically make your team superior.
You're looking at the award itself, I'm looking at the fact that Kobe got the award. For years, Kobe has been an awesome player but the Anti-MVP. In the years past, Kobe was an outstanding 1 man team. You could beat the Lakers if you beat Kobe...either by making him take wild shots or letting him get his and shutting everybody down.

Nash, Dirk won the awards, they were the best teammembers but the best single player has always been Kobe.

This year, the Anti-MVP actually wins the MVP means the Lakers are a team once again. The Lakers were never going to win as a 1 man show. The Lakers are now a team that has both the best player in the NBA and the most selfish player who learned to play as a team member, that's what makes the Lakers so dangerous. I

t's not about the award itself, it's about the most talented and selfish player becoming the ultimate team player and that makes the Lakers very hard to beat.

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Gasol might be stopped by Duncan?

One guy has never won an NBA championship, not even the Jordan Bulls.

Hows Kobe's back holding up? His finger? You sure you should be so full of confidence? You seem heavily invested in Kobe Bryant, who's going to bowened. Gasol is going to be smothered by Duncan. Who's going to help your MVP? Who's your scorer.

We've got Tony Parker

I can agree to your argument that Gasol might be stopped by Duncan so it does make sense. How does that NOT make sense?

You're looking at the award itself, I'm looking at the fact that Kobe got the award. For years, Kobe has been an awesome player but the Anti-MVP. In the years past, Kobe was an outstanding 1 man team. You could beat the Lakers if you beat Kobe...either by making him take wild shots or letting him get his and shutting everybody down.

Nash, Dirk won the awards, they were the best teammembers but the best single player has always been Kobe.

This year, the Anti-MVP actually wins the MVP means the Lakers are a team once again. The Lakers were never going to win as a 1 man show. The Lakers are now a team that has both the best player in the NBA and the most selfish player who learned to play as a team member, that's what makes the Lakers so dangerous. It's not about the award itself, it's about the most talented and selfish player becoming the ultimate team player and that makes the Lakers very hard to beat.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Gasol might be stopped by Duncan?

One guy has never won an NBA championship, not even the Jordan Bulls.

Hows Kobe's back holding up? His finger? You sure you should be so full of confidence? You seem heavily invested in Kobe Bryant. Who's going to bowened. Gasol is going to be smothered by Duncan. Who's going to help him.

Kobe's back is fine, his finger still torn but that hasn't stopped him.

I don't seem full of confidence, I AM full of confidence, the Laker Juggernaut is going to continue to roll on. I think Spurfan will be shocked at the efficiency and might of the Lakers these days.

It's good there are so many Spur fans who so easily dismiss the Lakers as a fluke, the victories will be even sweeter :D

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 05:08 PM
It's ironic that they call themselves the Lakers but they have to pump their drinking water in from hundreds of miles away.

Almost as bad as calling Utah the Jazz. I have to suspect that the mormons aren't that big on jazz culture.

Why didn't they change their names when they moved?

Allanon
05-21-2008, 05:15 PM
It's ironic that they call themselves the Lakers but they have to pump their drinking water in from hundreds of miles away.

Almost as bad as calling Utah the Jazz. I have to suspect that the mormons aren't that big on jazz culture.

Not much I can say about that, it's all true.

Not really sure why teams keep their names when they move, probably to keep the fanbase.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Spurs win by 30.

rascal
05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
must must must win at least one of these in LA... no use tempting fate and trying to come back from 0-2 twice in the same playoff.

if we can get a blow out win in game 1 kobe might resort to old tricks and start throwing people under the bus... they've had a fairly smooth ride so far... you could tell by how close the games were in utah that the lakers were obviously the better team.

Don't expect a blowout win. Its more likely the spurs will be the ones getting blown out in game 1.

angel_luv
05-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Down with the LA Losers

Onward Spurs

:cheer :D :cheer

Kobe - in your case the MVP trophy stands for Make Vacation Plans.

PurpleNgold4Eva
05-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Are you guys serious with this "Spurs in 5" shit?? You guys needed 7 games to beat New Orleans, get out of here with that. Maybe you should actually watch some of these games. The spurs are just another team in the way.:lobt2:

GSH
05-21-2008, 06:05 PM

They tried. The NBA wouldn't allow a team called the "Shithole". Then they said no to "Sodomites". They finally got discouraged and kept the old name.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice avatar PurplenGold4Eva, some of the championship rings are downright ugly, that one looks pretty clean.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=12426&dateline=1211408863

GSH
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Hmm... he sounds stupid enough. Claims to play basketball. No self-control. Is that you, Samaki?

td4mvp3
05-21-2008, 06:14 PM
i just see a huge blowout win for the lakers tonight, like 20-plus points.

T Park
05-21-2008, 06:14 PM
turn in your card chump...

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Agreed. I don't think tonight's game will be that close at all, Lakers win big. And I don't think it will matter at all in this series.

This is going to be a prolonged chess match. Neither side is going to show their hand in Game 1.

Borosai
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
For those with a need...

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6784/stlakersloserslogoot2.png

Obstructed_View
05-21-2008, 06:29 PM
The Spurs should have stayed on the plane. They have no chance whatsoever in this series. Just seeing those gold jerseys are going to make them wet themselves and lie down in a fetal position as the Lakers have their way with them.

Oh wait, what? Bynum isn't playing? Oh. Spurs in five.

T Park
05-21-2008, 06:42 PM
:lol

dbreiden83080
05-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Agreed. I don't think tonight's game will be that close at all, Lakers win big. And I don't think it will matter at all in this series.

This is going to be a prolonged chess match. Neither side is going to show their hand in Game 1.

I hate to do it but i agree. Tonight has Laker win written all over it with the way the Spurs are coming in. Going to be tough to get this one.

PeterBurns
05-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Spurs 92
Lakers 101

bigfundamental21
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Don't doubt the Spurs! They will be ready tonight. Sleeping on a plane, fatigue, whatever, there are no excuses at this point. It's just winning time.

GO SPURS GO!

BELIEVE!

bdictjames
05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I have a feeling that after that emotional victory in Game 7, the Spurs will be ready for this game from the start. Close game, but Spurs pull it out and steal HCA.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Next game perhaps for the Spurs, after a nice sleep in a warm bed... not tonight though.

AstroCowboy
05-21-2008, 07:25 PM
The Phantom Oberto
Attack Of The Oberto
Revenge Of The Oberto
A New Oberto
The Oberto Strikes Back
Return Of The Oberto

.... It's Oberto Time Baby!!!

Obstructed_View
05-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I have a feeling that after that emotional victory in Game 7, the Spurs will be ready for this game from the start. Close game, but Spurs pull it out and steal HCA.

I agree. The Spurs had a hangover after beating the Suns, and Timmy's illness didn't help matters. I believe that the Spurs are done with any lingering thoughts of New Orleans and should be ready to take on the Lakers and play at a high level from the start.

~Sweetmelody~
05-21-2008, 07:34 PM

bruises and cunts
05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
I can tell you EXACTLY what type of bed these two sleep on. :D
(They bought it at one of our stores)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/riotdoll/blah/11.jpg

loveforthegame
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Here's hoping they come out strong and wanting to put their stamp on the 1st game.

Go Spurs!!

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 07:46 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/riotdoll/blah/11.jpg

http://funkyheart.com/images/stories/Borat/sexytime.gif

spyder
05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope all this rest thing doesn't effect the Spurs...Spurs in 6...Go Spurs Go...Fuck the Lakers:ihit:ihit:flag::flag:

Allanon
05-21-2008, 07:51 PM

I found this pic the other day, thought it was the coolest Eva pic I've seen.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/2008/05/20/eva_longoria.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Time to SHATTER THE FAKER'S ILLUSION.

Onward and upward.

GO SPURS GO!!! :flag:

And 10,000 posts for me! :D

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I found this pic the other day, thought it was the coolest Eva pic I've seen.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/2008/05/20/eva_longoria.jpg

It is pretty cool...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
10,001st post now... :depressed

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 08:01 PM
:lol at the helicopter

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Congrats....

Galileo
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
After this series is over, the Lakers trolls will be gone, just as the Hornets trolls have gone yonder.

Spurs in 6!

Allanon
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
10,000 posts eh Ruff'nReady, nice.

It's almost game time fellas, good luck to the Spurs and hope we get a great game. As much as a 20 point blowout sounds cool, a close game should be much more entertaining.

I'll be trolling intermittently throughout.

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Good words from Kobe....

Hes always been a Bruce fan so to speak.

The only one who can nut up and take a challange even when he gets beat.

marini martini
05-21-2008, 08:04 PM
1. Nails painted silver & black.................Check
2. Lucky Spurs shorts on.......................Check
3. Wine chilled.....................................Check
4. Dinner on stove................................Check
5. V-bookie made.................................Check
6. Lucky jewelry on...............................Check

Let's Go SPURS!

gameFACE
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Bowen is a Laker killer. Spurs will steal Game 1.

It's the airplane effect.

Bulwark
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Go Spurs Go. Let's get this going.

Pistons < Spurs
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Go get em' Spurs!!! Kick some ASS!!!!

:flag::flag::flag:

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Did Chuck just call Udoka ....Ubadoka

Zig
05-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Charles Barkley needs to STFU!!!

Allanon

Umadoka I think hahah.

Bulwark
That's what I heard. :lol That's Turrable!

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I hate these cavemen...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Thanks. :)

Hahahahaha, Gasol can guard TD one-on-one... :lmao

Time to prove the experts wrong yet again. GO SPURS GO!!! :flag:

BTW, isn't Charles Barkley becoming a bit like the vague uncle at the family BBQ, the one everyone loves because he's funny, often unintentionally, but no-one takes anything he says seriously? I love Chuck, and he knows 'ball, but he's become a bit of a parody of himself.

FlAVaK
Just found a legal stream by TNT:

http://www.tnt.tv/sports/nba/playoffs08_live/

You can choose different camera angles.

They have a special Manu-Cam!!!

Enjoy the game

Avitus1
Chuck always sounds like he might have some food in his mouth or something.

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 08:10 PM
That's what I heard. :lol That's Turrable!

haha

and Craig Sager sux

Pistons < Spurs
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Enjoy the game

Good find! That's pretty sweet!

Manu20
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Duncan with a huge game tonight!

Allanon
05-21-2008, 08:12 PM

Enjoy the game

Hey, that's pretty awesome, thanks for the link.

Avitus1
Good find! That's pretty sweet!

Thanks.

ATXSPUR
Lets get this started!!!!!!!!!!

Kriz-Maxima
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Almost that time, good luck Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Chuck really outta lose 40lbs too. He looks like an overstuffed teddybear, and he's a prime candidate for a heart attack any time now...

bigzak25

Enjoy the game

you sir are a GodSend. Much Thanks brother!!! :flag:

lefty
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Enjoy the game

:wow

mVp
05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Here we go...

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 08:16 PM
At least there's no Reggie Miller

Kriz-Maxima
Manu cam!!!

Radiosparks
Bowen hits a Jumper.

Spurs Brazil
Kobe on TP

Radiosparks
05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
TP hits a J.

Spurs Brazil
05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Tp J!!!!!!!!

Pistons < Spurs
05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
She & Tony sleep on a Sealy Posturepedic purchased at Mattress Firm recently. Model is called "The PIKE Luxury Euro Pillowtop."
$2499 in King size.
You'll be hearing from them concerning the body impressions...They'd have been better off w/ a Simmons Black Label. Or even the Tempur Grand.

Lakers999
05-21-2008, 08:19 PM
dammit

mother
good start

Radiosparks
Nice defense being played by the Spurs.

Spurs Brazil
TD from TP!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs up 8-4

hump
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
What a different looking game

Kyle Smith
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
**Prediction**

They're not going to take the lead once.

hump
05-21-2008, 08:21 PM
some wild shots

ATXSPUR
fucking rodmonavic is doing too much for my liking right now. Spurs offense looks good too though.

mVp
Manu's getting owned on defense...

Bullshit call on Oberto.

Pistons < Spurs
Spurs are lookin good out there! But so do the Lakers.

boutons_
Spurs don't look tired, very active, alert.

how long can they keep it up?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Kobe, eh? Such an incredible balla, such an unlikeable human being. He's like a poor-man's Jordan without the charisma.

Radiosparks
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
God I hate that angle.

Spurs Brazil
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Radmanovic is killing us

Kyle Smith
attaboy brucey.

Radiosparks
Bowen with his second Jumper.

Spurs Brazil
05-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Pop time out

Spurs up 12-10

mVp
Radmanovic is fucking killing us...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Nice block by Odom.

gaKNOW!blee
why has ginobili only touched the ball like once?

Cant_Be_Faded
Radmanovic vs Bowen for the first battle of this series.

It's so funny watching Kobe be in distributor mode. He has no in between mode.

hump
This game looks much more to our pace than the Horenets series

der Kaiser
Time out already?

Pussies.

Borosai
05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Timmy needs to buy some Jumpsoles.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Radmanovic is killing us

That's fine. He's not going to win 4 games for them. The more Vlad Rad sees of the ball, the less Kobe and Pau get it, and that's fine with me.

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Ah .... Manu should be on the bench i think.... Parker dominates the ball alot during the start of games... and rightly so... they use that time to get Parker and Timmy going.... and let Manu counter their second unit..

This is a different beast to NO.. they couldnt punish us with their bench.

Avitus1
Good jump by Bruce thus far. He always seems to play good in LA.

lefty
Man that TNT live feed is great !!! :wow:wow:wow

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Totally different feel to this game, far more up and down, but i think we're playing their pace at the moment. To beat these guys we have to slow it down a bit.

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 08:27 PM
So glad this game isn't on ESPN.

MaNuMaNiAc
That's fine. He's not going to win 4 games for them. The more Vlad Rad sees of the ball, the less Kobe and Pau get it, and that's fine with me.

What the hell does it matter who makes the baskets? We can't afford to make fucking Radmanovic look like Kobe out there.

RuffnReadyOzStyle

Which angle do you like?

Avitus1

agreed

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
The Manu cam is kinda cool....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Too much damn jumpshooting.

DRIVE THE LANE.

mystargtr34
Fuck i love Ime hes so aggressive he nearly took that ball right away from Tim :lol

Radiosparks
Get in that paint TP.

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
LOL @ the ref.

mVp
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Imeeeeeeeeeeeeee

resistanze
05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Udoka :lol

Avitus1
Ime!!!!!!!

mother
udoka!

misterx91578
Ime

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Good choice to play Horry early. He loves playing the Fakers.

Radiosparks
Ime with a 3333333333!!!

Avitus1
Play that D!

mVp
Tim and 1 !!!!!

mother
duncan and 1!!!

Avitus1
Timmy! And 1!!!!

misterx91578
TImmy and 1

ATXSPUR
Ime earning his stay more and more every night.

Fundamental
And 1!!!

Avitus1
05-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Buckets!

lefty
Which angle do you like?

All, except the overhead one

Spurs Brazil
Ime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duncan228
05-21-2008, 08:33 PM
All, except the overhead one

The overhead one makes me seasick.

spursking
This is my first post - so wat up everbody! Let me pre-empt by saying I was 15 ft from D. Fisher when the 0.4 sec shot was justified. My point tonight is keep track of all the incorrect calls. I know everyone says the referring will take care of itself, but track the calls and just see what the results are at the end of the series. Be fair and track ones given us as well as ones given to the Lakers. Just something to watch as the NBA worst nightmare is Spurs vs Pistons in 08!

Radiosparks
Horry playing some great D!

resistanze
Horry has Odom on LOCKDOWN

mVp
oh la la Tonyyyyy

lefty
Tppppppppppppp

mother
05-21-2008, 08:34 PM
time out, 8 pt lead

ChumpDumper
Time out already?

Pussies.

duncan228
Staples quiet, the trolls quiet. It's all good so far.

Guess what LA? You had no idea what was coming in.

David Stern
05-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Bowen will pick up his 2nd foul very soon. I will make sure he faces foul trouble early and often. :lmao

LA24
Lakers are rusty. We'll be fine.

LA24

There's a lot of game left to be played.

Spurs Brazil
Horry is doing a very good job on Odom so far

David Stern
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM

Guess what dude? You have no idea how I can change things.

01Snake
Much different game then the Hornets

Avitus1
:lol

AstroCowboy
yea, thanks to the original poster for the TNT feed. I'm so digging the Manu cam now =)

mystargtr34
Horry is playing some great D

Tony is picking them apart

Timmy being Timmy

and

IMMEEEEEE

David Stern
Horry is doing a very good job on Odom so far

Wont last much longer. Not if I have anything to say about it.:king

efrem1
Is LA going to their bench? They will wear out their starters before long.

Avitus1
Time out already?

Pussies.

LOL

RuffnReadyOzStyle

:tu

The baddest, meanest boys in the nation! :lol

T Park
Letting Radmonovic go 4-4 is absolutely inexcuseable.

ATXSPUR
05-21-2008, 08:37 PM
wtf has gotten into rodmonavic?

Radiosparks
05-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Get Finley going.

mVp
What a play by Manu... wow

mother
ginobili

misterx91578
Manu 3

Radiosparks
Manuuuuuuuuuuuu....Tres!

DespЏrado
05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Lakers just don't seem to have the interior defense to really hang with the Spurs so far. We aren't playing particularly well, but just clean and efficient. Our D isn't super and the Lakers are getting so many calls. But the game looks like a Spurs game.

mVp
05-21-2008, 08:40 PM
You gotta dunk that shit Kurt...