PDA

View Full Version : I guess the Eagles shouldn't even show up.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Nobody giving them a chance. I can't wait to see the reactions when they make a game of it. Everybody wrote Carolina off early last year as well. But they went out and made the Pats earn a closely contested, hard fought victory. The same is going to happen this year against the Eagles. McNabb will be running his ass off. Dawkins and the rest of the defense will be head-hunting. By gametime, these Eagles will be the heavy underdogs. The pressure will rest mostly on the Pats' shoulders.

Hell, I'm gettin jacked just thinking about it! I want to hear from everyone who thinks this game isn't even going to be close (14+ points). Put yourself out there. Lets make some friendly little wagers to make this thing interesting.

pooh
01-25-2005, 03:25 AM
It will be close until the 3rd and the Pats will break away and win

3rdCoast
01-25-2005, 05:05 AM
pats will smoke the eags

rr2418
01-25-2005, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=IceColdBrewski]Nobody giving them a chance. I can't wait to see the reactions when they make a game of it. Everybody wrote Carolina off early last year as well. But they went out and made the Pats earn a closely contested, hard fought victory. The same is going to happen this year against the Eagles. McNabb will be running his ass off. Dawkins and the rest of the defense will be head-hunting. By gametime, these Eagles will be the heavy underdogs. The pressure will rest mostly on the Pats' shoulders.

I'm not an Easgles fan, but I think the game will be a close one. It might even go down to wire. But I think the Patriots will win because they have (in my opinion) a better all around game. They can hurt you with the run and pass equally. The main factor that stands out is at QB--------Tom Brady! He doesn't have the arm or the speed that McNabb has, but I think he's a smarter QB. He won't force that pass that I've seen McNabb do. He'll play within his limits. He'll make the right decisions! The Pats may not have more talented players, but I think they know they each have roles to play and fill. The Eagles on the other hand seem to have the "we bad, we going to hurt you" attitude! They think they're invincable!

Duff McCartney
01-25-2005, 01:22 PM
You're right...they shouldn't. For the sake of the fans in Philly...even though I could give two shits about them anyway.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Every won disrespects Philly.

They were talking about it with Brian Dawkins on today's press conference.

Everyone disrespects the city, the team, and the fans.

The Cowboy fans spend more time rooting against Philly than rooting for Dallas....stupid fucks....they even spend money on a brand new jersey of the opposing team.

Fuck the Cowboys, and their shit hole fans. If you want me to take this back, then show some mother fuckin respect bitches.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:18 PM
The Cowboy fans spend more time rooting against Philly than rooting for Dallas....stupid fucks....they even spend money on a brand new jersey of the opposing team.

Fuck the Cowboys, and their shit hole fans. If you want me to take this back, then show some mother fuckin respect bitches.

Fuck you. I am a huge fan of the Cowboys and I have done nothing but prop Philly for their win and for going to the Super Bowl in this football forum. You respect is earned and you can start to earn some by not giving ignorant blanket statements about all Cowboy fans. If I came in here and said "all Eagles fans are fucktards" I would get, and deserve to get, shit for it. You can't be accurate by saying or implying all Dallas fans because nobody knows exactly how many fans there are. On that same tip, I can tell you most of the Cowboy fans I know are actually pulling for Philly because they are loyal to the NFC and particularly the NFC East. I will agree with you this...anyone, regardless of team, who is so much of a coward to pull the "i root for anyone who plays the "insert team here" card deserves to be shit on. So does someone who buys a jersey from any team that they don't root for. So before you start spewing off about respect, check yourself. When you complain that everyone hates on Philly or no one gives Philly respect then you lump all Cowboy fans as "shit hole fans" you are doing the same thing to them what you accuse them of doing to you.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't mean all Cowboys fans, I have respect for you.

Im talking about the ones that hate us just as a hobby.

Today, on Comcast Sports Net (local TV) , they showed a cowboy fan that was being interviewed. He had a brand new Tom Brady jersey. He spent 65 bucks just to buy a jersey of the opposing team of the Eagles, for one game. And after that, he was pretty much saying on live tv " I hate Eagles, fuck you all!" only in different words.

Someone who spends 65 bucks to piss people off, and say on philly's local TV how much he hates us, that's pretty fucking ignorant.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Well, all teams have fans that are not the sharpest of people. Sadly my two teams, Spurs and Cowboys, have their share as well. Dallas has always had one of the biggest bandwagons ever. A lot of people who were not there in the 80's showed up in the 90's and are gone again and it sucks ass. It is easy to be a fan of a team when they are winning....it takes effort to stay with a team when they are not. That is why I laugh at some of the kids I coach. They are all Spurs fans and have been spoiled by the success of the Robinson-Duncan era. I tell them..."You weren't here when Petur Gudmunsson, Frank Brickowski and Mike Smrek took turns at center!" :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Sadly my two teams, Spurs and Cowboys, have their share as well. Dallas has always had one of the biggest bandwagons ever. A lot of people who were not there in the 80's showed up in the 90's and are gone again and it sucks ass. It is easy to be a fan of a team when they are winning....it takes effort to stay with a team when they are not.

Im a Sixer's fan, and we suck ass.

No play-offs last year....terrible.

The Sixers are below .500, and still #1 in the Atlantic Division, this hole division sucks major ass.

Ever since we went to the finals, we have gone dowhill at a quicker rate each year.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Well hopefully the Eagles can do what was last done by the Sixers.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Well hopefully the Eagles can do what was last done by the Sixers.
Lose in the championship?

Thanks

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:39 PM
actually...I meant win a championship! :)

rr2418
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
I will agree with you this...anyone, regardless of team, who is so much of a coward to pull the "i root for anyone who plays the "insert team here" card deserves to be shit on.

I have to diagree with you samikeyp!

I'm a huge Cowboy fan and naturally I do not like the Eagles. So of coarse I'm rooting for whoever plays the Eagles! I don't think we are "cowards", or should be "shitted on" as you put it. There are no rules on who you should root for or why you're rooting for them. I'm not going to root for the Eagles just b/c they're in the East div. or an NFC team. And no! I'm not buying a Patriots t-shirt either! I'm rooting against the the Eagles b/c I don't like them, plain and simple!!

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm rooting against the the Eagles b/c I don't like them, plain and simple!!

I can see that.

I always root against the purple and piss, just because I don't like them.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
That's cool RR. and you are correct, there are no set rules. I have always been of the belief that you choose one team and stick with them. You root for your team. Any thing else is irrelevant. I don't belive in rooting against someone for the sole purpose of rooting against them. I feel that is bad sportsmanship and we already have too much negativity in sports. However, it is just my opinion and in no way would I try to or want to say my way is the only way. I should have added a "IMO" or something to specify. I respect your opinion and your right to express it and if I gave the impression my way was best or the way it should be, that was not my intent and I apologize.

Duff McCartney
01-25-2005, 03:25 PM

You will never get respect from a Cowboys fan...Philly fans..the same shitbags that fucking cheered...CHEERED when Michael Irvin went down with a serious neck injury. They CHEERED when he had to be taken off in a god damn stretcher.

Fuck the Eagles, fuck their fans, fuck that city. They don't ever deserve a championship...and I hope they never get one.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Fuck the Eagles, fuck their fans, fuck that city. They don't ever deserve a championship...and I hope they never get one.

Fuck you...

I would say shit about your city, Dallas, but im afraid there's no point because everyone in here is a Texan.

I agree with you!

Fuck the Eagles!
Fuck this gay ass city that used to be the capital! And fuck the people of Philadelphia!!!!!

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 03:43 PM
You will never get respect from a Cowboys fan...Philly fans..the same shitbags that fucking cheered...CHEERED when Michael Irvin went down with a serious neck injury. They CHEERED when he had to be taken off in a god damn stretcher.

Ah. The truth comes out. You're just a hater. A hater with minimum football knowledge at that. What's worse is you hate Philly because you fell for lazy journalism. That's just too damn funny.

I had an uncle at that game. Here's what the media failed to bring up. The fans did cheer when Irvin was slammed to the ground. That's only natural since it's a rivalry. But when it became apparent that he might be seriously injured, the crowd went silent. Then candy-ass Deion Sanders started doing some stupid fuckin (hey look at me) Indian dance around Irvin. HE is the one the crowd was fucking with. And lastly, they cheered when Irvin was taken off on a stretcher. But that happens in every stadium in America when a player is carted off. It's not to cheer the injury. But to wish the injured player well.

Your problem is that you believe everything the media wants you to believe.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 03:48 PM
And lastly, they cheered when Irvin was taken off on a stretcher. But that happens in every stadium in America when a player is carted off. It's not to cheer the injury. But to wish the injured player well.

Your problem is that you believe everything the media wants you to believe.
Be easy on the poor guy. Perhaps he doesn't understand sports as well as you.

That doesn't make him a dumbass....or does it? :smokin

rr2418
01-25-2005, 03:56 PM
That's cool RR. and you are correct, there are no set rules. I have always been of the belief that you choose one team and stick with them. You root for your team. Any thing else is irrelevant. I don't belive in rooting against someone for the sole purpose of rooting against them. I feel that is bad sportsmanship and we already have too much negativity in sports. However, it is just my opinion and in no way would I try to or want to say my way is the only way. I should have added a "IMO" or something to specify. I respect your opinion and your right to express it and if I gave the impression my way was best or the way it should be, that was not my intent and I apologize.

Apology accepted! :)

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 04:06 PM
how many fucking eagle threads are needed in this forum? give it a rest already chump

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 04:08 PM
how many fucking eagle threads are needed in this forum? give it a rest already chump
Not Enough :smokin

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 04:13 PM
its not surprising that two of the worst posters in this forum are eagles fans

Das Texan
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
i think the eagles and their entire organization and everythign about them is hated so much by cowboy fans due in large to their cheering of michael irvin being wheeled off on a stretcher.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Well your ARE the worst poster.

So whatever team you like, im not surprised

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 04:21 PM
whatever eases your pain gay boy

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
whatever eases your pain gay boy
I would only be gay if I were a chick.

But you never seem to get over the "gay" chat in the Club.
You always bring it up, I come to the conclusion that you are seriously a homosexual.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 04:47 PM

This coming from a poster who never does anything but hurl childish insults. I'm so devastated. :rolleyes

At least we're talking football. All I see out of you is your normal 6th grade bullshit.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Violentkitten, how old are you by the way....

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 05:02 PM
i think the eagles and their entire organization and everythign about them is hated so much by cowboy fans due in large to their cheering of michael irvin being wheeled off on a stretcher.

That was the part that pissed me off but I know it has nothing to do with the team itself. Besides it would be short sided to blame all Philly fans for that. There are several who did not boo and you can't blame IceCold and Al for that unless they were there. Now, again speaking for myself only, I do not hate any team. I personally believe that hate does not belong in sports. There are certain organizations I do not care for or respect. Usually a problem that I will have is with an individual player or fan. I have two very dear friends who are Philly fans and are the nicest people you could meet. Neither will ever don the Star but neither would cheer at an injured player either.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 05:15 PM

Like I told the other guy. You listen to the media too much. That recent article about Daunte Culpepper's wife(?) being harrassed in the philly stands was lazy jounalism at its finest. There's no way you're going to convince me that any of Daunte's immideate family would be mingling amonst the philly fans instead of being in a nice cozy luxury box.

I think most Cowboy fans have used the "you booed Irvin while he was injured" crap as an excuse. They're just pissed that the Eagles were the team that cut his career short. I guess somebody has to take the blame.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 05:23 PM
If the boxes are all sold out...then it is possible that the family would be in the stands. Alot of players wives and families sit in reserved sections in the stadium seats. Hell, Carr's wife got beer thrown at her and it was in Houston! Just because a player makes millions of dollars, we cannot assume his family would not sit in the seats. I agree that its wrong to use Irvin's injury as an excuse....he could have been hurt anywhere but we also cannot assume that fans are above bad behavior, even though its usually a few and not the majority.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 05:35 PM
If the boxes are all sold out...then it is possible that the family would be in the stands. Alot of players wives and families sit in reserved sections in the stadium seats. Hell, Carr's wife got beer thrown at her and it was in Houston! Just because a player makes millions of dollars, we cannot assume his family would not sit in the seats. I agree that its wrong to use Irvin's injury as an excuse....he could have been hurt anywhere but we also cannot assume that fans are above bad behavior, even though its usually a few and not the majority.

I guess it's possible if the boxes were all sold out. But it still sounds fishy to me. I'm sure Red McCombs would've offered a seat in his box.

Every fan base is going to have its share of bad apples. The bad apples have spoiled it for the bunch many times in Philly and lazy journalists everywhere have used it for a crutch for a long time.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 05:39 PM

Oh that's brilliant.

Yeah, I agree. Lets stop with all these damn football threads in the football forum. Because I really miss the recent days of coming in here and having to wade through endless college basketball threads to find some football talk.

Good times.

:rolleyes

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Violentkitten, how old are you by the way....

im not going to sleep with you

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
That is why a college basketball forum would be cool.

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 05:45 PM
This coming from a poster who never does anything but hurl childish insults. I'm so devastated. :rolleyes

At least we're talking football. All I see out of you is your normal 6th grade bullshit.

all ive seen from you is lame insults. fuck man nobody cares about the eagles and your spam isnt going to change that

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Oh that's brilliant.

Yeah, I agree. Lets stop with all these damn football threads in the football forum. Because I really miss the recent days of coming in here and having to wade through endless college basketball threads to find some football talk.

Good times.

:rolleyes

not an excuse man

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 05:58 PM
not an excuse man

Your right. There's no excuse for football talk on a footbal forum just before the Super Bowl. We get it kid. Run along now. Go finish your homework before Mommy and Daddy get home.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 06:04 PM
That is why a college basketball forum would be cool.

I agree.

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Your right. There's no excuse for football talk on a footbal forum just before the Super Bowl. We get it kid. Run along now. Go finish your homework before Mommy and Daddy get home.

no, theres no excuse for your spam guido

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2005, 09:07 PM
im not going to sleep with you
Stupid comment.

Another comment leading to your sexuality, damn dude, all you can think about his gay comments...you haven't insulted me in a while w/o saying something about sexuality, and BTW, im straight you douche bag.

I was asking how old you were to see how pathetic it is for 30 year olds cursing off all day, never leaving there computer instead of worrying about their job or family life, but you have neither.
So I suggest you go commit suicide.

violentkitten
01-25-2005, 11:48 PM
look in the mirror little dumbfuck. nobody here gives a damn about your overweight 3rd world sweaty smelly ass

IceColdBrewski
01-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Stop waisting your time Alvarez. ViolentPussy is obviously just another pissed off Eagles hater. Insults are all she has left. ;)

samikeyp
01-26-2005, 01:12 AM
I was asking how old you were to see how pathetic it is for 30 year olds cursing off all day, never leaving there computer instead of worrying about their job or family life,

Hey now....I get to surf the net while at work! :)

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 12:02 PM
look in the mirror little dumbfuck. nobody here gives a damn about your overweight 3rd world sweaty smelly ass

Ok,
1. I have way more friends than your pathetic ass
2. Im not overweight, I play Varsity football and JV basketball
3. 3rd world ? I live on the east coast in a big house, not a little shack in texas you flamer ( don't take this personally other texans, only VK )

I'll say it again, go commit suicide.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 02:44 PM
1 which explains why you have well over a thousand posts here. doubly pathetic for a supposed 15 year old you should be living it up not sitting in front of a pc all day.

2 sure you do. you wish you were able to get into the mens lockerroom.

3 biggest crack house on the block. dont live in texas, 3rd world trash

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
1 which explains why you have well over a thousand posts here. doubly pathetic for a supposed 15 year old you should be living it up not sitting in front of a pc all day.

2 sure you do. you wish you were able to get into the mens lockerroom.

3 biggest crack house on the block. dont live in texas, 3rd world trash
Go commit suicide.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
you first

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
you first
Go commit suicide.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
the pain is too much for you, isnt it

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
the pain is too much for you, isnt it
Go Commit Suicide.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
go cut and paste

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Commit suicide

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
jump bitch

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2005, 04:33 PM
W/E VK.

This is getting old. Im done paying attention to your faggot ass.

Go suck a cock, that is your job right?