PDA

View Full Version : Nobody wants to play defense.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Spurs deserve to lose this game. No intensity on defense at all. Just letting them take it to the hole everytime.

ZStomp
01-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Wow.

Who would have thought?

I agree with the Beer.

T Park
01-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Just letting them take it to the hole everytime.

No interior defense.

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2005, 12:17 AM
That backdoor alley-oop should be enough to seal the deal. :rolleyes

SequSpur
01-25-2005, 12:17 AM
No Rasho, no interior defense......................

lmao..... Malik in the game?

Go figure

ZStomp
01-25-2005, 12:18 AM

lmao..... Malik in the game?

Go figure

WHAT? A positive on Rasho by SeQ?

T Park
01-25-2005, 12:20 AM

I believe more than one poster here said that is what would happen.

But, keep believing that it isn't true.

MannyIsGod
01-25-2005, 12:28 AM
yes, because Rasho is such an energetic spark.

Spurminator
01-25-2005, 12:30 AM
It's not necessarily about energy, otherwise having Malik Rose guard the opposing PF would usually be a good thing.

T Park
01-25-2005, 12:31 AM
energetic spark.

I would say having a second shot blocker in there, and having a guy that can play D against the opposition's center, was missed tonight.

But, Massenburg can do it right.

Nikos
01-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Maliks D was awful on Miles, he basically got Miles going.

Not all his fault, but the game really slipped away when that matchup was set.

Poor defense combined with the Blazers hitting everything lost this game.

Oh well. Seems like this team loses to the weaker teams more often than the good ones.

SequSpur
01-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Fuck No Massenburg Can't Do It... Neither Can Rasho.

I've Been Saying It For 2 Fucking Years Now That Pop Needs To Get A Legit Center.

Analysts, Fans, Etc. Have Been Saying All Fucking Year That This Team Is A Center Away From Being The Perfect Fucking Team.

I Am Sick Of Rasho And Journeyman Massenburg.......i Demand Fucking Talent On A Championship Caliber Team... I Am Calling Pop Tomorrow, I Am Writing Articles In The Express News...... I Don't Give A Fuck... I Will Not Rest Until Its Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Fuck.

exstatic
01-25-2005, 12:41 AM
WHO, Sequ? Tell me what LEGIT center is available?

T Park
01-25-2005, 12:43 AM

I've Been Saying It For 2 Fucking Years Now That Pop Needs To Get A Legit Center.

Analysts, Fans, Etc. Have Been Saying All Fucking Year That This Team Is A Center Away From Being The Perfect Fucking Team.

I Am Sick Of Rasho And Journeyman Massenburg.......i Demand Fucking Talent On A Championship Caliber Team... I Am Calling Pop Tomorrow, I Am Writing Articles In The Express News...... I Don't Give A Fuck... I Will Not Rest Until Its Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Fuck

You are one sad little man.

T Park
01-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Maliks D was awful on Miles

Miles is alot more athletic and taller.

Malik busted ass tonight, he just didnt play well mentally.

whottt
01-25-2005, 03:03 AM
Malik busted ass tonight, he just didnt play well mentally.

That's why Malik needs minutes no matter how well Horry is playing.

Malik definitely gets better the more minutes he is getting...he needs those minutes to shake off his clumsiness. Malik is a weapon against guys like Shaq and he is still IMO the guy capable of having the biggest game out of all our bigs. He just needs to keep getting consistent minutes.

Malik can't get all the minutes because Horry makes the team so much smarter when he is playing...Horry can't get all the minutes because Malik becomes useless if he only plays infrequently.

Malik's play will improve with every game Rasho is out...watch and see.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-25-2005, 06:40 AM
Rasho missing.

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2005, 08:15 AM
No pain, no gain! :spin

Useruser666
01-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Rasho, Chandler, and maybe even David Robinson would not have helped last night. The Spurs couldn't hit shit, and the Blazers just hit enough garbage shots to seal it. I felt through most of the game like the Spurs were just 2-3 shots from breaking away. Too bad they never did.

boutons
01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
"The Spurs couldn't hit shit"

Absolutely NOT true. Spurs shot 44% FG%, 39% 3G, 83% FT, the latter two being above the league-best avg's. Those %age's plus Spurs defense will normally win the game, easily.

FTs actually kept Spurs in the game (rather than more usually losing the game), Spurs 25 pts vs POR 15 pts on FTs.

But Blazers shot incredibly well, 56% FG, 57% 3G, 83% FT. Almost no games will have the loser shooting such high numbers. Blazers would have beaten 99% of the NBA last night. They certainly didn't play like a team 9 games under .500 and 19 games behind the Spurs.

This was not a Spurs give-away loss like 8 of the other losses. Spurs played a solid offensive game but got beat by a very hot-shooting lottery team.

Even when the Spurs play a mediocre defensive game, the other teams still has to hit their shots, and the Blazers certainly did that.

rr2418
01-25-2005, 09:28 AM

Fuck.

Did you major in english? ;)