PDA

View Full Version : TV ratings up for NBA playoffs

ducks
05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
TV ratings up for NBA playoffs
1 hour, 26 minutes ago

Printable View
Return to Original Buzz Up PrintNEW YORK (AP)—The NBA playoffs are drawing higher television ratings than they did last season.

The 36 games on TNT through the first two rounds have averaged a 2.4 rating, up 14 percent from last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An.On_j29dbCEXWP2kij8LmLvLYF?slug=ap-playoffs-ratings&prov=ap&type=lgns&print=1

ElNono
05-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Funny that the Suns were eliminated in the first round and now ratings are up.
I guess they weren't basketball's saviors after all.

G-Nob
05-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Celtics vs. Lakers would be huge

cbinge
05-20-2008, 05:01 PM
don't know why i care, but i was curious as to the ratings for last nights game, if anyone finds it?

whottt
05-20-2008, 05:03 PM
The Spurs have been playing in record setting TNT playoffs for years.....it's the Network and ESPN ratings where they suck...probably because those idiots call them boring and lame while TNT never has.

Nothing sets up an anticipated NBA Finals like calling the likely participant boring every time their name is mentioned....all year long, year after year.

Even after they have a guy that a great deal of star players and coaches in the NBA consider one of the most fun to watch in Manu...and the guy that is arguably the fastest player in the NBA in Parker.

Suns = rebound run shoot rebound run shoot

Spurs = defend, post up, rebound, run, shoot, drive to the hoop, run back on d...etc.

The Spurs can run or play halfcourt...they haven't even been a pure halfcourt team in half a decade.

And it's not the style of play that makes a game exciting...it's how close it is...especially at the end, and the Spurs usually play in more close games than anyone.

mrspurs
05-20-2008, 05:04 PM
winning championship after championship aint got nothing todo with tv ratings...go spurs go

PDXSpursFan
05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
The ratings are up because the Lakers and Celts are in the playoffs.
Ratings will drop for the Spurs vs. Pistons finals

whottt
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
On top of that I'd be willing to bet the Spurs pull in nice numbers on Internatinal Ratings...and after 4 championships and contending year in and year out and being the leagues dominant team....they would draw better ratings if ESPN didn't suck ass.

kobe_mvp_24
05-20-2008, 05:14 PM
it will go down if spurs are not gone fishin yet but im pretty sure they wil be fishin by the end of this series

rascal
05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
This will come way down if the spurs make the finals.

Spurminator
05-20-2008, 05:18 PM
That would be no one's fault but the networks. I couldn't care less.

dbestpro
05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I love how everyone talks about the ratings. The highest ratings ever had about 25 million people watch the game in the US and another 20 million worldwide. Yes, the Spurs usually draw about 10-15 million US (lowest ever) but also another 100 million worldwide (highest ever). So, the Lakers can be the west's team, the Celtics the east and the Pistions the midwest while the Spurs are the world's team.

Borosai
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Thank you TNT.

rascal
05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
The Spurs have been playing in record setting TNT playoffs for years.....it's the Network and ESPN ratings where they suck...probably because those idiots call them boring and lame while TNT never has.

Nothing sets up an anticipated NBA Finals like calling the likely participant boring every time their name is mentioned....all year long, year after year.

Even after they have a guy that a great deal of star players and coaches in the NBA consider one of the most fun to watch in Manu...and the guy that is arguably the fastest player in the NBA in Parker.

TSpurs = defend, post up, rebound, run, shoot, drive to the hoop, run back on d...etc.

The Spurs can run or play halfcourt...they haven't even been a pure halfcourt team in half a decade.

And it's not the style of play that makes a game exciting...it's how close it is...especially at the end, and the Spurs usually play in more close games than anyone.

Don't make claims that the spurs are not boring. To most fans the spurs are boring. Like it or not thats the way it is to the average nba tv viewer.

Galileo
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM

Spurs = defend, post up, rebound, run, shoot, drive to the hoop, run back on d...etc.

The Spurs play like the 1960s Celtics, like a well oiled machine. Very exciting!

Duncan is the 2nd coming of Bill Russell.

whottt
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Don't make claims that the spurs are not boring.

Don't make claims that you know what the fuck you are talking about.

To most fans the spurs are boring.

How do they know if they never tune in to watch?

And why then are their ratings on TNT always so good?

You didn't know they are good on TNT did you?

Like it or not thats the way it is to the average nba tv viewer.

Like it or not...the Spurs aren't boring.

Like it or not...evne if they are? And the Celtics make the finals?

The ratings will go up...

It only team takes one team douchebag...see the Nets Lakers or Pistons Lakers Finals for proof of this.

whottt
05-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Must suck going through life as stupid as rascal...

TD=old&busted
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Im surprised anyone can watch the Spurs. With Bowen/Rob playing dirty, Manu flopping every minute, and with tim scoring less and less every game it's barely tolerable.

PDXSpursFan
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Im surprised anyone can watch the Spurs. With Bowen/Rob playing dirty, Manu flopping every minute, and with tim scoring less and less every game it's barely tolerable.

And more :lobt: coming soon :toast

TD=old&busted
05-20-2008, 05:54 PM
And more :lobt: coming soon :toast

i expect 4 more Spurs games till October :downspin:

ducks
05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
On top of that I'd be willing to bet the Spurs pull in nice numbers on Internatinal Ratings...and after 4 championships and contending year in and year out and being the leagues dominant team....they would draw better ratings if ESPN didn't suck ass.

do you think most people running ads care how many countries are watching

TampaDude
05-20-2008, 06:05 PM
i expect 8 more Spurs victories till October

Fixed it for ya... :hat

braeden0613
05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
If you want boring, watch the Celtics. That Cavs/Celts series was excruciating to watch

TD=old&busted
05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Fixed it for ya... :hat

if preseason counts ..., the Spurs will be lucky to win one on their own home floor

whottt
05-20-2008, 06:10 PM
if preseason counts ..., the Spurs will be lucky to win one on their own home floor

:lol what an idiot

50 cent
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Really, who gives a flying fuck how much the networks are making or how many people are watching?

byrontx
05-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Ducks, you think maybe they run ads in other countries?

ducks
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I guess they would would they not

Lakers Dynasty
05-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I suppose someone will claim that the ratings for the Western Conference Finals are improved over last year because the Spurs are there again.

Whatever.

Spurs are there again. Just not for long.

GrandeDavid
05-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Whottt, I may have to save this gem. Masterful, a truly artful expression. :clap

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't give a fuck about the ratings.

Fuck the league and the networks. And the stupid ass marginal fans.