PDA

View Full Version : SA vs NO, Pop's most well coached series?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I thought the way Pop handled the Suns series was impressive, but Pop really pulled out all the stops against NO, and while the Spurs haven't won the championship just yet, I think this year's run is shaping up to be Pop's most impressive.

I will admit that it was a bit puzzling to see Pop take so long to put Bowen on Peja, but oh well.

timvp
05-20-2008, 07:10 PM
He was more flawless against the Suns. Against the Hornets, it was more of a matter or re-adjusting after a substandard gameplan going into Game 1. But his adjustments from his Game 1 gameplan to his Game 7 gameplan is worthy of high praise.

mrspurs
05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
pop did his job....overall the series against NO proved one thing....tyson has duncans number, duncan could play against amare and shaq, but couldnt handle tyson 1 on 1....good thing its called team basketball...i dont expect gasol and the rest of la's bigs to push duncan around...IMO duncan has seen the toughest of the bigs in the west, already...maybe even the east...still tho, great job to pop..hats off..go spurs go

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
The Spurs won a Game 7 that they should not have. I can think of no better indicator of greatness.

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 09:15 PM
The Spurs won a Game 7 that they should not have. I can think of no better indicator of greatness.

I am still amazed we clawed our way out of that series. We were down and looked fucking cooked.

G-Nob
05-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Popovich's poise as a coach, especially in this series, translated to the rest of the team. I want no other coach in this league right now.

Solid D
05-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Detroit series was at least as good a coaching job, but probably better.

gino>yourlife
05-20-2008, 10:35 PM
the switch of putting bowen on peja was absolute genius.. i'd have to say yes, so far

td4mvp21
05-20-2008, 10:38 PM
I thought Pop did a great job these past two series, moreso in the Hornets series. Pop usually does not make drastic adjustments, he usually goes with the "stick with it" mentality (sometimes good, other times really stupid). He deserves major props for completely redesigning the gameplan. The Spurs beat the Hornets 4 out of 5 times with the new gameplan.

Solid D
05-20-2008, 10:40 PM
the switch of putting bowen on peja was absolute genius.. i'd have to say yes, so far

I hate to be Simon Cowell here, but it was 2 games later than it should have been...and I think Pop knows that.

baseline bum
05-20-2008, 10:46 PM
No way. Pop almost blew the series by his defensive gameplan in the first two games.

SouthernFried
05-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Pop always makes adjustments, as anyone who has ever said "fuck small ball" will attest.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

So far so good

tmtcsc
05-20-2008, 10:59 PM

I disagree completely. If putting Bowen on Peja makes Pop a Genius, than my genius and many others on this board were screaming at the top of our lungs. That move was common sense, not genius.

Pop's genius is how he relates to his players.