PDA

View Full Version : Sterns Dream/Nightmare

rasho8
05-20-2008, 08:27 PM
This is funny to me.

Stern will either have his fantasy series of Lakers vs Celtics and all the $$$$ he can dream of.

Or its quite possible it will be Spurs vs Pistons and all the pain that will bring him.

Go Spurs!!! Go Pistons!!!

endrity
05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I want 2005 Finals all over again. If you can't appreciate those finals, you have no idea what basketball is.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I think Piston<Spurs would LOVE a rematch :lol

Otherwise, he might just have to keep that name for EVER.

pauls931
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm praying for something other than a celtics/lakers finals. It's pure BS and a media orgasm. This finals would have no meaning. The rivalry between the Spurs and Phoenix has more meaning, even the Spurs vs NO. The Lakers and Celts don't hate each other like they did back in the Magic/Bird era. You're going to have crowds of 70 year olds in Boston chanting beat LA while looking for their oxygen tanks. In LA you'll have 70 year olds wearing their magic johnson jersies mocking Larry bird even though he's no where to be seen.

Don Quixote
05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm praying for something other than a celtics/lakers finals. It's pure BS and a media orgasm. This finals would have no meaning. The rivalry between the Spurs and Phoenix has more meaning, even the Spurs vs NO. The Lakers and Celts don't hate each other like they did back in the Magic/Bird era. You're going to have crowds of 70 year olds in Boston chanting beat LA while looking for their oxygen tanks. In LA you'll have 70 year olds wearing their magic johnson jersies mocking Larry bird even though he's no where to be seen.

Great post! :toast

Exactly right. This Boston vs. L.A. "rivalry" is manufactured. Rivalries develop naturally, not because the league decided to throw two teams together. If the Lakers and Celtics meet in the Finals because they played better, then great, but if they got there because Stern decided he wanted it that way, then shame on him.

pauls931
05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Great post! :toast

Exactly right. This Boston vs. L.A. "rivalry" is manufactured. Rivalries develop naturally, not because the league decided to throw two teams together. If the Lakers and Celtics meet in the Finals because they played better, then great, but if they got there because Stern decided he wanted it that way, then shame on him.

Ditto. I'm looking forwards to next season because what's left of Phoenix will have a chip on their shoulder. I'm sure NO will be pissed next time they see you guys. And everyone will want to kill LA in the west if they make it this year.

But yeah. 'Manufactured' is a perfect word describing what the league is hoping for.

Spurs fans, just keep track of the number of freethrows the lakers get in this series.

SpursIndonesia
05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
.................. In LA you'll have 70 year olds wearing their magic johnson jersies mocking Larry bird even though he's no where to be seen.

Isn't that exactly the description of Jack Nicholson ? :lol

pauls931
05-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Isn't that exactly the description of Jack Nicholson ? :lol

I make it a point to not mock the dead.

td4mvp21
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
What if it's a Celtics-Spurs or Pistons-Lakers?

icem
05-20-2008, 11:25 PM
why are their so many spurs fans on this board on the pistons dick ? FUCK THE PISTONS WE ALREADY BEAT DOWN THOSE LOSERS, ITS BOSTON'S TURN.

JoeTait75
05-20-2008, 11:54 PM
What if it's a Celtics-Spurs or Pistons-Lakers?

I'm sure that'd be fine with Emperor Stern. All he really needs is either the Lake Show or the C's. Both would be orgasmic for him, but one or the other would do in a pinch.

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm sure that'd be fine with Emperor Stern. All he really needs is either the Lake Show or the C's. Both would be orgasmic for him, but one or the other would do in a pinch.

I think Spurs-Celtics would be a good series.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 01:12 AM

+1 Either the Lakers or Celtics will certainly do in a pinch, although both would lead to orgasmic proportions.

The Lakers / Celtics rivalry isn't quite dead thanks to Kobe and Ray Allen. Both of these guys hate each other. It ain't no Bird/Magic but it's as good as it's going to get. Add in Odom slamming Ray Allen and it could get interesting. There's a good amount of physical play when the two teams meet.

And younger generation Celtic fans still hate the Lakers for taking the limelight.

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2008, 02:22 AM
The Pistons aren't going anywhere. Only the Spurs stand in the way of what most of America wants to see.

Shock the Nation

nsrammstein
05-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Mavs vs Spurs 2006 was the best series since the early 2000's

spurscenter
05-21-2008, 03:34 AM
the pistons are weaker with Flip and -Ben Wallace

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2008, 04:49 AM
rasheeed still wants his belt back....