PDA

View Full Version : Can the Lakers possibly play better than the Hornets did?

Pages : [1] 2

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I've never seen a PG execute as efficiently as Paul did in that series. West could mostly do no wrong. I still can't figure out how the Spurs managed to win that series. Can the Lakers possibly be tougher?

brettn
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Short answer? Yes.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
The Lakers will be tougher. They have Kobe who is on a mission, and the Spurs have no answer for Odom.

honestfool84
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
and the Spurs have no answer for Odom.

oh, really?
we'll see.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Definitely

lefty
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
No

saxman
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM
The Lakers will be tougher. They have Kobe who is on a mission, and the Spurs have no answer for Odom.

I agree with that assessment...However, I might add that the Spurs have a much better bench...The Lakers front court length will also be a problem...

ShoogarBear
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM

Yes, and not having an answer for Odom has been the failure of many attempting to win the title.

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I just don't see a floor general taking care of the ball anywhere near what Paul did. Not turning it over made the Spurs really work for their offense in the half court. I see more running from the Spurs this series.

Rummpd
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM

And what pray tell will be the LALs answer for the true BIG THREE of Duncan, Parker and Manu?

hater
05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
:lol @ Odom

Odom is the most overrated player in the Western Conference.

Bob Lanier
Yes, and not having an answer for Odom has been the failure of many attempting to win the title.
Wots this I hear about a long three then?

Allanon
The Hornets are an excellent team when you look at their starters. But the Hornets have a terrible flaw in their bench. Pargo's an Ok bencher and so is Bonzi.

But the Hornets have NO backup bigmen. All their bench big men are pure trash...I've never seen a good team with such trash for bigs before.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I say there's a likely chance Hornets will have been the tougher Western opponent for us, and the Lakers will be less of a problem...

It comes down to coaching, but I think Popovich has matured a lot as a great coach (especially from the 2000's years), and he already beat Phil, and got that monkey off his back.
I think, thanks to the New Orleans series, that the Spurs have the edge over the Lakers.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I absolutely think the Lakers can be a tougher opponent than the Hornets. First, Lakers have Kobe Bryant. Much as it pains me to say this, he's been playing out of his mind lately. He looks almost Jordan-esque at times.

Second, the Lakers have some players (Kobe, Fisher) with Championship experience. They're not upstarts like CP3 and his gang.

Third, I think we have some matchup issues with the Lakers in the post. We only had to worry about one real post offensive threat with the Hornets (West). Now, there's two (Gasol and Odom). Tim can handle one of them, but we're gonna need some tight team defense to help Oberto and Thomas with the other.

But we'll still win.

:flag:

Magic_Johnson
05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
No
Can the spurs play better? yes

spurs in 5

hater
05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
I absolutely think the Lakers can be a tougher opponent than the Hornets. First, Lakers have Kobe Bryant. Much as it pains me to say this, he's been playing out of his mind lately. He looks almost Jordan-esque at times.

Second, the Lakers have some players (Kobe, Fisher) with Championship experience. They're not upstarts like CP3 and his gang.

Third, I think we have some matchup issues with the Lakers in the post. We only had to worry about one real post offensive threat with the Hornets (West). Now, there's two (Gasol and Odom). Tim can handle one of them, but we're gonna need some tight team defense to help Oberto and Thomas with the other.

But we'll still win.

:flag:

I agree that Lakers have a much better bench and more experience.

But the problem we had with Hornets was really the initial mismatches. At first, we had Bowen guarding CP3 which was a mistake. NObody to guard West, and Peja was going nuts.

the adjustments of Bowen on Peja and having some of Duncan on West are what won the series.

I really don't see a mismatch vs. Lakers. Thomas + Oberto + Duncan can handle Gason + Odom no problem. Bowen does good job on Kobe and Spurs are best at defending 3pt.

So I see this as a very even series until you bring up the fact that we have Tim DUncan and they don't. ONce you bring up this fact, I really don't see Lakers winning more than 2.

But if Lakers were to win, it would take one of their role players really stepping up their game. One other than Kobe, Gasol, Odom. Walton? Vujacik? Farmar?

I don't see that happening.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Not from the PG position

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I hope the Spurs players are sleeping on the Lakers like their idiotic fans.

I can promise you that Pop and the Spurs are not as idiotic as a lot of their fans. Lakers are going to be tough. I'm not afraid, but I'm not quite as confident as I was going against those newbie Hornets.

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
What kind of stupid question is that. Have you seen the Lakers play? The Hornets were a team that were not even playing well going in to the playoffs, they landed a pathetic weak Dallas team, and caught the Spurs on some bad shooting nights. The Lakers would have killed the Hornets in 5. I hope the Spurs players are sleeping on the Lakers like their idiotic fans.

Did you watch the series, fuck head?

Paul played better than any PG has in the FUCKING history of BASKETBALL!!!!

He didn't turn the ball over. He made every look he got. He set up his teammates greatly and made Chandler look like an all star.

Ive watched the lakers play 4 times in the playoffs and they haven't executed better. If the conference semifinals were switched we'd be getting ready for the Hornets right now.

Allanon
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I really don't see a mismatch vs. Lakers. Thomas + Oberto + Duncan can handle Gason + Odom no problem. Bowen does good job on Kobe and Spurs are best at defending 3pt.
If you put Duncan on Gasol, that leaves Oberto and Thomas on Odom.

Boozer who's better than both tried to guard Odom in the Jazz series, he just couldn't keep up and was constantly fouling out trying to stop Odom. And Odom still got his 18 points, 11 rebounds a game.

Odom was the best Laker in the Jazz series because they had no defender for him, I expect that to continue.

So I see this as a very even series until you bring up the fact that we have Tim DUncan and they don't. ONce you bring up this fact, I really don't see Lakers winning more than 2.

Duncan is pretty much evened out by Gasol. Just like Bowen contains Kobe, Pau matches Duncan's output.

lefty
05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Spurs in 3

Borosai
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
If the Lakers are banking on Odom winning this series... well... that's just sad.

Allanon
05-20-2008, 09:16 PM
If the Lakers are banking on Odom winning this series... well... that's just sad.

Odom's underrated, he's no less talented that Tony Parker or Manu, he's one of the big 3 for the Lakers, not anymore strange than Tony Parker or Manu winning the series for the Spurs.

And yes, I believe Odom was the key Laker player in the Jazz series....he was beast worthy.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:16 PM

Boozer who's better than both tried to guard Odom in the Jazz series, he just couldn't keep up and was constantly fouling out trying to stop Odom. And Odom still got his 18 points, 11 rebounds a game.

Odom was the best Laker in the Jazz series because they had no defender for him, I expect that to continue.

Duncan is pretty much evened out by Gasol. Just like Bowen contains Kobe, Pau matches Duncan's output.

No you didn't. You didn't just say that Gasol=Duncan. C'mon now.

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
It's not about that... it's about how well the Spurs match up with them and what the game plan will be and how well it will be executed. I still can't believe that some of you guys still can't seem to understand that it is always something different with a different team... Different teams give the Spurs different problems...

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 09:18 PM

Thomas can't keep Odom from having a big series, he is not a great offensive player. Between Oberto, Duncan, Thomas, a little bit of Horry, we got plenty of bigs to check him.

Allanon

Obviously, Duncan is a much greater player. But strictly looking at the numbers, they will have similar output.

Duncan will have his 15-20 points a game + 10 rebounds, Gasol will get his 15-20 points a game and 10 rebounds give or take a couple points/rebounds.

TD=old&busted

umm he the tired option, so that means after Kobe drops 30 a night and Pau another 20-25, Lamar should score more than enough for the Lakers to win 4 straight. I seriously hope you're not counting on mister 14.4 points per game Timmay to carry your pathetic offense game. your only hope is Manu flops and gets calls

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:19 PM
It's not about that... it's about how well the Spurs match up with them and what the game plan will be and how well it will be executed. I still can't believe that some of you guys still can't seem to understand that it is always something different with a different team... Different teams give the Spurs different problems...

Duh. That's what this thread is about.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Wow there are some pretty stupid comments in this thread, but it's no different than what Laker fans are saying on our messageboards. Fans, by and large, are myopic. I've yet to offer any predictions because I honestly don't know how this series will play out.

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 09:21 PM

I guess i should put Manu with Kobe now. :hat

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Obviously, Duncan is a much greater player. But strictly looking at the numbers, they will have similar output.

Duncan will have his 15-20 points a game + 10 rebounds, Gasol will get his 15-20 points a game and 10 rebounds.

You can't just look at two stats to compare Duncan and Gasol! You know better than that. Are you going to ignore the fact that Tim is a first-team all-NBA defender ONCE AGAIN? Are you going to ignore the fact that teams (like the Hornets) often resort to double-teaming Duncan to contain him? I don't think many teams have had to do that to Gasol, with all due respect. I could go on, but why waste my time? You know you're just being foolish.

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM

Duncan will have his 15-20 points a game + 10 rebounds, Gasol will get his 15-20 points a game and 10 rebounds give or take a couple points/rebounds.

If Phil does not double Duncan he will go for 25 and 12 a game in this series without breaking a sweat. Gasol can't check Timmy to save his life.

PwrGetter
05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Duncan wasnt double during the last meeting of the regular season between lakers and spurs.... and that turned out pretty well for the lakers.

Borosai
05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Odom's underrated, he's no less talented that Tony Parker or Manu, he's one of the big 3 for the Lakers, not anymore strange than Tony Parker or Manu winning the series for the Spurs.

And yes, I believe Odom was the key Laker player in the Jazz series....he was beast worthy.

He's definitely not a tard, but I'm expecting him to disappear, minus a couple of games. We'll just have to see.

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Duh. That's what this thread is about.

Oh really? There's obviously no way to know until they meet... This can't be a yes and no question.. they can either match the way they played and make one or two better plays or play worse...

hater

18pts 11rebounds?? that's it? we can live w/that. West from the HOrnets was killing us compare to that.

Duncan is pretty much evened out by Gasol.

:lmao :lmao

you talking about delusional? that's as delusional as it comes :lol

Sense
Duncan wasnt double during the last meeting of the regular season between lakers and spurs.... and that turned out pretty well for the lakers.

Read that again...

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM

You should ask the Hornets and Cavs how much a fuck Spurs give about regular season games. Idiot.:bang

hater

:tu

Allanon
You can't just look at two stats to compare Duncan and Gasol! You know better than that. Are you going to ignore the fact that Tim is a first-team all-NBA defender ONCE AGAIN? Are you going to ignore the fact that teams (like the Hornets) often resort to double-teaming Duncan to contain him? I don't think many teams have had to do that to Gasol, with all due respect. I could go on, but why waste my time? You know you're just being foolish.

No, no,no, I ain't talking about intangibles. I'm the first to say Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time. And yes, you're right, you can't just look at the numbers but this is just about the numbers...remove the intangibles for a minute :D

I know Duncan is greater than Pau. It's like Bowen stopping Kobe. He doesn't really stop Kobe, but he does a pretty good job. In a similar way, the Duncan/Pau matchup isn't any dominating advantage for the Spurs.

For example, just looking at box scores, in the last game against the Spurs, Duncan had 16 points, Pau had 14, Duncan with 12 rebounds, Pau with 11.

Strictly head to head matchups (no intangibles like late game shots, 3 pointers with 2 seconds left, etc), the numbers are pretty much even for the two. Or in other words, just looking at boxscores.

Borosai
05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
umm he the tired option, so that means after Kobe drops 30 a night and Pau another 20-25, Lamar should score more than enough for the Lakers to win 4 straight. I seriously hope you're not counting on mister 14.4 points per game Timmay to carry your pathetic offense game. your only hope is Manu flops and gets calls

How many shots will Kobe take for those 30 points? And how many shots will Gasol take for his? And how many shots do you think will be left for everyone else? If the Lakers play very well and efficiently, then you might have a point, but I'm sure the Spurs will be up to the challenge.

But you are right about one thing: Odom is the tired option. :toast

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:28 PM

+1....

How can you say they will cancel each other out when Duncan is a great defender... and great offensive player in the playoffs?

The Gasol=Duncan is just retarded.

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Did you watch the series, fuck head?

Paul played better than any PG has in the FUCKING history of BASKETBALL!!!!

He didn't turn the ball over. He made every look he got. He set up his teammates greatly and made Chandler look like an all star.

Ive watched the lakers play 4 times in the playoffs and they haven't executed better. If the conference semifinals were switched we'd be getting ready for the Hornets right now.

What are you talking about? Better than any PG in the history of basketball?

Look, I know you are just a blind homer....but that is a very unintelligent statement. His team got blown out in 3 games, didn't win a road game and lost at home in Game 7 where the opposing PG used him over and over again.

That is the best PG series in the history of basketball? OK Okie.

hater
05-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Odom is as good as Manu or Parker?

and Laker fans say we are delusional?

Allanon
05-20-2008, 09:32 PM
18pts 11rebounds?? that's it? we can live w/that. West from the HOrnets was killing us compare to that.

West is the #1 option on the Hornets on offense. Odom is the 3rd option and him getting his 18 will be like Peja getting his 20 points on...very hard to beat.

When the teams are so evenly matched, you gotta look beyond the #1, #2 option for the edge.

remingtonbo2001
I'm sorry but when you compare Gasol to Duncan you're going to get laughed at.

That's like comparing Vince Carter with Michael Jordan.

Comparing Odom with Ginobili or Parker is equally ludicrious. Odom is a quality player, however, he hasn't lead his team to a gold medal, or an NBA Finals.

LA has Kobe Bryant. They have a good point guard in Derek Fisher. They have a post presence in Gasol and Odom. Their bench players are mediocore.

If Bynum was available I might be more concerned.

I believe the Hornets are the tougher matchup between the two teams. However, I do think LA could've taken NO.

LA is a better matchup for the Spurs. Plain and simple.

peskypesky
I hope the Lakers are just as convinced as some of their fans that Gasol = Duncan. I really do.

Allanon
05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I hope the Lakers are just as convinced as some of their fans that Gasol = Duncan. I really do.

I didn't say Gasol = Duncan, I said he evens him out in numbers :)

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
What are you talking about? Better than any PG in the history of basketball?

Look, I know you are just a blind homer....but that is a very unintelligent statement. His team got blown out in 3 games, didn't win a road game and lost at home in Game 7 where the opposing PG used him over and over again.

That is the best PG series in the history of basketball? OK Okie.
OK he exaggerated when he said best PG series in history... but it was historical... I mean it's in the books already... he was a stud and virtually unstoppable... he took the Spurs to seven games... and sure they all looked like blowouts but he was still making shots and if you paid attention... the Spurs didn't really beat them that convincingly except for maybe one and a half games..

You need to watch your games before you can open your mouth and let all that shit fly out.

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
West is the #1 option on the Hornets on offense. Odom is the 3rd option and him getting his 18 will be like Peja getting his 20 points on...very hard to beat.

When the teams are so evenly matched, you gotta look beyond the #1, #2 option for the edge.

When Paul is in your team.. anyone can be a #1 option.. West just never misses.

hater
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM

Odom is the 3rd option and him getting his 18 will be like Peja getting his 20 points on...very hard to beat.

:lmao

this is just sad

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
You need to watch your games before you can open your mouth and let all that shit fly out.

He is an idiot and I called him out as such.

Your statements are also ludicrous, there are many Spurs fans on this board that know I have forgotten more about basketball than a honk like you will ever know.

Chris Paul had a great regular season, a tremendous round 1 of the playoffs and was outstanding in the first 3 games and part of game 5 of the second round.

But bottom line is he was running away from shots in the 4th qtr of game 7 and his airball layup near the end was the final stake in his own team's heart.

Magic Johnson probably had 10 playoff series better than that and he is just one player. I won't even bother with Isiah Thomas or anyone else as I already know I am right.

Stick to football Tex, that might be more your speed. Leave the basketball talk to the big boys.

SRJ
05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Possibly? Of course. Probably? No.

The Spurs don't have a midget frontcourt like the Jazz do and they have the only guy in the league who bothers Kobe Bryant. Phil is not a big fan of doubling, so good luck with Timmy, LA.

Spurs in six.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Tim Duncan is not going to make or break this series. He and Kobe are the constants in this series.

Ginobli, Parker, Odom, Gasol, and the respective benches are the variables. That is where the game will be decided.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Duncan in round 2
15.3 ppg
.421 fg%
.675 ft%
13 rpg
2.7 apg
1.9 bpg
2.4 topg

He's so damn unstoppable. I wonder what we are going to do :lmao. Duncan has been wildly inconsistent in the playoffs.

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 09:42 PM

I see you haven't been schooled yet on Reg Season vs Post-season Duncan.

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
He is an idiot and I called him out as such.

Your statements are also ludicrous, there are many Spurs fans on this board that know I have forgotten more about basketball than a honk like you will ever know.

Chris Paul had a great regular season, a tremendous round 1 of the playoffs and was outstanding in the first 3 games and part of game 5 of the second round.

But bottom line is he was running away from shots in the 4th qtr of game 7 and his airball layup near the end was the final stake in his own team's heart.

Magic Johnson probably had 10 playoff series better than that and he is just one player. I won't even bother with Isiah Thomas or anyone else as I already know I am right.

Stick to football Tex, that might be more your speed. Leave the basketball talk to the big boys.

You forget that Chris Paul played the Spurs... arguably the best defensive team in the playoffs right now. No point guard against the Spurs had ever controlled a game against the Spurs the way he did.. not even Kidd..

The fact is... he was the reason why the Hornets were such a bad match up against every contending team in the West... The Lakers matched up well against the Jazz and you're being delusional thinking that just by beating them you can pretty much cruise by anyone...

I'm glad we get to play the Lakers... so the fans can continue hating the Spurs and continue to be this retarded.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=SRJ;2520025]The Spurs don't have a midget frontcourt like the Jazz doQUOTE]

Hmmm...Okur is 6'11" and Boozer is 6'9".

Duncan is 6'11" and Obert is 6'10".

Doesn't seem like Utah was that much smaller than SA.

Allanon
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM

this is just sad

If Kobe gets his 25, Pau gets his 20 and Odom gets his 18, the Lakers are very hard to beat.

Pesky, you're a smart guy, you know I'm not saying Pau is equal to Duncan, I'm saying he's not going to get wasted by Duncan like some Spur fans say he will.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Duncan in round 2
15.3 ppg
.421 fg%
.675 ft%
13 rpg
2.7 apg
1.9 bpg
2.4 topg

He's so damn unstoppable. I wonder what we are going to do :lmao. Duncan has been wildly inconsistent in the playoffs.

You do know that Tim had the flu in the first two games, right? You factored that in, right? Idiot.

tempest186
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Yes the Lakers are better and will play better than the Hornets did. the Spurs will need to be better too and they can be. The last regular season game between the two was a Laker blowout but the Spurs are much better than they showed then (no Manu). That all being said, this will be the Spurs toughest test so far. The Lakers are playing very well and the Spurs need their A game. IMHO Odom and Udoka are going to be the keys in this series.

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Duncan in round 2
15.3 ppg
.421 fg%
.675 ft%
13 rpg
2.7 apg
1.9 bpg
2.4 topg

Duncan got swarmed... by 2 or 3 players everytime he touched the ball... the series came down to Tony, Manu, and the 3's... with that said... the series should have ended earlier.. but Tony Manu and the 3's were never consistent....

the first round pretty much shows how TD is in the playoffs... if you know anything about Tim Duncan... it's that he always shows up in the playoffs... I can't believe you aren't surprised by his performance against the Hornets... oh wait.. you're a Laker fan.. I can.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Duncan is NOT going to dominate Gasol. It's laughable that you guys still believe that BS. Do you not remember his craptastic 6-19 performance last time we played? Gasol got two fucking blocks on Duncan IIRC.

Gasol plays good man defense against players like him who rely on footwork and fundamentals to outwit their opponent. He does poorly against aggressive, athletic, overpowering players.......which is not really Duncan's game. It's no coincidence that he guarded Duncan very well last time we played, cerebral vs. cerebral.

That being said, Duncan and Kobe don't matter in this series. They are going to get their points no matter who you throw at them. It's going to be decided by the role players.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
You do know that Tim had the flu in the first two games, right? You factored that in, right? Idiot.

Oh, THE FLU??? HAHHAHA. What about Game 5???

Please, everyone is banged up in the playoffs. Kobe has played through far worse.

BigBeezie
05-20-2008, 09:52 PM
They could but they won't... These Lakers aren't battle tested like the old...

Sense
Duncan is NOT going to dominate Gasol. It's laughable that you guys still believe that BS. Do you not remember his craptastic 6-19 performance last time we played? Gasol got two fucking blocks on Duncan IIRC.

Gasol plays good man defense against players like him who rely on footwork and fundamentals to outwit their opponent. He does poorly against aggressive, athletic, overpowering players.......which is not really Duncan's game. It's no coincidence that he guarded Duncan very well last time we played, cerebral vs. cerebral.

That being said, Duncan and Kobe don't matter in this series. They are going to get their points no matter who you throw at them. It's going to be decided by the role players.
Please enlighten me.. when was game?

It's no secret that Duncan never played to his full potential in the regular season....

why can't you idiots see that? Shit.. why do people keep bringing up the regular season?

This is not the regular season... This is not the same Spurs team... but you will get to see that.

Danny.Zhu
Of course. And I believe that they will become even stronger next year as the Celtics. So we gotta manage to get better players this summer.

G-Nob
05-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Waste of time trying to compare. The next round you always turn it up, regardless of the opponent. This isn't about the Lakers, its about how we play from here on out.

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:53 PM

Please, everyone is banged up in the playoffs. Kobe has played through far worse.

Kobe has a shot... He's played games with only that....

Duncan doesn't have that good of a shot..

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Next year is not even in discussion if Bynum comes back. The Spurs have no chance. The only reason this series is up for grabs is because Bynum is injured.

SPARKY
05-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Next year is not even in discussion if Bynum comes back. The Spurs have no chance. The only reason this series is up for grabs is because Bynum is injured.

Excuses, excuses.

SRJ
05-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmmm...Okur is 6'11" and Boozer is 6'9".

1) Boozer is listed at 6'9". That looks generous to me.
2) Exactly how much time does Okur spend in the paint? He might as well be 6'3" with all the threes he shoots.
3) Why did you stop at the starters? Millsap, who I like a lot, is 6'8"; KT is 6'10". Horry is 6'10". The Spurs C's and PF's as a group are longer than Utah's and are a much better bet to contest the interior better than Utah. Utah's preferred method of defense is the personal foul.

Sense

Rofl........

omfg...

Laker fans are just... hilarious...

It's pretty much like Celtic fans saying that if Ray Allen were on the team next year no one would have a chance... if he were hurt...

LakerLanny
if you know anything about Tim Duncan... it's that he always shows up in the playoffs...

The Lakers have handled him in playoffs past so he doesn't ALWAYS show up.

You are underestimating the #1 seed and the glamour franchise of the NBA, big time.

I guarantee the Lakers will win the first two games of this series and you will be crying about something instead of facing the reality. And you won't be coming back from 0-2 vs the Lakers, that isn't going to happen.

SRJ
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM

When did Andrew Bynum become Chamberlain, Jabbar, and Hakeem combined? The guy's a promising young player and you Laker fans act like you're sitting on the future of the NBA over there.

SPARKY

You are underestimating the #1 seed and the glamour franchise of the NBA, big time.

I guarantee the Lakers will win the first two games of this series and you will be crying about something instead of facing the reality. And you won't be coming back from 0-2 vs the Lakers, that isn't going to happen.

So you're attracted to glamorous men? It's 2008, so whatever floats your boat.

peskypesky

Alright, if the Lakers fans want to just be dumbass fuckwads, I guess I might as well start spouting shit too. Manu=Kobe, Duncan>Gasol, Oberto=Odom, Bowen>Radmanovic, Parker>Fisher. We win. Easy. Next?

Sense
05-20-2008, 09:59 PM

believe it or not... I would dread playing the Hornets again being down 0-2.. rather than the Lakers....

You guys are a way better match up for the Spurs.. which doesn't make me nervous at all..

You get a guy and all of a sudden you think you're invincible... but you're delusional.

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 10:02 PM
So you're attracted to glamorous men? It's 2008, so whatever floats your boat.

Kobe is a very glamorous man. I want to live in his guest house and be his pool boy.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM

And you are underestimating Ime Udoka, who will eat the Lakers alive.

Sense
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Just found the word that sums up Homer Laker fans....

Delusional.

ok I'm done arguing with idiots...t'was fun... back to life.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Oberto will totally shut down Odom. Duncan will shut down Gasol. Bowen will shut down Bryant. Lakers will be lucky to score 50pts a game.

austinlakepirate
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
no

I've never seen a PG execute as efficiently as Paul did in that series. West could mostly do no wrong. I still can't figure out how the Spurs managed to win that series. Can the Lakers possibly be tougher?

LakerLanny
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Oberto will totally shut down Odom. Duncan will shut down Gasol. Bowen will shut down Bryant. Lakers will be lucky to score 50pts a game.

A Laker fan wanted to name the *purs starting lineup for Game 1, so I posted it on LG:

Tissue Timmy, Fabio, The Butcher, Beak and Tony Longoria

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
A Laker fan wanted to name the *purs starting lineup for Game 1, so I posted it on LG:

Tissue Timmy, Fabio, The Butcher, Beak and Tony Longoria

Lakers line-up:
PG - Mr. Molasses
SG - The Rapist
SF - Mr. Invisible
PF - Sir O. Dumb
C - Spanish Flu

Allanon
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
When did Andrew Bynum become Chamberlain, Jabbar, and Hakeem combined? The guy's a promising young player and you Laker fans act like you're sitting on the future of the NBA over there.

If Bynum comes back anything like he was this year along with Kobe, Pau and Odom, the NBA will probably have to break up the team to keep the league competitive.

hater
05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Lakers line-up:
PG - Mr. Molasses
SG - The Rapist
SF - Mr. Invisible
PF - Sir O. Dumb
C - Spanish Flu

I would go with:
PG - Mr. Slow
SG - Trailer Trash Banger
SF - the space cadet :lol
PF - the ghost (because he dissapears in big games)
C - the missing link

TD=old&busted
05-20-2008, 10:15 PM

fail

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 10:16 PM
If Bynum comes back anything like he was this year along with Kobe, Pau and Odom, the NBA will probably have to break up the team to keep the league competitive.

Yup, and he's not even 21 yet. The kid has so much untapped potential. The Lakers could end up as one of the most dominant teams ever if he hits anywhere near his ceiling as a player. I kind of like it that nobody is really acknowledging this fact. We're going to surprise a lot of people with a healthy Bynum.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
I would go with:
PG - Mr. Slow
SG - Trailer Trash Banger
SF - the space cadet :lol
PF - the ghost (because he dissapears in big games)
C - the missing link

:toast

SpursFan0728
05-20-2008, 10:17 PM

Odom would probably be gone after next year...
so it will be a great run for the Lakers next year

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Yup, and he's not even 21 yet. The kid has so much untapped potential. The Lakers could end up as one of the most dominant teams ever if he hits anywhere near his ceiling as a player. I kind of like it that nobody is really acknowledging this fact. We're going to surprise a lot of people with a healthy Bynum.

Bynum will never be the same, and he wasn't great to begin with. When SPurs get Splitter and Mahinmi next year, we'll dominate the league easily.

DazedAndConfused
05-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Odom would probably be gone after next year...
so it will be a great run for the Lakers next year

Is that you Mitch?

The Laker core isn't going to be broken up. I see Odom taking a slight paycut to stay in LA and win championships. He's that kind of guy.

SRJ
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I have to admit it, Laker Fan - I rather like "Beak" as a nickname for Manu. That's pretty funny.

Similarly, though sarcastically, I now dub Pau Gasol "Chin".

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 10:37 PM

Oh yeah because Bynum has just proven to be so consistantly great and healthy. :rolleyes:rolleyes

dbreiden83080
05-20-2008, 10:38 PM

Oh MY GOD

Allanon
05-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah because Bynum has just proven to be so consistantly great and healthy. :rolleyes:rolleyes

He doesn't have to be great, he just needs to continue on with his 20 and 10. Kobe, Pau and Odom will pick up for the rest of his slack :)

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
He doesn't have to be great, he just needs to continue on with his 20 and 10. Kobe, Pau and Odom will pick up for the rest of his slack :)

He won't average 20 and 10 any more. The knee is gone. Sucks for you.

td4mvp21
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I expect them to be just as tough, if not tougher.

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Fuck the lakers

Allanon
05-20-2008, 10:48 PM
He won't average 20 and 10 any more. The knee is gone. Sucks for you.

Possibly, I'm still gonna be doubtful as well until the season starts up again. Amare seems to have come back from some much more heavy stuff but you just never know.

But IF he is healthy, there will be hell to pay...it wouldn't even be fair anymore.

Whisky Dog
05-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Why are you dumb fucks talking trash about next season? The world may end before then. We have a WCF looming.

Pop your ADHD drugs and focus.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Why are you dumb fucks talking trash about next season? The world may end before then. We have a WCF looming.

Pop your ADHD drugs and focus.

Lakers fans HAVE to look forward to next year, because well, they're about to lose to the Champs.

SRJ
05-20-2008, 10:51 PM
He doesn't have to be great, he just needs to continue on with his 13 and 10.

Fixed.

Allanon
05-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Fixed.

Those are early season averages when he was a backup Center. When he gets more than 30 minutes a game, he's a 20 and 10 guy.

ATXSPUR
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
What kind of stupid question is that. Have you seen the Lakers play? The Hornets were a team that were not even playing well going in to the playoffs, they landed a pathetic weak Dallas team, and caught the Spurs on some bad shooting nights. The Lakers would have killed the Hornets in 5. I hope the Spurs players are sleeping on the Lakers like their idiotic fans.

Idiotic fans? Why don't you go to lakersground and read some of the bullshit being spewed there you fucking waste of breath.

Killed the hornets in 5? Talk about the epitome of arrogance...I hope you think the same way about the spurs.

IllegalAmigo
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Lakers fans HAVE to look forward to next year, because well, they're about to lose to the Champs.

dually noted

I hope half of you hang around after game 6.

Of course, you'll be ex-champs, but that's besides the point.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree with that assessment...However, I might add that the Spurs have a much better bench...The Lakers front court length will also be a problem...

The Lakers have one of the best benches in the league. They are younger too. It's going to be a fun series, that's for sure.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:05 PM

Kobe is hungry. Bowen is not the same defender as he used to be, although still as dirty. He hurts people intentionally.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Thomas can't keep Odom from having a big series, he is not a great offensive player. Between Oberto, Duncan, Thomas, a little bit of Horry, we got plenty of bigs to check him.

If you throw all those guys at Odom, Gasol will step up. I think the Spurs fans are underestimating the Lakers...

Kermit
05-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Kobe is hungry. Bowen is not the same defender as he used to be, although still as dirty. He hurts people intentionally.

And the Lakers never do that...

http://www.southernledger.com/images_ap/77558c72-a43f-44c3-bebb-2f69c4a772ee-77558c72-a43f-44c3-bebb-2f69c4a772ee.jpg

kingmalaki
05-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I am dying laughing at Laker fans who think Gasol has a chance in hell on stopping Duncan. Yeah, Duncan had a bad game the last time they played. What about the other 3 times they played this season? What about all the other times they have played in their career? Anyone who has watched those two teams knows Gasol has never consistently held Duncan well.

This is the same Gasol that recently had a playoff game where he didn't collect one defensive rebound. This is the same frontline that has been outrebounded practically every game in this postseason. Yet their frontline is better than SA's?

Whatever....

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:13 PM
The Lakers matched up well against the Jazz and you're being delusional thinking that just by beating them you can pretty much cruise by anyone...

I don't think the Lakers are thinking that at all. Some fans might think so but the Lakers are taking this series very seriously.

I'm glad we get to play the Lakers... so the fans can continue hating the Spurs and continue to be this retarded.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I am dying laughing at Laker fans who think Gasol has a chance in hell on stopping Duncan. Yeah, Duncan had a bad game the last time they played. What about the other 3 times they played this season? What about all the other times they have played in their career? Anyone who has watched those two teams knows Gasol has never consistently held Duncan well.

This is the same Gasol that recently had a playoff game where he didn't collect one defensive rebound. This is the same frontline that has been outrebounded practically every game in this postseason. Yet their frontline is better than SA's?

Whatever....

Gasol is not going to stop Duncan. Nobody can 1-1 but Gasol will have is 19 points, 10 rebounds 3 blocks and 4 assists... Duncan at this stage of his career will be hard pressed to average that in this series.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:15 PM

hopefully he'll poke one of Kobe's eyes out. but then again, Kobe is so great he'll still score 50 on us, right?

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Gasol is not going to stop Duncan. Nobody can 1-1 but Gasol will have is 19 points, 10 rebounds 3 blocks and 4 assists... Duncan at this stage of his career will be hard pressed to average that in this series.

Duncan will eat Gasol ALIVE. My prediction for Duncan is 30pts 20rebounds and 5 blocks per game.

Man of Steel
Hornets are tougher than the Lakers.

The Fakers won 1 more game than the Hornets in the regular season. Big fucking deal.

LA will be lucky and win one game...

Kermit
Duncan at this stage of his career will be hard pressed to average that in this series.

And why is that? Are the Lakers going to double team him everytime he gets the ball?

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:17 PM
The Lakers have one of the best benches in the league. They are younger too. It's going to be a fun series, that's for sure.

you're kidding, right? the lakers bench is pitiful.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Hornets will prove to be a much more difficult opponent that the Lakers.

LA will be lucky and win one game...

Lakers MIGHT win game 1, because the Spurs had to sleep on a plane the night after a Game 7. But that'll be the only game they MIGHT win.

Kermit
05-20-2008, 11:19 PM
you're kidding, right? the lakers bench is pitiful.

Uh, no they're not. They're universally considered the best bench in the NBA.

kingmalaki
05-20-2008, 11:19 PM

Hmm, so Duncan, when he doesn't have the flu, can put up a 24, 14, 2 and 3 avg against the Suns (who have Shaq and Amare)...but he won't be able to get 19 and 10 against a frontline of Gasol and Odom? :lol

kobe_mvp_24
05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
No

i hope u stay wit ur word untill we win that series

peskypesky
Uh, no they're not. They're universally considered the best bench in the NBA.

by Lakers fans, not by me

aka_USAPA
And why is that? Are the Lakers going to double team him everytime he gets the ball?

They play very good team defense. Jackson will make adjustments as the series goes on. They are a very underrated defensive team.

kobe_mvp_24
Lakers MIGHT win game 1, because the Spurs had to sleep on a plane the night after a Game 7. But that'll be the only game they MIGHT win.

will see about that

aka_USAPA
by Lakers fans, not by me

Not just by Lakers fans. But it's ok. I can see your blinders on.

Kermit
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
They play very good team defense. Jackson will make adjustments as the series goes on. They are a very underrated defensive team.

That still doesn't explain your assertion on why Tim's going to be hard pressed to average 19 points and 10 rebounds a game. I'm willing to bet you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM

If he was, the Lakers would sweep the Spurs. He's not but when he was injured, over a stretch he was averaging about 19 points, and 11 rebounds. Not too shabby for somebody who would be #4 in this team. Plus, he anchors the defense very well and if Duncan had trouble with Chandler, he would have more trouble with Bynum because of his length, and more offensive moves.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:24 PM
That still doesn't explain your assertion on why Tim's going to be hard pressed to average 19 points and 10 rebounds a game. I'm willing to bet you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Because he hasn't all playoffs. Why would that change now?

DriveFor5
05-20-2008, 11:27 PM

Not at all. What appears to be the #1 seed making the WCF's is just a team that got an extra bucket somewhere to end up with 1 more win than NOH and the Spurs, and 2 more wins than Phoenix and Houston..Basically the Spurs, Hornets, Suns, and Rockets all could have easily gotten the #1 seed and get the cakewalk through the first two rounds and be in the WCF...

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:28 PM

Because he's been playing against strong front-courts. That's not the case in this series.

Kermit
05-20-2008, 11:28 PM

I would check again on those rebounding statistics. If you're going by points averaged coming off a series where he was routinely doubled by a team that refused to let him beat them to prove your point then congratulations! You earned the stupid prize.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Because he's been playing against strong front-courts. That's not the case in this series.

You might have a different opinion when the series is over. They have 7'1 Gasol who has been surprising in his defense and smarts, and Odom, 6'10 who will drive on Thomas all night, same way he did to Boozer who is probably a better defender than Thomas.

Man of Steel
05-20-2008, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=kobe_mvp_24;2520572]will see about that[/QUOT

You're right.

They might not even win one game...:toast

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Funny, the Spurs fans are forgetting about Kobe's 33 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg, and 2 steals, not to mention his mental toughness. Sure, I'd love for the Spurs to worry about the frontline.

Man of Steel
05-20-2008, 11:39 PM
will see about that

What a great comeback...

But you're right.

Lakers may get swept...

:rollin

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:39 PM
You might have a different opinion when the series is over. They have 7'1 Gasol who has been surprising in his defense and smarts, and Odom, 6'10 who will drive on Thomas all night, same way he did to Boozer who is probably a better defender than Thomas.

lol

Lakers front-court is by far the weakest front-court Spurs will face in this playoffs.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Funny, the Spurs fans are forgetting about Kobe's 33 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg, and 2 steals, not to mention his mental toughness. Sure, I'd love for the Spurs to worry about the frontline.

You forgot that first-team all-NBA defender Bruce Bowen will be shutting Kobe down like he shut Peja down.

kingmalaki
05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
You forgot to mention that this is the same team that scores way more points than their opponents in the playoffs.

And in both of their two pervious series they played teams that couldn't match up with Kobe or Gasol without doubling. That isn't the case with SA. Not to mention, the Nuggets are one of the worst defensive teams in the league and the Jazz are so-so (but most importantly, they didn't match up well).

But I don't see what scoring points had to do with the assertion that the Laker frontcourt could slow down Duncan. I was responding to that, and made no mention of anyone winning the series. I just think it's silly to think Gasol will stop Duncan when he is barely known as an average defender and Duncan has been wiping the floor with him for years.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:42 PM
You forgot that first-team all-NBA defender Bruce Bowen will be shutting Kobe down like he shut Peja down.

Wow. Peja is the same level as Kobe, huh?

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:43 PM
The Lakers are taking the Spurs seriously. They have a lot of respect for the Spurs. Forget what the fans say.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/multimedia/0708video.html

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Man, you are wasting your time trying to rationalize with these fucktards!!! You cant tell them shyt since they have won a measly 4 titles!!! Four years of success in 35 years of history is pathetic compared to a Laker. The only way to shut these fags up is to beat them. We saw they gave up on their team after game two against the Hornets. After tomorrow, you will see half of these farmers give up again.

I remember the Hornets fans sounding like you a couple of weeks ago, all pumped up because they blew the Spurs out in some regular season games.

This is the playoffs, fool. You ain't played this Spurs team yet.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Yup. Peja is in the same level as Kobe. Ask peskypesky. LMAO!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:46 PM
The same Peja who is known to disappear in big games in the playoffs. The same one dimensional Peja Stojakovic. Yup. He's in the same level as Kobe.

Tell us about that, peskypesky. The floor is now yours. Oh, how come Peja got zero first place MVP votes???? LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Yup. Peja is in the same level as Kobe. Ask peskypesky. LMAO!!!!

Bowen will shut him down, even if he is better than Peja.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Bowen will shut him down, even if he is better than Peja.

Got it. In other words, don't take you seriously. OK. No problem.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:49 PM
So tell me, if Peja is in the same level as Kobe, how many first place MVP votes did he get?

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Got it. In other words, don't take you seriously. OK. No problem.

And we're supposed to take any Lakers fans seriously? GTFO

It's all just trash-talking.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Newsflash! Kobe owned Bowen when he was DPOY. Since then, he's lost a step or two. What makes you think Bowen can keep up with Kobe and his multi-facet game?

aka_USAPA
And we're supposed to take any Lakers fans seriously? GTFO

It's all just trash-talking.

Na, it's all about making sense, which currently, you're far from it.

peskypesky
So tell me, if Peja is in the same level as Kobe, how many first place MVP votes did he get?

MVP doesn't necessarily mean shit. Nash has two and how many rings did that get him? Right. Zero.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Got to give you credit... at least I haven't seen you use vulgarity and profanity when cornered.

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
MVP doesn't necessarily mean shit. Nash has two and how many rings did that get him? Right. Zero.

I guess Tim Duncan's 2 MVPs don't mean anthing. Ask our resident expert, peskypesky.

Kermit
05-20-2008, 11:54 PM
I guess Tim Duncan's 2 MVPs don't mean anthing. Ask our resident expert, peskypesky.

Or ask Steve Nash how his MVP seasons turned out. Or Charles Barkley. Or Karl Malone. Or David Robinson.

peskypesky
05-20-2008, 11:54 PM

ahh, but you see, Tim has 4 rings. Nash has zero. And Kobe has zero without Shaq.

Allanon
05-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Got to give you credit... at least I haven't seen you use vulgarity and profanity when cornered.

Pesky's just straight out trash-talking right now. He's usually pretty reasonable and doesn't get all feisty into the name-calling.

Nobody wants to think their team is inferior. :D

aka_USAPA
05-20-2008, 11:59 PM
ahh, but you see, Tim has 4 rings. Nash has zero. And Kobe has zero without Shaq.

Robert Horry has 7. That makes him better than Duncan, I guess.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Wow this thread degenerated quickly.

The funny thing about these prediction threads is that they almost never turn out to be right. I've said this many times before but I feel the need to reiterate this point again.

Duncan and Kobe are the constants. Manu/Parker/Odom/Gasol/bench are the variables and that is where the game will be decided.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:00 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Steve Kerr has 3, does that make him better than Parker?

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Robert Horry has 7. That makes him better than Duncan, I guess.

You can think that if you want. I think Duncan's better.

duncan228
05-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Steve Kerr has 3, does that make him better than Parker?

Parker has 3 too. :p:

peskypesky
Steve Kerr has 3, does that make him better than Parker?

Not in my opinion, but he was a better 3pt shooter.

peskypesky
Parker has 3 too. :p:

good catch

aka_USAPA
You can think that if you want. I think Duncan's better.

That's your theory not mine. Man up now. You said it's all about the rings.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:03 AM
good catch

Does that make them equal then? According to peskypesky's theory, it does.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Like I said, when this series is over, I'll own this place!!!

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:06 AM
That's your theory not mine. Man up now. You said it's all about the rings.

Who gives a shit about theories? Facts are what matters. Fact: Spurs are the Champs. Fact: Lakers will lose this series.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Who gives a shit about theories?

Good point, especially yours.

duncan228
05-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Like I said, when this series is over, I'll own this place!!!

Damn. Exactly what the Hornets trolls said. And the Suns trolls before them. And if you're really interested in owning this place use search and see the Nuggets/Suns/Jazz trolls who all said the exact same thing last year.

I know ST is great, but there's got to be original smack talk out there somewhere.

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Good point, especially yours.

I never said anything about theories. It was Laker fans who used that word. I was just stating facts.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Huh? You said Peja is the same level as Kobe. You said MVPs don't mean anything. Those are your words not mine.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Newsflash! Kobe owned Bowen when he was DPOY. Since then, he's lost a step or two. What makes you think Bowen can keep up with Kobe and his multi-facet game?

That's never happened

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Damn. Exactly what the Hornets trolls said. And the Suns trolls before them. And if you're really interested in owning this place use search and see the Nuggets/Suns/Jazz trolls who all said the exact same thing last year.

I know ST is great, but there's got to be original smack talk out there somewhere.

Hornet fans? Please.

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Huh? You said Peja is the same level as Kobe. You said MVPs don't mean anything. Those are your words not mine.

Wrong. Never said the Peja was same level as Kobe. I said that Bowen will shut down Kobe just as he did Peja.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:19 AM
I said that Bowen will shut down Kobe just as he did Peja.

Exactly. So Peja is the same level as Kobe. Have you ever taken Logic 101? My guess is no.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:20 AM
So if there is a game 7 in L.A., Kobe will score 7 points. That's your logic.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:22 AM
See, grasshopper, you've got so much to learn in this game. Learn the game and you won't spew idiocy off your yapper.

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Lakers fans are stupid and don't understand basic logic.
Bowen can stop both Peja and Kobe, even if Kobe and Peja are not equal. Just as the Spurs can beat the Lakers and the Bobcats, even though the Lakers and the Bobcats are not equal.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Lakers fans are stupid and don't understand basic logic.
Bowen can stop both Peja and Kobe, even if Kobe and Peja are not equal. Just as the Spurs can beat the Lakers and the Bobcats, even though the Lakers and the Bobcats are not equal.

You said Bowen will stop Kobe like he stopped Peja. That's your logic, failing to consider that Kobe is the most difficult to guard in the game because of his multi-dimensional game, and he is clutch. He is the MVP and has averaged 33 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals a game. That's no where near Peja. So how will Bowen stop Kobe like he stopped Peja? The same Peja who is known to disappear in big playoff games? Explain.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Learn the game and you won't spew idiocy off your yapper.

Pretty ironic coming from the guy who said

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:30 AM
You said Bowen will stop Kobe like he stopped Peja. That's your logic, failing to consider that Kobe is the most difficult to guard in the game because of his multi-dimensional game, and he is clutch. He is the MVP and has averaged 33 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals a game. That's no where near Peja. So how will Bowen stop Kobe like he stop Peja? The same Peja who is known to disappear in big playoff games? Explain.

Bowen will frustrate Kobe. He will make it hard for Kobe to get a clean shot off. He will make it hard for Kobe to drive. He will do all the things that got him named to the all-NBA defensive team for the eigth time. Read that again. Eighth time.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
When was the last time Bowen EVER frustrated Kobe?

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:32 AM
When was the last time Bowen EVER frustrated Kobe?

Tomorrow night.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:35 AM
I'd love to see that, after the Spurs were at their wits end vs. the Hornets, and after losing sleep because their freakin' plane sucks!!!

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I'd love to see that, after the Spurs were at their wits end vs. the Hornets, and after losing sleep because their freakin' plane sucks!!!

your team's going to need every advantage it can get.

aka_USAPA
Pretty ironic coming from the guy who said

For somebody who has posted as much as you, I have yet to see a post that makes sense.

aka_USAPA
your team's going to need every advantage it can get.

$100 that the Lakers win tomorrow. Can you afford?

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Or the better question is, do you have enough balls to pay if you lose?

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:39 AM
For somebody who has posted as much as you, I have yet to see a post that makes sense.

it never happened

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
it never happened

I can respect that. Really!

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:42 AM
$100 that the Lakers win tomorrow. Can you afford?

I don't bet on sports. Only idiots do that.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:42 AM
I can respect that. Really!

I bet you it never happened if fact i'm willing to bet kobe never put up more than 25 points when Bowen was named DPOY

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't bet on sports. Only idiots do that.

Hahahahahhaha. Then why am I 3-0 vs. Kings fans, and about to go 1-0 vs. MIB?

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:44 AM
I bet you it never happened if fact i'm willing to bet kobe never put up more than 25 points when Bowen was named DPOY

How much? Because I'd love to prove you wrong. The stats are there. $100?

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:48 AM

:lol As much as i would love your money a gentlemen;s wager. When i win you drop that "I'll own this place when the series is over" crap, it annoys me

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Translation: I can't afford it, man!

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:50 AM

I'm playing with house money here

Whisky Dog

You lose. Kobe never put up 25 on Bowen in a year that Bowen was DPOY. I'll bet you $10,000 or your life.

aka_USAPA
And my woman would kill me if she found out I lost $100 to a Lakers fan.

peskypesky

Only idiots bet on sports.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:51 AM
You lose. Kobe never put up 25 on Bowen in a year that Bowen was DPOY. I'll bet you $10,000 or your life.

Oh yeah? Be very careful about your statement dude. Because you are threading on thin ice.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:52 AM
For example, what was Kobe's average when Bowen was DPOY?

aka_USAPA
I'll take $10,000. Sure.

Trainwreck2100
Oh yeah? Be very careful about your statement dude. Because you are threading on thin ice.

you gonna take my bet or not?

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
The stipulation of your bet is that Kobe never scored 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. For $10,000. You owe me big time!!!!

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Yes, I accept the bet!!!!

aka_USAPA
The easiest $10,000 I've ever made.

Trainwreck2100
The stipulation of your bet is that Kobe never scored 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. For $10,000. You owe me big time!!!!

That wasn't me, but the bet is that Kobe never scored 25 when Bruce was Defensive Player of the Year.

Whisky Dog
05-21-2008, 12:55 AM

Good. Done deal.

Kobe never scored 25 pts against a DPOY Bowen. That's the bet.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:56 AM
That wasn't me, but the bet is that Kobe never scored 25 when Bruce was Defensive Player of the Year.

That's right. That's the bet. Kobe never scored 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. That's the bet.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:56 AM

Alright then I win and here's the Stat to prove it

Bowen Defensive Player of the Year Awards----0

kobe never scored that many when Bowen was DPOY because Bowen has never been DPOY

House Money

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Bowen was never DPOY, I don't think.

ShoogarBear
The easiest $10,000 I've ever made.

peskypesky
Alright then I win and here's the Stat to prove it

Bowen Defensive Player of the Year Awards----0

kobe never scored that many when Bowen was DPOY because Bowen has never been DPOY

House Money

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Good. Done deal.

Kobe never scored 25 pts against a DPOY Bowen. That's the bet.

That was in 2005-06, right?

Whisky Dog
05-21-2008, 12:58 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

No DPOY awards for Bowen.

You owe me $10,000.

FWD... get your pen and paper ready...

we're going in to collect.:greedy:greedy:greedy

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:59 AM
That was in 2005-06, right?

Lakers didn't play Ben Wallace in the playoffs that year

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Hey, aka_USAPA, I bet you $10 I can tell you where you got your shoes.

Trainwreck2100

You owe me $10,000.

Make sure you pass some of that on to me

Whisky Dog
Now this thread is classic.

Another fool get BOWENED.

Whisky Dog
05-21-2008, 01:01 AM
All I know is the next GTG is on aka_USAPA!

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:03 AM

You owe me $10,000.

The bet was about if Kobe scored 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. If he was never DPOY in the first place, I win the bet. No questions asked. It wasn't about if he won the DPOY. If Kobe socred 25 points when he was DPOY. He never was. I win.

If he ever was DPOY, when was the last time in a season Kobe didn't score 25 points????

You lose buddy.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
By Man Law, you lost because you were the only one who didn't understand what the real question and answer were.

Whisky Dog
The bet was about if Kobe scored 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. If he was never DPOY in the first place, I win the bet. No questions asked. It wasn't about if he won the DPOY. If Kobe socred 25 points when he was DPOY. He never was. I win.

If he ever was DPOY, when was the last time in a season Kobe didn't score 25 points????

You lose buddy.

You can't jew your way out of this one.

Bet was Kobe never scored 25 pts on a DPOY Bowen, and he never did.

I'm assuming you have the $10,000 handy to back it up.

If not, go ahead and begin thinking about which hand you need the least...

Trainwreck2100

You lose buddy.

He never was DPOY The bet was Kobe never scored 25 on Bowen when he was DPOY. While Kobe has scored more than 25 on Bowen on numerous occasions, not one of those was during the year that bowen was DPOY

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Simple logic. If Bowen was never DPOY, you already lost.

Whisky Dog
05-21-2008, 01:07 AM

Aww, laker fan with no brains and no balls. What a surprise.

peskypesky
05-21-2008, 01:08 AM

You're stupid. You still don't get it.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:08 AM
You don't even qualify for the bet. You lose by default.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 01:09 AM

simple logic. if bowen was never dpoy kobe could never score 25 points on him while he was dpoy

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 01:11 AM
You don't even qualify for the bet. You lose by default.

Kobe has never scored 25 points when Bruce Bowen was defensive player of the year.

Whisky Dog
05-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Do all laker fans pussy out of bets like a little bitch?

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:12 AM
so kobe never could have scored 25 on him.

It wasn't even about Kobe scoring 25 on him. Read up. It was about Kobe scoring 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. Bowen was never DPOY... but on the other hand, when was the last season Kobe didn't score 25 points? In his rookie season maybe (w/o looking at the stats) when nobody knew about how dirty Bowen is?

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:12 AM
You lose.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 01:14 AM
This thread is retarded. You should all be ashamed of yourselves, seriously.

aka_USAPA
Good thing I don't think MIB is like you.

ShoogarBear
It wasn't even about Kobe scoring 25 on him. Read up. It was about Kobe scoring 25 points when Bowen was DPOY. Bowen was never DPOY... but on the other hand, when was the last season Kobe didn't score 25 points? In his rookie season maybe (w/o looking at the stats) when nobody knew about how dirty Bowen is?

Are you a male?

If so, get your boys together, tell them the story of this bet, and see if they don't laugh their asses off at you.

Whisky Dog
You lose.

Spoken like a true PUSSY.

Here's the question...

You made a bet.

Are you going to keep it, PUSSY?

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 01:15 AM

He's scores 25 points nightly. But he hasn't scored 1 point on Bruce when he was DPOY. Cause he never was.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:15 AM
If Bowen was never DPOY in the first place, you already lost. Then, you're saying Kobe never scored 25 points if and when Bowen was DPOY? You lost buddy.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:16 AM
What's the name of your lawyer, I'll have mine contact you. You know, this is all in writing, right?

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:17 AM
See you in court buddy.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Laker Fan, representin'!

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:18 AM
You owe me $10,000. See you in court.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:19 AM
This is well documented, and in writing.... You owe me $10,000. You think I'm kidding, huh?

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 01:19 AM
If Bowen was never DPOY in the first place, you already lost. Then, you're saying Kobe never scored 25 points if and when Bowen was DPOY? You lost buddy.

I didn't say if i said when, it was a loaded bet. I never said he never scored 25. Read

WHEN bruce was DPOY kobe didn't score 25 on him. Bruce never was so Kobe never did.

aka_USAPA
05-21-2008, 01:20 AM
I didn't say if i said when, it was a loaded bet. I never said he never scored 25. Read

WHEN bruce was DPOY kobe didn't score 25 on him. Bruce never was so Kobe never did.

We'll let the court of law decide that. My lawyer will be in touch. See you in court.