PDA

View Full Version : Thanks JB!

ashbeeigh
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't know if you posted this, but it counted towards a media hit for a today and caused my voice to go out because I couldn't get off the phone. I'm holding some folders in a short second in the clip.

Nonprofit Group Helping Troubled Homeowners

POSTED: 4:49 pm CDT May 20, 2008
UPDATED: 5:41 pm CDT May 20, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- In two weeks, 949 Bexar County homes will go on the auction block because of foreclosures. The nonprofit group, ACORN is launching a campaign to help homeowners in trouble.

Leo Vallejo says it was a scary time for his family. They were living on Social Security, his wife was injured and he wasn't getting a paycheck. They fell behind on their mortgage.

"I called the mortgage company, and I told them. They said, 'It's not our problem,'" Vallejo said. "They told me, 'If you don't make the payments, we're going to foreclose.'"

Certified letters followed warning Vallejo on the mortgage company's intent to foreclose.

"You work so much, 12 years to be here, and for what? For somebody to come and take it?" Vallejo said.

Celeste Deleon is with ACORN Housing, a nonprofit group that recently received a $7.8 million federal grant to help prevent foreclosures nationwide.

"Somebody tells you we want $7,000 or we will foreclose your home. They're going to think it's the only option, but it's not," Deleon said.

The nonprofit group is reaching out to help.

"A lot of families are scared to call the lenders; they don't know the lingo, don't know what to ask for. So that's what we're doing," Deleon said.

In Bexar County, 5,621 foreclosures have been filed so far this year, which is 22 percent more than the first half of last year. Foreclosures are happening all over San Antonio, and in all income brackets, from high-dollar homes to modest bungalows.

Vallejo contacted ACORN and the counselor intervened and got his interest rate and monthly payments reduced. His home was saved from foreclosures.

It's like someone sends you a miracle," Vallejo said.

http://www.ksat.com/news/16342989/detail.html

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-20-2008, 10:28 PM
You're welcome.

If you need a direct link to the video, here you go:

http://www.ksat.com/video/16343347/index.html

Mr Dio
05-20-2008, 11:37 PM
JB, thanks for being sexy!

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 12:50 AM
And for bringing it back.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-21-2008, 01:10 AM
You two scare the living hell out of me, you know that right?

marini martini
05-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Hey JB, did you write the story on the fake hostage situation, in the news yesterday, about the chick that called 911 early a.m., saying her. b.f. had her her daughter & mom holed up. It was funny/sarcastic, and turned out to be a hoax! Just wondering! I got a chuckle!