PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Rivalry Rematch Rekindles Memories Of Fisher's Shot; Kobe Praises Pop

duncan228
05-20-2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA052108.11E.BKNspurs.notebook.39732ea.html

Spurs-Lakers notebook: Rivalry rematch rekindles memories of Fisher's shot
By Tom Orsborn

Any thorough discussion of the Spurs-Lakers rivalry must include a prominent mention of the game-winning jumper Derek Fisher sank for the Lakers with 0.4 seconds left in Game 5 of the 2003-04 Western Conference semifinal.

Fisher acknowledged that Tuesday after he was asked how long it took for someone to remind him about the shot after the Spurs set up another showdown with the Lakers by beating the Hornets.

“The game was barely over when I heard somebody from TNT mention the shot,” Fisher said.

The Lakers won that series in six games.

Bryant praises Pop: Count Lakers guard Kobe Bryant among the biggest fans of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.

“I love him,” Bryant said. “I absolutely love him. I had the opportunity to play for him in an All-Star Game, and we talked a little bit. He put us through one of those rigorous practices he does, and it was fun, a great learning experience for me.”

Bryant said he couldn't believe how prepared Popovich was for the game.

“He had his cards with the plays he wanted to run and knew all the matchups,” Bryant said. “It was an unbelievable experience for me to see what kind of coach he is.”

Tickets sold out: Planning on heading out to the AT&T Center for Games 3 or 4 against the Lakers?

If you don't have tickets yet, you're too late.

All available tickets for the first two home games of the series sold out within 15 minutes of going on sale Tuesday.

Staff writer Jeff McDonald contributed to this report.

bdictjames
05-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Bryant wants a coach to push him to be the best he can be, and push his teammates the best they can be too. I think Pop would be very successful if put in today's Laker situation, making the most potential out of Odom's talents.