PDA

View Full Version : Just a question....

Walton Buys Off Me
01-25-2005, 12:36 AM
We call a timeout and the braintrust over there on the sidelines diagrams a play in which Malik Rose acts as the thread-the-needle passer to Brent Barry in the corner for an open three? Are you kidding? Is this the twilight zone? Beno Udrih our best passer sitting on the bench? Did I see that right?

I'm sorry but if this was football and that was a fourth and goal and the Patriots brought in something as useless as Malik Rose (say I dunno a headset) to make something happen, wouldn't that offensive coordinator be fired? Would you ask a headset to be a running back? Why would you ask Malik Rose to carry out something as complicated as that? Did Pop not see him throw the ball into the Pacific Ocean earlier in the evening?

Is there no team willing to take on this raw sewage's contract?

SequSpur
01-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Front page material. Dude, you need to call into game night react, but shit, they don't have it anymore.

exstatic
01-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Not on West coast games, anyway.

ducks
01-25-2005, 12:38 AM
We call a timeout and the briantrust over there on the sidelines diagrams a play in which Malik Rose acts as the thread-the-needle passer to Brent Barry in the corner for an open three? Are you kidding? Is this the twilight zone? Beno Udrih our best passer sitting on the bench? Did I see that right?

I'm sorry but if this was football and that was a fourth and goal and the Patriots brought in something as useless as Malik Rose (say I dunno a headset) to make something happen, wouldn't that offensive coordinator be fired? Would you ask a headset to be a running back? Why would you ask Malik Rose to carry out something as complicated as that? Did Pop not see him throw the ball into the Pacific Ocean earlier in the evening?

Is there no team willing to take on this raw sewage's contract?

I agree rose throwing in the ball wsa stupid

however WHERE WERE YOU THE LAST 2 GAMES?

manustarting2gd
01-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Rose was probably the last option vs. of using the 20 second timeout.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-25-2005, 12:40 AM
however WHERE WERE YOU THE LAST 2 GAMES?

My computer was fucked, I was celebrating though.

Listen, the loss doesn't really bother me- it was the Blazers' night and we won the two games I wanted to win but WTF was Pop thinking diagramming that play?

SequSpur
01-25-2005, 12:42 AM
This loss doesn't bother me either, but hopefully Malik's constant fuckups in crunch time are duly noted and he will be assisting Rasho with loading the bus during fourth quarters from now on.

Sense
01-25-2005, 12:43 AM
This loss doesn't bother me either, but hopefully Malik's constant fuckups in crunch time are duly noted and he will be assisting Rasho with loading the bus during fourth quarters from now on.

Agreed.

Tek_XX
01-25-2005, 12:43 AM
My theory is that Pop doesn't want to coach the All-star game.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Malik needs to go. I'm sorry but he is so unbelievably anti-clutch it almost makes you feel sorry for him. You can just tell he wants no part of a pressure situation. Some of that is Pop's fault for sabotaging his manhood on a nightly basis but Christ, for his sake, he needs some new scenery.

Rick Von Braun
01-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Why would you ask Malik Rose to carry out something as complicated as that? Did Pop not see him throw the ball into the Pacific Ocean earlier in the evening?http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

This was funny... and most importantly it is true. He made some stupid mistakes in the game, but that play was designed by Pop. You simply don't put Malik in that situation.

I disagree about trading Malik though.

Solid D
01-25-2005, 12:26 PM
That game was pretty much a loss at that point, although the cutter did make Malik's pass look worse, since he stopped while being closely defended. Back-door cutters who stop don't make for great plays. It was bad execution and one of the worst passers the Spurs have, throwing the pass. Maybe Pop was going for the element of surprise, since Malik is well-known for being "Dom-a-Lik"?

Key moment of the game, Parker about the tie the score on a layup late in the game and Miles catches him from behind for the block. Fastbreak back the other way, Damon for 3, killer - 5 point swing.

ducks
01-25-2005, 12:28 PM
walton buy a mac you would not have that problem

SpursWoman
01-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Why would you ask Malik Rose to carry out something as complicated as that? Did Pop not see him throw the ball into the Pacific Ocean earlier in the evening?

:lol :lol

That kind of had me stumped, too.

Solid D
01-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, that pass was for Brent Barry also. Repelling magnetism between them I guess.

Malik's pass looked like a rising fastball that got away from him and sailed all the way to the backstop.

samikeyp
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
not the best pass he has ever thrown. kinda summed up the night in general for the Spurs.

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey dipshit, the pass was going to where it was supposed to go, the receiver was not supposed to move to the baseline. That was not on Rose...why don't you watch the game for a change?

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that this Walton dude only makes threads in here after the Spurs lose? I just than God we are not New Orleans, we would have to read his shit a lot more often.

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Here are his last 10 threads, almost all negative, see for yourself. :rolleyes

Thread Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Forum
Just a question.... Walton Buys Off Me Today 11:45 AM
by Jimcs50 17 148 San Antonio Spurs
Rick Carlisle is dumb as shit Walton Buys Off Me 01-10-2005 11:56 AM
by Aggie Hoopsfan 15 416 San Antonio Spurs
Jim Gray to talk about Malone tonight Walton Buys Off Me 01-07-2005 12:54 PM
by GoSpurs21 15 527 San Antonio Spurs
Walton makes a guarantee Walton Buys Off Me 01-05-2005 12:56 PM
by Jimcs50 11 415 San Antonio Spurs
Horry hurt? Walton Buys Off Me 01-04-2005 09:05 PM
by Rummpd 8 136 San Antonio Spurs
Memo to Pop Walton Buys Off Me 01-04-2005 08:02 PM
by Walton Buys Off Me 0 58 San Antonio Spurs
What's up with Pop? ( 1 2 ) Walton Buys Off Me 01-03-2005 09:16 AM
by Brodels 34 619 San Antonio Spurs
Remember the two-time MVP? ( 1 2 ) Walton Buys Off Me 01-02-2005 11:57 PM
by ChumpDumper 33 503 San Antonio Spurs
Imagine.... Walton Buys Off Me 12-23-2004 10:24 PM
by Aggie Hoopsfan 5 119 San Antonio Spurs
Walton starts "Bench Devin" campaign Walton Buys Off Me 12-23-2004 08:55 PM
by Johnny_Blaze_47 3 154 San Antonio Spurs

SpursWoman
01-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Hey dipshit, the pass was going to where it was supposed to go, the receiver was not supposed to move to the baseline. That was not on Rose...why don't you watch the game for a change?

Jim....if he's talking about the one I saw, it was Malik throwing it waaaaaay over his up-stretched arms and into about the 5th row, from what I could tell.

I could have sworn that went right over Pop's head, too.... :lol

I think you're talking about a different Malik TURNOVER. :fro

GoSpurs21
01-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Front page material. Dude, you need to call into game night react, but shit, they don't have it anymore.That's because for the most part GNR sucked. The only part I used to listen to was Kori's report, the rest was just the two idiot brothers with very little participation from the callers.

even preacher tyrone was getting old

almost made me miss the mouse-johnnybottomline crap

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Spurs lose and Walton starts a thread trashing Malik Rose. What's new?

Solid D
01-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Jim....if he's talking about the one I saw, it was Malik throwing it waaaaaay over his up-stretched arms and into about the 5th row, from what I could tell.

I could have sworn that went right over Pop's head, too.... :lol

I think you're talking about a different Malik TURNOVER. :fro

Malik had 2 bad passes. Jim's talking about the one at the end of the game. Manu had just gotten the Spurs within 3 points, then Stoudamire hit the hesitation 3 pointer to go up by 6 (in the last 30 seconds of the game. Malik took the inbounds pass and then threw it out of bounds past the baseline/end-line) trying to hit Brent who appeared to be cutting to the basket and then stopped.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Is it me, or does Jim really enjoy talking about me?

With all the attention devoted to me, seems like the little boys are losing out....?

Lick my prick faggot.

Go make a prediction, or put together a bogus news story, leave the deabte to the people with positive IQs.

Jim= Load that should have been swallowed. Or in your momma's case, allowed to hit the floor of the stripclub.

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Is it me, or does Jim really enjoy talking about me?

It is you.

I am just pointing out something to you that everyone knows. You are always negative. You must be a real joy to be around in person.

Have you tried Prozac?

T Park
01-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Lick my prick faggot.

with intelligent banter like that, who could not love this place.

Jimcs50
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
with intelligent banter like that, who could not love this place.

Scintillating, well thought out, mature, intelligent conversation on Walton's part, yes?

T Park
01-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Its the same stuff over and over.

My favorite of all time though??

"Fuck the management" In reference to Kori and LJ.

k