PDA

View Full Version : Horry Interview on ESPNs Spurs Home Page

whottt
05-21-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm not sure if it has been posted or not but it's a pretty awesome piece.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=sas

LA24
05-21-2008, 02:58 AM
He's got a great shot at 8. Incredible.

Phil Hellmuth
05-21-2008, 03:01 AM
cool vid.

where is he among most playoff victories as a player?

whottt
05-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Pop: You can have a game plan and Horry will do something in a game that you didn't even think of...and it'll be better than what you had planned.

That's exactly right, it's like a genius with Horry. And it'll never show up in stats...you just have to watch, and it'll be seen in the little things he does spontaneously, the moments when no one else knows what to do....

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you threw out the stat book and just read about Horry's career and stats were never even mentioned...you'd come up away thinking he's a No-Brain HOF player.

It's only the stats that get in the way of his HOF status...

The stats should come after they game, not before it, for they are merely numbers. If they're being used to keep a player that obviously belongs in, out, then they need to get out of the way.

That's when that rule about lies, damn lies, and stats would be apropos.

I hear a lot of comparisons of Horry to other players and most of them are inaccurate IMO and they don't do Horry justice, as they are usually guys that knocked down a big shot or 2 in one or maybe 2 playoff runs...not 7 of them.

IMO, the player he compares to...if you don't look at the stats(and get ready for the knee jerk reactions)...

Is Bill Russell. He just wins....and he's played with a hell of a lot of other HOF'ers.

LA24
05-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Hey Whott,

Horry or Kobe ? :lol

whottt
05-21-2008, 03:06 AM
cool vid.

where is he among most playoff victories as a player?

He's probably way way up there in victories...although I think maybe some of the Showtime Lakers players have more...not only did they win 5 finals, they went to another 3-5 of them. I think Kareem might still have that record..or maybe Magic passed him along the way.

whottt
05-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Hey Whott,

Horry or Kobe ? :lol

Horry...he wouldn't force us to fire Pop and trade Manu, Parker, Duncan and Bruce(and himself once he had made the team suck).

If I had a team capable of winning a championship I'd probably take Kobe...but if I had a shitty team there'd be no way in hell I'd take Kobe because he'd force me to trade him for Vlade Divacs or some shit like that. In fact he did......

Borosai
05-21-2008, 03:08 AM
He single-handedly kept championship dreams alive, and he never rode coattails. He earned them all.