PDA

View Full Version : Payback time - Spurs 4 -2 LA Lakers

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I read last night a LA Laker fan, who stated: "I wouldn't be shocked if Spurs beat the Lakers." (ESPN group of "experts" think the Lakers will beat the Spurs.)

Say What???

This statement is a little upsetting - it underminds my team:

1. In the past 4 years the Spurs won 2 titles, LA Lakers barely made the Playoffs (WITH a COMPLETELY different roster) and LOST MISERABLY there from the Suns (one year LA even didn't make it to the Playoffs!)...

2. Current LA Laker team doesn't have enough experience in the Playoffs together and I don't see them winning a game in SA (Spurs are NOT Utah Jazz, SORRY!) - only Kobe, Fish and somewhat Odom have a Playoff experience - so, if it gets to Game 7 (which I hardly believe because the Spurs will win 1 game in LA!), all those LA folks with NO experience will start throwing "watermelons" towards the basket and be 'really confused with the ball' - the same way the NO Hornets were 2 days ago - rewind the tape to see...Spurs deliver when it counts!

3. LA Lakers don't have a point guard like C Paul to compete with Tony Parker, so Tony will be the difference in the series - I don't see who is going to stop/guard Tony in the paint, and how LA will get even points in a fast break to respond to Tony's drives(???!) - with that regard it is fair to say LA doesn't even have a true PG (forget about the Fish) to compete, and you don't win a title without a PG!

4. In addition, LA lakers don't have a player like Chandler to defend Timmy 'one on one' - Gasol is mostly a scorer and a passer under the basket, but NOT a defender - in addition, the Spurs WILL put Thomas and/or Horry on Gasol, and Thomas and/or Horry will close the paint on him (even Timmy will be there too!) - game over right there for Gasol...Kobe and probably Odom will get their points, no problem, but this will be it...Contrary to ESPN "experts", if this is a high scoring series, the Spurs WILL WIN it...BTW, Nobody is giving the Spurs a chance this time around (same way after NO Hornets took a 2-0 lead), even SI.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/marty_burns/05/20/spurs.lakers/?eref=sircrc

so this automatically makes the Spurs the favorites to win it in my eyes! I LOVE NEGATIVITY towards the Spurs from the Press - We respond VERY WELL to rubbish!!!

5. This year is special for the Spurs - it started with the 3-pt shots of Finley and Timmy Duncan against the Suns in game 1, going into a double OT and winning the series 4-1! How many teams would've beaten the Suns 4-1 this year??? THINK! Probably NONE! So, I believe the Spurs are poised to repeat with that said...

6. It is fair to say the opposite, we would be shocked if the Spurs lose from LA Lakers this time around (especially after LA will play without Bynum)...

CONCLUSION: Get back to reality - Spurs 4 - 2 LA Lakers (Tony Parker will be the Player of the series!)

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!! GO TONY!!!

mrspurs
05-21-2008, 07:53 AM
these guys get paid to talk....not play....never forget that and most of these guys who talk.....never won a championship.....go spurs go

boutons_
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Get the split in LA and I see the Spurs 4-1, then a couple days rest as DET-BOS goes 6 or 7.

Killakobe81
05-21-2008, 08:36 AM
LOL
Only Odom and Bryant has experience?
what about .04?
Fisher destroying you by going like 9 of 12 from the 3 point line in a sweep BEFORE that ...
FEAR DFish!!!!

greyforest
05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
i wonder how bad the refs are going to be in lala land

Lakers_55
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
It isn't going to be easy for either team. Just relax and enjoy one of the greatest rivalaries over the last generation between probably the two greatest franchises over that time span. Yeah, Spurs > Chicago over last 33 years. Chicago's run was brief, SA has been in the mix consistently.

I picked elsewhere Lakers in 6, but I am no different than any other loyal fan. Whoever wins, will earn it. Both have been champs and there can only be one left standing.

thekingrobert
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
did Fish attempt to cover Parker last year while with Utah, that went great

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 09:13 AM
LOL
what about .04?
Fisher destroying you by going like 9 of 12 from the 3 point line in a sweep BEFORE that ...
FEAR DFish!!!!

OK, fish is a fish...Miracles don't come 2 times - ASK UTAH JAZZ LAST YEAR when we beat them in the Playoffs 4-1...FISH did exactly ZERO in this series...I don't see him any different now...

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
LOL
what about .04?
FEAR DFish!!!!

Ok, I did edit the post and put Fish in the "mix", BUT this doesn't change the fact YOUR ENTIRE ROSTER is INEXPERIENCED in the Playoffs...PERIOD...

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Over/under on how many times Spurs will pull the ref card?

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Over/under on how many times Spurs will pull the ref card?

You mean the .04 shot in 2004? You know well, this CANNOT happen in real life - The ref card is the LA's preference...

The_Game
05-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Ok, I did edit the post and put Fish in the "mix", BUT this doesn't change the fact YOUR ENTIRE ROSTER is INEXPERIENCED in the Playoffs...PERIOD...

Experience is so freaking overrated

Stop using the experience card. It is pointless. Lakers main players are experienced pro's who know what it takes to win. As do the Spurs

I hate idiot fans who use your logic. Shows you have never played basketball at any kind of level.

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Experience is so freaking overrated

Stop using the experience card. It is pointless. Lakers main players are experienced pro's who know what it takes to win. As do the Spurs

I hate idiot fans who use your logic. Shows you have never played basketball at any kind of level.

First, You MUST stop with the insults. I NEVER called anyone an IDIOT. I even didn't see a Laker Fan here calling our fans "idiots". Therefore, your expression makes me believe that you are probably one of the "Spurs fans", who cheered for Horry at the ATT center after he pushed West in the back...Nothing new...Every team has fans like you, who tend constantly to insult fans of their own team...and what I am saying is UNDERRATED...You either have a civilized discussion, OR YOU DON'T...NO INSULTS!

Second, for your information, I did play, and I do play basketball for fun (of course) - the EXPERIENCE DOES MATTER a lot, unfortunately - rewind the tape of Game 7 against the Hornets and you will see the reality - the Hornets started throwing "watermelons" towards the basket and were really confused with the ball in clutch times - we shut them down pretty good, and in the end, even Tony P said that "the experience did help us beating them in Game 7"...

Cheers!

cash459
05-21-2008, 10:41 AM
First, You MUST stop with the insults. I NEVER called anyone an IDIOT. I even didn't see a Laker Fan here calling our fans "idiots". Therefore, your expression makes me believe that you are probably one of the "Spurs fans", who cheered for Horry at the ATT center after he pushed West in the back...Nothing new...Every team has fans like you, who tend constantly to insult fans of their own team...and what I am saying is UNDERRATED...You either have a civilized discussion, OR YOU DON'T...NO INSULTS!

Second, for your information, I did play, and I do play basketball for fun (of course) - the EXPERIENCE DOES MATTER a lot, unfortunately - rewind the tape of Game 7 against the Hornets and you will see the reality - the Hornets started throwing "watermelons" towards the basket and were really confused with the ball in clutch times - we shut them down pretty good, and in the end, even Tony P said that "the experience did help us beating them in Game 7"...

Cheers!

:toast

BlingX14
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
We should be able to have a civilized conversation here period. Come on fellas, we are fans of the 2 greatest franchises of the new millenium. We're above the childish insults & name calling a la racist Jazz fans.

Manu_Ginobili
05-21-2008, 01:16 PM
We should be able to have a civilized conversation here period. Come on fellas, we are fans of the 2 greatest franchises of the new millenium. We're above the childish insults & name calling a la racist Jazz fans.

Correct! I agree...I don't know WHY the guy is calling me an IDIOT, after taking into account he is one of our Fans!

Princess Pimp
05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I read last night a LA Laker fan, who stated: "I wouldn't be shocked if Spurs beat the Lakers." (ESPN group of "experts" think the Lakers will beat the Spurs.)

Say What???

1. In the past 4 years the Spurs won 2 titles, LA Lakers barely made the Playoffs (WITH a COMPLETELY different roster) and LOST MISERABLY there from the Suns (one year LA even didn't make it to the Playoffs!)...

2. Current LA Laker team doesn't have enough experience in the Playoffs together and I don't see them winning a game in SA (Spurs are NOT Utah Jazz, SORRY!) - only Kobe, Fish and somewhat Odom have a Playoff experience - so, if it gets to Game 7 (which I hardly believe because the Spurs will win 1 game in LA!), all those LA folks with NO experience will start throwing "watermelons" towards the basket and be 'really confused with the ball' - the same way the NO Hornets were 2 days ago - rewind the tape to see...Spurs deliver when it counts!

3. LA Lakers don't have a point guard like C Paul to compete with Tony Parker, so Tony will be the difference in the series - I don't see who is going to stop/guard Tony in the paint, and how LA will get even points in a fast break to respond to Tony's drives(???!) - with that regard it is fair to say LA doesn't even have a true PG (forget about the Fish) to compete, and you don't win a title without a PG!

4. In addition, LA lakers don't have a player like Chandler to defend Timmy 'one on one' - Gasol is mostly a scorer and a passer under the basket, but NOT a defender - in addition, the Spurs WILL put Thomas and/or Horry on Gasol, and Thomas and/or Horry will close the paint on him (even Timmy will be there too!) - game over right there for Gasol...Kobe and probably Odom will get their points, no problem, but this will be it...Contrary to ESPN "experts", if this is a high scoring series, the Spurs WILL WIN it...BTW, Nobody is giving the Spurs a chance this time around (same way after NO Hornets took a 2-0 lead), even SI.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/marty_burns/05/20/spurs.lakers/?eref=sircrc

so this automatically makes the Spurs the favorites to win it in my eyes! I LOVE NEGATIVITY towards the Spurs from the Press - We respond VERY WELL to rubbish!!!

5. This year is special for the Spurs - it started with the 3-pt shots of Finley and Timmy Duncan against the Suns in game 1, going into a double OT and winning the series 4-1! How many teams would've beaten the Suns 4-1 this year??? THINK! Probably NONE! So, I believe the Spurs are poised to repeat with that said...

6. It is fair to say the opposite, we would be shocked if the Spurs lose from LA Lakers this time around (especially after LA will play without Bynum)...

CONCLUSION: Get back to reality - Spurs 4 - 2 LA Lakers (Tony Parker will be the Player of the series!)

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

Dream on Losers!

ducks
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
has princess been right yet this year?

Strike
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Dream on Losers!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x16/chrisschuff19/you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 01:35 PM
SMH @ overconfident spurs fans.

Princess Pimp
05-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Lakers win in a blowout tonight!

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Lakers win in a blowout tonight!

Not just tonight.

Princess Pimp
05-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Not just tonight.

Yeah in most games although these douches will have the "fatigue" excuse ready after the game.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
what about .04?

What about it? It was bullshit...the shot should not have counted...but it was all for nothing, anyway...the Fakers got utterly destroyed by the Pistons in the Finals. :lmao

The year before, the Spurs made all you Faker bitches cry like the little bitches they were, with a 20+ point BLOWOUT of the Fakers...and the Spurs actually went on to win the title that year, too... :hat

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah in most games although these douches will have the "fatigue" excuse ready after the game.

Yeah, Spurs fans are full of it. What they also like to do is blame Joey and other referees when they lose.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, Spurs fans are full of it. What they also like to do is blame Javie and other referees when they lose.

FAIL. See my other post on this topic. Google "Joe Crawford Tim Duncan".

Lake_show
05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
One word you know what I meant

Princess Pimp
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Spurs fans are full of it. What they also like to do is blame Joey and other referees when they lose.

Funny thing is how they always want to find out who is going to be the referee of the night...

Poor losers always blaming it on the refs.

LakeShow
05-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Say What???

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!

My thoughts,

1. Kobe Bryant will make Bruce work hard and will not be held down by an old 37 year old man. Bruce will be so worn out trying to keep up with Bryant that by the 3rd and 4th periods his 3 point shots will be short. Leaving him, irrelevant.

2. Pau and Tim will cancel themselves out. Of course Tim will get his but it wont matter.

3. The spurs have absolutely no one to guard Lamar Odom, he will have his way with anyone the Spurs try to put on him.

4. Phil Jackson OWNS Pop!

5. LAKERS OWN Spurs in the playoffs!

6. Tony Parker, He's ok, he's always in LA. Undercover lover of LA. Fisher will do well vs. TP and with Lamar and Gasol they will be able to stop the layups.

7. The Spurs are an average offensive team and a good defensive team. If they play anywhere near the level that they played the Hornets, they might not win a game. La's shooters will have a field day!

8. Odom will destroy POP's attempt at Hack a Odom by making the clutch shots.

9. The Lakers bench > Spurs old timers

10. Rad, Sasha, Fisher will have plenty of open looks and will drill the 3's.

Lakers in 5