PDA

View Full Version : Truce.....

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 12:32 PM
People,
So lately, well maybe over the last few years I've been a little douchey and somewhat antagonistic. Some would say I've been a curmudgeon. Some have called me "emo" or whatever you young hipsters want to call me. Truth of the matter, I'm happy as a fan that we are seeing the Lakers vs. Spurs once again. I'm pleased to be a part of the Spurstalk family and appreciate all of the various anti-Laker threads over the years.

Basically, I would like to extend the proverbial olive branch to all and wish everyone a happy series. There's too much fighting and strife in the world to let petty differences come between us NBA fans. We've been through a lot.

Lakers :married: Spurs
:flag:

YODA
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
May the force be with you. The dark side cloudeth everything.

Strike
Who are you? And what have you done with Medvedenko?

Kidding. I actually like the Lakers. But since they're playing the Spurs I'm hoping the Lakers get worked over like a three dollar crack whore.

It's gonna be a good series. :flag:

dickface
People,
So lately, well maybe over the last few years I've been a little douchey and somewhat antagonistic. Some would say I've been a curmudgeon. Some have called me "emo" or whatever you young hipsters want to call me. Truth of the matter, I'm happy as a fan that we are seeing the Lakers vs. Spurs once again. I'm pleased to be a part of the Spurstalk family and appreciate all of the various anti-Laker threads over the years.

Basically, I would like to extend the proverbial olive branch to all and wish everyone a happy series. There's too much fighting and strife in the world to let petty differences come between us NBA fans. We've been through a lot.

Fuck off you Canadian fairy!

Lakers Suck

monosylab1k
05-21-2008, 12:36 PM
People,
So lately, well maybe over the last few years I've been a little douchey

a little?

ATXSPUR
05-21-2008, 12:37 PM
why are spurs on the bride side?

O-Factor
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Fuck that Slava

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
why are spurs on the bride side?

'Cause the Lakers are dicks.

No wait . . . dammit, that left the door open, didn't it?

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Sure, I'll get my lawyer to draft up the papers

Kriz-Maxima
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
*cue the guy with the "its a trap" pic

rAm
05-21-2008, 12:43 PM
This is the first series in a while that I am not "nervous" going into it.

It has nothing to do with disrespecting the Lakers, in fact it is the other way around. This is the first series where I feel that this was supposed to happen.

Spurs vs Lakers is always a great series, and I am ready for the outcome. I am ready to accept our Spurs going against the Lakers. This series is incredibly important to both teams legacy's (most of all the Spurs). It is the changing of the guard so to speak, Spurs on their way out and Lakers on their way in.

I think the Spurs still have one more championship in them, and they are going to have to get "permission" so to speak from the Lakers in order to cement their legacy as a dynasty.

If they don't win, then it is of course the Lakers who will have the last laugh, and since I live in LA I will never hear the end of it, as Laker fans can never give up any ground in an argument of how great their team is :ihit

Going to an LA Public High School as a Spurs fan from 1999-2003 when I graduated was tough.

rAm
05-21-2008, 12:44 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s a trap!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ . . . . ._________/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :Ί ‘-, . . /. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : :o : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :O ‘-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :Ί :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ; . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .
. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .
. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ :|| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .
. . . :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : : ||/ /,-‘-‘x### :: ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . / /---‘’’’ : # : : : : : | | : (O##Ί : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . /,’____ : : ‘-# : , : : : : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,― :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’― :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ :: :: :: :’’’’’― :: ,-‘ :,/ . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .,/ /|\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\’|\ |/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : : , . . . . . . .
. . . ./― :| | : |/ :: ::----, :/ :|/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .
. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\ . . . .
. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :―’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :―’’’’’-,_ .
./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’― : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,
/ : : : : : -, :―’’’’’’’’’’’― : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : :―’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Fuck a truce!!! You cant call a truce right before the war is about to start. Death to the Spurs!!!

Look dude...It's a truce between me and the fans of the spurs and probably other teams fans as well. What happens on the courts is out of my control. However I can control my petty emotions and I wish everyone well. Like I said earlier, there's way too much violence, suffering and pain already.

spursfan09
05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
People,

Why are the Spurs the one in the viel?

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Why are the Spurs the one in the viel?

No reason...didn't see a same sex emoticon...

dickface
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM

You would want a same-sex marriage emoticon. Fruit.

Strike
05-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Fuck a truce!!! You cant call a truce right before the war is about to start. Death to the Spurs!!!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/whuddupsquaz/Douche.jpg

O-Factor
05-21-2008, 12:51 PM
This

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x199/filming/Braveheart.gif

Not this
http://www.team-swap.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/1995-braveheart2.jpg

dickface
05-21-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.themadhat.com/images/vader-fail.jpg

boutons_
05-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Medved, here's a truce: GFY

Actually, you're not too bad a troll, but WTH, principles are principles. :)

beachwood
05-21-2008, 12:54 PM
This is the first series in a while that I am not "nervous" going into it.

It has nothing to do with disrespecting the Lakers, in fact it is the other way around. This is the first series where I feel that this was supposed to happen.

Glad you mentioned this too. I don't feel half as nervous as I did before the Suns or Hornets series. For a minute I thought maybe i'm just emotionally worn out from going 7 games or taking the Lakers too lightly. But I think you hit it on the mark; this is a rite of passage kind of series. If we are to get to the Finals and represent the West as a true dynasty, then its so fitting that we have to go through the Lakers.

They went through us for their repeats. Now we have to go through them to get ours. It's like natural selection.

Supreme_Being
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I want the Spurs to three-peat.

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Medved, here's a truce: GFY

Actually, you're not too bad a troll, but WTH, principles are principles. :)

Same here....:toast

spursfan09
05-21-2008, 12:57 PM

:lol uh huh... 5 bucks says that if you win game 1 you will be here throwing it in our faces..

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
:lol uh huh... 5 bucks says that if you win game 1 you will be here throwing it in our faces..

Well, actually I haven't really been too involved with the games versus the spurs in 4 years. I don't believe I have ever gloated here too much after a win.

In all honesty, do I want the Lakers to win. Yes, of course. Would I cry or cast stones if the spurs win...nope.

rAm
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Glad you mentioned this too. I don't feel half as nervous as I did before the Suns or Hornets series. For a minute I thought maybe i'm just emotionally worn out from going 7 games or taking the Lakers too lightly. But I think you hit it on the mark; this is a rite of passage kind of series. If we are to get to the Finals and represent the West as a true dynasty, then its so fitting that we have to go through the Lakers.

They went through us for their repeats. Now we have to go through them to get ours. It's like natural selection.

Well said, I couldn't put it into words right.

hive_attack
05-21-2008, 01:00 PM
:lol at Medvedenko getting hated on.

jag
05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
You're fine by me.

That being said...

quit being such an Emo.

honestfool84
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Sure, I'll get my lawyer to draft up the papers

yes. +1

marini martini
05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
You're still not going to get a Laker's board in here! No way, no how:nope

Suck up! Truce my ass:toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao

BobcatsDynasty
05-21-2008, 01:10 PM
The Lakers are a fluke. All they ever do is make their shots.

spursfan09
05-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, actually I haven't really been too involved with the games versus the spurs in 4 years. I don't believe I have ever gloated here too much after a win.

In all honesty, do I want the Lakers to win. Yes, of course. Would I cry or cast stones if the spurs win...nope.

:toast

hive_attack
05-21-2008, 01:11 PM
The Lakers are a fluke. All they ever do is make their shots.
Yeah it's a good thing they make their shots or they would be in real trouble. :lol

nkdlunch
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
we'll give you a truce when the Fakers wave the white flag, ya bastard!

baseline bum
05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Fuck the Lakers and their fans

BlingX14
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/jbarnicki/king_rodney.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM

No wait . . . dammit, that left the door open, didn't it?
you are what you eat.

Indazone
05-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Lakers Suck

hahaha

Allanon
05-21-2008, 01:52 PM
The Lakers and Spurs meeting in the Playoffs...
Fans just waiting for the end of Game 1 to teabag the other fans in their misery

....everything is once again right in the NBA world.

Borosai
05-21-2008, 01:56 PM
The Lakers and Spurs meeting in the Playoffs...
Fans just waiting for the end of Game 1 to teabag the other fans in their misery

....everything is once again right in the NBA world.

:lol So true.

Agitator
05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
People,

Regarding your siggy: "Free Kobe"

Does that mean you are giving him away? Is he broken or something? :p:

mVp
05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
People,

Dude, I want some of that shit you're smoking

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Regarding your siggy: "Free Kobe"

Does that mean you are giving him away? Is he broken or something? :p:

I used this sig during the Kobe trade talks and wanted him to leave the Lakers.

rayray2k8
05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Lets see how this "truce" holds up during or after the series. :)
With the exception of "Lakalovea" or whatever he calls himself,
the majority of laker fans that visit this board, arent that bad.

Spurs fans should easily agree, after having to put up with suns, mavs and
especially hornet fans.. (Come on spurs fans, you can't deny this.)

It's good to see an old rivalry renewed.
Let's get this thing started!!

ClingingMars
05-21-2008, 02:15 PM

http://iatiat.ytmnd.com/

- Mars

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Truce?

Good game 1 :)

J.T.
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM

"There are three kinds of people in this world. . ."

hater
05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Truce?

Good game 1 :)

do you live in LA? r u from LA?

or are you one of the millions of Lakers bandwagoners?

LakeShow
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
A Truce? Hell No! We're Winning. Let's crush these cockroaches! :nutkick:

:lol Some of the Spurs fans wanted this and now they got it. I saw it coming when this thread was posted.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96128

I just hope you guys don't act like a bunch of bitches when you get Lakers fans signing up to talk shit like you're talking shit. No changing posts, no banning and complaining about them, etc..etc.. Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

The more the merrier, right? It's funny to me and I dont GAF about it.

Go Lakers!

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
do you live in LA? r u from LA?

or are you one of the millions of Lakers bandwagoners?

No I don't live in LA, but you're right there is at least a million of us.

Jimcs50
05-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Medvedenko, long time no see. You used to be an ass, what happened? Near death experience? You get off the roids? Get laid for the first time?

:)

Anyway, good to see you back...hopefully you will remain gracious even after my Spurs eliminate your Lakers.

The_Worlds_finest
05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
:princess <--Kobe
:princess <--Jack off jackson
:princess <-- GAYsol
:princess <-- Odor
:princess <-- Laker Fan

Laker bandwagon Fans :makeout Kobe

:hang Canada

:fishing Lakers after game 6

:flipoff From your southern neighbors whos population isnt out numbered by polar bears....and no I dont give a crap if you have "free health care"

Septic
05-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Lakers Suck+1 trillion

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Medvedenko, long time no see. You used to be an ass, what happened? Near death experience? You get off the roids? Get laid for the first time?

:)

Anyway, good to see you back...hopefully you will remain gracious even after my Spurs eliminate your Lakers.

I haven't really left, but not really posting as much. I just wanted to clear things up with myself with regards to the Spurs vs Lakers and how as a fan I feel and interpret the games now. It's all good, I won't stop being an ass though. :toast

dg7md
05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I can tell that half of the people on this site with their shit talking have never played basketball before with some of the overly obnoxious fandom. This site has been full of it on both ends recently. It's actually kind of moronic that some complain about trolls, but when someone comes in of fandom of the opposite team in a respectable post with someone who is regarded as an esteemed poster here gets flamed by a few fans when he is trying to call for a truce?

Spurs fans in general are so hypocritical when they talk about all of the class they have, then they pull stuff like this. And are people giving Canada smack? GTFO with that and man up, and start practicing what you preach.

This is more of a rant in general about what has been clearly visible in threads these past few weeks, not so much this thread in particular.

Medvedenko
05-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I can tell that half of the people on this site with their shit talking have never played basketball before with some of the overly obnoxious fandom. This site has been full of it on both ends recently. It's actually kind of moronic that some complain about trolls, but when someone comes in of fandom of the opposite team in a respectable post with someone who is regarded as an esteemed poster here gets flamed by a few fans when he is trying to call for a truce?

Spurs fans in general are so hypocritical when they talk about all of the class they have, then they pull stuff like this. And are people giving Canada smack? GTFO with that and man up, and start practicing what you preach.

This is more of a rant in general about what has been clearly visible in threads these past few weeks, not so much this thread in particular.

Nice comment. It really is all about the game first and foremost. The rest of the BS that occurs is good and all and usually all in fun. However, some of the vitriol spilled on this board lately is beyond hilarious. I called the truce to cleanse my previous selfs lamenting. Look, there's no need to be a douche on the board unless you really want to be.

cnyc3
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey now lets leave Canada out of this :lol

Tyler_Durden
05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
If the Lakers had not won, you would still be spreading your douchebagginess, not pining for e-friendship.

cash459
05-22-2008, 07:50 PM
You would want a same-sex marriage emoticon. Fruit.

no, thats what 21 blessings would want.... :lol

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/images/tarp.jpg

Medvedenko
05-25-2008, 02:16 AM
If the Lakers had not won, you would still be spreading your douchebagginess, not pining for e-friendship.

Look buddy...I started this thread prior to the series.....I guess I'm pining for understanding and harmony.

heymanooh1
05-25-2008, 02:52 AM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3364/strikedowngi3.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Easy to say when you're up 2-0, but we'll see whether it lasts...

PS i don't know whose troll Tyler Durden is, but kudos to you sir! Well played! :toast

Medvedenko
05-26-2008, 05:37 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/n15dom.jpg

The Truce is OVER.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-26-2008, 05:39 PM
:lmao Aww... why?

Ginofan
05-26-2008, 06:04 PM
B.F.D.

JustSpurs
05-26-2008, 06:13 PM