PDA

View Full Version : Honest question for Dan

Dim Tuncan
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
What do you think of Barack Hussein Obama's belief that Arabic translators deployed in Iraq are needed in Afghanistan?

Thanks in Advance.

Don Quixote
05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
That one's okay. His heart was in the right place.

And when the Anointed One chalked up his blowout defeat in Kentucky (he's now lost 5 of 7) to the people not knowing as much about him, because Arkansas is much closer to Ky. than where he's from (Ill.) -- again, let's not be too hard on him. Despite the fact that Illinois borders Ky. and, well, Ark. doesn't -- he was tired, and he is, after all, the Messiah.

Go easy on him.

All hail the Messiah!!

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/05/obama420.jpg

Hope! And, um, change!
http://www.foliomag.com/files/images/rolling_stone_obama.jpg

A critique of the second image ...
NAME: Paola DiMeglio
TITLE: Associate art director, Psychiatric Times
CRITIQUE: First reaction was that this looked like something from a Jehovah's witness "The Watchtower" cover (those brochures that they pass out for a quarter) ... has this religious feel to it. It's more like he's doing a Superman stance. Maybe they should have put the "S" shirt under his jacket with the cap. That would have gotten the effect, but maybe taken as more of an insult than an endorsement. I don't really care for the fonts but I see it's their standard serif font. It looks more like The New Republic or The Week instead of Rolling Stone.

JohnnyMarzetti
05-21-2008, 01:21 PM
They all make mistakes. Is this all you right wing whackos have? Dumbya spits stupid crap from his mouth every time he speaks and McCain does too he just can't remember.

Don Quixote
05-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Exactly.

I have a feeling, though, that the media will remember Republican gaffes a lot longer than they will anything by Billary or St. Barry.

Dim Tuncan
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Exactly.

I have a feeling, though, that the media will remember Republican gaffes a lot longer than they will anything by Billary or St. Barry.

Bingo.

The media would have a field day if anyone with an R by their name confused Persians with Arabs. And we can bet our sweet asses there'd be charges of racism and bigotry hurled as well.

xrayzebra
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
They all make mistakes. Is this all you right wing whackos have? Dumbya spits stupid crap from his mouth every time he speaks and McCain does too he just can't remember.

I know sweetie. I know. Just simple mistakes, by a simple
person.

PixelPusher
05-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Bingo.

The media would have a field day if anyone with an R by their name confused Persians with Arabs. And we can bet our sweet asses there'd be charges of racism and bigotry hurled as well.

McCain did confuse Arabs (al Qaeda) and Persians (Iran) a month ago, and it amounted to little more than Brit Hume brushing it off as a "senior moment".

Dim Tuncan
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
McCain did confuse Arabs (al Qaeda) and Persians (Iran) a month ago, and it amounted to little more than Brit Hume brushing it off as a "senior moment".

So intellectually dishonest Libtards are now justifying their blind shilling for Barack Hussein Obama by comparing their tactics to those of Shit Fumes. Gotcha.

PixelPusher
05-21-2008, 02:51 PM
So intellectually dishonest Libtards are now justifying their blind shilling for Barack Hussein Obama by comparing their tactics to those of Shit Fumes. Gotcha.
You made an assertion about how the media would treat a Republican, and I gave you a pertinent example of what actually DID happen, which was not very much.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
The media would have a field day if anyone with an R by their name confused Persians with Arabs.Or Persians with Afghans.

PixelPusher
05-21-2008, 03:00 PM
...comparing their tactics to those of Shit Fumes. Gotcha.
:lol you do know Brit Humes is one of your guys, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/brit%20hume%20murths%20it%20up-thumb.JPG

Extra Stout
05-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Or Persians with Afghans.

Afghans (at least the majority of them) also speak Farsi. So, khoda hafez.

JoeChalupa
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Shit Fumes

:lmao :lmao

Don Quixote
05-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Okay, fine. Brit Hume brushed off McCain's "senior moment." But isn't Fox News fake, with no credibility, anyway?

I wonder what the liberal media, on the other hand, had to say about McCain's moment ....

PixelPusher
05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Okay, fine. Brit Hume brushed off McCain's "senior moment." But isn't Fox News fake, with no credibility, anyway?

I wonder what the liberal media, on the other hand, had to say about McCain's moment ....
sure, the liberal blogs went ape over it, but the talking heads reaction was pretty tame. (verbal gaff, honest mistake, etc.)

Ironically, I think Hume's "senior moment" comment was (inadvertently) the most pointed critique to be found in the MSM.