PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fan underestimation...

ShowtimeRedux
05-21-2008, 02:22 PM
You can't honestly say with a straight face that you really think you will win in 5 or 6 hands down. It really seems like most of you Spurs fans haven't gotten to know this Laker team very well. Most of you still believe Odom is playing like a joke, our bench isn't worth shit, and you act like Gasol won't be getting at least 18-8. If you truly think the Hornets team you just took to 7 games is a better team than ours, you need to check yourself. You're in for an extremely tough series, and one that I frankly don't see you winning. I was dying for you to beat New Orleans because I respect the Spurs and want our championship run to go through the team we have so much history with, but most of you obviously don't respect this Lakers team (some of you understand how hard this series is going to be). I'm telling you right now, it might come back to bite you in the ass.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Damn, you lakerfans are so sensitive.

Princess Pimp
05-21-2008, 02:25 PM
You can't honestly say with a straight face that you really think you will win in 5 or 6 hands down. It really seems like most of you Spurs fans haven't gotten to know this Laker team very well. Most of you still believe Odom is playing like a joke, our bench isn't worth shit, and you act like Gasol won't be getting at least 18-8. If you truly think the Hornets team you just took to 7 games is a better team than ours, you need to check yourself. You're in for an extremely tough series, and one that I frankly don't see you winning. I was dying for you to beat New Orleans because I respect the Spurs and want our championship run to go through the team we have so much history with, but most of you obviously don't respect this Lakers team (some of you understand how hard this series is going to be). I'm telling you right now, it might come back to bite you in the ass.

They ' ll find out soon.

I like the cockiness of these bitches spurs fans..

It took 7 games to beat an inexpirenced Hornets team.

Beast
05-21-2008, 02:27 PM

really?! why even waste time here? go home! we dont care what you think! go to your own forum and babble on.

MadDog73
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Uh, it won't bite US in the ass, because we're not playing.

If I heard Spurs players talking trash, you'd have a point, but I gave up the belief that my rantings on the intertubes had any effect on the world a long time ago.

Just for the record, nobody knows how this will turn out. I didn't expect the Spurs to beat the Suns in 5, and I didn't expect it would take to Game 7 to beat the Hornets.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs won in 5, 6 or 7 or vice versa.

Until we see how these teams play (we haven't seen full Spurs and Lakers play each other yet) nobody knows.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
They ' ll find out soon.

The same hornets team you picked to beat them in 4 then in 5 then in 6 then in7

ShowtimeRedux
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Uh, it won't bite US in the ass, because we're not playing.

If I heard Spurs players talking trash, you'd have a point, but I gave up the belief that my rantings on the intertubes had any effect on the world a long time ago.

Most people rant knowing that it doesn't have any effect, its just to blow off steam...

Strike
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
They ' ll find out soon.

And only 5 games to beat an experienced Suns team.

:owned

hater
05-21-2008, 02:35 PM

yeah, Lakers are better team than Hornets. not by much, but better.

difference is that we don't have mismatches vs. Lakers as we did vs. Hornets. So it's really not underestimation. It's us knowing our shit. Spurs in 6

brettn
05-21-2008, 02:36 PM
It is gonna be a tough series and the Lakers are a good team.

That said, you're still a little bitch for bitching about this.

BruceBowenFan
05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
They ' ll find out soon.

didnt they get further than an experienced suns team

LakersDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:38 PM
There will be no surprises here. The Spurs are a fake team. People only think Ginobili is good because he makes all his shots.

The Spurs will shoot some shots but the Lakers will win the series. Just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

SpursDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:38 PM

Sorry, it might seem like we're arrogant, but your Laker team only finished two games ahead of Phoenix and one game ahead of New Orleans and SA, all three of which are better teams to be in the WCF than the Lakers...this Laker team is just not intimidating, yeah they got on a little shooting streak during the regular season...the Lakers with Shaq were intimidating, not with Gasol and Odom..sorry. Second string players surrounded by one dominant player does not make a championship team.

phyzik
05-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Im saying with a completely straight face... Spurs should win this in 6. We dont have the matchup problems like we did against the Hornets. In fact, Lakers are the ones with the matchup problems. I'll even give lakers a bone... Lets just say Pau somehow, after never before being able to do so, cancels out Duncan with his production. Thats a Wash. Kobe on Ginobilli during defense, Bowen on Kobe during lakers offense... wash. Oberto+Kurt vs Lamar.. the way he has played I give Lamar the edge here. So, it comes down to Fisher and Parker. No self-respecting analyst, or even a fan for that matter, can say that Fisher is going to keep up with Parker. Parker takes that matchup.

So basically, even giving the Lakers an outright lie that Pau can keep up with Duncan on both ends of the floor, It comes down to Lamar winning it for the Lakers or Parker winning it for the Spurs.

I will take Parker over Lamar in that bet any day of the week. Lakers are in trouble if they are betting on Lamar to win it for them.

So, I say again, with a completely straight face. Spurs in 6.

LakersDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry, it might seem like we're arrogant, but your Laker team only finished two games ahead of Phoenix and one game ahead of New Orleans and SA, all three of which are better teams to be in the WCF than the Lakers...this Laker team is just not intimidating, yeah they got on a little shooting streak during the regular season...the Lakers with Shaq were intimidating, not with Gasol and Odom..sorry. Second string players surrounded by one dominant player does not make a championship team.

Your team is a fake team with fake non-repeat titles. The Lakers are a true dynasty. They don't win championships by shooting some shots for only 50 games.

SpursDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:40 PM
And the only reason they're getting so much attention is because of their PAST, but the current group hasn't done anything. This is a 2nd round elimination team who just happened to escape the dogfight in the West to fakely get the #1 seed.

spurschick
05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
People only think Ginobili is good because he makes all his shots.

:dizzy I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement.

LakersDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
And the only reason they're getting so much attention is because of their PAST, but the current group hasn't done anything. This is a 2nd round elimination team who just happened to escape the dogfight in the West to fakely get the #1 seed.

Lakers in 5. Spurs win one game only because they'll get all their shots to go in. Anybody can do that.

LakersDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
:dizzy I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement.

Just because you shoot some shots doesn't mean you're good. Anybody can shoot some shots. If Ginobili didn't make all his shots, he wouldn't be overrated like he is.

Strike
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Your team is a fake team with fake non-repeat titles. The Lakers are a true dynasty. They don't win championships by shooting some shots for only 50 games.

50 games? I assume you're talking about the '99 season. :rolleyes

Much as I hate to re-hash it, I feel forced. How many games did the Lakers play in that season? 50

How many games did it take for the Spurs to bounce the Lakers out that year? 4.

LakersDynasty
05-21-2008, 02:46 PM
How many games did it take for the Spurs to bounce the Lakers out that year? 4.

The Lakers lost on purpose so that a fake trophy wouldn't taint their giant collection of trophies.

Budkin
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
As Sequ would say, "Spurs in 4."

Strike
05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
The Lakers lost on purpose so that a fake trophy wouldn't taint their giant collection of trophies.

:troll

So why did they even play?

gaKNOW!blee
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Just because you shoot some shots doesn't mean you're good. Anybody can shoot some shots. If Ginobili didn't make all his shots, he wouldn't be overrated like he is.

Do you understand how basketball works? The objective is to win the game. You win the game by having more points than the other team. You score points by having the ball go through the basketball. Thats the whole point.

Now if you could score points by the amount of times you rape women or throw your teammates under the bus, the Lakers would be an all time dynasty.

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
i got the spurs in 4 games

all of a sudden a influx of faker trolls to the board.....

Borosai
Spurs in 5 or 6 hands down

TampaDude

I like this guy...he makes me laugh... :lol

bonesinaz
05-21-2008, 02:56 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

spursfan09
05-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't even think Spurs or fans are underestimating the Lakers. They have the homecourt. Most experts are picking against us. We just finished a game 7 and slept on a plane. Most knowledgable fans know the odds are against us have been since we went down 0-2 to NO. Besides all that I have alot of confidence in the Spurs to win this series

Sense
05-21-2008, 03:02 PM
LakersDynasty is either an embarrassment for hispanics...
Or he's just a 12 year old boy...

Sammy's Mom
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM

Ummm if Kobe didnt make all of his shots he wouldnt be as over-rated like he is. Couldnt this statement be said for any player. The reason players are such big deals is because they make the buckets.

OF COURSE SOMEONE WOULDNT BE A BIG DEAL IF THEY DIDNT MAKE THE SHOTS...IF THEY DIDNT MAKE SHOTS THEY WOULD BE PARGO.

SPURS IN SIX. :flag:

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
It seems far more likely that Lakers fans are underestimating the Spurs than that Spurs fans are underestimating the Lakers.

Saguaro
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
It seems far more likely that Lakers fans are underestimating the Spurs than that Spurs fans are underestimating the Lakers.

If the Spurs were any other team, I'd say Lakers in a sweep. But since the Spurs won some championships while the Lakers were rebuilding, I say Lakers in 5. That's respect right there.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 03:25 PM
If the Spurs were any other team, I'd say Lakers in a sweep. But since the Spurs won some championships while the Lakers were rebuilding, I say Lakers in 5. That's respect right there.

:lmao :lmao Thanks for being so generous.

JustSpurs
05-21-2008, 03:26 PM

That's brilliant!

brettn
05-21-2008, 03:29 PM

You're an idiot.

ShowtimeRedux
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Well this thread really got dumbed up...

manufor3
05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
There will be no surprises here. The Spurs are a fake team. People only think Ginobili is good because he makes all his shots.

The Spurs will shoot some shots but the Lakers will win the series. Just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

wow, whatever happened to the real trolls?

Sense
05-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Well this thread really got dumbed up...

Yes it did... as you typed the first word..

ShowtimeRedux
05-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Yes it did... as you typed the first word..

how mature

ducks
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
if kobe did not make his shots no one would think he would be overrated because he would be cut

Saguaro
05-29-2008, 12:05 PM
This guy knew what he was talking about. :lobt2::lmao

Los Spurs
05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Damn, you lakerfans are so sensitive.

Laker Fans=Drama Queens :dramaquee