PDA

View Full Version : B12 Tourney

MajorMike
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Mizzou beats UT in 10.

atm loses their 7th in a row to 8-seed uo, 4-1. uo's Doyle scatters 5 hits, never more than one an inning, and gives up only a HR for the complete game.

K-State Spur
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Baylor over UNL.

Cats take down the Captain Mikes. Hutt's the most underrated pitcher in this conference.

MajorMike
05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Baylor over UNL.

Cats take down the Captain Mikes. Hutt's the most underrated pitcher in this conference.

Wow, OSU can beat the hell out of the top teams but can't do junk against the crap teams (ttek, uo, KSU).

MajorMike
05-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Holy cow. The implosion in the cult of bryan continues - UT up 7-0 after 1 inning.

Ballcox
05-22-2008, 05:24 PM
10-0 Texas leads, just an update on how the Horns are about to win their 4th in a row over worthless aggs.

Where is jgw now to go on about agg baseball? Funny how that guy doesn't say shit unless his team is winning. Typical fair weather fan, the rest of the agg fans on this board should be ashamed of his behavior. Not a true fan by any means. jgw=pathetic fair weather fan.:lol

MajorMike
05-22-2008, 05:49 PM
12-0 now in the 5th. And the aggrots haven't even played the hottest team in the conf yet.

MajorMike
05-23-2008, 07:56 AM
So the gooners upset Mizzou, who would have most likely hosted a 1st round regional had they made it to the champ game unbeaten. They still have a chance at getting to the champ game if they beat atm and UT beats uo. That would put 3 teams at 2-1 and the tie goes to the higher seed - Mizzou. If uo wins they are in and if UT beats uo and Mizzou loses, UT is in.

atm has played themselves out of a national seed. Whereas they will likely still host a 1st round regional, they will not get a home super regional unless the host on the other side loses. At this point, looks like Rice again, or possibly LSU.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Where is jgw now to go on about agg baseball? Funny how that guy doesn't say shit unless his team is winning. Typical fair weather fan, the rest of the agg fans on this board should be ashamed of his behavior. Not a true fan by any means. jgw=pathetic fair weather fan.:lol

he's a cunt

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Whereas they will likely still host a 1st round regional, they will not get a home super regional

this is one of the best meltdowns I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

RonMexico
05-23-2008, 09:20 AM
They're playing like major ass. At least I get to continue to cheer for Arizona State as I have my whole life.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2008, 09:34 AM
They're playing like major ass. At least I get to continue to cheer for Arizona State as I have my whole life.

Simply, they weren't as good as their 16 game winning streak and conversely, they're not as bad as this current 9 game slide..

But they're running out of time to fix whatever the problem is.

RonMexico
05-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, yeah - this is the worst time of the year to be imploding and it's disappointing because I was looking to drive up to B/CS if they hosted a Super Regional.

MajorMike
05-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Here are the scenarios:

Pod 1
If uo beats UT, they are in.
If UT beats uo and atm beats Mizzou, UT is in.
If UT beats uo and Mizzou beats atm, Mizzou is in.

Pod 2
If either KSU or BU win out, they are in.
If Neb wins out and KSU beats BU, Neb is in.
If OSU wins out and BU beats KSU, OSU is in.
If KSU beats BU, loses to Neb and OSU wins out, KSU is in.

How silly is a KSU vs uo final going to look?

The winner of the OSU/Neb game will most likley be a national seed, regardless of any other outcomes in the B12.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
unbelievable...this is probably the biggest fall off i have ever seen. words cannot describe...not sure what Rob Childress is telling these guys, but it isn't working. it all goes back to that nebraska game they lost in the ninth, i'm telling ya...

MajorMike
05-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Neb beats KSU and OSU run-rules BU. All 4 teams in Pod 2 are 1-1.

Pod 1
If uo beats UT, they are in.
If UT beats uo and atm beats Mizzou, UT is in.
If UT beats uo and Mizzou beats atm, Mizzou is in.

Pod 2
If Neb wins out and KSU beats BU, Neb is in.
If OSU wins out and BU beats KSU, OSU is in.
If KSU beats BU and OSU beats Neb, KSU is in.
If BU beats KSU and Neb beats OSU, BU is in.

The winner of the OSU/Neb game today will almost assuredly be a national seed.

leemajors
05-24-2008, 01:01 PM
horns score three in the bottom of the 9th to beat OU.

MajorMike
05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow, uo COMPLETELY gagged that one up. A wild pitch to tie and next pitch single to win. All with 2 outs.

MajorMike
05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
lawl, atm breaks out of their slump long enough to win a game and therefore send UT to the championship game.

MajorMike
05-24-2008, 10:14 PM
OSU whoops Neb. Should be enough to make OSU a Nat'l Seed.

K-State Spur
05-24-2008, 11:47 PM
damn straight, don't sleep on the Cats.

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Texas - Big 12 Tourney Champs...

Big deal really...worthless tournament but nice to see Texas right the ship after playing really bad baseball for most of the year. Hopefully these young kids have grown up enough to stop making boneheaded errors in the field and on the bases. And Augie finally has a set rotation now.

For UT, anything less than Omaha is a failed season...so good luck from here on out boys.

MajorMike
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I wonder if you think that UT got screwed by winning the B12 and not getting a host site?

StylisticS
05-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Texas - Big 12 Tourney Champs...

Big deal really...worthless tournament but nice to see Texas right the ship after playing really bad baseball for most of the year. Hopefully these young kids have grown up enough to stop making boneheaded errors in the field and on the bases. And Augie finally has a set rotation now.

For UT, anything less than Omaha is a failed season...so good luck from here on out boys.

It is. But I'm really worried about the bullpen. It's obvious that the offense is now clicking and the starting pitching isn't bad. But giving up big leads is going to come back and bite Texas. That said, hope they can figure this out quickly so UT can have a chance at number 7.

K-State Spur
05-26-2008, 11:36 PM
who did the Sonny Golloway have to blow to get in to the field?

Sooners finish 8th in the conference with a .333 winning percentage with only a few truly impressive non-conference wins and they are 1 of the top 64? yeah, right...

MajorMike
05-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Wow; I think uo getting in over KSU and BU was even more of a suprise than OSU not getting a Natl Seed.

degenerate_gambler
05-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I wonder if you think that UT got screwed by winning the B12 and not getting a host site?

I'm a homer but a realist too. They didn't win the b12, they won the b12 tourney which is absolutely worthless. They screwed themselves by playing badly for 2/3 of the year. The regular season and/or conference record should be the determining factor in rewarding regional sites. UT didn't deserve one of those spots this year.

spursfor5
05-29-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm a homer but a realist too. They didn't win the b12, they won the b12 tourney which is absolutely worthless. They screwed themselves by playing badly for 2/3 of the year. The regular season and/or conference record should be the determining factor in rewarding regional sites. UT didn't deserve one of those spots this year.

I have to completely agree with this. UT played absolutely terrible for most of the year. There is no way they deserved to host. And this is coming from a huge UT fan.