PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, our vengeance begins...

Dex
05-21-2008, 02:59 PM
UGCBk5pDbwc

Tonight, we start to avenge .4.

Shaq has already had his serving, and I hope it was cold as a witches' tit.

Tonight, we stick it back to Kobe, Fisher, Phil, and the rest of the Lakers, and shove it right back down their throats.

Tonight is the first chance the Spurs have had for revenge, and I know .4 still burns in their minds. It should.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/spurs_loss.jpg

This is our best opportunity to vanquish this foe since Duncan drained the Forgotten Shot and Derek Fisher virtually ended 2004 for the Spurs.

http://www.dailynugget.com/images/fisher_miracle.jpg

Tonight, we not only will defend this title, but we will start to take back what was stolen from us in the past.

Tonight should be the night Spurs fans have been awaiting for years.

Tonight, we Remember.

WDhmndMhC4w&f

Tonight, we Avenge.

http://www.bballcity.com/images/2004/derek-fisher-med.jpg

Tonight is exactly why we all Believe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1030/nba_g_spurs_580.jpg

Go get 'em, boys. And don't let them forget.

Los Spurs
05-21-2008, 03:03 PM
:flag:

dbreiden83080
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh Fuck .4, Spurs put that behind them and won another 2 titles, i put that one behind me a long time ago.

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Timmy will have his revenge

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh Fuck .4, Spurs put that behind them and won another 2 titles, i put that one behind me a long time ago.

I haven't. :makemyday

Strike
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM

Neither have I.

rAm
05-21-2008, 03:14 PM
This series if of huge importance.

I am just glad it happened while Duncan still had ammo left in the proverbial chamber.

Dex
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Pretty much any Spurs fan who sat and watched .4 unfold, and watched that title slip away, can't be completely over that shot. I've been waiting for another chance at the Lakers ever since, they just haven't been in the hunt.

You ask Horry...or Ginobili...or Duncan if he's completely over .4 by now?

I know what answer my money would be riding on.

Time to make em' pay.

duncan228
05-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Duncan has used it as an example of why he tries to not get too high or too low about anything that happens on the court. One minute he hit his shot, the next the series was for all purposes over. He's said it's better for him to not go to either extreme and keep it in perspective. Anything can happen.

I would think he hasn't forgotten it.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
It's now or never. You're not going to beat the Lakers when Bynum returns.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 03:35 PM
It's now or never. You're probably not going to beat the Lakers if Bynum returns at full strength.

Fixed it for ya...

Viva Las Espuelas
05-21-2008, 03:39 PM
It's now or never. You're not going to beat the Lakers when Bynum returns.
you mean sam bowie III?

mardigan
05-21-2008, 03:41 PM

Me either. My hate for Fisher has done nothing but grow over the years.

nkdlunch
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
what is .4 and what does it have to do with the Spurs?

Strike
05-21-2008, 03:43 PM

:wow

I really hope that's sarcasm.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM

You're fucking with us, right??? :lol

rayray2k8
05-21-2008, 03:45 PM
There's really no way the spurs can actually avenge that series, unless we're playing the 2004 Lakers.
The spurs did redeem themselves in 2005 and San Antonio was able to defeat the piston team that the lakers couldnt beat, the year before.

So what is there to avenge?

MadDog73
05-21-2008, 03:50 PM
So many reasons to root for the Spurs:

Jackson gets 10 rings if he wins another Championship.

Kobe gets 4 rings.

Kobe gets Final's MVP.

... and of course, Derek Fischer.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Fixed it for ya...

Bynum is only 20 years old. If he recovers 100%, which everyone fully expects, and is able to deliver what he was before he went down the Lakers will be the best team in the league. I am extremely confident in saying that because I know exactly what he brought to the Lakers in terms of defense, rebounding, shotblocking.....all the areas we are weak in.

Now if he starts developing into half the player I think he'll be it's just game over for the rest of the league. Your talking about Kobe in his prime paired with one of the best centers in the west, with Gasol, with Odom, and a much improved bench. If the Lakers can contend now with the team they have........that should tell you all you need to know about how good they'll be when Bynum returns.

oligarchy
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s9/unozocalo/fisher18wo.gif

nkdlunch
05-21-2008, 03:55 PM
:wow

I really hope that's sarcasm.

I don't recall anything.

Last thing I remember of 2004 playoffs is Duncan scored that last second bucket. Weren't the playoffs shut down after that play for some reason?

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 04:01 PM
There's really no way the spurs can actually avenge that series, unless we're playing the 2004 Lakers.
The spurs did redeem themselves in 2005 and San Antonio was able to defeat the piston team that the lakers couldnt beat, the year before.

Good point...and while we're on that subject, there was no guarantee the Spurs would have beaten the Pistons in the 2004 Finals. It took them 7 games to do it in 2005, and they had a red hot Horry that year.

Dex
05-21-2008, 04:03 PM

Tim, Tony, Manu, Bruce, and Horry were all on the 04 Spurs team. They remember.

Kobe, Fisher, Walton, and Phil Jackson were all on that 04 Lakers team. They remember.

One city full of fans remembers jubilance. Another city remembers heartbreak.

I remember what side I was on when that happened. And I know for damn sure that I want to return that emotion in full.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't recall anything.

Last thing I remember of 2004 playoffs is Duncan scored that last second bucket. Weren't the playoffs shut down after that play for some reason?

Yeah...all Western Conference games were nullified by the NBA that year because of rampant game clock problems, and the Eastern Conference Champion (Pistons) were awarded the title by default...or at least it seemed that way...the Pistons didn't really appear to have an opponent in the Finals that year. :lol

dbreiden83080
05-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Pretty much any Spurs fan who sat and watched .4 unfold, and watched that title slip away, can't be completely over that shot. I've been waiting for another chance at the Lakers ever since, they just haven't been in the hunt.

I know what answer my money would be riding on.

Time to make em' pay.

The thing is we really didn't lose that series because of that shot. We played great at home in the first 2 games and then went to LA and played like shit for the next 2. We were losing that game 5 bad almost the whole game before we came storming back. What sucked bad about .4 was Timmy's epic shot, being wiped away by Fishers. But like i said they won the title the next year and for me that made it even sweeter, we put .4 behind us and won it all.

Strike
05-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah...all Western Conference games were nullified by the NBA that year because of rampant game clock problems, and the Eastern Conference Champion (Pistons) were awarded the title by default...or at least it seemed that way...the Pistons didn't really appear to have an opponent in the Finals that year. :lol

Did you copy the post of a Suns troll and change the names?

Eerily familiar to things I've read before from the likes of YourCheatinHeart, PrincessPimp, etc.

dbreiden83080
05-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Bynum is only 20 years old. If he recovers 100%, which everyone fully expects, and is able to deliver what he was before he went down the Lakers will be the best team in the league. I am extremely confident in saying that because I know exactly what he brought to the Lakers in terms of defense, rebounding, shotblocking.....all the areas we are weak in.

Now if he starts developing into half the player I think he'll be it's just game over for the rest of the league. Your talking about Kobe in his prime paired with one of the best centers in the west, with Gasol, with Odom, and a much improved bench. If the Lakers can contend now with the team they have........that should tell you all you need to know about how good they'll be when Bynum returns.

It is funny how some of these Laker fans are handing themselves a dynasty without even winning the first title yet.

Dex
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
The thing is we really didn't lose that series because of that shot. We played great at home in the first 2 games and then went to LA and played like shit for the next 2. We were losing that game 5 bad almost the whole game before we came storming back. What sucked bad about .4 was Timmy's epic shot, being wiped away by Fishers. But like i said they won the title the next year and for me that made it even sweeter, we put .4 behind us and won it all.

Yeah, but the momentum swing from going to LA up 3-2 on the tail of Duncan's shot, to going to LA facing elimination on the tail of a heartbreaking loss, was more than that '04 team could overcome.

Sure, there we no guarantees against the Pistons, or even the Wolves that year, but I don't think any Spur or Laker fan can deny that Derek Fisher's shot effectively turned that series around and put the Spurs in a hole they couldn't overcome. It virtually put that season to rest for the Spurs, and that's the only team I'm really concerned about.

This was the last chapter of legacy that is Spurs vs. Lakers. And as far as I'm concerned, Tim and the rest of the Spurs need to keep it in the back of their minds this whole series.

Nothing wrong with adding a little fuel to our fire.

(And if you want to know, I feel this way about the Mavericks, too. I don't like to see our team lose)

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Did you copy the post of a Suns troll and change the names?

Eerily familiar to things I've read before from the likes of YourCheatinHeart, PrincessPimp, etc.

Nope...all that came from my own brain...any resemblance to a old troll post is purely coincidental. :lol

td4mvp21
05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Duncan's shot really is the Forgotten Shot. I forgot he even made that until I watched the first video :wow

Spurs Brazil
05-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Make the Lakers cry again

GO SPURS GO

LakerHater
05-21-2008, 05:15 PM
FUCK .4!! :lmaohttp://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/mlib/694/05/694_1211396852.jpg:lmao

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I haven't forgotten it.

This is the time for direct vengeance! :makemyday

The best kinda vegeance would be for Duncan Manu or Parker to win a game 5 series with a three pointer in 0.3 seconds...lol

Actually with 0.3 they'd probably contest the shot. :lol

So maybe 0.5 seconds just so that they can't contest it by saying "that's not enough time"

TD=old&busted
05-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I haven't forgotten it.

This is the time for direct vengeance! :makemyday

The best kinda vegeance would be for Duncan Manu or Parker to win a game 5 series with a three pointer in 0.3 seconds...lol

Actually with 0.3 they'd probably contest the shot. :lol

So maybe 0.5 seconds just so that they can't contest it by saying "that's not enough time"

dont worry every game will be an end to end easy victory for the Lakers :downspin:

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 06:55 PM
dont worry every game will be an end to end easy victory for the Spurs :hat

QFT