PDA

View Full Version : Does the East Coast have a chance this year?

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Not to get too far ahead....but,

I've heard a lot of the anylists say that Boston or Detriot will be this years champs.

What do you think?

Allanon
05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Before I saw awful playoff games from both the Celtics and Pistons, I thought both had a good chance.

Now I think the winners of the WCF will be the eventual NBA Champs.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 03:08 PM
This year the four best teams are in the Conference Finals. That hasn't really happened for a while. Nothing from here on is an upset.

JamStone
05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Before I saw awful playoff games from both the Celtics and Pistons, I thought both had a good chance.

Now I think the winners of the WCF will be the eventual NBA Champs.

And the Spurs getting blown out three times, averaging 82 points and shooting 40% from the field against the Hornets reconfirmed your faith in the Western Conference?

Sense
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
And the Spurs getting blown out three times, averaging 82 points and shooting 40% from the field against the Hornets reconfirmed your faith in the Western Conference?

He's a Laker fan

By the way the Pistons and the Celtics have looked against the pretty weak East teams in the playoffs I've counted them out..

i.e. Pistons against Philly, they were almost done :P
Celtics against Hawks,Cavaliers both in 7? Are you serious?

I think the West takes it.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Up until last night, I would have said the Pistons had put on the most impressive playoff run by handling the Magic without Chauncey.

Now, unless Chauncey is fully healthy, they may have a very hard time getting past Boston.

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Yea, dumbass. you'd have a point if N.O. was an eastern team.

The point is that the west is where the talent is- hence the competition.

BTW we ended up winning that series. The Hornets would kick detroits ass worse than Boston did.

You sure have some big balls 0-1

I just wanted to ad I do like Detriot and hope they can face the spurs in the finals, you know, for old times sake.

Sense
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Yea, dumbass. you'd have a point if N.O. was an eastern team.

The point is that the west is where the talent is- hence the competition.

BTW we ended up winning that series. The Hornets would kick detroits ass worse than Boston did.

You sure have some big balls 0-1

I just wanted to ad I do like Detriot and hope they can face the spurs in the finals, you know, for old times sake.

Try not to diss people who have been in this board more than you...

He's trying to make a legit argument... not diss us

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Try not to diss people who have been in this board more than you...

He's trying to make a legit argument... not diss us

His agrument has no point. Sorry about the dumb ass part. All these trolls have me on the defensive.

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM

I would say no...it's more the Lakers averaging whatever they are averaging which is pretty good (sorry I don't have the numbers).

Sense
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
His agrument has no point. Sorry about the dumb ass part. All these trolls have me on the defensive.

Now that's understandable.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 03:47 PM

The Lakers have gone 8-2 and have not slipped up so far at all. The Lakers have not lost because of complacency or laziness, they were beat by a better Jazz team twice with HC. The Jazz are an excellent team.

The Spurs again were well matched against the Hornets. They didn't lose to an inferior opponent, they lost games to an equal opponent. That series could have gone either way...and not because the teams sucked, it's because they're both that good.

The Celtics on the other hand struggled with the HAWKS? How do you struggle with the Hawks and consider yourself the best team with a 67 win record? How old is the average Hawk Juggernaut player? Celtics should have swept the Hawks.

The Pistons had issues with Philly, the same Philly that traded away their franchise player and fired their GM. If I remember correctly, the Pistons even got blown out by Philly too. Pistons should have swept or beaten the 76'ers in 5 games.

Struggling against the Hawks and 76'ers isn't the same as struggling against the Hornets or Jazz.

nkdlunch
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Pistons stars played like bitches last night. They could beat Boston easily but they are lazy. that's right, they are lazy and if I was a Piston fan I would be pissed off. the only one who comes to play is Prince.

So I'm afraid it will be Boston undeservingly in the finals. Even sweeter when Spurs beat their ass at the Garden

JamStone
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Pistons played like ass last night. Boston is a very good team at home and Pistons just didn't have a good rhythm.

They beat the Magic in five, playing the last three games without Chauncey Billups and still winning the last two.

Against Philly, they actually had a double digit lead at halftime in game 1 and then imploded. They got blown out in game 3, Philly's first home game. Philly was one of the hottest teams in the NBA the last 30 games of the season.

I'm not saying the Pistons have looked like world beaters. Far from it. But, to criticize them for a couple bad performances and completely dismiss them as contenders is pretty ridiculous.

Lakers have been impressive. Though Denver wasn't much competition and Utah did push them to 6 games.

Spurs were blown out three separate times against New Orleans.

If you want to say Spurs and Lakers should win against either Boston or Detroit, that's fine. It's an opinion. I have a problem accepting Boston and Detroit being completely dismissed because of a few bad performances.

Spurs are the only team of the remaining 4 teams that were really tested in the first two rounds anyway. And, again, they were blown out three times in that series.

bdubya
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
If the Pistons or Celts play like shit in the Finals, they'll lose.

And I think that's the only real chance the West has; if both Finalists play at their best, the trophy comes east.

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I agree. I always root for a team such as the Pistons, vs. a group of individuals like the Celtics. I think your boys are going to be okay. They only have to win one in Boston. I wouldn't worry too much about game 1, they are experienced and resilliant and will make adjustments and bounce back.

But even though things have gotten much closer in the last few years, I still think the west has an advantage in general.

To me the Eastern confrence games look like they are in slow motion or something. But I am biased

Pistons played like ass last night. Boston is a very good team at home and Pistons just didn't have a good rhythm.

They beat the Magic in five, playing the last three games without Chauncey Billups and still winning the last two.

Against Philly, they actually had a double digit lead at halftime in game 1 and then imploded. They got blown out in game 3, Philly's first home game. Philly was one of the hottest teams in the NBA the last 30 games of the season.

I'm not saying the Pistons have looked like world beaters. Far from it. But, to criticize them for a couple bad performances and completely dismiss them as contenders is pretty ridiculous.

Lakers have been impressive. Though Denver wasn't much competition and Utah did push them to 6 games.

If you want to say Spurs and Lakers should win against either Boston or Detroit, that's fine. It's an opinion. I have a problem accepting Boston and Detroit being completely dismissed because of a few bad performances.

Spurs are the only team of the remaining 4 teams that were really tested in the first two rounds anyway. And, again, they were blown out three times in that series.

hater
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
If the Pistons or Celts play like shit in the Finals, they'll lose.

And I think that's the only real chance the West has; if both Finalists play at their best, the trophy comes east.

:lmao

thanks for the laughs

Allanon
05-21-2008, 04:57 PM

I was scared of the Celtics and rooting for the Pistons before these whole Playoffs happened. Now, I'm happy as hell the Celtics aren't invulnerable and I'm disappointed in the heart of the Pistons. It only seems like Prince is playing out there.

If they were just bad performances, that would be OK, but there seems to be more reason than just a bad night:
1) The Piston losses, they were just damn lazy. It's like they didn't care. There was that game where Sheed was screwing around in the Philly huddle with the game on the line. It's not so much about having a bad night, everybody has those....the hunger to step on an opponent's neck just doesn't seem to be there.
2) The Celtics going 7 games against a Hawk team is just plain inexcusable. Their play there pretty much bars them from winning the championship this year. They have serious road woes along with a "I'm not clutch" problem.

And add to that, what was that stinker of a game thrown in by the Pistons yesterday? They just don't seem to care.

austinlakepirate
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I dunno, I bet the Pistons wake up in game 2.

Good insight BTW

I was scared of the Celtics and rooting for the Pistons before these whole Playoffs happened. Now, I'm happy as hell the Celtics aren't invulnerable and I'm disappointed in the heart of the Pistons. It only seems like Prince is playing out there.

If they were just bad performances, that would be OK, but there seems to be more reason than just a bad night:
1) The Piston losses, they were just damn lazy. It's like they didn't care. There was that game where Sheed was screwing around in the Philly huddle with the game on the line. It's not so much about having a bad night, everybody has those....the hunger to step on an opponent's neck just doesn't seem to be there.
2) The Celtics going 7 games against a Hawk team is just plain inexcusable.

And add to that, what was that stinker of a game thrown in by the Pistons yesterday? They just don't seem to care.

Medvedenko
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
In my opinion regardless if the Lakers make it to the finals, they will lose to either Boston or Detroit.

The ring is in the East this year.