PDA

View Full Version : Tom Orsborn: Spurs say they're rested

Spurs Brazil
05-21-2008, 03:17 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/05/tom_orsborn_spu_4.html

Tom Orsborn: Spurs say they're rested
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — The Spurs continue to downplay the theory that their travel nightmare in New Orleans has zapped them of energy.

"They should be no more tired than if it was a regular-season game," coach Gregg Popovich said after a one-hour shootaround at Santa Monica High School. "We stayed on the plane — big deal. There are all kinds of things that go on in the season that you wish didn't, where you could be fresher. But we had all day yesterday to rest and all day today, so no excuses."

Still, Popovich said he is considering expanding his rotation to counter the ill-effects from Tuesday's bizarre travel day.

"That could happen," Popovich said of the possibility of expanding the rotation. "You try to win the game with whatever it takes. Use the seat of your pants, that's usually your best guide. If you make decisions ahead of time, they don't usually work."

The Spurs spent seven hours on a tarmac in New Orleans after their charter was found to have mechanical problems. The Spurs boarded a new plane that flew in from Minneapolis at 6:30 a.m. and arrived in Los Angeles a few hours later.

All told, they spent 11 hours inside a plane.

"I am a little tired, no secret," Manu Ginobili said. "But I would be tired even if we didn't have problems with the plane."

Ginobili said he got maybe 20 minutes of sleep while the plane sat on the tarmac.

"I watched movies, read, talked — everything you can do for seven hours," Ginobili said. "But I slept after we took off from New Orleans."

Princess Pimp
05-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Excuses...excuses Floppinobili!

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
I wonder what they talked about...

I always wondered that, If you think about it, this team is together for so long the course of the season, traveling on the road, practice, pregames, postgames, etc. Honestly don't they run of stuff to talk about? :lol

T Park
05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Its the stuff champions are made of.

Adversity it makes you stronger, and it makes you pull together.

Damn its becoming a feel good story. Very St Louis Cardinals 2006 esque.

jmard5
Excuses...excuses Floppinobili!

:fishing

ShoogarBear

Feelings, relationships . . . stuff like that probably.

Saguaro
05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
They talked about their vacation plans once they lose the series.

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2008, 03:25 PM

I always wondered that, If you think about it, this team is together for so long the course of the season, traveling on the road, practice, pregames, postgames, etc. Honestly don't they run of stuff to talk about? :lol

Jeez, these guys are all pro athletes. One guy starts a "good pussy I have had" story and they can talk all night...

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Jeez, these guys are all pro athletes. One guy starts a "good pussy I have had" story and they can talk all night...

:lol, you all make me laugh!!! :lol

In addition to talking, eating, reading, Manu was blogging as well.......

So the Spurs practiced at Samho eh??? I practically work right around the corner from the HS. I wonder if they're bedding down at the Doubletree which is right next to Samho? I have some friends that work in the office building directly across from the hotel........

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 03:35 PM
LOL real adversity there being stuck on a plane for a few hours.

Maybe the Spurs should stop being so damn cheap and pay the money for a decent airline, not one that is going out of business.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Feelings, relationships . . . stuff like that probably.

Darn, I should have planted a secret recorder/camera on that plane!

ShowtimeRedux
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Of course they're gonna say they are rested, who in their right mind would say "We're fucking tired and want no part of the game today!" even if they did feel that way...

MadDog73
05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I read they were playing computer games....

reminded me of the 1999 Spurs playing Starcraft in between sweeps.

Sense
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM

Maybe the Spurs should stop being so damn cheap and pay the money for a decent airline, not one that is going out of business.

They've used that airline before...I guess they don't want to change anything they've done in past championship years.. which is understandable... CA sure fits the team as far as the name goes though.

xtremesteven33
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
i can already see this "plane delay" chapter on the spurs 2008 championship DVD....YES!!

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM

Hey dumbfuck...Lakers fly Champion too...The NBA set it up and 14 teams use them.

pawe
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I wonder how it sounds like in that plane with accents and chitchats. Im sure TP is the most talkative of them all.

mytespurs
05-21-2008, 04:29 PM
That's why you gotta love & admire Pop-no excuses and no iintellectual whining......:)

easjer
05-21-2008, 04:36 PM

I expect the same that goes on in any relationship where you've known someone for awhile - talk about new things you are doing (books, movies, games, articles), new things with your family (especially when you have kids and especially when kids are the same age), how the game went, what you are planning for the upcoming game, etc. Bring up the past, and if all else fails, bring up politics, religion or sex.