PDA

View Full Version : Do Mavs fans miss Devin Harris?

Red Hawk #21
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I was just wondering what you guys feel about Devin now that he's in NJ, imo that kid was a stud and it was a huge mistake trading him. I think if you guys still had Devin with the new coach Rick Carlislie and you found a way to get a good young Sg (C.J.Miles??) you would have been very close to the championship. But I don't know, do you guys miss Devin or do you think Kidd is better than him? Be honest. :king. And here are two mixes of Devin
#1 When he was still in Dallas- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9_IGn09Ax0
#2 Now that hes in New Jersey- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSpmKduFS-4

stretch
05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
yea, it was hard to get rid of him. either way, we would have had to have made changes if we still had Harris here, just like we still have to make some changes with Kidd being here. fact is, Avery was the biggest problem of all, and we didnt realize how much of a problem he really was until the end of the year.

dickface
05-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Red Hawk #21 = The Nba Is Rigged

SpursDynasty
05-21-2008, 03:30 PM
There really wasn't a problem with any of the Mavs or Avery Johnson....the Mavericks were never considered championship contenders nor were they ever favored to win the championships. There are 30 NBA teams and only 1 gets a championship, yet coaches lose their jobs every year just because they weren't the 1 team to get it, it's stupid...like I said, the Mavericks are just filling their role in the NBA.....get a couple of lucky shots, get 60 wins, then lose to superior team in the playoffs.

Red Hawk #21
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM
yea, it was hard to get rid of him. either way, we would have had to have made changes if we still had Harris here, just like we still have to make some changes with Kidd being here. fact is, Avery was the biggest problem of all, and we didnt realize how much of a problem he really was until the end of the year.

Imo though the changes you need to make with Kidd are very tough, first off you need to change the whole outlook of your team, you need scorers all over the floor to make up for his lack of scoring, you need athletes, you need a back up Pg to take over for him when he retires and I heard he acts kind of "pricky" supposedly while I've heard Devin and Diop were very very cool guys to talk too. I don't know though because I haven't seen to many Mavs games this year but from the Mavs games I've seen I think Devin was a stud and under your new coach Carlislie and with a Sg the team would have blossomed. Just my two cents

xtremesteven33
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Mavericks had thier chances in 2006 AND 2007.....they blew it big time with bad coaching and masterful choke jobs...i feel sorry for Dirk, classy guy. but i dont feel sorry for JT, JS, or Dampier

Findog
05-21-2008, 03:45 PM
The existence of every Mavs fan:

:bang:bang:bang:bang

stretch
05-21-2008, 04:34 PM
There really wasn't a problem with any of the Mavs or Avery Johnson....the Mavericks were never considered championship contenders nor were they ever favored to win the championships. There are 30 NBA teams and only 1 gets a championship, yet coaches lose their jobs every year just because they weren't the 1 team to get it, it's stupid...like I said, the Mavericks are just filling their role in the NBA.....get a couple of lucky shots, get 60 wins, then lose to superior team in the playoffs.

Hey Jeff. How have those JDB gigs been going?

hive_attack
05-21-2008, 06:49 PM
The mavs were closer with Harris but they sucked both ways. Chris Paul got you in 5. :lol

JoeTait75
05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
The mavs were closer with Harris but they sucked both ways. Chris Paul got you in 5. :lol

Only two months till Saints training camp starts! Guess you've got to pass the time somehow, huh?

Fillmoe
05-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Only two months till Saints training camp starts! Guess you've got to pass the time somehow, huh?

Says the Cleveland Cavaliers fan.

JoeTait75
05-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Says the Cleveland Cavaliers fan.

Yeah, but I knew we had a team before this March.

Nice avatar.

dallaskd
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM

:bang

I thought you left.

Roxsfan
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
mavs officially are going to suck balls for a couple of years, and then they will just be average for a couple of years and then cuban will sell them to Oprah.

mavs>spurs2
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Hell yea I miss Devin Harris. At first I wasn't sure what to make of the trade, I didn't necessarily like it but didn't say too much. By the end of the year it was looking more obvious that it was a horrible mistake..I know people say the true test will be next year. But I just don't see how Kidd will be a good fit for this team now or ever. Maybe I'm totally wrong, and they have a huge makeover in store, but as of now I'm not getting my hopes up.

JMarkJohns
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
The thing I never got was why they felt the need to make the trade. Most every player of their core group is in their prime or just reaching their prime. They had another three or four seasons of high level play so long as they resigned Diop and used their draft picks well. With Cuban, you know they were going to add veteran talent every offseason via the MLE. They didn't have to make this. The Suns door was closing. The Mavs wasn't. Maybe on Terry, Stackhouse and Dampier, but Terry and Dampier could have been quality subs, and if Harris had been developed a little better, he could of claimed Terry's role quite nicely. Throw in the surprise in Bass and one or two quality 1st-round selections could have really taken them far.