PDA

View Full Version : Hook Mitchell

mavs>spurs2
05-21-2008, 03:48 PM
www.hookmitchell.com

Just finished watching a documentary on Demetrius "Hook" Mitchell, the story of a extremely talented man who never made it to the NBA because of his drug addiction. He's grew up with several NBA stars such as Antonio Davis, Brian Shaw, and Gary Payton. Payton is quoted as saying "He's the best player to never make it to the NBA. He was actually better than me." I had never heard anything about this guy until yesterday and was wondering if anyone else ever heard of this guy or knows anything else about him? It comes on every now and then on the Documentary channel, it's a good watch if you have time.

Red Hawk #21
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
www.hookmitchell.com

Just finished watching a documentary on Demetrius "Hook" Mitchell, the story of a extremely talented man who never made it to the NBA because of his drug addiction. He's grew up with several NBA stars such as Antonio Davis, Brian Shaw, and Gary Payton. Payton is quoted as saying "He's the best player to never make it to the NBA. He was actually better than me." I had never heard anything about this guy until yesterday and was wondering if anyone else ever heard of this guy or knows anything else about him? It comes on every now and then on the Documentary channel, it's a good watch if you have time.

I think i remember Baron Davis(?) talking about this guy also, Baron said he was better than him, Jason Kidd, and Gary payton. BD said Hook was one of the best players ever in the Bay area

PacerFan
05-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Sounds a lot like Earl Manigault. I suggest you check out the movie Rebound. In the intros Kareem Abdul Jabbar said, at the end of his career, the Goat was his toughest competition.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
No doubt he had the skills to be a hall of famer easily. It's a shame that sometimes people don't realize what drugs can actually do to your future.

jbspurs
05-22-2008, 12:25 AM
www.hookmitchell.com

I think he's still behind bars. I remember, he robbed a store during the allstar weekend here in Oakland. Shaw invited him to join the dunk fest, he showed up high on drugs ended up not making a single dunk. Dude got talent just didn't have the right mind!

Fillmoe
05-22-2008, 01:25 AM
He was released a few years back.