PDA

View Full Version : How can a team what has won championships

ATXSPUR
05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
be so damn stupid? Everytime they get a big lead this happens. And yet they seem to let it keep happening every time. Taking a quiet kobe for granted...what the fuck spurs? You know they were gonna heat up. And manu? He is a worthless piece of shit this game! Get him the fuck out of there!

TDfan2007
05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
The 03 team choked away games in the 2nd half very frequently and we still won the championship. THis team is extremely mentally tough OVER THE COURSE OF A SERIES and that's not going to change. THey know that nobody showed up but Tim and Bruce, but we still almost won. Move onto the next game.

mexicanjunior
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
The 03 team choked away games in the 2nd half very frequently and we still won the championship. THis team is extremely mentally tough OVER THE COURSE OF A SERIES and that's not going to change. THey know that nobody showed up but Tim and Bruce, but we still almost won. Move onto the next game.

I can't see Fisher and Odom playing this poorly in the next game, this was our chance to take control of the series and we blew it...

TDfan2007
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I can't see Fisher and Odom playing this poorly in the next game, this was our chance to take control of the series and we blew it...

I can see it halfway...it's Odom. Fisher won't ever play that poorly again though. But when nobody but Tim plays competent ball in the 2nd half it's hard to win a game.

TampaDude
05-21-2008, 11:33 PM

+1 This was the Spurs' best chance to steal homecourt...they caught the Lakers on a slow night and could have won by double digits and had all the momentum in this series, but that's all gone now...all of it...the Lakers have all the momentum now and the Spurs are in deep, deep shit...anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves...the Lakers are only going to get stronger as the series goes on...that might have been the season tonight...seriously.

ATXSPUR
05-21-2008, 11:37 PM
+1 This was the Spurs' best chance to steal homecourt...they caught the Lakers on a slow night and could have won by double digits and had all the momentum in this series, but that's all gone now...all of it...the Lakers have all the momentum now and the Spurs are in deep, deep shit...anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves...the Lakers are only going to get stronger as the series goes on...that might have been the season tonight...seriously.

exactly! I think the Spurs would be fortunate to have a 2-2 split after 4. not a good start.

SenorSpur
05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
be so damn stupid? Everytime they get a big lead this happens. And yet they seem to let it keep happening every time.

Beats the hell outta me. You would think they would've cured their 3rd quarter blues after that stunning Game 7 in New Orleans. Only to come back and lay another 3rd quarter egg by giving up a 20-point lead the the Fakers.

Absolute pathetic performance by everyone during that quarter. Players, coaches, you name it. Even with this stupid loss, they can and should get Game 2.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 01:02 AM
This was the same lapse as in the NO series, only they didn't have it happen till the mid 3rd Q

Budkin
05-22-2008, 01:04 AM

No fucking way. This team is too strong mentally to let that happen.

Phil Hellmuth
05-22-2008, 01:05 AM
aberration /ab·er·ra·tion/

1. deviation from the normal or usual.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 01:07 AM

It wasn't an aberration, when the Lakers run happened. Did you say to yourself "WTF is going on" or did you say "Here we go again with this bullshit"

Princess Pimp
05-22-2008, 01:07 AM

Reminiscent of the Lakers-Spurs old rivalry of 2000, 2001 and 2003.

Dominating the Lakers in the playoffs for the first 3 quarters only to get their hearts ripped out of their chest in the 4th.

Same old Spurs!!

Some things never change!

aka_USAPA
05-22-2008, 01:08 AM
At some point, the Spurs fans will realize this is not the Hornets. Coming to this site though, I've gotten a lot of respect for Spurs fans. Most of them are on the level, know what championship basketball is all about, and know the game.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Reminiscent of the Lakers-Spurs old rivalry of 2000, 2001 and 2003.

Dominating the Lakers in the playoffs for the first 3 quarters only to get their hearts ripped out of their chest in the 4th.

Same old Spurs!!

Some things never change!

cept in 03`

ShoogarBear
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
It wasn't an aberration, when the Lakers run happened. Did you say to yourself "WTF is going on" or did you say "Here we go again with this bullshit"

:lol

DazedAndConfused
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
I really hope the Spurs continue to discredit the Lakers like their fans are.

Honestly when was the last time the Spurs blew a 20pt lead in the WCF? That is unheard of.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2008, 01:14 AM
When was the last time the Rockets made the second round?

mytespurs
05-22-2008, 01:14 AM

Can't argue with that assesment.................

DudleyDawson
05-22-2008, 01:23 AM
be so damn stupid? Everytime they get a big lead this happens. And yet they seem to let it keep happening every time. Taking a quiet kobe for granted...what the fuck spurs? You know they were gonna heat up. And manu? He is a worthless piece of shit this game! Get him the fuck out of there!

well said. It seems like they get big leads just so they can rest up for a while until the other team comes back. You would think with all their "championship experience" that they'd maybe learn from this garbage after all these years but they never do. Shit, you could've fooled me that those guys on the floor wearing black jerseys were the defending champs because they looked absolutely horrified out there once the ball started picking up momentum for the lakers.

PwrGetter
05-22-2008, 01:31 AM
This was a huge missed oppurtunity by the Spurs. Lakers do have much more momentum now, but I still wont count you guys out. The Spurs are by far the most mentally tough team in the league. The 2nd round proves this point. But then again, I'm confident the Lakers won't be so rusty from the start of the game.

The series is still young...

MambaJuice2408
05-22-2008, 03:28 AM
Best part of this game was how Kobe willed his team to victory and we needed it. All the first timers on the team have never gotten this far and the Spurs made it show. Had we not won tonight Game 2 woulda been really hard to win. Thanks to Kobe we have a win under our belt and our team now believes cuz Kobe has made them believe when they were doubting themselves prolly when down 20. There comes a time when mental toughness won't get you through. Lakers are they younger, faster, more explosive team. Actually when your the younger and better team as the Lakers are you can afford to take quarters off because theyre good even when theyre not at their peak.

Meanwhile the Spurs on the other hand or very old and have to work like hell for everything they get most the time. I just don't think its fair that the Lakers can toy with these guys like that but the time has come for the Spurs.

Man of Steel
05-22-2008, 04:04 AM
We've gotten our asses chewed up before--go take a look at the Detroit series in the NBA Finals.

Its a different feeling when you lose a big lead. Got to give the Lakers credit for that. But they had a bunch of factors working in their favor as well. THe Lakers should be concerned that we were beating the fucking shit out of them for a little more than half a game. We have to be concerned that we let this one get away and played like dogshit in the second half while Kobe demonstrated his worth as the MVP this year.

I still say--even with all of these factors--we were still in it with the last 20 seconds--and the Lakers escaped with their lives on their own home court.

Spurs in five.

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2008, 04:27 AM
...they looked absolutely horrified out there once the ball started picking up momentum for the lakers.

Because the Spurs have had this done to them before. They were hearing footsteps. Laker footsteps.

This is what makes this game one the most disappointing Spurs losses ever. I can't get over that NOT ONE Spur was able to step it and score a basket for 6 and half minutes.

After all we've been through with the Lakers. Nobody was able to say "fuck it" and will the Spurs to victory. We played scared. Choked. Again.

johngateswhiteley
05-22-2008, 04:31 AM

you can't use big words with lakers or most spurs fans...even when you define it.

J.T.
05-22-2008, 04:36 AM
I really hope the Spurs continue to discredit the Lakers like their fans are.

Honestly when was the last time the Spurs blew a 20pt lead in the WCF? That is unheard of.

Because "defensive stopper" Sasha "Overrated" Vujacic won't "hold" Manu to 23% shooting ever again in this series or his career. Get over yourself. Manu had a bad night and this scrub bitch Vujacic is getting all the credit. Laughable. Lakerfan needs to realize that you could've subbed any armchair BBall coach on this board with Sasha tonight and Manu still would have shot like crap. It was poor shot selection and lack of aggressiveness.

Sasha is not some kind of X factor player where you're like Oh Shit Why Didn't We Prepare For This Guy. His nuts will shrink back to blueberries in the next game and be exposed for the little bitch he is. If not we always have Robert Horry to hip check his overrated ass into the scorer's table. I'm sure you'll be right there to post the video on youtube and bitch and moan that the league didn't do anything, either.

PwrGetter
05-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Because "defensive stopper" Sasha "Overrated" Vujacic won't "hold" Manu to 23% shooting ever again in this series or his career. Get over yourself. Manu had a bad night and this scrub bitch Vujacic is getting all the credit. Laughable. Lakerfan needs to realize that you could've subbed any armchair BBall coach on this board with Sasha tonight and Manu still would have shot like crap. It was poor shot selection and lack of aggressiveness.

Sasha is not some kind of X factor player where you're like Oh Shit Why Didn't We Prepare For This Guy. His nuts will shrink back to blueberries in the next game and be exposed for the little bitch he is. If not we always have Robert Horry to hip check his overrated ass into the scorer's table. I'm sure you'll be right there to post the video on youtube and bitch and moan that the league didn't do anything, either.

lol wow, what a fuckin cry baby post, seriously. Laker fans tend to over react on losses on the laker boards, but this is just bad.... jesus.