PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash could've have stopped Manu tonight

baseline bum
05-21-2008, 10:48 PM
That was Ray Allenesque
That was like a Richard Simmons bend-over
That was like George Bush versus any random series of terrorists.
That was G-I-N-O-B-I-L-I !

:dizzy

Nikos
05-21-2008, 10:50 PM
This loss is on Manu.

TMTTRIO
05-21-2008, 10:51 PM
totally agree. I think he needs to go back to the bench. Manu really hasn't had a great series yet in the playoffs. I'm still waiting for him to come through.

1Parker1
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
:lmao @ the thread title.

This blows. Spurs with a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter on the road and they blow it. This was a team chokejob. Though Ginobili did not help the cause, neither did Parker or anyone else in the 2nd half.

Dingle Barry
05-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Manu looked and played like he was on chemotherapy tonight.

No offense to those on chemotherapy.

Beno Udrih
05-21-2008, 10:55 PM
The wind could have stopped manu tonight.

SpursChampsIII
Agree--Manu played like a pussy. Pop gets some credit too...the whole game changed when he took Bowen out with the 3rd foul...HE DIDN'T NEED TO COME OUT THEN...WE HAD THEM ON THE ROPES. As well as he coached Game 7 of the last series, he fucked this game away. Tough to GIVE a game away.

Ginofan
I think he could've played a lot worse. He shot the same shooting percentage as TP, but yeah he had 4 TOs....but that's freakin' Manu. The Spurs are expecting Manu to save them in the 4th like always, and you just can't do that...it's what we have Tim for, it's what we have Tony for...we need a collective team effort out there and it just wasn't tonight. With Manu you HAVE to take the bad with the good...you just have to. Unfortunately tonight was the bad part...it'll be better next game.

It'll be fine, no need to get all riled up.

baseline bum
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I think he could've played a lot worse. He shot the same shooting percentage as TP, but yeah he had 4 TOs....but that's freakin' Manu. The Spurs are expecting Manu to save them in the 4th like always, and you just can't do that...it's what we have Tim for, it's what we have Tony for...we need a collective team effort out there and it just wasn't tonight. With Manu you HAVE to take the bad with the good...you just have to. Unfortunately tonight was the bad part...it'll be better next game.

It'll be fine, no need to get all riled up.

You think so? Did you watch the game tonight? Manu could go take a shit at center court and then hit the showers in game 2 and have a more positive impact.

sribb43
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
this thread title is an instant classic :lmao

timvp
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Manu was fvcking horrible. This was the worst playoff game he's ever played. He got lit up by nobodies defensively and sucked offensively.

He literally couldn't have played worse.

T Park
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Dissapointing, but not totally unexpected.

timvp
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh and 7-for-17 != 3-for-13

Nikos
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Bullshit. Bowen's D was fucking PERFECT on Kobe. As good as anyone could ever guard him.

Duncan was on fire. Parker was solid. Had a 20 point lead. What more could you ask for? I doubt the Spurs EVER get a 20pt lead on this team again, even at home.

This was a huge chokejob. But if Manu just played mediocre and not turned the ball over and hit maybe one open 3 point look -- the Spurs win this.

Now the Lakers have a ton of confidence. Even if they don't, the Spurs will sure give them reason to be with choke jobs like this.

What more can you ask when you have a 20 point lead in the middle of the third?

Ginofan
05-21-2008, 11:07 PM
You think so? Did you watch the game tonight? Manu could go take a shit at center court and then hit the showers in game 2 and have a more positive impact.

:lol wow.

Of course I watched the game. He had a bad one, whoopty doo, he's not the only one who's had one. We'll just have to get the next one.:(

timvp
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
The thing that is scary is this is the second time this season where the Spurs lose just because Manu was horrible. If Barry played Manu's minutes this game, the Spurs win.

MannyIsGod
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I can't blame this on Manu. I agree Manu played about as bad as he could have, but really Tim and Tony both played scared at the end of the game.

Kobe took the shots he needed to at the end of the game. Who took shots for us? Udoka and Finely. Give me a break. This was a massive massive massive choke job for the Spurs.

Nikos
05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
The thing that is scary is this is the second time this season where the Spurs lose just because Manu was horrible. If Barry played Manu's minutes this game, the Spurs win.

100% agreed. If Manu didn't play tonight, the Spurs hold and win this game. Even with Bowen going to the bench and Kobe going off.....

ShoogarBear
The badness actually started on the defensive end, when he started out the game turning Radmanovic into Larry Bird. Then it progressed to his offense.

MannyIsGod
Man, from top to bottom that 2nd half was something I expected out of a Spurs team in the late 90s. It was just an utter collapse. Just HORRIBLE.

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
:lol wow baseline bum your bringing the heat tonight... thats some funny shit

:lmao

wow

mexicanjunior
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Manu was horrendous and this was the kind of game that kills confidence, ask the Suns...Finley, Barry and Udoka were not much better from the 3 point line, so that pretty much spells a loss every time. If the Spurs cannot make a decent 3 pt percentage with wide open looks, they will be lucky to win a game this series...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I can't blame this on Manu. I agree Manu played about as bad as he could have, but really Tim and Tony both played scared at the end of the game.

Kobe took the shots he needed to at the end of the game. Who took shots for us? Udoka and Finely. Give me a break. This was a massive massive massive choke job for the Spurs.

The whole team kinda just gave up at the end. No one wanted to shoot it, blew 3 offensive opportunities....

All in all it's one game. Manu will be back on Friday.

mystargtr34
Like timvp said... this would have to rate as his worst performance of his career... in a playoff game... the numbers dont even do justice to how bad he was... on defense he was just atrocious...

Unbelieveable

timvp
The badness actually started on the defensive end, when he started out the game turning Radmanovic into Larry Bird. Then it progressed to his offense.Exactly. Radmanovic scores his career quarter in the first half with Ginobili on him. Then Vujacic takes his turn lighting him up. Manu's best defense came against Kobe, oddly enough.

Ginobili's poor offense I can live with. Playing like the worst defensive player on the planet is what is more frustrating.

mystargtr34
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
And what the fuck was up with Udoka jacking up two airballs when we werre down 4 with about 2 minutes to go

ecksodia
So many if's... The Spurs will be fine regardless, but stop with the if's. We lost.

1Parker1
The badness actually started on the defensive end, when he started out the game turning Radmanovic into Larry Bird. Then it progressed to his offense.

Yup, every single guy Ginobili defended tonight went off. Radmanovic, Vuijic, Odom, and Kobe.

Ginobili is going to have a tough time this series I think. The Lakers length seems to bother him.

SPARKY
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
He's fighting something, but damn, he was bad tonight.

timvp
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
I can't blame this on Manu. I agree Manu played about as bad as he could have, but really Tim and Tony both played scared at the end of the game.The thing is though if Manu doesn't play the Spurs are probably up 30 instead of 20. And then he wouldn't be out there throwing outlet passes to the Lakers to start their fast break.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Yup, every single guy Ginobili defended tonight went off. Radmanovic, Vuijic, Odom, and Kobe.

Ginobili is going to have a tough time this series I think. The Lakers length seems to bother him.

It definitely will if he's not standing anywhere near his man on defense.

bobbyjoe
05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
It's on Tony Parker and Tim Duncan to win this series for the Spurs.

Many who haven't watched the Lakers don't realize that Sasha Vujajic is almost the ideal player to guard Ginobili. Good athlete, quick, and incredibly feisty and competitive. He will match Ginobili's energy and takes pride in his D. Kobe's also a great defender and will be on Manu extensively this series.

And when Ginobili does get by one of these 2 he has to contend with the length and shotblocking ability of Odom and Gasol. Add in that Phil Jackson's plan is to not double team Duncan (see tonight where Duncan went off for 30 but the team was held to 85) and Manu will be open less frequently for his killer 3's than he was against the Hornets.

He had a great matchup against the Hornets and Suns (weak ass interior D) but doesnt have one here...

SouthernFried
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Everyone who watches the Spurs should know Manu is not 100%. If you don't know that, your a fucking idiot.

Yeah, he sucked tonite. Turned the ball over in critical situations. He can't do what he can do when he's 100%. So...Limit his fucking role to what he CAN do at 80%. Shooting the 3's, and only occassional penetrations. He can't finish right now, and everyone knows it. Parker and TIM should be the go to guys at end of games...NOT Manu...not right now.

So, POP...are you listening? And do you morons jumping all over MANU have a fucking clue?

And one more thing POP....WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE BOWEN OUT DURING LA's BIGGEST KOBE RUN OF THE NIGHT???

And one other thing POP...BARRY MISSES ONE DRIVING HOOK AND HE'S BENCHED THE WHOLE GAME. EVERYONE ON THE LAKERS SCORES ON FINLEY AND FIN CAN'T SHOOT IT IN THE OCEAN...AND YOU LEAVE HIM IN???

Coaches should be able to see what everyone watching TV in the country can.

Pop can be awesome...he can also be...uh, not so awesome.

MARTINnba
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM

ohh god give me a break,
you people are world 's most hysterical fans ,buy a life , or try to find
girlfriend

and learn a little basketball, please

why you dont trade Manu ????(remember at the las game he was a top scorer of the spurs this year).

Das Texan
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I could have stopped Manu tonight, thats how bad he was.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM

I was saying this constantly during the Lakers run. Ginobili did absolutely nothing NOTHING NOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHIIIIINNNG positive for this team in the second half. No doubt in my heart that if Barry was there for those second half minutes we end up winning because he would have hit at least one or two shots during the run.

sassystriker
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Manu will be back on Friday.

MannyIsGod
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Maybe moving Manu to the bench is an option?

SPARKY
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Pop's moved up Udoka in the rotation but man, he has Barry on that bench. In a short turnaround game like tonight Barry should've gotten a little more PT.

1Parker1

That's even worse I think. Lakers have a deep bench. Generally when Pop moves Ginobili to the bench, its' a benefit to the Spurs as Ginobili is about >>>> than any other bench player in the league. Lakers have decent players who can still match up well with him, so I dont think its going to make much of a difference.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
ohh god give me a break,
you people are world 's most hysterical fans ,buy a life , or try to find
girlfriend

and learn a little basketball, please

why you dont trade Manu ????(remember at the las game he was a top scorer of the spurs this year).

eh, get used to it. It's easy to lose perspective on the forum. After game 1 and 2 of New Orleans people wanted to Trade Timmy. :lol

ducks
05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
he looked tired before the game started

all_heart
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Manu did play like shit tonight, but he will be better on Friday... Maybe Finley needs to start cause he couldn't buy a basket tonight. Barry should have gotten Finleys minutes.. I know he would have eventually hit one but there was no time for that in the 4th. It should have been all Duncan in the 4th taking his time on the block!!!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis

I don't think that's the answer. I just think he needs to alternate sleep and therapy for whatever is ailing him from now til Friday afternoon.

Spurs3000
Here's a few facts:

1) When a team pisses away a 20pt lead, it's ALWAYS mainly on the coach.

2) As someone said, Manu is not 100%. You can see it in everything he does. He's slow, he gets no elevation, and when he drives to the hoop, he's pretty much expecting a block every time. That's why he's started to throw those wild emergency passes back to the 3pt line that often get intercepted.

What worries me is that Manu seems to have forgotten how to shoot a pull-up J. In his current condition, that would save him a lot of times when he drives. Now he just picks up the ball and goes all the way even though he KNOWS he can't finish.

3) Duncan played great for most of the game. Unfortunately, when the game was on the line, he reverted back to his worst New Orleans form. Forcing horrible shots, missing FT's, the works. Same goes for Parker.

4) Finley was absolute garbage. Playing him against Odom at any time is just asking for trouble. When Barry was on the court, he was much better - and he's even able to handle the ball a bit, unlike Fin.

baseline bum
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Someone needs to drive Manu down the I-5 tonight to Tijuana and get him a slumpbuster.

T Park
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Pop's moved up Udoka in the rotation but man, he has Barry on that bench. In a short turnaround game like tonight Barry should've gotten a little more PT.

Yeah agreed, Manu should've gotten more rest in that second and third quarter and Barry should've been at the point or the 2 and taken some load off of the guys who played big minutes on monday.

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
he could have tonight to

dn0
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Stephen Hawking could have stopped manu tonight.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Sadly, yes.

WTF happened Manu?

:depressed

baseline bum
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Manu's obviously not healthy. Sucks, but injuries are part of the playoffs.

Peja
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Sasha Got Him, Many That Homo Bitch

Cant_Be_Faded
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
good move by pop to start manu in the 3rd quarter :tu gassing your injured player out even more is the best way to win a comeback game

Pablo Escobar
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
fuck manu trade his ass

Avitus1
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
His ankle must be a lot worse then we think.

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
then why not just sit him

other players know they have to step up

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
fuck manu trade his ass

for?

Peja
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
His ankle must be a lot worse then we think.

hahah hahaha hahaha hahahah hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so it was okay before now its not?

whenever you play bad its either flu or ankle or nba is fixed

2centsworth
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
All of you can go to hell.

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
All of you can go to hell.

yeah how dare someone call out the great manu

2centsworth
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM

Pop obviously doesn't think the spurs can win without him even on one ankle. I think tonight he should have pulled the trigger and gone with brent most of the way.

Borosai
I've never believed the whole injury line. Yeah, he's not 100%, just like many other guys still playing. He's just being inconsistent.

2centsworth

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
On some other boards, non-Spurs fans actually wonder why some Spurs fans hate both Tony and Manu and why they're really spoiled and harsh on their own goddamn players that other teams would love to have...

2centsworth
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM

you're a piece of crap. I would have said the same thing about your boyfriend when he played like crap with a bum ankle.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
And just think... two days ago, you clowns were comparing Manu's will to win with Kobe's... what a piece of euro trash!!!

Yeah, one game takes away his entire resume... :rolleyes

He's beaten up and fatigued. You doubled him all night. he was horrible, but as has amply been pointed out, he probably should've sat most of the second half. Give the guy a break.

Actually, I think it's remarkable that a guy who is so obviously playing at about 40% of his physical capacity right now played a game like he did in game 3. That's just stunning to me.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I've never believed the whole injury line. Yeah, he's not 100%, just like many other guys still playing. He's just being inconsistent.
Manu just lost his consistency that he had in the regular season. The defenses are keying on him and Manu's too willing to defer to Tim and Tony...

What I saw tonight was a non-aggressive Manu. He didn't step up tonight. But you have to give credit to the Laker defenses clogging the paint, etc.

Trainwreck2100
A blind seeing eye dog could have stopped manu tonight

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
you're a piece of crap. I would have said the same thing about your boyfriend when he played like crap with a bum ankle.

manu said he feels better then he has in recent weeks
he was hurt worse against hornets
get your facts staight

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Manu just lost his consistency that he had in the regular season. The defenses are keying on him and Manu's too willing to defer to Tim and Tony...

What I saw tonight was a non-aggressive Manu. He didn't step up tonight. But you have to give credit to the Laker defenses clogging the paint, etc.

I agree he did not look very aggressive in second half:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang
he looked HEALTHY

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM

Ah, no.

He has no lift, no explosion, is a step slow and can't even elevate for his jumper. On D he can't move laterally. That is NOT Manu.

He has an arthritic ankle, a bum finger, and he's getting smashed in this series off the ball at every opportunity for no call. The poor guy is the epitome of walking wounded.

mystargtr34
05-27-2008, 11:43 PM
he could have tonight to

:lmao ducks

ducks
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Ah, no.

He has no lift, no explosion, is a step slow and can't even elevate for his jumper. That is NOT Manu.

He has an arthritic ankle, a bum finger, and he's getting smashed in this series off the ball at every opportunity for no call. The poor guy is the epitome of walking wounded.
quite making excuses he said he was feeling better then he has in recent weeks
he was more hurt against hornets

Borosai
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Ah, no.

He has no lift, no explosion, is a step slow and can't even elevate for his jumper. On D he can't move laterally. That is NOT Manu.

OK, but none of that bothered him in game 3. That's why I said he's just being inconsistent, much like the rest of the team. That was a no-show Manu, and that just won't do--not even every other game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2008, 11:52 PM
So, watching him, you think he's healthy, or only a little beaten up?

Games 1/2/4 proved that he's not. Game 3 was just an aberration due to his incredible will to win. As I said: "Actually, I think it's remarkable that a guy who is so obviously playing at about 40% of his physical capacity right now played a game like he did in game 3. That's just stunning to me." Remember, he shot mostly from outside in game 3 - it wasn't like he suddenly got his physical gifts back then lost them again.

Poor guy gets so much shit, but you know what - if any of us were as beaten up as he is we'd be in bed begging for the Oxycontin.

jcrod
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
He is the most fustrating player to watch. To damn inconsistent.....crap.

homer
05-28-2008, 12:03 AM
That was Ray Allenesque
That was like a Richard Simmons bend-over
That was like George Bush versus any random series of terrorists.
That was G-I-N-O-B-I-L-I !

:dizzy

If someone use the words Nash and defense in the same sentence I'm gonna puke.................
Again:depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 12:06 AM
quite making excuses he said he was feeling better then he has in recent weeks
he was more hurt against hornets

After game 3, he said his first step from two months ago isn't back yet.

Spurs have to win as a team, the sad thing is, we didn't really need Manu to score for us to wn the game. ONE FUCKING THREE. ONE FUCKING THREE from Bowen, Horry, Barry, and Not Manu, AND THIS THREAD WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BUMPED.

Some of you guys are bad fans.

pad300
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
After game 3, he said his first step from two months ago isn't back yet.

Spurs have to win as a team, the sad thing is, we didn't really need Manu to score for us to wn the game. ONE FUCKING THREE. ONE FUCKING THREE from Bowen, Horry, Barry, and Not Manu, AND THIS THREAD WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BUMPED.

Some of you guys are bad fans.

Shall we leave Brent Barry and his 23 points in 27 minutes out of this shall we... Seriously, Barry was REALLY good this game. Chew out Finley, Chew out Horry, Chew out Udoka if you must, but leave Bowen and Barry alone. They both brought A level games. Barry on the O, and Bowen playing D on Kobe...

Borosai
05-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Manu is struggling, but it's not just him. Udoka with a stupid foul. Nobody hustling for the rebounds. A few silly turnovers (again). But it's rather obvious that the Spurs really need Manu to play well. Too bad Barry wasted an awesome game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Shall we leave Brent Barry and his 23 points in 27 minutes out of this shall we... Seriously, Barry was REALLY good this game. Chew out Finley, Chew out Horry, Chew out Udoka if you must, but leave Bowen and Barry alone. They both brought A level games. Barry on the O, and Bowen playing D on Kobe...

I was just saying, any team three was the difference...it's disappointing to see people lose perspective and seriously consider trading a team guy like Manu.

sassystriker
05-28-2008, 02:01 AM
I was just saying, any team three was the difference...it's disappointing to see people lose perspective and seriously consider trading a team guy like Manu.

Don't get yourself worked out over pathetic fans. Some just completely forget to use their brains after a loss. They'll just trash a player when its an L and praise him with an exageration up to heaven if its a win. Sore loser i'd say. Not a real fan.

sprrs
05-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Don't get yourself worked out over pathetic fans. Some just completely forget to use their brains after a loss. They'll just trash a player when its an L and praise him with an exageration up to heaven if its a win. Sore loser i'd say. Not a real fan.

So should Manu be praised for his play tonight then? He deserves the criticism he gets for tonight's game. That being said, I fully expect to see the real Manu from here on out, there's no way he's letting the team down.

Manufan909
05-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Shit, I thought the real Manu would show up in this game. I know he's hurt, but 8 shots? Come on, that's total bs. He needs to carry the load, and if that mean 10 of his 19 shots are three's, then whatever. I know he doesn't have his energy or athleticism right now, but one thing he should never lose is his drive. I hate to sound like a realistic Spurs fan, but I don't think there's any chance in hell he can recover, what with there only being a day between games for this series and all. Hopefully the Spurs actually execute this next game, and when Manu's on the floor, he leaves it all out there. Otherwise he'll have a couple months to kill before the Olympics. I hope everything turns out well, and he has one more ring AND Gold medal this year, but I don't have much hope left. The Spurs WILL win Game 5 though.

Believe.