PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Lakers and their MVP..

hater
05-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Props to the Lakers and their MVP:

http://z.about.com/d/sanantonio/1/0/s/A/-/-/spurs07ginobili.jpg

spursrocksocks
05-21-2008, 10:51 PM
man we choked hard

hater
05-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Thats the biggest playoff choke in a long time...:lol

I agree. But I knew Spurs were gonna lose game 1. I actually thought they'd get blown out. So when they were up by 20 I said, this loss is gonna hurt!

no problem. we got game 2.

Whisky Dog
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I thought there were several strategic mistakes that really hurt. Leaving Bruce on the bench when Kobe came back in the 3rd allowed him to get easy looks against Manu and Udoka.

Lakers played well when it counted, and the Spurs fell apart. I think the Spurs come back and get game 2, but they have to get Manu going. If Manu gets going the Spurs should win in no more than 6, if not then this could be a toss up epic 7 gamer.

hater
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
What Pop should have done is rest the main players the 1st half. no matter if we had gone down 15. Then play them on the 2nd half.

I don't really know what the fuck Pop was doing tonight. I think just testing the waters. and we payed the price.

Allanon
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
That was a pretty good game, the Spurs had the Lakers confused early on. I'm not sure why the Spurs always have that 2nd half drought, oddest thing but I'll take it.

Hahah, and yes, thankyou Manu.

BlingX14
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
When Phil Jackson wins Game 1 of any series, best-of-five or best-of-seven, his teams are 39-0 and have never lost when leading 1-0.

hater
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
When Phil Jackson wins Game 1 of any series, best-of-five or best-of-seven, his teams are 39-0 and have never lost when leading 1-0.

well Spurs had never won a series being down 0-2. and it happend last series.

they also hadn't won a game 7 on the road, and it happened last series.

see where this is going? :lol

KobeOwnsBowen
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Yep Kobe was off to and the Lakers still won. Lakers in 5.

2Cleva
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Like I said before - Ginobili can't handle the size of the players he has to go against for the Lakers.

hater
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Like I said before - Ginobili can't handle the size of the players he has to go against for the Lakers.

and Gasol can guard Duncan?

Lakers08Champs
05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Blew a 20pts lead into the 3rd, WOWOW that is big time Choke on the spurs mann pretty remarkable HAHA!!

2Cleva
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
and Gasol can guard Duncan?

He did good enough by himself for the first 3 quarters. What more - it meant less of Tony Parker attacking.

LA is going to concede points to Duncan. Thats a given. I got no complaints except Fisher's shot was broke.

What SA really has to worry about is LA's bench/role players - Radmanovic, Farmar, and Turiaf all have confidence now. Sasha doesn't have a conscience so he's fine regardless.

DazedAndConfused
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
If we can completely shutdown one of the big 3 every game we will always have a chance at winning.

I don't think Manu is going to have a great game against Sasha all series long. Sasha is forcing him right on every play and it's clear that Manu's ankle is hurting him badly enough to where he can't drive effectively. All he is doing well is shooting the 3 ball.

The Laker offense was definitely thrown out of sync. The Spurs have shutdown the interior and Odom and Gasol are not getting the easy points they used to. Phil countered with a smaller lineup that helped the spacing and forced the Spurs to venture out of the paint.

nkdlunch
05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
ouch, it's true Manu benefited Lakers more than SPurs.

Phil is doing exactly what Pop does and shutting down 1 of the big 3, letting Duncan get his points.

Phil thinks even if Odom and Gasol suck, his bench can still pull out wins. Phil is a smart mofo.

If Manu continues having a bad series there is no way in hell Spurs have a chance. Even if Duncan scored 40+ and Tony gets his 20.

urunobili
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
What Pop should have done is rest the main players the 1st half. no matter if we had gone down 15. Then play them on the 2nd half.

I don't really know what the fuck Pop was doing tonight. I think just testing the waters. and we payed the price.

i like this thread and i agree with this post.... Also, Pop should get a whole ton of blame apart from game 1 MVP for the Flakers AKA Manu...

nkdlunch
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Pop had some sort of idea of resting guys. That is why he played Vaughn and that's why he did not play Horry. He was definitely resting Horry so he is fresh for game 2. But his "plan" went out the window once we had a big lead in the 3rd. And everything got screwed up after that.

that's one good thing coming for game 2. a fresh Robert Horry

urunobili
05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
4 real... even Manu missing a potential game winner... just two three more baskets and there's no 0-1 record but the opposite today...

nkdlunch
05-27-2008, 10:06 PM
bump?